ROMANVM HISTORIVM: A Roman History Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
From Evans PM

You are Vercingetorix, the Anti-Roman Gaul. As Caesar's Gallic enemy, you have the united might of Gaul. Four times per game, you may choose to protect a player at night. If that player is also protected by an active power, both protections will negate. You cannot use this power on yourself. Three times this game you may investigate a player at night and see what their true character is

So its either an SK/indy cop or a recruitment mechanic

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Which means theres potentially a significant overlap with magics role right?

Ace

Reaction score
From Evans PM

So its either an SK/indy cop or a recruitment mechanic
Im not following, sorry.

That's a standard rolecop ability that Evans had, isn't it? Why does this feed into there being a recruitment mechanic?

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
The only theory I can think of that sits outside of this is that a town player was given a fake identity for some reason. Ive done this as a host in a few games, but i dont see barry doing it tbh

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Im not following, sorry.

That's a standard rolecop ability that Evans had, isn't it? Why does this feed into there being a recruitment mechanic?

its not a rolecop, its a character cop, which has 2 applications for scum

1. Finding indies with fake claims
2. Finding a particular character who can be recruited

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
If you think it was option 1, then you need to consider what the fuck magic is, as he apparently has the same role

Which means you can only logically think it was option 2

Ace

Reaction score
its not a rolecop, its a character cop, which has 2 applications for scum

1. Finding indies with fake claims
2. Finding a particular character who can be recruited
Ah I understand what you're saying. Cheers.

Is it standard/is there precedent for one scum to be a character cop, and a separate one to be a recruiter? I'd have imagined the recruiter themself would be the one to search for the necessary recruit.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Ah I understand what you're saying. Cheers.

Is it standard/is there precedent for one scum to be a character cop, and a separate one to be a recruiter? I'd have imagined the recruiter themself would be the one to search for the necessary recruit.

Splitting the functionality is actually a good way to tip town off, as it means 2 scum flips can reveal it, as opposed to one. On reflection, its what I would do as a host if I thought about it if that helps (If i ever used a recruitment mechanic).

But thats not to say thats what Barry did, so I dunno

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
What specifically was wrong with my entrance though?

Like, do you actually look at my early vote and think that it is what I would do as scum?

That's just not my scum meta at all and I'm actually surprised you would think otherwise.

You sussed, voted, then dipped. It's your classic scum MO. "I never vote day 1" is your town mantra, stamped all over yourself.

Yes, yes you would, and have. Now you're pulling off the "anyone but me" spiel that's grown so tiresome these days

Ace

Reaction score
A cop specifically for if they're that conspiracy aligned or not that conspiracy aligned.
This is Magic's claim.

When T-Pein flipped we were expressly told the conspiracy has been shut down, so that means that he was the only person Magic was searching for.

If scum is searching for the other indy then it wouldn't theoretically overlap, right? The fact that Magic's role was expressly focused on T-Pein, and his alignment appeared town to a normal cop, shows that Barry build specific mechanics for one of the indies; its not a stretch to think he'd do the same with the other.

Particularly in a theme like this where I'm sure there are traitor-types who the anti-romans could have recruited IRL to catch out the romans.

Ace

Reaction score
Splitting the functionality is actually a good way to tip town off, as it means 2 scum flips can reveal it, as opposed to one. On reflection, its what I would do as a host if I thought about it if that helps (If i ever used a recruitment mechanic).

But thats not to say thats what Barry did, so I dunno
Fair point.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
^ Specifically? I didn't notice that

Ace

Reaction score
You sussed, voted, then dipped. It's your classic scum MO. "I never vote day 1" is your town mantra, stamped all over yourself.

Yes, yes you would, and have. Now you're pulling off the "anyone but me" spiel that's grown so tiresome these days
No, that's not my scum MO at all.

You're right regarding the never vote day 1 thing, but I've been switching up my game quite a bit lately. But as I said before, this is at least a valid reason to suss me, I was more interested why others were sussing me without giving reasons - felt like sheeping.

Reactions: Lethal

Ace

Reaction score
^ Specifically? I didn't notice that
Not sure which post this is referring to but if its to my post about building a mechanic specifically for indy, then yes the fact that Magic claims to have a role that tries to determine if someone is conspiracy aligned or not, and given that we have been told the only member of the conspirarcy is dead, shows that this would be a specific role.

Of course Magic isn't confirmed town but given he knew about the "conspiracy" name before T-Pein flipped in thread implies that the role is likely legit, with the question being what alignment it is.

Reactions: Lethal

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
This is Magic's claim.

When T-Pein flipped we were expressly told the conspiracy has been shut down, so that means that he was the only person Magic was searching for.

If scum is searching for the other indy then it wouldn't theoretically overlap, right? The fact that Magic's role was expressly focused on T-Pein, and his alignment appeared town to a normal cop, shows that Barry build specific mechanics for one of the indies; its not a stretch to think he'd do the same with the other.

Particularly in a theme like this where I'm sure there are traitor-types who the anti-romans could have recruited IRL to catch out the romans.

Scum could also use their character cop to find the other indy tho (assuming they too have a fake)

If they dont then the only player that their cop is for is TPein, which is exactly what magic has as well

If youre getting at the other indy being the potential recruit, then yes, that would be a plausible explanation