Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
WON - WWE Giulia Update

"*Regarding Giulia, the update is that she has not made her mind up and that she and WWE have spoken several times of late.*

*They’ve talked enough that there is something to the story, although the story she was going to the Performance Center at this time ended up not being accurate.*

*But she has not told those in Japan that she’s staying nor that she’s leaving."*

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Card for Stardom's Dream Queendom. Live on PPV!

**World of Stardom title:** Suzu Suzuki vs Maika (Donna del Mondo)

**Wonder of Stardom title:** Mirai (c, God's Eye) vs Saori Anou (Cosmic Angels) - 4th defense

**Strong Women's title:** Giulia (c, Donna del Mondo) vs Megan Bayne - 7th defense

**Goddesses of Stardom titles:** Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani (c, Queen's Quest) vs Natsuko Tora & Momo Watanabe (Oedo Tai) - 1st defense

Mei Seira, Syuri & Mina Shirakawa vs Nanae Takahashi, Yuu & AZM

Hanan, Hazuki, Saya Iida & Mayu Iwatani vs Ruaka, Fukigen Death, Starlight Kid & Rina

Lady C & Hina vs Thekla & Mai Sakurai vs Yuna Mizumori & SAKI vs Saki Kashima & Ami Sohrei

Yuzuki, Asuza Inaba & Miyu Amasaki vs Ranna Yagami, HANAKO & Sayaka Kurara

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Not gonna lie I'm not in the Camp of either Suzu or Maika but I'll be fine with either lady winning the Red Belt for a short reign for Tam to get it back and for Saya to take it from her.

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Card for Dream Queendom.

World of Stardom title: Suzu Suzuki vs Maika (Donna del Mondo)

Wonder of Stardom title: Mirai (c, God's Eye) vs Saori Anou (Cosmic Angels) - 4th defense

Strong Women's title: Giulia (c, Donna del Mondo) vs Megan Bayne - 7th defense

Goddesses of Stardom titles: Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani (c, Queen's Quest) vs Natsuko Tora & Momo Watanabe (Oedo Tai) - 1st defense

Mei Seira, Syuri & Mina Shirakawa vs Nanae Takahashi, Yuu & AZM

Hanan, Hazuki, Saya Iida & Mayu Iwatani vs Ruaka, Fukigen Death, Starlight Kid & Rina

Lady C & Hina vs Thekla & Mai Sakurai vs Yuna Mizumori & SAKI vs Saki Kashima & Ami Sohrei

Yuzuki, Asuza Inaba & Miyu Amasaki vs Ranna Yagami, HANAKO & Sayaka Kurara

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
It's a big day today, finally STARDOM DREAM QUEENDOM 2023 is today. In celebration of that, I compared the biggest three matches, off todays show. I have looked how all six wrestlers, did since december 3rd show leading to today.
(Win-Loss-Draw)

- STRONG Women's Title: Giulia (5-3-1)(c) vs. Megan Bayne (7-1-1)

- Wonder of Stardom Title: MIRAI (2-5-2)(c) vs. Saori Anou (2-0-1)

- World of Stardom Title, Decision Match: Suzu Suzuki (7-1-1) vs. Maika (7-2)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

This is a disaster, why does Bushiroad continually just give Stardom the bare bones available. They're actively stunting the companies growth at this point and I don't really have faith the changes they made recently will help if they can't even give them proper production for PPVs

Reactions: FatBagzJones

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Stardom_Dream_Queendom_3.jpg

STARDOM DRAM QUEENDOM Part I

- I am super hyped for this event. The last event I actually watched I feel was the end of Triangle Derby. Feel slightly guilty missing so much content this year, but que sera sera!

Match One: Six Man Tag Team Match
HANAKO, Rana Yagami & Sayaka Kuri vs. Azusa Inaba, Miyu Amasaki & Yuzuki
- Miyu Amasaki earns my favour in this opening contest. Inaba as well. The very young Lioness with buckets of potential.
- Starting the match nice and respectful. That is what I like to see ladies!
- Amasaki already very much offering herself as the MVP of this match.
- HANAKO is actually quite a big unit. Interested to see more of this wrestler in the future too.
- This match is a great way to kickoff proceeding though, its very fast paced and very fun.
- Sold wheels on the mat by Yizuki to pick up the win. Solid way to kick off this End of the Year celebration. Nice to see some post-match tensions between the New Blood talent too. Something to look forward too. Like juvenile rutting in the spring.

