Seth Rollins is the wrong choice.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
I make a point about storytelling and you disagree. So instead of talking about a superior story to tell you go back to talking about marketing

I'm not talking about business. I'm talking about the story of the fued. Braun vs Brock is a proven shitty match up and fued. Explain to me why it's a better story.
It's feud. Not "fued".

The best story is the one that has the potential to make the most money. Simple. Brock vs Braun is a feud that features two monsters beating the crap out of one another. It does more for me than Brock vs Rollins.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's feud. Not "fued".

The best story is the one that has the potential to make the most money. Simple. Brock vs Braun is a feud that features two monsters beating the crap out of one another. It does more for me than Brock vs Rollins.
Absolute cop out answer that is. Braun vs Brock have fought each other a bazillion times. Really shit quality matches. Rollins vs Brock will be a better quality then this monster v monster clash that we've seen before and hasn't lived up to expectations

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Absolute cop out answer that is. Braun vs Brock have fought each other a bazillion times. Really shit quality matches. Rollins vs Brock will be a better quality then this monster v monster clash that we've seen before and hasn't lived up to expectations
Their matches were fine. They had unfinished business as well. Braun beating Brock clean at Wrestlemania would have been great.

What's so special about Brock vs Rollins?

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
That is only 2 of your posts, you did it to all of my previous posts... The reason I didn't give a response is because I have already said everything I had to say about this topic. By the way, the disagree system doesn't do anything anymore, you will not get any negative points on your profile. I used to get very upset too with people clicking disagree on my posts, but it doesn't bother me anymore. I just think you overreacted and abused it a little bit, that's all... Can we just move on from this now?
Well I only gave 2 responses so to me it was like you was coming for any and all responses...so yeah, that's why I reciprocated with the same acknowledgement. Honestly, I have no personal issue with you [Brockamura, welcome back?]. I just felt it was kinda awkward that EVEN AFTER you said all your peace days ago, you still decided to come at my posts which were new.

Anyways, I'm going to leave it alone at that and maybe we can DISCUSS opinions in future discussions.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Their matches were fine. They had unfinished business as well. Braun beating Brock clean at Wrestlemania would have been great.

What's so special about Brock vs Rollins?
The matches were shit. Also why the fuck do you want 'fine' matches as your main event of Wrestlemania. I fail to see how seeing Brock v Braun again is an intriguing prospect

Brock vs Rollins has two world class wrestlers who are motivated to put on a show. Storyline is the best the Raw mens division has. The storyline alone makes it. I like my wrestling to have meaning and story lines and actual phycology instead of what we've seen from Brock vs Braun in the past. Story over bulk.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
The matches were shit. Also why the fuck do you want 'fine' matches as your main event of Wrestlemania. I fail to see how seeing Brock v Braun again is an intriguing prospect

Brock vs Rollins has two world class wrestlers who are motivated to put on a show. Storyline is the best the Raw mens division has. The storyline alone makes it. I like my wrestling to have meaning and story lines and actual phycology instead of what we've seen from Brock vs Braun in the past. Story over bulk.
What is "phycology"?

I fail to see how Brock vs Rollins has a great story to it. Brock vs Braun's matches are much more realistic and hard-hitting. I can't take Rollins seriously against Brock.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
What is "phycology"?

I fail to see how Brock vs Rollins has a great story to it. Brock vs Braun's matches are much more realistic and hard-hitting. I can't take Rollins seriously against Brock.
If you want realistic fighting then don't watch wwe. Just the thought of an Irish whip should of deterred you by now if you are looking for realism.

I've said why Rollins vs Brock is a good story. Even made a thread about it. You can agree or disagree. I know I'm not going to get any interesting insight from you regardless. Would like to tho

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
If you want realistic fighting then don't watch wwe. Just the thought of an Irish whip should of deterred you by now if you are looking for realism.

I've said why Rollins vs Brock is a good story. Even made a thread about it. You can agree or disagree. I know I'm not going to get any interesting insight from you regardless. Would like to tho
I have said why Rollins vs Brock does nothing for me.

I can suspend my disbelief. You have to with wrestling. But Rollins doesn't make me believe. He doesn't carry himself like a star or a bad ass. He comes across as a mid-carder.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
No..

You are a moron who either deflects or goes quiet when you are called out on your shitty arguments.

His arguments might be shitty, but at least he has arguments. Other than starting this thread, you have contributed nothing to it except acting like a baby who calls people names and dismissing everything simply because you don't like it.

The narcissistic way you seem to think that your opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong shows that you have an awful lot to learn and you have a very long way to go to reach a level of maturity most people attained around puberty.

