• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roman Reigns being rejected

Danielson

Champion
Lately there has been tons of unjustified hate directed toward Reigns. Hell, Im one of them. I think it's important to know Reigns has done nothing to deserve the backlash. Everything with him has been mismanaged sine the break up with the shield.

First off, Rollins. Yes, he is a heel but does anyone wrestle like a baby face as much as him? Elbow drops through tables. Corkscrew splashes. Watch the RR ppv, he was clearly the baby face of that match besides the storyline.

Why is that important? The Shields career will always be connected. When you think HBK, you rememer the rockers. You think Brett, and you think Hart foundation.

Let me delve in further. You have Reigns, he is supposed to be this bad ass. He has several pretty basic matches, then winds up getting hurt, which doesnt help things. It comes out that during this time he took 2 months of acting classes and his return completly botches his promo, then the following week says a nursery rhyme. WHAT A BADASS! No one "believes" him, pun intended.

Let me elaborate on the brett and hbk comparison because I think there is something there.

What ill do is compare it to dating a girl. All 3 start off as a tag team or in a stable, whatever. Then with hbk and brett we take them out of their stables and start to build them in the midcard.( basically, lets take this broad out on a few dates before the big payoff) After a couple years building, having great matches, perfecting their craft, we are ready for our WM moment, it becomes consensual.
Reigns starts off as the hot new broad, boy is he pretty. The WWE just cant wait to get their nut off! They want him now, they dont care

They just gave Reigns too much, he is not ready, and it is not his fault at all. Just be honest, he is pretty, he is big, he is hand picked. None of this is his fault.

Ghe hypocrisy that is Vince boggles my mind. Grab the brass ring he says, sell! What has Reigns done to do that? It is not about a superstar putting in the work because we would have Ziggler. Its not about being amazing on the mic, or we would have Bray. Its not about being the best technical wrestler of this generation or we would have Bryan. It's about being pretty, about being selected, and about tradition.
The hypocrisy continues. What is the difference between Cesaro and Reigns? Cesaro is by far the better wrestler, and they both can't talk worth a damn. But Cesaro isn't a top guy, come the fuck on.

Ill even admit Reigns is sexy with his background, but let me take him out on a few dates, dont have him skull fuckin me before i even dip my toes.

What do you all say on the matter. This is my week to think about it.

Reigns didnt screw Reigns, Vince did.

Damage control: If you're going to do this, make Reigns heel, turn Rollins face. Align Reigns with Heyman by either screwing Brock or beat Brock clean and Heyman screw Rollins. Have Rollins do something as simple as shaking a hand of a face after a great match. HHH dislikes this, says you.blew your 3 way at RR, blew your MITB, get out.

Last edited:

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
I don't think Reigns right now has what it takes to be the top guy, let alone beating Lesnar at WM31. He's not great in the ring, not great on the mic and doesn't really do much else for me. But then again, Vince should have made sure Reigns' strengths showed and his weaknesses were hid; he should've been fighting guys so he gets better and better. He hands Reigns the brass ring, but stops pushing Cesaro. He reluctantly put Bryan in the main event of WM30, but now he just uses him to get a tiny bit more money. If he really liked Bryan, he would've put him in the top 4 and treated him as one of the top guys, not just another guy thrown out by Bray Wyatt. I agree with you completely, Vince fucked up and can't see that he needs to listen to the people. He can't keep thinking about what he would want back in the 80s because everything has changed, but thinks we all give a shit about WWE Network reaching 1 million. No we don't, now work on giving Reigns something that's not dogshit.

Oh, and should Bryan not qualify for a WWE WHC match with Brock Lesnar as he was never pinned or submitted to lose the title?

Danielson

Champion
I'm not sure the rules for a forfeit but I can reference HBK who won the IC back after giving it away by saying he never lost it.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
It would be a good way for Bryan to get into the WM31 main event. He could argue that point, an Authority Figure (not sure who, though) grants him the wish to fight someone at Fast Lane, and if he wins, he is added to the main event.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
It wasn't wrong to give Roman the Rumble win, I don't have a problem with Reigns winning and I'm a huge DB fan, because it's not Roman's fault. He was simply doing his job.
Because, if Vince came up to me and said I'd be the next RR winner and the next in line to headline WM, I would've refused, too.

But, it was wrong to give Bryan such a shitty elimination, as a matter of fact, not only to Bryan, but Ambrose/DZ/Wyatt all got eliminated in that same fashion.