- No subtitles. No English comms. Zero idea what Tam is saying. My basic Japanese really isn't this good. LOL

Match Two: Four Way Tag Team Match
SAKI & Yuna Mizumori vs. Queen's Quest (Hina & Lady C) vs. Donna del Mondo (Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs. God's Eye (Ami Sourei & Saki Kashima)
- BariBari Bombers obviously obviously earn my favour. Although, God's Eye also enjoy a lot.
- Yuna Mizumori new hair look is pretty cool. SAKI holding gold from elsewhere. Well done to her.
- Lady C always keeping it classy and joined by Hina.
- Can't pretending I'm not popping for Thekla! I love her journey and backstory so much. A real fighter for her dreams! DDM!
- Mai's hat was so big as well WTF!
- Is that the Artist of Stardom belt I see around their waists? I've been sleeping on their trios tag team reign. Shame on me!
- This match is going to be fyah!
- The way we want four corners matches to start, with four women in the ring! LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!
- THEKLA with the double birds. "FUCK YOU!"
- If Giulia ends up leaving for the WWE. TK would be stupid not to get Thekla to AEW pronto. Such a talent.
- Lady C with her Giant Swing! Eat your heart out Claudio!
- Such a wild match. So much actions going on all at once. Pure carnage!
- What a thunderous Lariat from Sourei! That could have been game over right therer!
- Big finish and great win for God's Eye. Another great tag team match to get us in the mood.
- Thekla trying not to laugh at the post-match nonsense.

Match Three: Eight Man Tag Team Match
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Rina, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs. STARS (Hanan, Hazuki, Mayu Iwatani & Saya Iida)

- Both teams have great line ups, but its always Oedo Tai for me here. Star studded quartet.
- I know I've booked it in fantasy before - but an Oedo faction in the US would be fire. Reverse Bullet Club feel.
- RUAKA! SLK! Two absolute bosses of this shit! Just OT standing in the ring. This really feels like BIG EVENT TIME!
- Iida one half of the new blood tag team champions? Muscle Strong!
- Let the melee begin! STARS not getting their moment in the sun.
- This is really great though, solid eight man tag team match.
- STARS are the feel good babyface team though. If only I was more interested in the good guys.
- Iida and Grace as a duo would be a cool Muscle Mountain for TNA in the future.
- IWATANI & SLK SHARING THE RING TOGETHER! YES!!!!!!!
- Great spot by Fukigen and the referee!
- All the leaps from the turnbuckle. BOOM BOOM POW!
- This match is living up to my expectation. It is rocking!
- That is all she wrote! What a great spot to end the match. I forgot that Mayu was the IWGP Women's Champion. That title needs better booking, should on the line during this show.

[1:08]

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I feel asleep but they did upload the Semi and Main Event on Youtube so I'll watch it by the end of the Weekend. As for Tam I'm happy to hear after reading her thoughts that she is not retiring and she was thinking really deep about it but she'll back really soon.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

STARDOM DRAM QUEENDOM Part II

Match Four: Six Man Tag Team Match

Mei Seira, Mina Shirakawa & Syuri vs. 7Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu) & AZM
- the last tag team melee of the night and then the titles doth roll.
- AZM teaming up with 7Upp is a bit weird for me. Love AZM, not a big fan of the other two.
- Mina Shirakawa. So weird to thing Club Venus original trio isn't even a thing anymore. Xia left after Derby and May is now in AEW.
- Mei Seira. Really knowing nothing about her at all - High Speed Champion. applause.
- Syuri! This trio is quite an interesting one too. A bit of a random shuffle taking place with this match, but I really don't think it can be wrong. Stoked!
- AZM always bring the fire, even with unlikely team mates.
- Mina and Syuri together! What a great combo!
- The passion in this match, can not be denied. This is fucking awesome stuff! What a fucking match so far. Fuck the haters! THIS IS JOSHI SHIT!
- CODEBREAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- A tandem diving save to keep them in the match after that power splash from Nanae.
- So many near falls. So much teasing. So much fucking awesomeness! FIGHT FOREVER!
- Its over - but gosh darn that was fucking wild. AZM with 7Upp is interesting though. As a trio could be a lot of fun. Offers a different dynamic.
- 0/3 with my predictions though. My Joshi knowledge is clearly absent. Im clueless, but loving every second so far.
- Takahashi vs. Shirakawa somewhere down the line seems on the cards with that post-match exchange.
- Time for a nap, and hopefully watch at least another two matches later.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
- January 4 "Tokyo Dome City Hall"
Giulia/Suzu Suzuki Maika/Megan Bayne
- January 6 "Korakuen Hall"
Mayu Iwatani/Giulia Maika/Saori Anou
- February 4 "Osaka Tournament" to determine the first challengers for the World and Wonder Of #STARDOM Titles.

