ROMANVM HISTORIVM: A Roman History Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Showtime

Reaction score
It read as a bizarre post to me. So, the questioning of your alignment was more along the lines of "Odo wouldn't seriously post this as scum and think it gave him cover, right?" But then I also struggled to suss out why you'd make that post as town either.

It was just very blatant, unsubtle, and something that didn't need to be said that way unless you were trying to steer protection — but again, in a way that was just extremely unsubtle and blatant. If it was meant as a town reminder, it's just weird to me that you'd spell it out so completely like we're playing Kindergarten Mafia or you're giving helpful hints and tips during a video game loading screen.

I dunno. That's all probably just word salad to y'all, but it just seemed uncharacteristic of you and a little inauthentic in general.

You remember in the 2012-2014 era when protection roles would more often than not just protect players most likely to be killed and then after awhile those players had pseudo-protection because no one would have to say who to protect but scum might still get caught just killing there?

That's kinda dead because now people will protect people they think are town even if that person has absolutely no reason to be shot at by scum. Or they don't consider "hey this guy is typically shot, but right now he's under a lot of suspicion so I don't actually have to protect them" because mafia likely won't kill there and I can protect the other person.

What I'm getting at is protection actions are so bad these days it legit does need to be spelled out.

RetepAdam.

It me.
Reaction score

EG7SdPIU8AEh_4I.png

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Ngl it’s weird af having magic back me up :heston

Showtime

Reaction score
Ngl it’s weird af having magic back me up :heston
In my last 4 town games I've been shot on night 1 in 3 of those games by a total of 4 non-town kills and only survived in one because scum accidentally protected me.

You'd think at some point the commonality would of being shot night 1 would mean "maybe I should protect magic because if he does happen to be town there's a high chance he's shot at and even if I don't read him town that's a higher % chance of stopping a scum kill than protecting random player that has never been shot at on night 1 because I like them and they're a good guy"

Alco

Reaction score
In my last 4 town games I've been shot on night 1 in 3 of those games by a total of 4 non-town kills and only survived in one because scum accidentally protected me.

You'd think at some point the commonality would of being shot night 1 would mean "maybe I should protect magic because if he does happen to be town there's a high chance he's shot at and even if I don't read him town that's a higher % chance of stopping a scum kill than protecting random player that has never been shot at on night 1 because I like them and they're a good guy"
I would've protected you last game N1 if I hadn't miscalculated the duration of night :slip:

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
You’d think so wouldn’t you

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Out of interest, how many of those kills were Poyser?

Showtime

Reaction score
One?

Haza the sk shot one me in one game while the scum team(jeff and i cant remember) tried getting the vig shot directed onto me; then flay wanted me dead(jeff/poyser were on the team), then flay shot me as the SK.

i wasn't even in the that third game as town on day 1/night 1. :mj4

Junkette

Reaction score

I mean there’s a couple other players worthy of n1 protection, i’d protect the hot hand out of that bunch on N1.

Junkette

Reaction score
Cause of hiw dangerous they are also as scum it makes u panic and second guess who’s the best option too protect/watch.

I know who i’d protect tonight though.

Showtime

Reaction score
Sure, but that isn't where the protection is often landing.

Actually there was that one game with juice where I was pushing poyser as scum and then she proudly bg'd him for ??? reasons.

• Sad
Reactions: Junkette

Junkette

Reaction score
Magic bussing is nit something im considering ever cause of his interaction with Poyser about teh stonks is very much not something he would have said as scum 100%

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Yeah Junk just vibes town

36 pages to go ._.

Junkette

Reaction score
Like he doesn’t bring up that game at all or spins it differently. 100%.

So yeah I’d probably protect/watch magic here, seems like the most sensible thing to do to me anyways.

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
I mean it was literally Tweet that found him out so how does that work
This kinda stuff is what feels off about Flay to me, he just seems to be sucking up to me and it's weirding me out.