If Bryan was one of the final men to be eliminated, whether legally or by an outside interference, it'd have been fine for the crowd to accept Reigns as the winner, I think.

Roman has the potential to be the next top star, and right now, they're ruining it. By giving him the Rumble win and the crowd pissing on it, this is bad news for Reigns.
He's supposed to be their next top babyface, not top heel.

They've basically thrown Roman under the bus just to prove a point to the fans - that we do not tell them how to book their shows and we can't always have our way. So, they told us to go fuck ourselves in a way. I really hope they know what they're doing with this, because it can come back to bite 'em in the ass. Oh wait...

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
It wasn't wrong to give Roman the Rumble win, I don't have a problem with Reigns winning and I'm a huge DB fan, because it's not Roman's fault. He was simply doing his job.
Because, if Vince came up to me and said I'd be the next RR winner and the next in line to headline WM, I would've refused, too.

But, it was wrong to give Bryan such a shitty elimination, as a matter of fact, not only to Bryan, but Ambrose/DZ/Wyatt all got eliminated in that same fashion.

If Bryan was one of the final men to be eliminated, whether legally or by an outside interference, it'd have been fine for the crowd to accept Reigns as the winner, I think.

Roman has the potential to be the next top star, and right now, they're ruining it. By giving him the Rumble win and the crowd pissing on it, this is bad news for Reigns.

They've basically thrown Roman under the bus just to prove a point to the fans - that we do not tell them how to book their shows and we can't always have our way. So, they told us to go fuck ourselves in a way. I really hope they know what they're doing with this, because it can come back to bite 'em in the ass.
It's as if they thought that this Batista 2.0 thing wouldn't happen at all, because we all universally hate Batista and nothing more.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion

They've basically thrown Roman under the bus just to prove a point to the fans - that we do not tell them how to book their shows and we can't always have our way. So, they told us to go fuck ourselves in a way. I really hope they know what they're doing with this, because it can come back to bite 'em in the ass. Oh wait...
When I think of the Rumble ending now, it was pretty cringe. Like who in their right mind thought that Big Show or Kane would win a Rumble in 2015?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
It's as if they thought that this Batista 2.0 thing wouldn't happen at all, because we all universally hate Batista and nothing more.

LOL, they knew it was the same crowd as last year. They knew they were gonna get firmly behind Bryan. And then you eliminate him like he's nothing... Stupid idea.

But now, if they let this scenario from last year happen again, where Bryan gets added into the ME at WM pretty much the same way he did last year, they're gonna look weak by caving in.
Can't say I wouldn't enjoy it.

Danielson

Champion
Let me say this. IF thet do not do what I said in my final paragraph, you will completely kill Reigns. Say, Reigns wins as face, his moment. Here comes heel rollins, cashes in and wins. Don't tell me the crowd won't pop like crazy for Rollins. Hope they do what I said, otherwise Reigns will have a very hard time recovering as a face.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
When I think of the Rumble ending now, it was pretty cringe. Like who in their right mind thought that Big Show or Kane would win a Rumble in 2015?

Yeah, nobody had thought of it. You know it's a fucked up world when you have Kane and Show being one of the final men to be eliminated.

Come on.

Danielson

Champion
LOL, they knew it was the same crowd as last year. They knew they were gonna get firmly behind Bryan. And then you eliminate him like he's nothing... Stupid idea.

But now, if they let this scenario from last year happen again, where Bryan gets added into the ME at WM pretty much the same way he did last year, they're gonna look weak by caving in.
Can't say I wouldn't enjoy it.

I seen the idea floating around that DB is still hurt. I say to you, do you book a hurt guy in two matches in one night, then a SD match, then a raw and SD again? Followed by a quick elimination and a fuckin casket match. Stop reaching for justification I say to thee. It was poorly managed. Vince has to go.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
I seen the idea floating around that DB is still hurt. I say to you, do you book a hurt guy in two matches in one night, then a SD match, then a raw and SD again? Followed by a quick elimination and a fuckin casket match. Stop reaching for justification I say to thee. It was poorly managed. Vince has to go.

I've seen that, too. But I think it's just BS, like you said, they were trying to justify their stupid decisions regarding the Rumble.

Yeah, Vince has to go. Hopefully this announcement by Hunter is that Vince is finally going to step aside.