Rock/Hogan drew more for Wrestlemania 18 than Rock/Austin drew for Wrestlemania 17

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Anyone else want their arguments against the OP refuted?

I can do this all day.

I99GjH5.gif

I have yet to see one person refute the fact that Rock/Hogan contributed more for Wrestlemania 18 than Rock/Austin for Wrestlemania 17

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Taker/HHH at Wrestlemania 28 didn’t draw anywhere near as much in TV ratings or mainstream coverage as Chyna, TLC 2 McMahon storyline and Purchase of WCW.

That is one of the most ridiculous claims made in this thread.

When you claim Punk/Jericho drew as much as Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2, and WCW purchase then either the person is playing or is completely wrong and believes what they’re saying.

She may not be a troll, but what she’s saying is 100% factually wrong, it’s disinformation and it will be called out as such.

You understand?

You’re saying that Punk/Jericho contributed to the buyrate of Wrestlemania 28, just as much as Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2 and WCW purchase did for Wrestlemania 17.

That is absurd. Punk/Jericho didn’t draw 1/10th as much as and didn’t get 1/10th the mainstream attention that those events for Wrestlemania 17 did.

Punk only contributed 30,000 buys to MITB 2011 in his biggest storyline ever, he’s not responsible one bit for Rock/Cena’s Wrestlemania buyrate.

If you want to argue that he added 30,000 buys to Wrestlemania 28, then that proves me right, he didn’t contribute to that Wrestlemania 28 buyrate, he wasn’t a draw
She never once brought up those storyline you are comparing it to. I'm not sure how much more it needs to be drilled into your skull before you get that.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Anyone else want their arguments against the OP refuted?

I can do this all day.

I99GjH5.gif

I have yet to see one person refute the fact that Rock/Hogan contributed more for Wrestlemania 18 than Rock/Austin for Wrestlemania 17
Because nobody cares. :toomanykobes

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Because nobody cares.

Yet you’ve responded and debated the topic multiple times by now :toomanykobes

She never once brought up those storyline you are comparing it to. I'm not sure how much more it needs to be drilled into your skull before you get that.

She brought up Wrestlemania 28 being a supposed supercard like Wrestlemania 17 and that was quickly shot down as Punk/Jericho was never a major headline. And Taker/Triple H was never a major mainstream draw.

Chyna, McMahon Storyline, TLC 2, and WCW purchase were major mainstream headlines and draws for Wrestlemania 17, especially the McMahon storyline and WCW purchase that got more mainstream attention than Rock/Austin and Bob Costas heat. They contributed hugely to the Wrestlemania 17 buyrate.

Punk/Jericho, Taker/HHH we’re not major draws, they didn’t get mainstream attention ESPECIALLY compared to Rock/Cena and any of the 5 Wrestlemania 17 main events.

Do you understand that or do I have to explain it again?

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
She brought up Wrestlemania 28 being a supposed supercard like Wrestlemania 17 and that was quickly shot down as Punk/Jericho was never a major headline. And Taker/Triple H was never a major mainstream draw.

Chyna, McMahon Storyline, TLC 2, and WCW purchase were major mainstream headlines and draws for Wrestlemania 17, especially the McMahon storyline and WCW purchase that got more mainstream attention than Rock/Austin and Bob Costas heat. They contributed hugely to the Wrestlemania 17 buyrate.

Punk/Jericho, Taker/HHH we’re not major draws, they didn’t get mainstream attention ESPECIALLY compared to Rock/Cena and any of the 5 Wrestlemania 17 main events.

Do you understand that or do I have to explain it again?
You say they aren't but you dismiss it by just saying, "They're not because I said so!".

She specifically never once brought up the lesser storylines of Mania 28. You keep bringing them up, pal. Nobody gives a fuck.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
You say they aren't but you dismiss it by just saying, "They're not because I said so!".

She specifically never once brought up the lesser storylines of Mania 28. You keep bringing them up, pal. Nobody gives a fuck.

She did bring up Taker/HHH and Punk/Jericho, what are you talking about?

Again, neither matches were major draws, neither got mainstream attention, they didn’t contribute to Wrestlemania 28 beinh the biggest ppv ever.

Whereas Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2 and WCW purchase did contribute hugely to the Wrestlemania 17 buyrate as they were major draws that got huge mainstream, two of which(McMahon & WCW) more than Rock/Austin.

Arguing otherwise is embarrassing at this point, no Punk/Jericho and Taker/HHH weren’t major draws and didn’t contribute to the Wrestlemania 28 buyrate like McMahon storyline, Chyna, TLC 2 and WCW purchase did for Wrestlemania 17.

So bringing Wrestlemania 28 up in reference to Wrestlemania 17 and 18 is nonsensical.

Punk/Jericho & Taker/HHH were not major draws and didn’t contribute to Wrestlemania 28 which was a one match show, it therefore wasn’t a supercard.

Chyna, TLC 2, McMahon vs McMahon and WCW purchase were major draws and got major mainstream coverage and contributed greatly to the Wrestlemania 17 buyrate and therefore was a super card.

Rock/Hogan was the only drawing factor for Wrestlemania 18 yet the pov drew only 180,000 less without the mega draw factors of McMahon storyline, WCW purchase, TLC 2 and Chyna.

Rock/Hogan therefore was a bigger match and drew more for Wrestlemania 18 than Rock/Austin did for Wrestlemania 17.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
She did bring up Taker/HHH and Punk/Jericho, what are you talking about?

