Ryder vents on Twitter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's a decent worker when given time and got a reaction on the mic, that makes him good enough imo still us having to speculate whether he could do it is proof that he was horribly misused.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
There you have it then, back to my original point. He doesn't have what it takes to have a long successful run, at least not until he can come up with some fresh ideas. Sure he got himself over, but what did he do after that. Same old routine.

But most mid carders are always gonna remain just that. There's very limited room for main eventers, doesn't mean you should just bury or forget about a guy just because he'll likely never be a top guy, especially when he is still more over than the majority of your roster (and he was.) In what way was he supposed to change up? They only pushed him for a couple of months before forgetting about him during the Kane/Eve/Cena soap opera.

That's about all I want to argue about it though, since I feel funny defending a guy I'm not even a fan of anyway.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
seabs said:
He's a decent worker when given time and got a reaction on the mic, that makes him good enough imo still us having to speculate whether he could do it is proof that he was horribly misused.

You don't think his run with the title was enough of a shot? How long did he have it? I can't recall.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
You don't think his run with the title was enough of a shot? How long did he have it? I can't recall.

He had it for about 3 weeks, maybe little over a month with hardly any TV time. That is not giving someone a chance.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Ryder vents on Twitter

Senhor Perfect said:

Around a month, he won it at TLC was rarely featured before being pushed off a stage by Kane.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
But most mid carders are always gonna remain just that. There's very limited room for main eventers, doesn't mean you should just bury or forget about a guy just because he'll likely never be a top guy, especially when he is still more over than the majority of your roster (and he was.) In what way was he supposed to change up? They only pushed him for a couple of months before forgetting about him during the Kane/Eve/Cena soap opera.

That's about all I want to argue about it though, since I feel funny defending a guy I'm not even a fan of anyway.

Fair enough, but one last point. If he was good enough for Vince to see dollar signs in him, he would've been pushed harder. Vince wasn't a huge fan of Hogan, but when WM18 happened, he had no choice but to give Hogan the spotlight for business sake.

seabs said:
Around a month, he won it at TLC was rarely featured before being pushed off a stage by Kane.

Ok, thought it was a bit longer.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Fair enough, but one last point. If he was good enough for Vince to see dollar signs in him, he would've been pushed harder. Vince wasn't a huge fan of Hogan, but when WM18 happened, he had no choice but to give Hogan the spotlight for business sake.

I said I was done, but that's before I read this post.

He probably wasn't pushed harder because they knew he still wasn't gonna be a top guy. Which is a point I made earlier with how guys are punished for getting themselves over, unless you get yourself over huge like the way Austin did (he invented his entire gimmick and persona, even the Austin 3:16 shirt.) And the biggest star of all time (Hogan) is a whole different scenario than Ryder. But again, Ryder was more over than most guys and so I think he's justified in having some noticeable disdain for WWE's mishandling of him.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
I said I was done, but that's before I read this post.

He probably wasn't pushed harder because they knew he still wasn't gonna be a top guy. Which is a point I made earlier with how guys are punished for getting themselves over, unless you get yourself over huge like the way Austin did (he invented his entire gimmick and persona, even the Austin 3:16 shirt.) And the biggest star of all time (Hogan) is a whole different scenario than Ryder. But again, Ryder was more over than most guys and so I think he's justified in having some noticeable disdain for WWE's mishandling of him.

Whining won't fix it though. He has to put work in. Every time I see him on TV he doesn't make me want to watch him. That is all.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
Cena didn't destroy Kane or Zack.....

Kane lost one match to him and he was facing the Rock The next month, you expect him to job before that? If anyone is to blame for Zacks fail its Kane, he battered him week after week due to idiotic booking.

That whole storyline was awful imo, Kane only returned recently with his mask, and instead of pushing him they fed him to Cena?

If they want Cena to look strong before facing The Rock why didn't they put him in a feud with Show?

I know its booooooooring as hell to see a feud between Show and Cena , but we got it after WM anyway right?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Ryder vents on Twitter

BaraaKhalaf92 said:
Like his feud with Cody meant something :dawg:

It meant Cody going backwards lol, but still that's the reason he couldn't feud with Cena.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
It meant Cody going backwards lol, but still that's the reason he couldn't feud with Cena.

LOL The whole purpose of the Show/Cody feud was to give show his WM moment after more than a decade of embarrassment for him :facepalm:

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Hahahahaha just followed WWEforums on twitter and saw This :lol1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 8

Mizfit

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
What's with the hate...? This is what we want. There are far too many in the back content with sitting backstage, picking up their pay check and never actually wrestling. Zack has worked really hard through social media to get himself over, and at one point he was one of the most over wrestlers in the company with no booking or promotion from WWE at all. He's right, WWE did drop the ball with Zach.

agreed.