The sad thing is that I actually agree with your premise about Rollins being the wrong choice to win the rumble and go up against Lesnar at Mania. But your way of arguing like a child makes me regret that agreement.

Furthermore, stop correcting people's typos as part of your posting. It's obnoxious.

Reactions: Rosie

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
200.gif

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
His arguments might be shitty, but at least he has arguments. Other than starting this thread, you have contributed nothing to it except acting like a baby who calls people names and dismissing everything simply because you don't like it.

The narcissistic way you seem to think that your opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong shows that you have an awful lot to turn and you have a very long way to go to reach a level of maturity most people attained around puberty.

I'll leave the psychoanalysis to you from now on, I'm only a Psych minor, out of my expertise.

But look, dude. I'll say it like this, most threads about a current WWE event go on for a few days, maybe a week, two if it develops over time or the memes last on it, but it has been nearly three weeks of this guy trying to defend his few points again and again and everyone just saying they disagree, then he insults us, and he insults wrestling fans he deems "smarky," then it comes back and I have ran out of popcorn! It's the point where this thread an argument beating the same points over and over, again and again, people attacking people verbally, and any quality that could have come from discussing whether or not you think Rollins is the use of straw man arguments, appeals to ignorance, hasty generalizations, and red herrings. It hurts looking at it!

Tip: If you want to have a thread not turn into childish squabbling, or lower the risk here is how you do it!

First: Don't insult the people in the thread or a "subset of fans" who are likely to be on the site reading your post. That alone adds fuel to the fire.

Second: Make the first post... inviting. Sure, you can state an opinion, but don't jump right into it or make it seem like fact when it is not. Also, invite people to offer their opinions and why.

Perhaps say something like.

Example:

"As of this week on Raw, it appears to be set with Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title at Wrestlemania after Seth won the Royal Rumble and it may be likely that he will be the one that vanquishes Lesnar for the title and be "The Guy." But is he the right choice? I don't really buy him as the guy to beat Lesnar or really think he has the ability to be the guy long term. I don't find he has enough charisma to carry the company as a draw as say, John Cena, or The Rock, and I don't enjoy his promos. Sure, people enjoy him in the ring, but I think there is more to being the guy in the main event than just good matches. It is why I didn't like Daniel Bryan in his big push a few years ago, I just need someone larger than life.

That's just one person's thoughts, but do you guys think they're making the right choice with him? Is he really the guy the company should go all in on as their big star? Is there someone else you think that may be better, old or new? Personally, I'd love Drew McIntyre to be the guy to beat him, I think he has it all. He has a size, the look, an intensity about him, and I think he's the complete package, just turn him face and keep him as a badass and they're set!"

See? Isn't that post far more put together, clearly outlines the thread, and shows everyone you can take debate and different ideas!

Third: If people disagree, sure, you can debate, feed into the conversation. Keep it at the topic at hand, rightfully distinguish what is truly a fact, and someone's opinion. Don't misrepresent their arguments, and focus on the argument itself, not them as a person. But, if you see it is getting nowhere, rather than trying to win, by changing their mind when it seems to be set and try to say that you hold the "definitive truth," recognize that it is going nowhere and walk away respectfully and end the debate.

This concludes another episode of Beavie ramming their head into a wall when they probably shouldn't! Tune in next time when I make a terrible mistake to return to the world of e-feds for the 100th time! This episode has been sponsored by someone who I think is one of WWE's best options at the moment to be "The Guy," Seth Rollins

200.gif

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Tip: If you want to have a thread not turn into childish squabbling, or lower the risk here is how you do it!

By looking over his threads and every one of his posts, I am positive that it was his intent for it to break down into childish squabbling. I personally wasn't aware of this thread at all until tonight, which is the only reason I have not closed it.

To me it seems like a troll thread. I'll give it a chance to prove me wrong, but if it continues as it has gone, I will have no problem locking it up.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Flaming / Excessive Language

The narcissistic way you seem to think that your opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong shows that you have an awful lot to learn and you have a very long way to go to reach a level of maturity most people attained around puberty.

The sad thing is that I actually agree with your premise about Rollins being the wrong choice to win the rumble and go up against Lesnar at Mania. But your way of arguing like a child makes me regret that agreement.

Furthermore, stop correcting people's typos as part of your posting. It's obnoxious.
Are you seriously Blue? I underlined quite clearly why I think Rollins is not the right choice.

Again.

- He has little physical presence or aura. He doesn't make me believe.

- He is terrible on the mic and has an annoying voice.

- He has little potential to draw back the casual audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.