Again, neither matches were major draws, neither got mainstream attention, they didn’t contribute to Wrestlemania 28 beinh the biggest ppv ever.

Whereas Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2 and WCW purchase did contribute hugely to the Wrestlemania 17 buyrate as they were major draws that got huge mainstream, two of which(McMahon & WCW) more than Rock/Austin.

Arguing otherwise is embarrassing at this point, no Punk/Jericho and Taker/HHH weren’t major draws and didn’t contribute to the Wrestlemania 28 buyrate like McMahon storyline, Chyna, TLC 2 and WCW purchase did for Wrestlemania 17.

So bringing it up in reference to Wrestlemania 17 and 18 is nonsensical.
Yes. She brought up those two matches and those two matches in particular. She never brought up the other storylines from WMX7. :reigns3

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Triple H vs. The Undertaker [a direct rematch of the previous year]
In the Hell in a Cell
With Shawn Michaels as the special guests referee.
Saying this match isn't a draw is nonsensical.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Yes. She brought up those two matches and those two matches in particular. She never brought up the other storylines from WMX7.

She’s saying that Wrestlemania 28 is a supercard to compare it to how Wrestlemania 17 was in fact a supercard.

In effort to say that Rock/Austin was as much a drawing factor for Wrestlemania 17 as Rock/Cena was for Wrestlemania 28.

That is false because Wrestlemania 28 wasn’t a supercard and the only major drawing match was Rock/Cena, the other matches were irrelevant to the mainstream.

Wrestlemania 28 was a one match drawing show in Rock/Cena.

Whereas Wrestlemania 17 was a collaborative effort and Rock/Austin wasn’t the sole draw, it had many mega drawing matches, with the WCW purchase and McMahon storyline getting the most mainstream attention.

Do you comprehend now?

Triple H vs. The Undertaker [a direct rematch of the previous year]
In the Hell in a Cell
With Shawn Michaels as the special guests referee.
Saying this match isn't a draw is nonsensical.

Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Undertaker were never major draws so that automatically refutes your argument. They drew record lows and started the decline once Rock and Austin left in 2002, let’s not even get to Michaels and Takers drawing ability in the 90s when Hogan left.

Whereas Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2 and WCW purchase were major mainstream draws and contributed hugely to Wrestlemania 17 buyrate. it wasn’t a one match draw in Rock/Austin.

Whereas Rock/Cena was a one match draw for Wrestlemania 28. They were draws and got mainstream attention and drew the biggest ppv ever. Taker/HHH, Punk/Jericho were irrelevant outside the niche.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
The three of them are 5th, 6th and 7th biggest draws in the history of professional wrestling.

Reactions: Brad Boyd

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
The three of them are 5th, 6th and 7th biggest draws in the history of professional wrestling.

They’ve been there for years, they should have made money from years and years of working.

Draw wise, they’re not, when you take out Rock, Cena, Austin and Hogan those guys didn’t draw, ESPECIALLY Punk.

The source is a MAIN STREAM source - and shows no bias towards wrestling

Using an IMDB article with zero facts, numbers and figures ...

tenor.gif

Come to me with numbers.

Numbers show without Rock, Cena, Austin and Hogan, they drew record... and I mean Record lows during the mid 90s without Hogan, then post 2002 without Rock/Austin.

Those guys made money from the 2-3 decades they’ve been working there, but they are not popular, they are not draws, they only draw a niche. That’s a fact, even debating that is laughable.

Andre, Flair Piper, Perfect, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Sting in 97, Ang DDP were bigger draws and more popular than Taker, Michaels and HHH.

Taker, Michaels, HHH worked with the guys who drew, they never drew on their own merit.

IWC claims are irrelevant, the niche claim Triple H was the best heel in 2000 despite Kurt Angle drawing higher segments than Triple H(without Rock) and getting louder crowd reactions that year.

I don’t care about who’s popular with the niche, I care about facts and who draws, Taker, HHH and Michaels were never huge draws.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Not sure what the mid 90s have to do with the the year 2012.
Also the record IMDB is a more reliable source than yourself - you don't have any citations or any references at all. You've just kept repeating the same things over and over and over again. Come at me with facts.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Claiming Taker, HHH, and Shawn Michaels in top 10 most popular wrestlers ever.

Zero credibility.

Not sure what the mid 90s have to do with the the year 2012.
Also the record IMDB is a more reliable source than yourself - you don't have any citations or any references at all. You've just kept repeating the same things over and over and over again. Come at me with facts.

Doesn’t matter what year, in 2012 WWE was still niche, those guys weren’t never major draws, no matter how you try to spin it.

IMDB provided zero numbers, I do. When I include the fact that CM Punk lost 50,000 buys for Summerslam 2011 or that he only gained 30,000 for MITB 2011... those are factual numbers whether you like it or not.

All I use is the facts and numbers, whereas you’re using IMDB made lists with zero numbers and factsclaiming Taker, HHH, and Michaels are these major draws when they’ve never draw huge in any era and always flopped without actual draws around.

You have zero credibility when it comes to who draws.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
You have zero numbers concerning Wrestlemania 28.

SummerSlam - irrelevant
MITB - irrelevant

both have nothing to do with Wrestlemania 28.

You have nothing in your arsenal to prove that the World Title match and the the Taker match weren't draws. They were most certainly draws. I even mentioned matches that weren't headlines but were draws.

Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy - was a draw.
Sheamus vs. Bryan was a draw.
Kelly Kelly - was a massive draw alone.

Check yourself - before you wreck yourself.