So, who's winning the Rumble this year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
It's crystal ball time (i.e. before the hype starts).....

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I can see Sheamus winning it next year and inserting himself back into the big title picture. Hopefully this feud with Morrison grows to be something pretty enjoyable and a solid feud to close out the year leaving him with momentum to be a considerable choice to win the RUmble

noumenon

Reaction score
My honest guess at this point is Miz after a failed MITB cash in. I think Miz needs to be build the hard way at this point as we've seen far too may failed MITB pushes. People just aren't buying this instant cash in anymore for a first title reign. Miz really needs a solid title win to really push him as a top star. For as to who is opponent would be I suppose that's wide open as to whether or not they'd want to push him as a top face or heel... with the guys mic skills either one are open at this point.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I have a feeling Alberto Del Rio will get the win, he's been doing really well since being put on Smackdown, had a #1 Contenders match a couple weeks ago which shows they must like him an he's quite over as a heel. He could cheat to win the Rumble or maybe 'injure' Mysterio or someone before the Rumble thus taking their spot to win it would really get him hated and then he could start a good feud with whoever the champ is, I would say Edge and have Kane lose the belt cause he'll be facing Taker an their is no need to have the belt in their feud now tbh. I think Del Rio would be one of the best options.

Reaction score
We're going to hear that announcer say "Jyyyyyyoooohhhhhnnnnn Ceeeeeeeeeeennnnaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

And I'm going to turn off the TV, and quietly place a revolver under my chin.

Montana

Reaction score
This is tough because you don't have a young wrestler on the verge of the championship. Miz and Del Rio are good options, but i can't see them main eventing Wrestlemania next year.

So my pick is HHH. Returning from injury, gets a big push to the title.

Veritas

Reaction score
Gonna go with Orton. I'm figuring Barrett wins the title at Survivor Series and holds it at least through the Rumble. That'll set up Cena/Orton for Mania - again.

Reaction score
Because killing yourself over the winner of a scripted event totally makes sense.

No. But being unfunny and played out does.

Seriously though, Miz is NOT going to lose his MITB shot. That's just ridiculous. They've built him up so perfectly that it would be near suicidal for that to happen, they've never invested this much time into ANY MITB winner. I see him cashing it in after the Elimination Chamber, but declaring that he's going to take the winner on at Mania, to add to the edge they've been booking him with these past few months since his opportunistic chances have failed him.

Barrett's probably going to win the Rumble and take his shot to SD! in the throwaway title match, probably against Edge.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Yeah it would be crazy for Miz to cash in and lose, he's been built up well, nearly as well as Edge after winning the first one imo. Lets not forget Miz still has alot of time to hold onto the briefcase, he doesn't have to cash in before Mania like all the previous times because he won this at the MITB PPV, I'd like to see him hold it until after Mania or maybe cash in at Mania but not anytime before then.

If Triple H returns and wins the Rumble which I can definitely see happening now I'll be pissed, he should not Main Event Mania, especially after just coming back from injury, plus the already had Edge return to win it last year. It probably is a little early for Del Rio to win it but it would be a good shock. Now that I think about it though, it would be awesome if CM Punk won, he did well in the last one and he isn't doing too much right now so maybe built him for a Rumble win.

Reaction score
If it's any of these names that wins I will be severely upset:

Wigger Jorts
HHH
Rey Mysterio
Orton (I like him but I don't want him to win. He doesn't really need it. He'll be over no matter what)
Edge
Undertaker

I'd love to see a Del Rio victory speech on Raw following his win at the Rumble though. It'd be hilarious. I don't think he'll win though. I think he's a long shot, tbh.

...god...

Reaction score
This is who will win:

1) Sheamus
2) Barrett
3) Miz

Like the past 5-6 Royal Rumbles, this one will be stupidly predictable as far as who will win, don't worry. Then again, it usually always is, but like the Randy Orton one was just TERRIBLE. Like it was so obvious he'd win, the 2009 Royal Rumble has to be the worst in the entire decade.

Of course, I'd prefer it if Jericho or Punk won, but that'll be doubtful.