Reviewing every WWE PPV in order from worst to best

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
My one complaint about the Jeff Hardy vs RVD match was after the ladder spot Jim Ross says "There's probably someone sitting at home and saying 'They know how to fall.' How do you learn to fall off of a 20 foot ladder?" He used that a few times over the years. They would have a rematch in a Ladder Match at Summerslam. It was not as good as this but still good.

Reactions: Jarf

Jarf

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I know what show I'll be watching next but unfortunately, something is going on with cagematch and the ratings for the show aren't showing so I can’t sort them and I don’t know if it's my browser or a problem with the site itself but until that gets fixed I won't be able to watch another show after this next one.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand it's fixed. (Smh)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Skyefire

Jarf

Reaction score
Breaking Point (2009)

1000011685.jpg

First off, just finding this show on Peacock was a pain in the ass! Normally when you type something into the search bar, it’ll come up and you can watch it. No matter what I put in, this show would not come up! So I wondered if it was even on Peacock. Oh, it’s on there, if you google search for WWE Breaking Point on Peacock, it’ll take you right to it. So why tf wouldn’t it come up?

Match 1: Unified Tag Team Championship Match - Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) def. MVP & Mark Henry (12:15)

1000011718.png

The night starts with a very meh opener. I just couldn’t get into this match. Its starts with MVP and Jericho. And Jericho retreats when Henry gets tagged in and then Big Show comes in. Him and Henry do some slow big man moves. MVP gets tagged back in and he goes at it with Jericho. Big Show tags himself in and Spears MVP. They isolate him from Henry for a bit before MVP lands on his feet on a hip toss and DDTs Jericho. He tags Henry, who tosses Jericho around and drops a splash on him. Big Show throws MVP out of the ring, and Henry throws Big Show out next. Jericho tries to hit the Codebreaker, but Henry catches him and throws him over his head. Jericho sells his knees, causing the referee to check on him. Big Show gets on the apron and knocks Henry out. Jericho crawls over to cover Henry and champs retain.

My Rating: **1/4

Match 2: United States Championship Match - Kofi Kingston (c) def. The Miz (11:57)

1000011694.jpg

I feel like I watched a different match than most users. This match has a fairly high rating with my rating being the lowest one for it so far. I was not into this match. I thought it was boring. I’ll give them this, Miz works a smart match here and controls Kofi’s high flying style. Miz just wears Kofi down the whole match and Kofi does a good job at avoiding Miz’s new finisher, the Skull Crushing Finale. Kofi reverses it 3 different times during the match. Kofi goes for the Boom Drop, but Miz gets his knees up. Kofi manages to hit the SOS and eventually the Boom Drop. Miz goes for the SCF one more time, but Kofi escapes it and sends Miz off the ropes so he can hit the Trouble in Paradise to retain.

My Rating: **3/4

Match 3: Submissions Count Anywhere Match - Legacy def. D-Generation X (21:44)

1000011689.jpg

An underrated match. I thought the action and storytelling in this match was great. During DX’s pre-match promo, the crowd chants “You screwed Bret” because they’re in Montreal. The match starts out as a brawl. They wind up in the crowd in the backstage area. DX puts Legacy in duel Figure 4s. They come back to ringside and there’s some interesting ways of applying submissions in this match. HHH pulls Cody through the opening of a sit out chair and Boston Crabs him, and Shawn comes over and puts him a Camel Clutch at the same time. DiBiase makes the save. Both teams make their way up the ramp and fight up there. Cody and Shawn go onto a balcony and Cody pushes him off. Shawn is down for a while so HHH has to fight both members of Legacy at the same time. Holding his own for a while until they go backstage. HHH puts DiBiase through a table with a spinebuster and puts Cody in the Crossface, but DiBiase saves the match by throwing a fucking cooler at HHH’s head. And Cody knocks HHH out with a chair shot to the head. Shawn tries to save HHH, but he’s too late and is ganged up on by Legacy. Shawn fights both men off for a bit. Much like their Hell in a Cell Match, Rhodes and DiBiase go with divide and conquer. Shawn hits Cody with a superkick and throws DiBiase out of the ring and puts Cody in the Figure Four. But DiBiase saves the match and Cody wraps Shawn’s knees around the ring post and puts him in the Figure 4 there, then DiBiase comes up from behind and puts Shawn in the Million Dollar Dream. So Shawn has 2 submissions applied on him, but here comes HHH down the ramp. But he’s too late and Shawn taps out to Legacy, giving them a big win.

My Rating: ****

Match 4: Singapore Cane Match - Kane def. The Great Khali (5:52)

1000011719.png

A craptastic match. They have canes sticking up out of the ring posts already because god forbid Khali has to go outside to get them. Thankfully the match doesn’t go too long but even for a quick match, it feels slow. All they do is whack each other with canes, as you would expect. There’s a couple times where Kane just watches Khali swing at him cause he’s so slow. Khali tries to put the Vice Grip on Kane, who swings behind him to hit Khali in the head. Ranjin Singh gets in and tries attacking Kane with a cane (hehe) Kane goosels him and takes it from his hand. Khali chops Kane and checks on Ranjin, but Kane whacks Khali with a cane. Kane chokeslams Khali and wins the match with that.

