• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Also Wrestlekingom 13 - was also another Supercard with two headlines matches.
Can't believe I forgot to bring that up earlier

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I’m not really sure what you’re trying to prove with all this. You just jack off the Rock because he’s one of the biggest stars in the history of the business then shit on everyone else saying they’re “not draws”
just because they didn’t do Rock numbers. WWE are not hurting in case you haven’t realized. As a matter of fact they’re making more money now than ever before. After Rock left, WWE continued to go strong all with their “non drawing” superstars. He left in 2004 with brief returns between 2011-2016. Did WWE go out of business? No. Did they lose money? No. Did they lose their spot at the top? No.

Rock was a huge draw but stop acting like he was the only thing that kept WWE alive. WWE are bigger than one star and they’ve done just fine since his departure.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Wrestlemania 30 had 2 headline matches. Lesnar/Taker and Bryan/HHH, which later turned to Bryan/Orton/Batista.

WM 31 had Sting/HHH and Reigns/Lesnar

WM 33 had Reigns/Taker and Goldberg/Lesnar

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
SummerSlam - irrelevant
MITB - irrelevant

They are relevant, it shows CM Punk isn’t a draw.

If Punk only bumped a ppv up 30,000 buys in his biggest storyline ever with Cena, then there’s no way he drew for Wrestlemania 28 with Jericho, someone who drew less than Cena.

It’s really that simple lol, you’re basically arguing that Punk contributed 30,000 or less buys of the 1,217,000 buys for Wrestlemania 28.

That’s absolutely laughable, Punk didn’t do anything for Wrestlemania 28 and you

Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy - was a draw.
Sheamus vs. Bryan was a draw.
Kelly Kelly - was a massive draw alone..

You’ve lost all credibility, Kelly Kelly a massive draw...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Also Wrestlekingom 13 - was also another Supercard with two headlines matches.
Can't believe I forgot to bring that up earlier

Wrestlekingdom is irrelevant in the United States.

I now see the problem, you’re confusing the term supercard for a card where there’s many matches considered great, while when I say supercard I’m talking about a card with multiple mega drawing events.

Wrestlemania 30 had 2 headline matches. Lesnar/Taker and Bryan/HHH, which later turned to Bryan/Orton/Batista.

WM 31 had Sting/HHH and Reigns/Lesnar

WM 33 had Reigns/Taker and Goldberg/Lesnar

Most Wrestlemania’s are double main events, I’m talking about a card that had 5 major mainstream events in Wrestlemania 17.

No other show had as many mainstream headlines like 17 did.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
At no point did you mention anything about it being US exclusive? Laughable.
Nice excuse.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
They are relevant, it shows CM Punk isn’t a draw.

If Punk only bumped a ppv up 30,000 buys in his biggest storyline ever with Cena, then there’s no way he drew for Wrestlemania 28 with Jericho, someone who drew less than Cena.

It’s really that simple lol, you’re basically arguing that Punk contributed 30,000 or less buys of the 1,217,000 buys for Wrestlemania 28.

That’s absolutely laughable, Punk didn’t do anything for Wrestlemania 28 and you

You’ve lost all credibility, Kelly Kelly a massive draw...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Wrestlekingdom is irrelevant in the United States.

I now see the problem, you’re confusing the term supercard for a card where there’s many matches considered great, while when I say supercard I’m talking about a card with multiple mega drawing events.

Most Wrestlemania’s are double main events, I’m talking about a card that had 5 major mainstream events in Wrestlemania 17.

No other show had as many mainstream headlines like 17 did.
WM 25. 5 matches you could argue to be a draw. Michaels/Taker, Cena/Show/Edge, Orton/HHH, Mysterio/JBL, Matt/Jeff. All those matches could be argued to be draws. You could also say Jericho/3 legends was a draw

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Like I said he doesn’t think anyone was a draw other than Rock. If it was that bad WWE would’ve gone out of business in 2004.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
WM 25. 5 matches you could argue to be a draw. Michaels/Taker, Cena/Show/Edge, Orton/HHH, Mysterio/JBL, Matt/Jeff. All those matches could be argued to be draws. You could also say Jericho/3 legends was a draw

Only Cena match, and the Mickey Rourke legends match were mega draws for that show

Michaels/Taker, niche loves the work rate but neither were great draws.

Same with Orton/HHH, they were never draws.

Again, proving my point, with Cena, Hogan, Rock or Austin they fail.

Like I said he doesn’t think anyone was a draw other than Rock. If it was that bad WWE would’ve gone out of business in 2004.

Rock was the last true megastar, Cena the last true draw.

And I don’t even like Cena.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Only Cena match, and the Mickey Rourke legends match were mega draws for that show

Stop changing the narrative every time you are proven wrong. All 6 matches I listed was draws.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Rock was the last true megastar, Cena the last true draw.

And I don’t even like Cena.

So why are WWE still in business. If every other star was as bad as you say then they should’ve gone under years ago.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
The bottom line is this, Wrestlemania had 5 major headline draws with two of them getting more mainstream press than Rock vs Austin.

Whereas Wrestlemania 18 the only drawing factor is Rock vs Hogan, yet Wrestlemania 18 only drew 180,000 less buys, meaning Rock/Hogan drew more for the Wrestlemania 18 ppv than Rock/Austin did for Wrestlemania 17.

Stop changing the narrative every time you are proven wrong. All 6 matches I listed was draws.

No, the ppv drew 960,000 buys, Taker, HHH, Shawn and Orton didn’t contribute to that number as they were not draws, Cena, Rourke, Mysterio and Hardyz did, as they were draws.

So why are WWE still in business. If every other star was as bad as you say then they should’ve gone under years ago.

Due to overinflated deals based on draws from the past, take the TV deals and they go out of business.

None of the guys they have are draws.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
The bottom line is this, Wrestlemania had 5 major headline draws with two of them getting more mainstream press than Rock vs Austin.

Whereas Wrestlemania 18 the only drawing factor is Rock vs Hogan, yet Wrestlemania 18 only drew 180,000 less buys, meaning Rock/Hogan drew more for the Wrestlemania 18 ppv than Rock/Austin did for Wrestlemania 17.

No, the ppv drew 960,000 buys, Taker, HHH, Shawn and Orton didn’t contribute to that number as they were not draws, Cena, Rourke, Mysterio and Hardyz did, as they were draws.

Due to overinflated deals based on draws from the past, take the TV deals and they go out of business.

None of the guys they have are draws.
where are the numbers that those four didn't draw? numbers?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
He/She has no numbers,

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
where are the numbers that those four didn't draw? numbers?

Anytime they were given the ball when Hogan, Rock, Austin and Cena left, they failed, getting record lows, whether they be in the mid 90s when they were about to go out of business and lose to WCW or post 2002 with the nonstop ratings decline, or even today.

Take away TV deals and they go out of business.

He/She has no numbers,

It’s a he, respect my pronouns:

tenor.gif

And yes I gave numbers and refuted your absurd claims throughly

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I respected your by saying he/she - because I didn't know your pronoun.