February with 2 Tournaments to determine the Red Belt and White Belt Challengers seems pretty obvious Maika vs Giulia for the Red Belt now the White Belt is really open.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

STARDOM DREAMQUEENDOM Part III

Match Five: Goddesses Of Stardom Title Match

AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) (c) vs. Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Natsuko Tora)
- this is a tough match as I enjoy both teams. But Saya and Utami might just edge it for me in terms of likes. Really though, this has no chance of being a let down.
- There was a cage match? I missed this. Gosh darn it! The build up looks like it has been intense though, and with QQ holding that serious tag team gold this lines up as a fucking dope as shit match. LFG Stardom!
- big match feel with these big match entrances. just before 8am in the morning. its almost like its live hahaha!
- Queen's Quest outfits and pre-wear never disappoints at all. its is always top drip.
- They chucked the case at Saya. Gosh darn out of nowhere knocked her off the rope rope like she weighed nothing.
- Thrown into the chairs! Clear the way for the baddest Joshi heels. EVIL would be proud.
- Momo and Saya can really both chop with their kicks. They are certified real asset in this biz.
- PACKAGE PILEDRIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- Tora's cannonball and just general aerial work always looks so clean. I can envisage so many great matches if she did an AEW Tour.
- Surely Utami isn't going to lose the belts by tapping out, although this hold is locked in tight. Aha ropebreak!
- Lariat and then Low Lariat. Gosh darn Natsuko is looking in great form. Is this an Oedo Tai victory sauce?
- So many near falls. This is gripping, truly gripping.
- GREEN MIST! Looked more liked caked mud. And we are still fighting. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.
- Utami survives again! You can't keep Hayashishita down!
- Kamitani springboard and goes aerial and out of the ring. Fly Saya Fly!
- MAGIC KILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! And Utami can't finish it on her own.
- SPIN AND SLAM! ONE TWO NOOOOOOOOOOO!
- RING THE BELL! Space Monkey that match was absolute fire. A massive defensive by AphroditE, at so many points I felt like Momo and Natsuko were taking the titles away. It is matches like that really should remind the the US scene - that women's tag team wrestling is fucking fire and needs championship gold.

Match Six: NJPW STRONG Women's Title Match
Giulia (c) vs. Megan Bayne

- really don't know too much about Bayne, but when it comes to Giulia we already know this match is going to be outstanding. Bayne is quite tall though? Look about my height and I love her costume. From these buildup clips, I would certainly be interested in seeing more of her in the future so this match might truly be a great introduction for me. And with the Strong Women's belt included. It is going to be hard to be let down I feel. Gold is top currency and it always pay at big events.
- the head dress-piece is so big. WHAT ON EARTH! She must looked like an absolute giant!
- One of my absolute favourites in all of Joshi. Giulia I will always cheer for you (maybe even in the fed...)
- The looks these two are giving each other, I can feel the contempt and it doesn't even feel like its kayfabe. It could actually be a shoot dislike.
- The first of three singles matches. This can really turn up the heat to red hot.
- Holy hell she was ring Gee by her braids. This Amazon is a savage. I can see why Stardom have her, if booked right they could turn her into a legit Joshi J(G)iant and be that top Gaijin. Size wise it would be absolutley believable.
- Giulia really need to deploy her technical ability and veteran skills to make this match work. Brain vs. Brawn for sure.
- She caught her in the air and tossed her over her shoulder in a dynamic suplex gosh, the chemistry between these two is on point.. A great matchup.
- Giulia unloads on Mega, only for the pure raw power to be unlocked. If I was there I would be standing u and clapping my hands for sure. These ladies are going hard!
- SLAP BATTLE!
- Its like a Heavyweight and Super Junior taking each other on. Real David vs. Goliath feels. Megan is almost like Brian Cage in terms of her style. It really refreshing to see in the Joshi/women's scene in general.
- TOMBSTONE! What a move to pull from your arsenal and almost win the belt.

- Did Bayne just use the F-5? This is some next level shit right now! Gee is taking a beating here.
- Giulia you need to get back into this match now or it will be too late. And just like that, Bayne spikes her in mid-air with a spinning arm. WHAT A MATCH!
- This match just keeps on giving. Holy Shit!
- Megan Bayne passed out. Submission victory in what was the perfect ending to beat Megan. Bayne has earn my favour though. Really very impressed with she brought to the table. A bit more refined and really could turn into a big deal in this business. If not in Japan, than in the US for sure. 100% the best match of the night so far. No shadow of a doubt.
- "FIGHT ME AGAIN SOMEDAY!" Yes please that is what we want to see. No handshake though.
- Megan getting chants from the audience is great though. Getting over with the fans as a foreigner is a massive deal, so booking wise really opens door and windows after a great performance like that.
- Trish Adora! Wow that is a match that I would like to see. I am guessing it could happen at the next NJPW-US event. Don't sleep on Adora, she can bring the fight for sure.

