So, who's winning the Rumble this year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I could see Triple H winning the Rumble as a suprise entrant and returning during the match. Sheamus would win the wwe championship at elimination chamber and that would set up there match for wrestlemania.

noumenon

Reaction score
HHH showing up and preventing Sheamus from winning the Rumble would be the more likely scenario.

Reaction score
HHH showing up and preventing Sheamus from winning the Rumble would be the more likely scenario.

Maybe but I see a lot of returns occuring in the Rumble. Look how many are injured, Triple H, CM Punk, Undertaker, Christian, Evan Bourne...

noumenon

Reaction score
Evan Bourne and Christian are possibilities, though I don't remember exactly how long they said either would be out for. CM Punk hasn't really gone anywhere, he's simply resting a tweaked hip, his commentary is pure gold so I honestly wouldn't be too shocked to see him doing that for longer than you'd think.
Undertaker's return on the other hand will probably pertain more to Nexus or Kane than a Rumble resurfacing.

Reaction score
Evan Bourne and Christian are possibilities, though I don't remember exactly how long they said either would be out for. CM Punk hasn't really gone anywhere, he's simply resting a tweaked hip, his commentary is pure gold so I honestly wouldn't be too shocked to see him doing that for longer than you'd think.
Undertaker's return on the other hand will probably pertain more to Nexus or Kane than a Rumble resurfacing.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if Christian were to win the Rumble. Now I doubt it would happen but I wouldn't be suprised. Mainly because back in 08 when Cena came back, nothing was reported about his return besides the fact right when he got injured they said he would be out for 8 months. Nothing is being said about Christian except right when he got injured. Stuff has been said lately about Triple H and Undertaker and when they will be healthy however christian has not been mentioned. It seems like they are keeping it on the down low. So who knows maybe a match with Edge for the belt at Wrestlemania. It isn't likely but it could happen. You never know.

noumenon

Reaction score
The fact that you'd even compare Christian to John Cena in the context of returning and winning a Royal Rumble is complete insanity.

Reaction score
The fact that you'd even compare Christian to John Cena in the context of returning and winning a Royal Rumble is complete insanity.

Why is that? It is very true. Have you heard anything about Christian in a while? I haven't so WWE could throw him in there and let him win. Sure it is very unlikely but don't count it out.

noumenon

Reaction score
No, I haven't heard anything about Christian... because he's Christian. He was put on the shelf by Alberto Del Rio, and that's most likely how he'll return... to perhaps if he's lucky take whatever mid card strap Del Rio is holding off him at the time. The fact that you can't see the distinction between someone like Cena returning to win a Royal Rumble and a mid card wrestler like Christian returning to do the same is a little bit scary.

Reaction score
No, I haven't heard anything about Christian... because he's Christian. He was put on the shelf by Alberto Del Rio, and that's most likely how he'll return... to perhaps if he's lucky take whatever mid card strap Del Rio is holding off him at the time. The fact that you can't see the distinction between someone like Cena returning to win a Royal Rumble and a mid card wrestler like Christian returning to do the same is a little bit scary.

I told you I don't think it would happen but it could. christian hasn't won a world title yet and it seemed like Christian vs Edge on Smackdown this year foreshadow a later feud.

...god...

Reaction score
But all signs point to the fact that Vince hates Christian and wouldn't trust that he could get enough over with a huge victory such as the Royal Rumble (because he wasn't when leaving). Always, if a guy is gonna win it on returning he was a main eventer/world champ BEFORE leaving. OR if the guy is gonna win it now, he's really over so it's somewhat predictable. Story of the Royal Rumble, folks.

noumenon

Reaction score
Actually I'd say we're much more likely to see an Edge and Christian reunion than anything else. Edge vs. Christian as of right now would hold no point or reason. At Christian's current level there is no one who would buy him coming out on top of a feud with Edge despite their phenomenal match.
Edge has pretty solidly turned face and if you haven't noticed reverted back to his old E&C sunglasses and much of the same arrogant gimmick he had when they were a tag team.

...god...

Reaction score
He even comes out with the yellow shades and trenchcoat sometimes, so awesome.

Reaction score
They are my favorite tag team of all time. If they returned I would mark out. I would have to buy me some glasses like theres.