Star Wars Movies/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Based on JJ's level of fan service.....it's happening.

Yeah I could see it, but Kylo might die protecting Rey from The Emperor and she deals the final blow.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I could see it, but Kylo might die protecting Rey from The Emperor and she deals the final blow.

I'd be cool with Kylo and Rey getting together for a bit just for Kylo to do the Darth Vader death but if they end up together at the end of the movie then fuck that

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Also first Episode of The Mandalorian starts November 12, and we'll get a Second Episode on the 15th. Majorly psyched for that as well, as that finishes Obi-Wan will be shooting so before you guys know it that will come out in 2021 I imagine.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bill Burr in space is my only reahook for Mandalorian......and maybe Gina Carano.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished the first Episode of The Mandalorian and boy it was a banger. The Jedi Master Dave Filoni directed this first Episode and it's making me even more wanting to see him get a crack at a future Star Wars film for sure. Fett who?? That is how I feel about Pedro Pascal right now his voice is perfect for the role, and give props to the Stuntmen as well. I can bring you warm or cold yeah that is how I wanna see a Bounty Hunter of his act in this World everyone is living in. Loved the Action for sure from beginning to end, and OH MY GOD the asset though. I have so many things running through my head why would they want that asset and who knows what becomes of this. Thank God we don't have wait long to see Episode 2, but hell of a start for this Show.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
You know I've been a fan of Star Wars since 2000 and my love for it funny goes back to when one of my Teachers in School at that time showing us a VHS Tape of Phantom Menace. Yes kids VHS those existed in our time and it's like the Wheel to this Generation today for sure. Anyways it was crazy as I think about it because it was around Christmas break so the Teachers had no gameplan just show them Movies all day till they go on break. So one of my Teachers popped in the VHS tape of Phantom Menace and boom they caught me in a Spider's Web. Weeks later Channel UPN would show the Original Trilogy I guess as a celebration at the time of the film coming out VHS so within a Month's time I saw four Episodes of Star Wars and it hit me like a Tidal Wave. I've had the pleasure to enjoy the films from both the Prequel and Original and love them both, while enjoying like Rebels, Clone Wars, and now The Mandalorian. Alot of people were split on The Last Jedi, but I think The Rise of the Skywalker will bring the fans that are split back together I feel.

What a great ending and it's just hitting me now that, when we see a Star Wars film with the Title Episode might be when I'm in my 40's or 50's who knows. I like how early on we see/hear The Emperor and meeting Kylo. I thought for sure that would be a Third Act thing, but they showed us that and what Kylo would do when he met him. Kylo for a long time has been conflicted maybe even before Force Awakens and I loved how it ended for. It took his Mother and Father both speaking to him to bring him back to to the light. Now even though I would of loved to see Luke speak to Ben it still worked when Han showed up and Kylo's memory of him made him make a different decision of him not killing his Dad. Come on Leia giving her life to tell her Son stop what you're doing got to me. Maybe Kylo by this time he probably thought my Mother forgot about me because of my decisions, and that moment when he has Rey dead to rights made him change his mind because he was like My Mom still cares and loves me.

Even though Rey showed alot what the fuck how did she learn that along with Ben when it came to their powers, I liked her progression as a Character in this film. She was at her wits end at one point about to give up on the Force and being a Jedi, and Luke talking to her to no don't let fear push you away like me, face it head on and face the Emperor. I loved that moment when he raises his X-Wing from the Water helping her to find the Emperor. Throughout this film she was torn on where or not she was doing the right thing and if she could stay away from the dark side and she came out like a true Jedi. The moment she calls herself Skywalker and takes the name in honor of Leia and Luke yes because in some ways they are her family she never had.