Match Seven: Wonder Of Stardom Title Match
MIRAI (c) vs. Saori Anou

- semi final time. Is going to be tough for this match to follow, but I have confidence MIRAI and Saori will bring their very best to this contest.
- Anou is looking to fly early, and MIRAI shows big brain by getting out of there as fast as possible. Starting this match slower is the right direction for sure.
- TARANTULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- This match is starting well and both of these girls are wrestling and moving with a very smooth motion in the ring.
- A lot of simialrities in this match, in some ways feel almost like a mirror match. Really interesting and so very different to the the previous contest.
- these two have really stepped up another notch since the last time I saw them both wrestle. I can understand why they are fighting so far up the card.
- This match is a grueling battle. Both these two feel like they are on the same level and every time they give something, they get the equal level of power and pain back in return. Really intense.
- MIRAI's bridge was so harsh that it looked like she was breaking her own back. That flexibility is unreal. HOLY FUCK!
- This really is a - whatever you can do, I am going to try to do better affair. Really raising the stock of the Wonder of Stardom Title.
- This match just keeps on giving, and giving and giving.
- Anou off the turnbuckle and catches nothing but air. A change in the landscape of this match, a new act has begun? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?
- Near Falls Extravaganza! This is too much. This is truly a mirror match of the ages. So even. So close. So tight.
- Is this going to be a fairytale win for Anou? I am starting to believe that a new champion is on the cards.
- Three Suplexes in a row - and its centimeters from a three count. WTF!
- AND THEN MIRAI STRIKES WITH A LARIAT! BACK AND FORTH - INTENSIO MAXIMO!
- This match is absolute fire. Like no word of a lie!
- Match is over, and by God that was fucking insane. Honestly feel that was a five star performance, if not at least 4.75 minimum.
- REAL JOSHI SHIT!
- A real confirmation moment for Saori Anou! What an amazing match to become the champion. Throw her flowers, she fucking earned the right to be called the Wonder of Stardom.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
164lEMw.png

STARDOM DREAMQUEENDOM Part IV

Main Event: World Of Stardom Title Match

Suzu Suzuki vs. Maika
- final match of the night and I really have not been let down by anything I've seen so far. Two amazing singles match, and knowing the winner of this match is going to be the new face of Stardom. Surely this guarantees two aces battling it out in a great contest!
- Suzu vs. Maiki is certainly not the match I was expecting to close the show, but I really am not disappointed. I am relishing the opportunity to dine on what I feel will be a great match to roundoff the night.
- Maika without Himeka is always going to feel weird though, but she is showing us that she can stand alone. Perhaps that is a romantic story in itself, and will line her up with the stars and moon to become the new champion. My DDM loyalties might leave me cheering for her in this contest, although surely Suzuki is the favourite going into this match.
- The bell rings and these two are just staring at each other. Intense. Big match feel. This match has all the making of a banger, based on the staredown alone. When the referee is shouting 'Fight Fight' you just know this is going to be a ripper.
- Suzuki pushing the referee. Let us fight, stay out of our business. And then launching Maika into the chairs. Just realized if Maika wins the belt, is Giuia answering to her? How would would that affect the power balance in the unit?
- Setting up the table! We want to see tables and shit!
- Suzuki running down the steps with a leaping striking knee. That smile afterwards. That is just pure passion. Super Suzu!
- Back to the outside, back towards the table. Counter and table is bent, but not fully broken. I really hate those tiny table though.
- I love the passion that DDM are offering. Giulia already out from the back and cheering Maika on. This is why units are so fucking awesome, and I wish it would translate to the US scene.
- This really is coming off as a match between two of the very best that Stardom has to offer. This really does feel like a true main-event match.
- The camera cutting to Tam every so often is also great production. Reminds us all of what could have been if injury hadn't struck.
- Suzu sending Maika off the top with a waistlock drop - hard hitting. No way that doesn't hurt them both. And again with waist control and suplex. Suzuki makes that move look so damn clean.
- This really could do in any direction right now, I have no idea who is going to win this! And that is what I want in a main-event match. Neither of them are giving anything away or any indication at all.
- RUNNING POWERBOMB by Maika and then the Powerslam, but the fight goes on!
- AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN! Maiki won't stop with the punishment. ONE! TWO! THREE!
- What an amazing moment! DDM has its second world champion. Perhaps Thekla will one day become the third! DDM certainly raising their stock as surely the top unit in Stardom now. The belt around the waist. There can be no denying - the era of MAIKA IS HERE!
- Feel for Suzu, she is a great worker and will surely win the belt herself one day. I think that the second time she has lost to a member of DDM to not become the champion.
- Giulia helping Suzu? Have I missed something or is that just good sportsmanship?
- Enjoy this moment. Enjoy the streamers and tinsel. This is your red belt holder. THIS IS THE FACE OF STARDOM!
- Overall a really great show. IWGP and World matches were both great. Wonder of Stardom though I think has to be MOTN and five star worthy.