Sammy Guevara Suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree for legit injuries refs should stop the match and leave nothing to chance.

The reason that rarely happens anywhere is to placate one of my biggest pet peeves in wrestling, the worked shoot injury. We have to throw up the X and pause the match for fake injuries all the time to fool the smart fans who figured out the X meant a real injury. And for some reason the match isn't ever stopped in these cases, the action is just paused until the injury is revealed to be a ruse. I hate these spots so much and I do think they do actual harm to a real injury protocol for a very small and cheap swerve

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sammy made a mistake and he’s going to take his punishment for it. No excuses.

Removing Sammy from the concept of the concussion protocol in general. If someone has a concussion in the ring I personally think just putting up the X and stopping the match. Makes more sense than worrying about somebody doing a roll up to finish a match.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I also think there’s some confusion on the term go home. Outside of this very clear match where Jeff Hardy was clearly concussed and Sammy should’ve just did the pin. Generally speaking when you are told to go home that actually does usually mean to hit your finish and pin the opponent.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I also think there’s some confusion on the term go home. Outside of this very clear match where Jeff Hardy was clearly concussed and Sammy should’ve just did the pin. Generally speaking when you are told to go home that actually does usually mean to hit your finish and pin the opponent.

Jeff actually wasn't concussed just to clarify, he broke his nose. The issue was he was deemed as potentially concussed from the spot before the GTH but he's thankfully fine regardless of either spot as far as I've heard (other than his nose)

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If Jeff was actually on TV, he could pitch Undashing Jeff Hardy

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I agree for legit injuries refs should stop the match and leave nothing to chance.

The reason that rarely happens anywhere is to placate one of my biggest pet peeves in wrestling, the worked shoot injury. We have to throw up the X and pause the match for fake injuries all the time to fool the smart fans who figured out the X meant a real injury. And for some reason the match isn't ever stopped in these cases, the action is just paused until the injury is revealed to be a ruse. I hate these spots so much and I do think they do actual harm to a real injury protocol for a very small and cheap swerve
very fair point here

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think the suspension is good and he did make a mistake. I don't think anymore needs to be done beyond that for now, but yeah, sammy needed a reality check because even if it was a mistake, he has made too many bad judgement calls and irresponsible spots in the past and he 100% needs to sit and think about that shit . safety of your opponent should always be #1 , thats always been the golden rule

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Didnt he cause Matt to get a concussion in the early stages of AEW as well? He's out to injure both Hardys lol.
LONG TERM STORYTELLING

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Yeah if Sammy was told to "go to the finish" and the finish was the GTH, then it's just miscommunication

But idk exactly what was said

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think this situation will wind up being a good learning experiences for AEW on where there were some bottlenecks in the protocol and they’ll will tighten those up and in the meantime, Sammy will take his suspension like a man and hopefully evaluate on some things.

Jeff apparently only broke his nose so I don’t think anything further needs to be done.

Reactions: writtenin1981

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think if they looked at this as a specific case and found Sammy was the one at fault and only punished him, it's 100% fine too, in other cases maybe the ref is punished as well. We obviously don't know the depth of their "investigation" or whatever you want to call it, but in general I would say these have to be looked at on each individual case, and I don't think Sammy would be picked on by AEW management, if anything they've been accused of protecting him too much in the past.

And if there's miscommunications those need to be addressed too, there should be some short form code or something for concussion protocol if not already so everyone involved knows the situation immediately if you aren't just going to instantly stop the match (which I think they've only done from actual KOs like Hangman)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh one thing I feel is being lost in the miscommunication possibility aspect is that....let's also just examine common sense here lol you just landed on someone's face with your knee full force, the ref pauses action, checks on him, tells you (probably frantically) to go home....man I give some benefit of the doubt of this all happening so fast truly but you don't SMACK THE MAN IN THE FACE WITH YOUR KNEE AGAIN :lol I don't really care what take it home might normally mean when looking at the facts here, but I have no bad feelings towards Sammy either, he just fucked up here and everyone is lucky it wasn't worse. Better to learn this way than the alternative

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh one thing I feel is being lost in the miscommunication possibility aspect is that....let's also just examine common sense here lol you just landed on someone's face with your knee full force, the ref pauses action, checks on him, tells you (probably frantically) to go home....man I give some benefit of the doubt of this all happening so fast truly but you don't SMACK THE MAN IN THE FACE WITH YOUR KNEE AGAIN :lol I don't really care what take it home might normally mean when looking at the facts here, but I have no bad feelings towards Sammy either, he just fucked up here and everyone is lucky it wasn't worse. Better to learn this way than the alternative
I just think Sammy was an idiot. He heard to take it home and so he communicated with Jeff to hit the finish (which Jeff technically tried to a spot of his own before being reversed into the gth) and he didn’t think twice about it. Which is why I totally support his suspension but I do think he just misunderstood.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I do think when you’re a professional wrestler and trusted with the safety of your performers, you need to learn to be able to think outside of auto pilot, and Sammy failed to do that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I just think Sammy was an idiot. He heard to take it home and so he communicated with Jeff to hit the finish (which Jeff technically tried to a spot of his own before being reversed into the gth) and he didn’t think twice about it. Which is why I totally support his suspension but I do think he just misunderstood.

Yeah I agree. Wrestlers also tend to be idiots a lot so I don't think it's bad to try and further idiot proof your system to prevent it either. Can't rate the Jeff point tho bc if he was actually concussed, well they try and keep working all the time, it's on the non-concussed to be the smart ones lol