Role Playing Games

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Not video games. Like, table top or LARP style.

I recently just got sucked back into playing Vampire: The Masquerade after like, 10 years of not playing and I forgot how much of a riot it can be. (Neeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrd!)

So yeah, anybody else get into this stuff?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I've never actually been introduced to it. If you mean like people dress up and fight with swords and shit, I'd love to try honestly. It seems like a fun experience, I don't think I could do tabletop though.

Weez

Reaction score
I just started playing D&D again in the last 6 months. I ran into some old friends and they were wanting to get a regular gaming session going. I was down. It was a strange leap going from 2 to 3.5, but it's been fun. I actually just went to the Comic store the earlier this week for a 3.5 Player's handbook and a couple new shiny sets of dice.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I never got into it, but I knew some chick in high school that was into some crazy shit that practically deterred me away from the idea of it. She played some "role playing game" with her sister and parents where they dressed up like witches and shit and had these extremely weird fucking wardrobes they wore, but I was never clear on the details and wasn't sure I wanted to know. I dunno, maybe somebody here is more familiar with that sort of thing than I am, but it really creeped me the fuck out.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I just started playing D&D again in the last 6 months. I ran into some old friends and they were wanting to get a regular gaming session going. I was down. It was a strange leap going from 2 to 3.5, but it's been fun. I actually just went to the Comic store the earlier this week for a 3.5 Player's handbook and a couple new shiny sets of dice.

My only exposure to 2 was through the Baldur's Gate games and I have to say that the revisions in 3 and 3.5 are much more intuitive and user friendly. Haven't played D&D in forever but I'd love to again. I just don't want the headache of running the damned thing.

Not that I have been able to play in a few years, but I do have Hunter, Vampire(Masquerade & Dark Ages), and the Star Wars D20 system.

I always wanted to play Dark Ages but never had the chance. I wonder if it would be possible to run an online game?

I never got into it, but I knew some chick in high school that was into some crazy shit that practically deterred me away from the idea of it. She played some "role playing game" with her sister and parents where they dressed up like witches and shit and had these extremely weird fucking wardrobes they wore, but I was never clear on the details and wasn't sure I wanted to know. I dunno, maybe somebody here is more familiar with that sort of thing than I am, but it really creeped me the fuck out.

Meh, just like everything you have people who will take it too far. I've known them. They'll cry when their long time character dies or they'll blend their personality into the character and get really offended if your character challenges them at all because they'll see it as a personal attack.

We have a group of 20-30 regulars in our game and I'm pretty happy to say that they all seem like relatively reasonable people.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I tried playing D&D one time but I just ended up pissing off the other players. They said it was free range and open but when I started doing shit they didn't like they would just get mad at me. You should know beforehand when you invite someone like me to play such a game, I'm going to do ridiculous stuff.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I've always wanted to play D&D. Still would but I don't know anyone else who does. I wouldn't want to be in a group with super serious people. There's a podcast called Nerd Poker that I sometimes listen to. It's some comedians playing D&D and just fucking around and having fun yet still being centered on a main quest. I'd also like the idea of LARPing but I think even more people would be far too serious. Well now that I think about it, I just like the idea of dueling.

I do play a lot of board games with some friends if that counts as table top gaming as well. Games like Catan, Ticket to Ride, Munchkin and such. Sometimes Party games too.