ROMANVM HISTORIVM: A Roman History Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Why are we running with this so hard based on a character cop perk?

Also,

This seems like it's going to be pertinent later.
It’s not just character cop, it’s the census too

what would be the use in scum having a character cop anyway? Unless it’s just a claim but his protective role was obviously designed to be the role he was to claim and characters are irrelevant to scum so there’s obviously a point to it

RetepAdam.

It me.
Reaction score
oh, that makes more sense. Though I then ha e to question why that’s a bad place for what you would describe as a noteworthy player to be in - when surely it’s always going to be harder to pin down any strong player?

Look at where I'm at on CP, Magic and Poyser.

Going phases at a time in full neutral is a delicate balancing act.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I’d say odds are very much unlikely a towncore has two scum as there leading wagons on day 1. Maybe this is the GOAT town but I doubt that tbh.
Don’t think it’s unlikely at all. If any 3 of me/magic/Odo/cp are town then it’s quite easily possible lol

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
In pure mathematical terms it’s obviously unlikely but that’s pretty irrelevant when taking play into account lol

I’m wavering on TFW tbh I’m not gonna lie, just with the sheer amount of effort hes put forth even whilst knowing he’s probably gonna be dead soon. I do still think a lot of his posts in the first half of day were bad and I also think there’s pretty good alignment potential with him and evans but I dunno, I’m questioning

I also don’t really hate his ace read tbh

I'm doing your WIFOM from Dr. Who "Why would he try so hard???"

Learned from the best :mj

I'm laying out all this out because I feel like I could easily be taken out. I also don't think my flip would be such a bad thing, Odo is good but it's best he stops focusing me when it's all wasted time.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I don't really see what Alco has done to get a town read tbh, although my track record at correctly reading him is shite lol

His posts felt wallpapery and the sheep vote seemed more hesitant than usual for him, idk. I trust my Ace read more over him.
I think he’d be a bit more aware of how he’d look by coming in and outright saying yeah I’m sheeping lol

Junkette

Reaction score
Honestly Poyser sometimes the odds do outweigh the play in context, especially here imo.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Honestly Poyser sometimes the odds do outweigh the play in context, especially here imo.
Not at all lol. Good players drastically increase the odds that they’re right

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I think he’d be a bit more aware of how he’d look by coming in and outright saying yeah I’m sheeping lol

I think Alco is someone that gets away with it though, sheeping isn't uncommon for him is it?

Junkette

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Peter reads list tbh and that makes me sad.

RetepAdam.

It me.
Reaction score
It’s not just character cop, it’s the census too

what would be the use in scum having a character cop anyway? Unless it’s just a claim but his protective role was obviously designed to be the role he was to claim and characters are irrelevant to scum so there’s obviously a point to it

We're veering into setup spec territory here, but just to answer your question:

-To round out the role if scum each have multiple powers
-To help them identify/target high-profile town players
-To help them sniff out the SK

Given that it's a character cop and not a role cop, would it really help scum in terms of recruiting in any way not essentially already covered by the above?

I didn't think much of there being a census. Has that more recently become an omen?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
A lot of the times I am a pest with Alco and give him shit, most people gloss over him.

I know his play is real easy to lean in to, and he'd go far as scum

Junkette

Reaction score
Not at all lol. Good players drastically increase the odds that they’re right
Let’s not argue variables, I’ll go with the odds and my read on TFW

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I think Alco is someone that gets away with it though, sheeping isn't uncommon for him is it?
I don’t think alco tends to get away with a lot, he’s Lynched fairly often. I think he’d try and pretend he’s at least got some kind of independent thought of his own. It’s not really a strong read or anything it’s just what my gut tells me.

RetepAdam.

It me.
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Peter reads list tbh and that makes me sad.

To me, that just means we've got different perspectives covered.

Esg5BBFXIAEjWpa.jpg

Reactions: Junkette