My Rating: *

Match 5: ECW Championship Match - Christian (c) def. William Regal (10:15)

1000011721.jpg

A pretty decent match that gets plenty of time to get a story going. The match is back and forth and both men seem to be evenly matched. Regal avoids the Killswitch 3 different times during the match. Regal is vicious in his attack, attacking with knee strikes and gross looking suplexes. Christian bounces off the middle rope and sunset flips Regal. Regal rolls through and knees Christian in the face. 2nd attempt at the Killswitch, Regal reverses into a Regal Plex. Christian kicks out. Some more back and forth and Regal gets increasingly irritated he can't beat Christian. Regal shoves Christian throat first in the middle rope and goes for a running knee to the face, but Christian dodges and hits Regal with the Killswitch to finally retain his title.

My Rating: ***1/4

Match 6: WWE Championship I Quit Match - John Cena def. Randy Orton (c) (19:48)

1000011692.png

Wow. What a match this was. The pace is incredibly slow but the psychology is amazing. And from a character standpoint, I think this was a perfect match to showcase what sets them apart. Cena being the resilient superman (sometimes irritatingly so) and Orton being the sadistic bastard he is (especially at this time). Cena gets to a quick start, but Orton soon turns this match into a torture scene. Cena took an RKO on a chair on Raw so he comes into this match with a head injury and Orton goes after that the most. Over and over. And every time Cena says he doesn’t quit, Orton gets more and more pissed off. Draping DDT, a steel chair, the steel steps. Orton stomps Cena’s head into the steps. Orton brings out a pair of cuffs and wears the key around his neck like a necklace. He cuffs both of Cena’s hand and drapes it around the top of the ring post, forcing Cena to sit there as Orton attacks him more and more, almost to the point of passing out. Orton grabs a bottle of water and splashes Cena in the face, saying “YOU AIN’T PASSING OUT ON ME BOY!” The referee asks Cena if he quits and Cena responds by spraying Orton’s face with a mouthful of water… And Orton decides that Cena needs to suffer. He grabs a kendo stick and wails Cena with it repeatedly. Orton chokes Cena with the cane, but Cena kicks Orton in the junk and manages to get off the ring post. But Orton grabs a chair and whacks Cena in the head with it. Orton cuffs Cena to one of the turnbuckles and beats him over the back with the chair. Cena backdrops Orton on the floor and grabs the key from around his neck and with a shaky hand frees himself. Then Cena cuffs Orton’s wrist, connecting them together. Cena beats Orton around the ring before throwing him in the ring. Orton gets one last shot on Cena with an RKO, but he realizes the key is gone from around his neck. He spots it from across the ring and tries to drag Cena’s 250 frame across the ring. Cena stops him from reaching the key and gets Orton in the STF, wrapping Orton's own arm across his face using the cuffs which gets Orton to say I Quit. That's my one problem with this match. This was a hell of a match!

My Rating: ****

Main Event: World Heavyweight Championship Submission Match - CM Punk (c) def. The Undertaker (10:54)

1000011693.jpg

This show would've been better off with Cena and Orton going last because this match stunk. Unlike the Cell Match they had that everyone thinks is a squash, this match is actually a squash. And yet the guy who gets squashed still "wins." I say win with quotes because the match has a fucked finish. Literally, Undertaker just bullies Punk. Punk gets a couple shots in, but most of the match is Undertaker throwing Punk around the ring and its so boring. Very bad way to end the show. And it only gets worse. Undertaker puts Punk in the Hell’s Gate and Punk taps out pretty much immediately. Undertaker starts to celebrate, but Teddy Long’s music hits and declares that Vickie Guerrero banned the Hell’s Gate a year ago and said ban is still in effect. And so he restarts the match. Punk tries getting the drop on Taker, but Taker gets the upper hand and tries for the Last Ride, but Punk lands behind Taker and chop blocks him before putting Undertaker in the Anaconda Vice… and the referee calls for the bell. But Undertaker doesn’t tap… And the show ends on a confusing note. A shitty, gross, terribly confusing note. Why is it that whenver WWE was in Montreal, they had to reference the screwjob.

My Rating: **

Cagematch Rating: 6.21

My Rating: 5.5/10

2 great matches and a decent one get this show higher than most I’ve seen. But the bad matches plus that ending doesn’t help it. While the main event isn’t what determines a good or bad show, it is the main thing I tend to take into account and if the main event sucks, it tends to leave a sour taste in my mouth, especially when it has such a shitty ending.

Reactions: Chris