Star Wars Movies/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The Bad Batch, who finally made their long-awaited debut earlier this year in the final season of The Clone Wars, are now set to return in their own animated series. Disney+ today announced that the streaming service has ordered a new animated series from Lucasfilm, Star Wars: The Bad Batch. The new show will debut later in 2021 on Disney+.

The new animated show will be set in the immediate aftermath of the Clone Wars as the Bad Batch search to find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy. The Bad Bach is a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their Clone Army brothers. Each one possesses a singular exceptional skill making them uniquely effective soldiers and a formidable crew. The post-Clone War era will show the Bad Batch take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose in their lives.

The series will be executive produced by The Clone Wars creator Dave Filoni, Athena Portillo, Brad Rau, and Jennifer Corbett. Meanwhile, Carrie Beck will serve as co-executive producer, and Josh Rimes as producer. Rau also serves as supervising director, with Corbett attached as head writer.

Disney+ SVP Agnus Chu commented on the show: “Giving new and existing fans the final chapter of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ has been our honor at Disney+, and we are overjoyed by the global response to this landmark series. While the Clone Wars may have come to its conclusion, our partnership with the groundbreaking storytellers and artists at Lucasfilm Animation is only beginning. We are thrilled to bring Dave Filoni’s vision to life through the next adventures of the Bad Batch.”

Today’s announcement included the series logo reveal, which you can see above. You can also check out a clip from The Clone Wars episode, “The Bad Batch,” featuring the debut of the characters.

Bad Batch was one of the best things that happened in the last Season of Clone Wars for real. Their leader looks like Rambo legit and the group is the group you send in to get done the jobs Jedi and other Clones dare not to touch. When the Season ended I was hoping for this news to go along with Ahsoka having her own Series and I'm going to get both thank God.

• Love
Reactions: Carter

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
lol thanks to Jon favereu and George's Lucas number two Fella, forget his name but on a bonus ep he explained Star Wars in such great detail on how the story works.

Kathleen Kennedy is sidelined now thanks fucking god, she is the worst person in the Star Wars franchise, she fucking messed Star Wars up so much , the best Star Wars channel for me is star Wars theory on YouTube.

@HoHo Kimura what's the guys name who wears the cowboys hat, he is so freakin' clever , there is the man who is gonna save Star Wars from Kennedy grasp.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
lol thanks to Jon favereu and George's Lucas number two Fella, forget his name but on a bonus ep he explained Star Wars in such great detail on how the story works.

Kathleen Kennedy is sidelined now thanks fucking god, she is the worst person in the Star Wars franchise, she fucking messed Star Wars up so much , the best Star Wars channel for me is star Wars theory on YouTube.

@HoHo Kimura what's the guys name who wears the cowboys hat, he is so freakin' clever , there is the man who is gonna save Star Wars from Kennedy grasp.

Oh you're talking about Dave Filoni. He was trained in the ways of the Force via Lucas and he's given us so many great things. The Animated side of Star Wars with Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch(coming soon) all from his mind. I can't forget Filoni has directed on the Mandalorian as well he did the Ahsoka inspired Episode and it was probably my fav of the Season. Those two guys get Star Wars in and out and are bringing in people who love it and are driving SW in the right direction.

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Oh you're talking about Dave Filoni. He was trained in the ways of the Force via Lucas and he's given us so many great things. The Animated side of Star Wars with Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch(coming soon) all from his mind. I can't forget Filoni has directed on the Mandalorian as well he did the Ahsoka inspired Episode and it was probably my fav of the Season. Those two guys get Star Wars in and out and are bringing in people who love it and are driving SW in the right direction.

He is so clever, when he explained how Star Wars story was meant to go, Star Wars theory channel,explained there might a time split in the story.

He has saved the franchise,

George Lucas is the master Jedi and Dave his apprentice, man he will take us on a new journey which will hopefully get fans back.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
@HoHo Kimura have you read this book before?? There is four books in the set , my mate borrowed me The Sith Book which was sick. There's another two one about storm troopers and I forget the other one.

IMG_5998.JPG

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Jedi TEXTS! THE JEDI TEXTS! Yeah I've read them and the Sith one is my favorite. I get nuts over details like this involving the Jedi and Sith it was a must read for me.

• Love

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
The Jedi TEXTS! THE JEDI TEXTS! Yeah I've read them and the Sith one is my favorite. I get nuts over details like this involving the Jedi and Sith it was a must read for me.

Same i like how anakin is throwing a bit shade to qui gon lol, I read the sith one four times over , this book is really interesting. Shows the flaws in the Jedi about not being to realize certain aspects of the force.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I know the prequel films aren't loved very much by Star Wars fans, but I was randomly watching Revenge of the Sith clips last night and I just love that movie. I get why people hate those movies, but they hold such a soft spot for me.

I think Hayden Christensen gets unfairly hated. Solid actor that got saddled with shit lines.

B09X.gif

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I know the prequel films aren't loved very much by Star Wars fans, but I was randomly watching Revenge of the Sith clips last night and I just love that movie. I get why people hate those movies, but they hold such a soft spot for me.

