Rock/Hogan drew more for Wrestlemania 18 than Rock/Austin drew for Wrestlemania 17

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
If that is your final point - then I am disagreeing with it.

You haven’t proven a thing.

Mcmahon storyline, WCW purchase, Chyna, TLC 2 were draws in their own right.

CM Punk wasn’t a draw.

No other event in wrestling history had major mainstream storylines like McMahon storyline, Chyna, TLC 2 and WCW purchase to go with Rock/Austin.

CM Punk didn’t receive 1/8th of the media coverage those events did, and if you claim otherwise you’re a troll.

End of story, you’re dismissed.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree - if you can't even having an adult conversation without having to resort to using labels like derailing and trolling - when nothing of the sort if taking place. You are welcome to your own opinion - but that is all that is. An opinion.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree - if you can't even having an adult conversation without having to resort to using labels like derailing and trolling - when nothing of the sort if taking place. You are welcome to your own opinion - but that is all that is. An opinion.

There is no agreeing or disagreeing.

CM Punk factually wasn’t even 1/10th as popular and didn’t get even 1/10th of the media coverage that the following got in 2001:

-McMahon storyline

-Chyna, her book and entering women’s division.

-TLC 2

-Purchase of WCW.

If you’re going to argue that Punk/Jericho Taker/HHH, was on the level of those events, you lose credibility. It wasn’t even 1/10th as relevant or a draw as those events that got mainstream media coverage and contributed hugely to the Wrestlemania 17 buyrate.

End of story, you’re dismissed, your claim has zero credibility.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
1612362228377.png

You neither have the power in which you can order me to leave nor do have an authority that I would need permission in order to be allowed to leave.

I also don't work for you.

So saying I am dismissed - is either you being extremely condescending and sexist or you are extremely confused that you are posting on a forum of which you have 0% ownership of.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
You neither have the power in which you can order me to leave nor do have an authority that I would need permission in order to be allowed to leave.

I also don't work for you.

So saying I am dismissed - is either you being extremely condescending and sexist or you are extremely confused that you are posting on a forum of which you have 0% ownership of.

Any claim or argument I throughly refute is dismissed.

Woman OR Man, if you have a stupid argument such as:

Punk/Jericho drew as much, was as relevant and contributed to Wrestlemania 28 as much as Chyna, Mcmahon storyline, TLC 2 and WCW purchase.

Then I’m gonna dismiss that person in debate as refuted. as they have zero credibility and their claims are refuted.

Punk/Jericho didn’t draw 1/10th ofand didn’t get 1/10th as much mainstream attention as Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2 and WCW purchase did.

Arguing otherwise dismissed your credibility, no matter who you are, no matter what your gender is.

Your argument is refuted and nonsensical.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
You have no right to dismiss me.
You have no right to claim anything I've said is a stupid argument.
You have no authority over me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
We get it. You think that The Rock is the only superstar in history that ever drew and everyone else can suck dick. It’s fine man.

• Haha
Reactions: Brad Boyd

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
You have no right to dismiss me.
You have no right to claim anything I've said is a stupid argument.
You have no authority over me.

I do have a right to call stupid arguments... stupid.

The argument that Punk/Jericho drew as much and contributed as much as much as Chyna, McMahon storyline, WCW purchase and TLC 2 is nonsense

“ We get it. You think that The Rock is the only superstar in history that ever drew and everyone else can suck dick. It’s fine man.”

No it actually compares Austin to Hogan, Hogan drew more with Rock for Wrestlemania 18 than Austin with Rock for Wrestlemania 15 and 17.

Wrestlemania 17 was a bigger ppv but at least 200,000 buys were due to WCW purchase, McMahon storyline, Chyna and TLC 2 which were mega draws and mainstream headlines.