Now I would say I expected this boom boom big battle with Ships etc to happen because it needed to happen. The Emperor had been hiding for Years it would make sense that over that amount of time he was able to get it done. I have a problem thought with them not explaining to us how the Emperor lived, or if he cloned himself and who are the Knights of Ren. You give us who Rey's Parents and how her Father was the Son of the Emperor, but not even a Scene or two of how this all came together. I thought the fight with Rey/Ben vs Emperor Palpatine was okay, but damn you make The Emperor come back and all he does is Force Lightning? Granted it was dope to see use it and destroy all those ships in the ship, was kinda wanting The Emperor to do more than that. All of the Jedi vs All the Sith and Rey comes out on top it was to be expected and Ben giving up his life to have her continue on is great and made sense based on his decisions he made earlier. Star Wars has always been able decisions, no matter where you come from it's decisions. Rey made hers just like Ben and this is what we got. So some stuff I really liked involving Rey/Kylo, some stuff I was kinda wanting more from like The Emperor, but it was good overall and a great ending to this Saga.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I am old and really like the original 3, but, man, I have tried my best to get in to any of them after the original trilogy. I have watched most of them (the prequel trilogy, parts of this current trilogy), maybe I am just not trying hard enough, I can't enjoy them the same as the originals. Carrie Fisher was stunning as an older lady, I think she looked better than she did when she was young (though that's not saying a whole lot, I guess, because she was always beautiful). Maybe I will try again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's not our Star Wars anymore.

We had our versions with the OG trilogy......it's someone else's now.

Alot of opinionated fans need to realize that and figure out that JJ Abrams nostalgia pandering has hurt that franchise more than anything.

Atleast Lucas tried expanding the universe instead of just making it all Skywalker centric.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
It's not our Star Wars anymore.

We had our versions with the OG trilogy......it's someone else's now.

Alot of opinionated fans need to realize that and figure out that JJ Abrams nostalgia pandering has hurt that franchise more than anything.

Atleast Lucas tried expanding the universe instead of just making it all Skywalker centric.

I mean if I blame anyone for anything it's not JJ at all I feel. Granted he was in control of two outta third of the films, but it goes to the top and that is Kathleen Kennedy. They didn't have a plan or guideline to where they wanted to go with this trilogy and with her not really caring for Star Wars as we do and loving not just the Movies, but the stuff outside of the films with the graphic novels, tv/animated side of things it split up the fanbase I feel. It's actually a good thing we won't see films for a little bit from them and when we do it will not have the fallback of any of the stuff we've seen past or presently. I'm happy with what the future holds for us fans with the Mandalorian[which I need to finish the finale], and stuff like the Obi-Wan Series coming were going into a good direction which should hopefully bring in new fans and old ones as well.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I did see it this mornin' and it was a mess. Of course, I didn't know what was goin' on. The only plus was that I got laid.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kathleen Kennedy not caring about Star Wars? That's literally her entire job.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Kathleen Kennedy not caring about Star Wars? That's literally her entire job.
'
She is a great Producer no doubt check her her credits crazy some of the stuff she's been attached to over the years, but she isn't as knowledgeable or has that same love for Star Wars like us. I remember hearing a Year or so ago when Rebels was finishing up their last Season someone asked her about the Show and she came off like she's never seen a Episode of Clone Wars or Rebels. She was also a pain in the ass with Directors during the Han Solo film and I heard she's been a pain in the ass since the Films came back. Now it might be that she cares, or her thinking what is good to make her more money rather than a story that makes sense. Now in 2021 her deal ends I'm hoping someone lie Jon Favreau takes over and have Dave Filoni under him. Two guys who are going to lose sleep for us to give us more of what we want from Star Wars I feel.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Or you can start a petition where I take over Star Wars and have them battle Star Trek.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So I finished the Season Finale of The Mandalorian and it was freaking great. Just wish this Season was 10 Episodes instead of 8, because with the ending I want to see more!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Final Season of Clone Wars damn this is going to be a intense Season. You see that what Episode 3 failed to do at times with Anakin's transition to the Dark Side will be handled well better, and Ahsoka vs Darth Maul come on I need that in my veins right now. Anakin vs Obi-Wan Saber battle, and what was Ashoka doing when Order 66 happened, that should be interesting to find out.

Last edited: