Ryder vents on Twitter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Otunga has more of the Vince look, and Khali is a freak of nature. That's why a guy like Ryder has to work that much harder. Relying on one catch phrase and same move set for over a year doesn't cut it. Especially in the mid card. Guys like Hart, Michaels, The Rock, etc. all switched things up and innovated while they were working their way up. Resting on your laurels doesn't get you anywhere.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Cena destroying Kane and Zack in the beginning of 2012 was just :facepalm:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Ryder vents on Twitter

BaraaKhalaf92 said:
Cena destroying Kane and Zack in the beginning of 2012 was just :facepalm:

Cena didn't destroy Kane or Zack.....

Kane lost one match to him and he was facing the Rock The next month, you expect him to job before that? If anyone is to blame for Zacks fail its Kane, he battered him week after week due to idiotic booking.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Otunga has more of the Vince look, and Khali is a freak of nature. That's why a guy like Ryder has to work that much harder. Relying on one catch phrase and same move set for over a year doesn't cut it. Especially in the mid card. Guys like Hart, Michaels, The Rock, etc. all switched things up and innovated while they were working their way up. Resting on your laurels doesn't get you anywhere.

Ryder's not (much) smaller than most of the guys in the midcard today - Rhodes, Sandow, Kofi, Barrett, Mysterio, Cara, Ziggler, etc. He at least got a reaction, unlike Otunga. WWE just doesn't like people getting over on their own. Unless the gimmick they come up with draws them industry changing money, like Austin, of course. Then they don't mind.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
Ryder's not (much) smaller than most of the guys in the midcard today - Rhodes, Sandow, Kofi, Barrett, Mysterio, Cara, Ziggler, etc. He at least got a reaction, unlike Otunga. WWE just doesn't like people getting over on their own. Unless the gimmick they come up with draws them industry changing money, like Austin, of course. Then they don't mind.

He may have been over, but do you really think anyone bought a ticket, or tuned in to RAW because they couldn't miss Ryder? He was a flash in the pan. Guys like Sandow and Rhodes have better ring and mic skills that can carry them.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Ryder vents on Twitter

Senhor Perfect said:
He may have been over, but do you really think anyone bought a ticket, or tuned in to RAW because they couldn't miss Ryder? He was a flash in the pan. Guys like Sandow and Rhodes have better ring and mic skills that can carry them.

He sold a lot of merch I think.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
lol @ Ryder hate. Whether you like his on screen character or not you should respect the man for actually trying alternative ways to get over when he wasn't on WWE TV. The Ryder Revolution was pretty big time and when ZTLIS was at it's peak when it was just Ryder's brain child it was brilliant. Not only did WWE not capitalize on Zack's self made momentum, but they crushed his momentum by involving him in the worst feud & angle of the year with Kane & Cena.

So yea, he should be frustrated by WWE's lack of competence.

The feud with Ziggler was good. Ziggler had a nice US Title run and passed the torch to Ryder in a good feud and in a good match. Then WWE randomly decides to give the belt to Swagger, and then remove both Swagger and the belt from TV while moving Ryder in as the third (maybe even 4th) wheel in the Eve/Cena/Kane bullshit.

So instead of having an over as f*ck fresh babyface US Champ we get that abortion of an angle, Ryder buried and the US belt buried first by Swagger being declared champ and then being booked off of TV inexplicably to Santino being the fucking champ. Thanks WWE

My love for you has been restored. :obama:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:

Do most midcarders sell tickets, tbh? Ryder sold merchandise and was pretty over, so it was dumb either way to me for them to waste him away (and I'm not even a fan.) They chanted his name during Ziggler's match at Survivor Series and popped big when he won the US belt at TLC. That was a bigger reaction that most other guys in the midcard were getting (or are still getting.) Hell, Ryback isn't even as over and they're trying to push him as the next main eventer.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
Do most midcarders sell tickets, tbh? Ryder sold merchandise and was pretty over, so it was dumb either way to me for them to waste him away (and I'm not even a fan.) They chanted his name during Ziggler's match at Survivor Series and popped big when he won the US belt at TLC. That was a bigger reaction that most other guys in the midcard were getting (or are still getting.) Hell, Ryback isn't even as over and they're trying to push him as the next main eventer.

They sure do! I could list a ton, but I'll choose two. NOD Rocky was a mid carder, tons of people bought tickets to see him. Mysterio was a mid carder most of his career, people paid to come see him.

There used to be Headbangers t-shirts everywhere, it was terrible.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
They sure do! I could list a ton, but I'll choose two. NOD Rocky was a mid carder, tons of people bought tickets to see him. Mysterio was a mid carder most of his career, people paid to come see him.

There used to be Headbangers t-shirts everywhere, it was terrible.

Rock didn't start selling tickets until he was a main eventer.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Rock didn't start selling tickets until he was a main eventer.

I disagree, unfortunately there's no concrete way either of us can prove our points.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
I did say most midcarders for a reason...

There you have it then, back to my original point. He doesn't have what it takes to have a long successful run, at least not until he can come up with some fresh ideas. Sure he got himself over, but what did he do after that. Same old routine.