Shinsuke is making a comeback?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nakamura can't talk.....cue Jeff Hardy.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Name one great verbal conversation/promo during the AJ Styles/Shinsuke promo.

If not then it wasn’t a great feud, great feuds don’t consist of socially awkward facial expressions and mannerisms, but of great storyline, character and verbal exchange.

I’m not the only one who didn’t enjoy it, millions upon millions who used to watch didn’t enjoy it as they also return to watch it, making the angle an objective failure.

Niche may like it, but they are not to be catered to, they have a taste that goes against the genre, that the mainstream has a taste for.

Oh Bret could draw. He was definitely the hottest act in the European and Canadian shows. He didn't do bad in the States neither. Even as a heel (which i liked him better as) he was drawing. I know you're not saying he could or couldn't, I am just saying, the man did draw. We still talk about stuff he did 20 years ago, and I barely remember what happens on RAW two days later now.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Oh Bret could draw. He was definitely the hottest act in the European and Canadian shows. He didn't do bad in the States neither. Even as a heel (which i liked him better as) he was drawing. I know you're not saying he could or couldn't, I am just saying, the man did draw. We still talk about stuff he did 20 years ago, and I barely remember what happens on RAW two days later now.

Bret Hart drew because he has a character and good mic skill.

he didn’t have the best mic skills, but he was very good and had memorable catchphrases to go along with the characters.

Workrate fanatics attempting to use him to compare to Shinsuke make no sense.

Bret could verbally communicate and had verbal charisma, Shinsuke does not.

Bret had a character, Shinsuke does not.

It actually proves the point that Shinsuke can’t get over.

Brad Boyd

Reaction score
Bret Hart drew because he has a character and good mic skill.

he didn’t have the best mic skills, but he was very good and had memorable catchphrases to go along with the characters.

Workrate fanatics attempting to use him to compare to Shinsuke make no sense.

Bret could verbally communicate and had verbal charisma, Shinsuke does not.

Bret had a character, Shinsuke does not.

It actually proves the point that Shinsuke can’t get over.
Tajiri was more charismatic than Shinsuke. He would draw more than him today if he were in his prime today. Funny you mention Hart cause he was never great at promos. Doesn't matter though because really no one is a draw anymore today. And thats not entirely the talents fault they're limited by wwes system on how much they can really get over but not entirely though. The young bucks wouldn't make it past velocity/heat if they emerged in the attitude era. Now that they are over with a niche audience that makes people convinced that they are charismatic talents.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Damn I just watched a bunch of Shinsuke stuff from 2017-2018 and that man could’ve been everything :(

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No approaching the Jeff Hardy can't talk but was pushed to the moon.

Anyone who acts like foreigners can't draw in North America because of terrible English. ....never heard of Jackie Chan, Jet LI? How about all those major combat sports stars over the years? Anderson Silva? Manny Pacquiao?

The fuck out of here. ....just looks like jingoism here.

Reactions: Brad Boyd

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Anyone who acts like foreigners can't draw in North America because of terrible English. ....never heard of Jackie Chan, Jet LI? How about all those major combat sports stars over the years? Anderson Silva? Manny Pacquiao?

Well at least there’s one thing we agree on.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2

Jet Li and Jackie Chan weren’t proficient in English but had great mic skill/verbal charisma.

A guy like Shinsuke doesn’t have the talents to pull off the performance of a Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, or even in his own native country.

And as far as Manny goes that’s Boxing, which is a sport and is about skill.

Professional Wrestling is about Storyline and Character. Shinsuke doesn’t have the talent to get over in the United States as he has zero storyline, character and verbal charisma, whether his English is good or not.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Jet Li and Jackie Chan weren’t proficient in English but had great mic skill/verbal charisma.

A guy like Shinsuke doesn’t have the talents to pull off the performance of a Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, or even in his own native country.

And as far as Manny goes that’s Boxing, which is a sport and is about skill.

Professional Wrestling is about Storyline and Character. Shinsuke doesn’t have the talent to get over in the United States as he has zero storyline, character and verbal charisma, whether his English is good or not.

Yeah sorry man I think you just really hate Shinsuke

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
:MJ2:

Didn't even have great verbal skills in Cantonese.

I get it....someone had :neckbeards: hype and you feel the need to be contrarian.

I get it.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris