South Park: The Stick of Truth

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
93549.jpg

E3 reveal trailer:
[video=youtube;u-1dMvWnOdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-1dMvWnOdE[/video]

Matt Stone & Trey Parker E3 announcement:
[video=youtube;OUF_qRKb2v8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUF_qRKb2v8[/video]
Developed by Obsidian, The Stick of Truth puts the players in the shoes of a new kid who has just moved to South Park and tries to become the fifth member of the core foursome. Possessing a special power, your new kid - who will be fully customizable in the trademark South Park look - must join Kyle, Stan, Cartman and Kenny to save the town.

One of the difficulties, said Parker and Stone, was that in the 15 years of making South Park they'd never once mapped out the town. So when the game called for the player to go from Kyle's house to the school, they had to draw maps of South Park from scratch.

The Stick of Truth will bring back crab people, Jesus, the marauding Mongolians, and the boys' anime-esque ninja alter egos among other fan favorites. Attacks will include lit farts.

- The Escapist

So yeah, the small gameplay snippets looks like Final Fantasy-esque combat with RPG elements, with apparent work and emphasis going into the set pieces and humour to make the town come to life.

It will be a AAA full retail release, developed by the team behind I believe Fallout: New Vegas. This could very easily be a mess I will admit, but the potential is undeniably there as well. Fingers crossed this turns out well. I'll be buying it on release anyway, being the South Park fanboy I am.

Ben

Reaction score
This game actually looks like it's going to be really good. Being a huge South Park fan will help things even if the gameplay is iffy, but it looks pretty well rounded.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I have to agree as I am a huge South Park fan as well. When I first read about this in a Game Informer magazine, I was immediantly on board and now I am super on board. I love RPG's and I've been itching to play another JRPG game so this should suit me very well. I expect this to be filled with fun references just like the show

Ryan

Reaction score
The trailer actually made me laugh. I'm pretty sure no game trailer has ever done that before so I think this could actually be a good game considering that the game looks very true to the show.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Never been a fan of the other South Park games, this one only looks half decent. It should honestly just stick to being a show.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I'm on board for a South Park game finally backed by the creators themselves. Reading in Game Informer and this month's issue it seems there's a bit of a wait on it though. I can't wait to see it, especially if you get full customization with character as "The New Kid"

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Never been a fan of the other South Park games, this one only looks half decent. It should honestly just stick to being a show.

The difference now though is that Stone & Parker have full creative control of this project, and since they last touched the videogame market they've found success in TV, film and even broadway. So I have faith they know what they're doing here. Not to mention the game is being developed by Obsidian, perhaps the biggest developer of Western RPG's next to Bethesda.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I will probably pick this up. The trailer looks pretty sweet and the game looks fun. Bleh, half the games at E3 aren't out til 2013. :(

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
2nd trailer

[video=youtube;Vd4N8yEfr1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4N8yEfr1M[/video]

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
God this looks so good. I hope this will have a long story and a big map but even if it doesn't, I still can't wait for this game.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
God this looks so good. I hope this will have a long story and a big map but even if it doesn't, I still can't wait for this game.

Going off the end of the clip, I'm hoping Matt and Trey show these videogame writers how to write an awesome conspiracy plot. While often ridiculous, that seems to be their strength.