So, who's winning the Rumble this year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
gates probably thinks Katie Vick was Triple H's idea in his deranged mind.

prodigyx911

Reaction score
I REALLY don't want Triple H to 'surprise' everyone and come back from injury to win. Edge did that earlier this year and I'm sorry, but c'mon. Your first match back healed and you're going to go against 30 men??? and WIN??? No, no, no.

Reaction score
Wigger Jorts comes back with the help of Theodore Long and a new contract and SURPRISE! Wins the Rumble!!

:noway:

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Shelton Benjamin makes his epic return and wins the Royal Rumble, book it.

It will probably be so telegraphed by the time the Rumble comes, there won't be any doubt of who'll win.

noumenon

Reaction score
A returning Chris Jericho wins and sets off on a quest to get vengeance on the corrupt RAW GM now revealed as Michael Cole who is of course protecting his golden boy and WWE champion The Miz. Jericho vs. Miz at Mania....TADA.

Airfixx

Reaction score
It will probably be so telegraphed by the time the Rumble comes, there won't be any doubt of who'll win.

Indeed, that's why I asked now.... Predictions rather than deductions.

LOL @ Shelton tho'.

CMS

Reaction score
Seriously...Christian? I mean, come on. Let's think realistic for a while....that has no chance of happening. I am not ruling out a title reign for Christian (a short one albeit) but as big of a push as a Royal Rumble match victory and main eventing Mania? Not happening.

John Cena is winning this bad boy. They need to set up Cena vs Taker or Cena vs Orton somehow, and maybe is my lack of imagination, but this is how. Cena vs Taker has no backstory for them to fall into, and Cena vs Orton will be formed somehow (unless they go with Orton vs Miz at Mania)

straight_edge76

Reaction score
There are some highly realistic Royal Rumble winners that have already been posted; HHH, Cena, Orton and even some much needed pushes of younger talents; Del Rio, Morrison, Barrett and Sheamus (none of who I think are ready to main event Mania). I also would love for Punk to win the Rumble in a awesome comeback, but I am realistic, I dont see it happening.

I really would love it if Jericho won it, I know that the suprise entrant to win concept has been done to death, but like previously stated, he was starting to get a modest (but growing) face reaction before he left. I feel that having him make a suprise return not necessarily at the Rumble itself but perhaps at TLC or a few weeks before the Rumble to build up his entrance in the match and potential win could do a lot to set up a possible Jericho/Miz or Jericho/Orton encounter at Mania

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
@CMS why does Cena need to win a Royal Rumble (which even in kayfabe makes no sense since Cena's music hitting during the Champion's promo is enough to get him back into the title picture) to face Taker? One, you're assuming another Taker title reign (my God no) and also, you're suggesting a Cena trade to SD in some way (why else would he go for the SD title). Three, I think it would mean way more if an actual story was developed with this match instead of a title match.

And headshake @ suggesting another Cena/Orton WM match especially since both are faces now...

This is the year for the rising superstar. Hell I'm going on a limb to say that Alberto Del Rio will win Royal Rumble AND KotR. You fry an egg off of this guy. I'm not just talking about his crowd heat but he's just hot in every sense of the word. A breeze of fresh air that WWE better take in.

CMS

Reaction score
This isn't the year of the rising star, I doubt WWE will trust one of them to main event Mania.

Secondly, I didn't say Cena needs the win, just that it is likely for it to happen. If Cena vs Taker is to happen, it needs a reason to happen, and considering they have been fine and well for almost 10 years, it makes no sense for Cena to suddenly want to face him or to one's music to interrupt the other.

Oh, and the fact that both Cena and Orton are faces, if anything, makes their match that more likely. Either WWE recreates Hogan vs Warrior or one of them will turn in time for them to recreate the Mega powers.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Hornswaggle, he may be a drunken little bearded munchkin BUT he's a cunning little runt when he has to be...... GO HORNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Airfixx

Reaction score
Pure speculation, but all it would take for Cena to return and face Taker is him cutting a promo saying that Cena left WWE before they could settle some un-attended business... Just have Taker call cena out in a non-sanctioned streak-challenge.

Not amazing, I know, but it's easily acheivable.

(It's the same way, should they have chosen to, that they could have kept Flair active - like he is in TNA - without trashing the retirement stip from WM24.)