I think Hayden Christensen gets unfairly hated. Solid actor that got saddled with shit lines.

B09X.gif

My thoughts exactly I love the Prequels as well. Revenge of the Sith might be my second or third fav Star Wars film if I add in Rogue One, and Han film to the Universe. Come on if someone told you I can teach you something to keep your loved ones from dying would you join me and I would say yes. I think the Writing for the Prequels was suspect at times and way too Political that is suppose to be for kids and families. I think with him returning in the Obi-Wan Series things will go the opposite way and only positivity will be talked about with his Character I feel.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly I love the Prequels as well. Revenge of the Sith might be my second or third fav Star Wars film if I add in Rogue One, and Han film to the Universe. Come on if someone told you I can teach you something to keep your loved ones from dying would you join me and I would say yes. I think the Writing for the Prequels was suspect at times and way too Political that is suppose to be for kids and families. I think with him returning in the Obi-Wan Series things will go the opposite way and only positivity will be talked about with his Character I feel.

Rogue One is a good shout. I think that is the only one of the newer ones I can honestly say was a straight up great movie. Not just a good Star Was film. I would always opt to watch the prequel trilogy over the other ones if I'm being honest. Maybe it's because I grew up with them. Sure, some parts are cringey, but Star Wars has always been a bit on the cheesy side anyways.

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH

B09X.gif

I'd say after Return of the Jedi, it's my second favorite film in the franchise.

I like Rouge one and solo aswell. Tbh the rise of Skywalker isn't to bad but I look at I think as not part of the original six but a side film lol.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the Jedi book it's been really fun to know even more stuff about SW, it's like opening Pandora's box .

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Prequel opinions are mainly a generational thing.....I watched them originally with my niece who was very young and while I was all "fuck this jar jar motherfucker"....she was laughing at his antics.....so my frustrations were moot.....those movies weren't meant for me.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
E7AijqnXsAkNcB2

They were selling this at Comic Con! ShopTrends is selling it only in the US I've heard. Grogu seemly is about to have a Yellow Saber after his Training! Yellow's meaning usually means very intelligent and he should be he's what 50 or so right if memories serves me correctly. Plenty of usage has come out of the Yellow and it makes me even more psyched on what is the future to come for Luke and Grogu going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Rewatched Revenge of the Sith. Shit holds up. I'd say it's the most well-rounded prequel film. As much as I enjoy Attack of the Clones too, the whole trilogy really, they really gave Hayden some pretty bad lines to deliver. It ended up with people thinking the guy was a bad actor, but script needed work. I feel like with the last film they finally figured out where they were going with it, and Anakin in particular. You really get to see his performance shine in this one, and just gets unleashed a lot more. Which is great.

Possibly one of my favourite final acts of a movie ever, Ewan McGregor was a fantastic Obi Wan.

Shit got me feeling like a kid again. Might end up watching the other two prequel films at this point. Always get the urge to rewatch the movies when I play a Star Wars game.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
light-and-magic-mandalorian.jpg

In celebration of Star Wars Day, a brand-new series that will take a look behind the curtain of Lucasfilm's revolutionary effects division has been officially revealed. This new series to be coming to Disney+ called Light and Magic, a new documentary focusing on the Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), the special visual effects, animation, and virtual production division that created the fantastical visuals from Lucasfilm and influenced the entire Hollywood film industry.

The first word of this upcoming series was revealed back in September by famous composer James Newton Howard when he made an appearance on the Score: The Podcast, where he said Lawrence Kasdan would be directing the six-part docuseries and Howard scored the documentary. Now, the series is officially been revealed. Kasdan is an Academy Award-nominated filmmaker and is also a credited writer on some of the studio's biggest films such as The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, and Solo. The series will go behind the scenes of the innovative ILM, following the stories of the people behind the effects that have wowed audiences across the decades, from their smallest personal films to bringing George Lucas' world and ideas to the screen. From Imagine Documentaries and Lucasfilm, and executive produced by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard.

Fans in attendance at the Star Wars Celebration event in Anaheim, California later this month will get a chance to see the first look at Light and Magic with a sneak peek of the upcoming series being revealed at the event. Along with this early look, there will also be an “illuminating” discussion panel held featuring Kasdan and Ron Howard along with VFX titans Dennis Muren, Phil Tippett, Joe Johnston, and Rose Duignan. Also joining this group on the panel will be Lynwen Brennan, Lucasfilm executive Vice President and General Manager. The sneak peek and panel about Light and Magic will be held on Friday, May 27.

Industrial Light and Magic was founded in 1975 by Lucas. Teaming up with John Dykstra, the pair brought together a team of students, artists, and engineers to bring Lucas' vision to life and create the game-changing special effects that would become synonymous with the original Star Wars film and its sequels. After the success of the original film, Lucas began to expand the company to do special effects that went on to influence the many different films across many different genres and studios. These films not only included fellow entries in the Star Wars saga and other Lucas projects like Indiana Jones, but also films like the Back to the Future trilogy, Terminator sequels, the Harry Potter series, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and even more, topping out at around 300 different films.

The six-part docuseries Light and Magic will premiere exclusively on Disney+ on July 27.

Reactions: Jimmy King