Samuray Del Sol Signs with WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Re: New WWE Signing

It does help that this guy isn't going to have to adjust as much as Sin Cara since he has been wrestling in America, he'll just have to get WWE's style down.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Mil Mascaras, Rey Mysterio, & Alberto Del Rio were successful, even Psicosis, Super Crazy & Juvi got over. Then there is this dead legend everyone keeps talking about, Eddie Guererro.:party2:

Mil Mascaras didn'tplay in New York during Bruno's time and aside from a Rumble appearance didn't do much in the fed. Super Crazy was the only over guy in Mexicools as Juvi was fired in a month for being Juvi. Psicosis was just there. Rey and Eddie had years of experience outside of luchadores shit to work in the big time. Terrible example, lets not forget WWF tried bringing in luchadores in 97 and their audience shat all over the matches.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee

All I know is that mask is fly as fuck and he'd better keep it, he looks like he's from Mortal Kombat. Not so sure on the trunks, maybe switch to long tights but keep the sash.

Whatever, that's my input.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

As I said, the Mexicools got over, they were not overly successful, but they were over with the fans getting some of the better crowd reactions at the time.

I have seen Mil live more times than any other Lucha, and that's because of the WWF touring. The guy always got a solid response from the fans, unlike 80's Blue Blazer.

And as much as they may have had to work with, when it boils down to it, Rey & Eddie are lucha. Like any great worker, they incorporated styles from all over the world, but at the core of each of their in ring work was the lucha style. Nobody can deny that these 2 Luchas got over big time.

Then there's ADR(which I notice you didn't even attempt to argue), who found a niche rather quickly, and his quirky ring announcer also helped him transition a successful face turn, which if you ask me is the hardest of turns, just ask Miz.

The big problem with the WWE's attempt to bring in the luchas, was the fact all they could get was second tier talent. If they could have brought in some recognizable names, with some actual ability, I don't think it would have been received as badly as it was. There is also the issue of the average WWE fan at the time wanting steroid fueled big men.

Reaction score

WWE doesn't do well with marketing luchadores so I'm not expecting much. Name me one luchadore WWE was able to market well

Don't say Rey as he was a star before WWE

Reaction score

I'm liking this guy's style, I'm hoping he will do well in the WWE. He's pretty built for a guy Mysterio's size, n his agilty is great, his matches in the WWE should be intense, wonder who he'd face first.?

Reactions: 1 person

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Well the good thing about this guy is that at least he's been wrestling in the US for a while. I know he's worked the West Coast at least. Just from my prior knowledge of him I can say he is definitely the type of guy you can get the common WWE fan to buy into based simply on his look. He's no Jericho in the ring, but that will come with time. I'm kind of eager to see him debut, but I always am when I hear about signing.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

He's got such a badass look. If he is given the mic I seriously hope he has a dark and raspy voice, something you'd hear out of Mortal Kombat. He's got a good look, he's pretty damn good in the ring from what I have seen, good pick up by WWE on this one.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Haha imagine if he has a voice like Lashley, beast of a look but then softly spoken on promos. Could be the new version of "Hard Hitting, Soft Spoken". On a side note who ever thought it was a good idea to put that tagline in Lashley's titantron.