Shinsuke is making a comeback?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I love Shinsuke as much as the next guy but I can admit that after the match with Sami in NXT, he did kind of simmer down. I’m happy to see him in a prominent role again though and looking more motivated imo.

Sami rules too.

Reactions: Deezy and Chris

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
He was pretty over in NXT, and during his first run on the main roster. He was the most over wrestler at the house shows (Columbus and Albany) I went to as well. This was during Jindal Mahal's title run. Which itself, was just crap. Nakamura should have went over him that year.

Something getting over in NXT doesn’t mean it works, it’s a niche and doesn’t represent the wrestling audience, it only draws 600,000 viewers.

Reactions: Deezy

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Something getting over in NXT doesn’t mean it works, it’s a niche and doesn’t represent the wrestling audience, it only draws 600,000 viewers.

Considering that RAW has been breaking between 1.4 and 1.8, I would say that represents just under half of the audience that is left, bro.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Considering that they are on the same network with the same prime time slot....it says a lot about what NXTs actual impact on the business actually was when it was on the streaming platform.

And Smacdowns audience beg to differ....you know the actual good show.

Last edited:

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I have always liked Shinsuke since his time in New Japan, he came into the company with fire. One of the biggest mistakes was having lose to Jinder Mahal like a chump back to back with that racist storyline. That kind of damaged him as a face. I did marked out big when hew on the 2018 Royal Rumble. How I wish he won the WWE Title at WM 34 from Styles. Now that he is back as a face after a stale heel run in 2019-2020, I marked out in that Gauntlet. Glad that I got face Naka back and just happy for him in general.

Reactions: Swamps

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I have always liked Shinsuke since his time in New Japan, he came into the company with fire. One of the biggest mistakes was having lose to Jinder Mahal like a chump back to back with that racist storyline. That kind of damaged him as a face. I did marked out big when hew on the 2018 Royal Rumble. How I wish he won the WWE Title at WM 34 from Styles. Now that he is back as a face after a stale heel run in 2019-2020, I marked out in that Gauntlet. Glad that I got face Naka back and just happy for him in general.

Shinsuke doesn’t draw as he cannot verbally communicate, therefore cannot execute storyline, characters and promos.

Awkward anime mannerisms and facial expressions that fanatics like won’t cut it.

Last edited:

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Shinsuke doesn’t draw as he cannot verbally communicate, thus cannot properly execute storyline, characters and promos.

Awkward anime mannerisms and facial expressions that fanatics like won’t cut it.
I don't care if Shinsuke doesn't draw. I don't watch wrestling for who draws and who doesn't. I watch wrestlers who I enjoy watching and who I find entertaining me. Jinder vs Naka storyline was bad, wasn't Naka's fault at all. Styles vs Naka storyline was entertaining as hell once he turned heel on Styles. His feud with Joe in 2016 was awesome. Just because you don't enjoy him doesn't mean anyone else feels the same.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Shinsuke doesn’t draw as he cannot verbally communicate, therefore cannot execute storyline, characters and promos.

I just completely disagree with this. His in ring skills and charisma more than make up for his lack of verbal communication. And like Buffy said, Idc if Shin can draw or not as long as I'm entertained by him. People said Bret couldn't draw. Is he shit too?

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I don't care if Shinsuke doesn't draw. I don't watch wrestling for who draws and who doesn't. I watch wrestlers who I enjoy watching and who I find entertaining me. Jinder vs Naka storyline was bad, wasn't Naka's fault at all. Styles vs Naka storyline was entertaining as hell once he turned heel on Styles. His feud with Joe in 2016 was awesome. Just because you don't enjoy him doesn't mean anyone else feels the same.

Name one great verbal conversation/promo during the AJ Styles/Shinsuke promo.

If not then it wasn’t a great feud, great feuds don’t consist of socially awkward facial expressions and mannerisms, but of great storyline, character and verbal exchange.

I’m not the only one who didn’t enjoy it, millions upon millions who used to watch didn’t enjoy it as they also return to watch it, making the angle an objective failure.

Niche may like it, but they are not to be catered to, they have a taste that goes against the genre, that the mainstream has a taste for.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I just completely disagree with this. His in ring skills and charisma more than make up for his lack of verbal communication. And like Buffy said, Idc if Shin can draw or not as long as I'm entertained by him. People said Bret couldn't draw. Is he shit too?

Some would say he's shit exactly for this reason. :draper2

I don't agree with it one bit, btw. I unabashedly love Curtis Axel and he's nowhere close to a draw tbh.

Reactions: RLStern

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Name one great verbal conversation/promo during the AJ Styles/Shinsuke promo.

If not then it wasn’t a great feud, great feuds don’t consist of socially awkward facial expressions and mannerisms, but of great storyline, character and verbal exchange.

I’m not the only one who didn’t enjoy it, millions upon millions who used to watch didn’t enjoy it as they also return to watch it, making the angle an objective failure.

Niche may like it, but they are not to be catered to, they have a taste that goes against the genre, that the mainstream has a taste for.

Lmao that’s a matter of opinion. There’s more ways to communicate then by cutting promos. Shinsuke playing off not speaking English well was fucking hilarious to me.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2

Bret though overrated could talk good and had memorable catchphrases, he wasn’t the best but he had verbal charisma and character.

In wrestling Verbal Charisma is what matters, smarks tried to deflect with the definition of charisma in effort to put untalented guys in with the mic workers, so from now on I will be clear, you need verbal charisma.

Shinsuke has neither, appeals to a niche.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Bret though overrated could talk good and had memorable catchphrases, he wasn’t the best but he had verbal charisma and character.

In wrestling Verbal Charisma is what matters, smarks tried to deflect with the definition of charisma in effort to put untalented guys in with the mic workers, so from now on I will be clear, you need verbal charisma.

Shinsuke has neither, appeals to a niche.

I consider this promo to be verbal charisma.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I consider this promo to be verbal charisma.

This is a common promo smarks run to, it actually shows he lacks verbal charisma and is hiding that fact via a script that has him avoid talking.

It actually proves the point, he cannot talk.

Therefore shouldn’t get pushed beyond midcard, upper midcard and beyond are reserved for this who can verbally communicate with the audience.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I’m glad they changed his music back, the heel version was absolutely awful.

He deserves better,happy it’s going in that direction. He got wasted for long enough.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze