So, who's winning the Rumble this year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I wouldn't say this year but maybe at the Rumble. I could see Christian returning in the RUmble and him and Edge end up teaming up. Then they would have there reunion but they would need a team to face, so who could that be?

...god...

Reaction score
The Brothers of Destruction. Kane 'resurrects' the Undertaker to serve him/Paul Bearer uses the urn to control him and makes him help Kane. Something I honestly thought the WWE would do and then Christian would return for an epic E&C vs. BoD match.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I really pray WWE does some unpredictable shit like have Triple H come in at 29, have the world think he's going to win it all on his epic return, then have Jericho come out at 30 and eliminate him. Have a month-long feud between the 2 which culminates at Elimination Chamber (which keeps Triple H out of that match) and then let Jericho carry on to WrestleMania. Have Jericho use Sheamus to keep Triple H at bay for a while (promising him return but never cashing it in) leading to the face-turn of Sheamus...

...but fuck that noise, we're talking about WWE.

CMS

Reaction score
Yeah, let's blame WWE for your scenario not taking place, ignoring the fact that turning Sheamus would not only suck but is completely unnecesary

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Sheamus turning face would actually be good. His good guy badass character in FCW was super awesome. ...But him turning face with a Triple H feud left unresolved would be asinine, especially with him winning the KOTR.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yeah, let's blame WWE for your scenario not taking place, ignoring the fact that turning Sheamus would not only suck but is completely unnecesary
Yeah, yeah, let's BLAME WWE. Who else do we blame then? And why are we assuming that Sheamus turning would suck? His "Hey Fella!" as a face would be fucking awesome as hell... and he could still be a complete badass.

Why, WHY would you turn Sheamus FACE against the returning face HE PUT ON THE SHELF??? Really??
Who is to say Triple H has to return as a face? You could do a 2-week lead-up where top faces are being taken out with the sledgehammer, have him cut a promo on his way to the ring for the Rumble, and then commence plan from there.

Sheamus turning face would actually be good. His good guy badass character in FCW was super awesome. ...But him turning face with a Triple H feud left unresolved would be asinine, especially with him winning the KOTR.
Again, you could easily set the stage with Triple H turning heel...

Reaction score

but would anyone cheering a red nut or ginger pubes man???

i think i got a point here...

Airfixx

Reaction score
Can Sheamus play a good face in WWE: Probably.

Should they turn him face: Hell no... They've just finally build him into a credible ME heel who's all set to reignite what should be an awesome fued wit HHH.

Seriously, get yourself an attention span - This ain't Russo/TNA. :roll:

kingovkings

Reaction score
HHH showing up and preventing Sheamus from winning the Rumble would be the more likely scenario.

This i haven't read most of the posts just scrolled down some. But yeah this is pretty much my opinion :)

Reaction score
Does no one else think it's totally obvious that the KOTR win for Sheamus means a "in the very near future" return for THE King of Kings, Triple H!?! I mean come on, I thought that was pretty obvious the second Sheamus was crowned. Obviously what people said before about Trips costing Sheamus the RR win or perhaps the title at Elimination Chamber is how he's going to return......NOT winning the Rumble. Thus you have your Trips/Sheamus match at WM27 without involving the title, because at this point it shouldn't anyway. And the thought of switching the two's roles as face/heel is absolutely ridiculous at this point and well, to be frank....just plain STUPID!

That being said I think the RR winner comes from Raw this year. And the most likely candidates are Cena and Jericho. Orton doesn't need it. Miz will in all likelihood still be the Champ at RR, at least if they want to make him have a credible title run. CM Punk isn't coming back in another month and a half. Barrett and Nexus still have plenty of other directions they will go as opposed to him winning the Rumble. We've discussed Trips and Sheamus. Morrison isn't ready for that spotlight just yet. So who else is there? R-fucking Truth!?!?! lol! I really liked the idea of having Jericho win and launch a full-scale plot to destroy the GM, since it is what he said he'd do anyway before he got the punt.

Veritas

Reaction score
CM Punk isn't coming back in another month and a half.

Yeah, he actually probably is. All reports indicate that Punk will be ready to go again in early January. I think it'd be interesting to see him sit at the announcer's desk and call the entire Rumble then, when Num. 30 comes, they play his music and he dives in the ring and starts going wild with eliminations. I don't think Punk's going to win the Rumble but I think he'll be active in it. They might even advance his ghost storyline through the Rumble, having the person he directed his promo at the Slammy's at revealed during this event.

I really liked the idea of having Jericho win and launch a full-scale plot to destroy the GM, since it is what he said he'd do anyway before he got the punt.

Jericho & Fozzy have tours scheduled both before and after Mania. I really don't think McMahon's going to let Jericho make a series of guest appearences for 3 months leading up to Mania. If Jericho is involved in Mania, it'll be a 1-month sorta deal IMO. He won't be making his return at the Rumble.