The only drawing factor for Wrestlemania 18 was Rock/Hogan yet it only drew 180,000 less, meaning Rock/Hogan was a bigger match.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
You have failed to refute anything, point blank.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I am going to pray for you. I thought I'd give you one last chance - to attempt to have an adult debate about wrestling topics. But I have been foolish, as once again you've resorted to insulting me when you don't agree with the points I am making.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean I don’t really think that you can say that any of those WM 17 matches are bigger than Taker/HHH. You had two of the biggest legends of all time going head to head in supposedly their last match. That seems bigger than a tag team TLC match or a shitty two minute women’s match or the McMahon storyline which featured a 55 year old Vince.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
You have failed to refute anything, point blank.

@Juice was arguing that Punk/Jericho was as much a draw and contributed as much to WM 28 as the following did for WM 17:

-WCW purchase
-TLC 2
-McMahon storyline
-Chyna

Which was easily and throughly refuted as Punk/Jericho didn’t draw even 1/10th of those and didn’t get 1/10th of the mainstream coverage those events got.

The argument was therefore refuted and nonsensical, you may not like that but it doesn’t change the concrete fact that Punk/Jericho didn’t draw 1/10th of those events.

I am going to pray for you. I thought I'd give you one last chance - to attempt to have an adult debate about wrestling topics. But I have been foolish, as once again you've resorted to insulting me when you don't agree with the points I am making.

No one insulted you, you came in here to troll and derail and I refuted your points.

Saying Punk/Jericho didn’t draw 1/10th if McMahon storyline, Chyna, TLC 2 and WCW purchase isn’t insults... it’s a fact.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
@Juice was arguing that Punk/Jericho was as much a draw and contributed as much to WM 28 as the following did for WM 17:

-WCW purchase
-TLC 2
-McMahon storyline
-Chyna

Which was easily and throughly refuted as Punk/Jericho didn’t draw even 1/10th of those and didn’t get 1/10th of the mainstream coverage those events got.

The argument was therefore refuted and nonsensical, you may not like that but it doesn’t change the concrete fact that Punk/Jericho didn’t draw 1/10th of those events.

No one insulted you, you came in here to troll and derail and I refuted your points.

Saying Punk/Jericho didn’t draw 1/10th if McMahon storyline, Chyna, TLC 2 and WCW purchase isn’t insults... it’s a fact.
She was on topic, she didn't troll anyone. You need to stop claiming people who disagree with you are trolls. Got it?

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Please don't call me a troll again. Also: I never brought up:
-WCW purchase
-TLC 2
-McMahon storyline
-Chyna

So please stop lying about what I said, I don't take kindly to written defamation.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I mean I don’t really think that you can say that any of those WM 17 matches are bigger than Taker/HHH. You had two of the biggest legends of all time going head to head in supposedly their last match. That seems bigger than a tag team TLC match or a shitty two minute women’s match or the McMahon storyline which featured a 55 year old Vince.

Taker/HHH at Wrestlemania 28 didn’t draw anywhere near as much in TV ratings or mainstream coverage as Chyna, TLC 2 McMahon storyline and Purchase of WCW.

That is one of the most ridiculous claims made in this thread.

She was on topic, she didn't troll anyone. You need to stop claiming people who disagree with you are trolls. Got it?

When you claim Punk/Jericho drew as much as Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2, and WCW purchase then either the person is playing or is completely wrong and believes what they’re saying.

She may not be a troll, but what she’s saying is 100% factually wrong, it’s disinformation and it will be called out as such.

You understand?

Please don't call me a troll again. Also: I never brought up:
-WCW purchase
-TLC 2
-McMahon storyline
-Chyna

So please stop lying about what I said, I don't take kindly to written defamation.

You’re saying that Punk/Jericho contributed to the buyrate of Wrestlemania 28, just as much as Chyna, McMahon storyline, TLC 2 and WCW purchase did for Wrestlemania 17.

That is absurd. Punk/Jericho didn’t draw 1/10th as much as and didn’t get 1/10th the mainstream attention that those events for Wrestlemania 17 did.

Punk only contributed 30,000 buys to MITB 2011 in his biggest storyline ever, he’s not responsible one bit for Rock/Cena’s Wrestlemania buyrate.

If you want to argue that he added 30,000 buys to Wrestlemania 28, then that proves me right, he didn’t contribute to that Wrestlemania 28 buyrate, he wasn’t a draw