Seth Rollins injured

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Kinda off topic, but the WWE house show schedule is incredibly freaking stupid. What do they do, 5 shows a week including Raw and SD?
Cut the number of damn house shows. Then, maybe you wouldn't have a roster full of 10+ injured people and the rest of a crew going through the motions and drawing 3.3 ratings.

Reactions: Rogue

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Kinda off topic, but the WWE house show schedule is incredibly freaking stupid. What do they do, 5 shows a week including Raw and SD?
Cut the number of damn house shows. Then, maybe you wouldn't have a roster full of 10+ injured people and the rest of a crew going through the motions and drawing 3.3 ratings.

Although I agree, but the house shows make the company more money. Its very expensive to run a live televised program every week.

Ive been to 1 house show ever all the way back in 2000 and it was just a bunch of jobber, no main events. Too Cool vs Test and Albert was the main event for fuck sake lol

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Aww, this freaking sucks. Get well soon, Rollins. Now I hope that Lesnar wins the title...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Although Roman Reigns might end up with the belt, I don't think it will be an obvious Reigns ends up with the belt, fan favorite, next Cena, blah blah blah. Obviously with Rollins out, the Authority will need to have someone fill in Rollins's spot as their centerpiece.

This could be the time to turn Reigns if they want to, which would give him the chance to develop a heel character which might better translate into a face character later in his career (similar to what happened with Rocky Maivia turning heel and developing the Rock character which eventually became his face character) and would bring the Rollins and Authority growing conflict to the proper head when Rollins returns.

For example, the Authority could get behind Reigns and on the Raw after Survivor Series they can talk about how they picked the wrong Shield member to get behind and they should have gone with Reigns. They can belittle Rollins for getting injured, which sets up his return as a face to finally face Reigns for the belt. It could be a nice turnaround.

I think this can offer quite a bit of possibility if they don't screw it up.

The SS tournament would be a good time to make a new star, obviously. But will they? I wish I could be optimistic about that one.

I agree with you on all accounts.

Reigns turning heel would be as awesome as Ambrose turning heel, in my book. At this point, I think it's pretty much a universal thought that Reigns will win it and that's okay with me.

Now, what if they swerve us, but in a really good way? Could you imagine Cesaro, whom everyone would assume either a first round drop out or not taking part in it at all, WINNING the whole thing? 'I NEED TO GRAB THE BRASS RING, EH? I JUST FUCKING DID!!!'

But, knowing how lame WWE can be, their version of SWERVE will probably include Sheamus who lost earlier in the tourney, cashing in at the end of the night and beating Reigns. BECAUSE WHY NOT. I hope I'm very wrong about this, but given their booking patterns, it wouldn't surprise me if Sheamus ended up walking out the new WWE-WHC. *puke*

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Although I agree, but the house shows make the company more money. Its very expensive to run a live televised program every week.

Ive been to 1 house show ever all the way back in 2000 and it was just a bunch of jobber, no main events. Too Cool vs Test and Albert was the main event for fuck sake lol
The house shows barely break even.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The house shows barely break even.
I've read its the other way around actually. Raw barely breaks even because of the mass scale production and being televised live while the house shows are the main source of income for the superstars. I don't see why they would continue to do house shows if they weren't profiting from them.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I've read its the other way around actually. Raw barely breaks even because of the mass scale production and being televised live while the house shows are the main source of income for the superstars. I don't see why they would continue to do house shows if they weren't profiting from them.
The only American company that makes money from live events that run on a major scale is ROH. WWE barely breaks even off of their house shows and haven't done serious profit from them in at least 5 years. The only reason they run them is to give talent dates to work, experience and as marketing. As well as allowing talent to prep for PPVs/RAW byt doing live shows. The international tours make money but that is because it is a special occassion when WWE comes to Europe or Japan.

As for Talent making income off of this. They do, but unless you are a main eventer you have to pay for your own travel, food, accomodation and other expenses on the road. So the income they make off of the house shows gets eaten up rather fast. Especially if you are a lower card guy who doesn't get that big a slice of the pie.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The only American company that makes money from live events that run on a major scale is ROH. WWE barely breaks even off of their house shows and haven't done serious profit from them in at least 5 years. The only reason they run them is to give talent dates to work, experience and as marketing. As well as allowing talent to prep for PPVs/RAW byt doing live shows. The international tours make money but that is because it is a special occassion when WWE comes to Europe or Japan.

As for Talent making income off of this. They do, but unless you are a main eventer you have to pay for your own travel, food, accomodation and other expenses on the road. So the income they make off of the house shows gets eaten up rather fast. Especially if you are a lower card guy who doesn't get that big a slice of the pie.

WWE probably makes more money off their worst house show then ROH makes off their most successful. And the point of making profit off those shows is so you can pay all the superstars, who are all making anywhere from 100k- a million or more a year. Obviously Vince isn't making a million bucks every house show his company puts on, but he still has to put them on so the entire company can make money from them so the superstars can earn their salary.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It sucks that he's injured. But this could also be very good. If he returns by mania, then he could come back in a big way and make a face turn.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Random thing I saw on Twitter:

CTGcrxjWEAA3WNX.png

:facepalm1: