Raw Supershow becoming 3 hours permanently

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
John Cena tweeted the following message regarding a major change to WWE's flagship Monday night show.

"STARTING Monday Night July 23 @USA_NETWORK WILL BE ADDING A 3RD HOUR TO @WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW - PERMANENTLY. #3hourRaw"

The July 23rd show will be RAW's 1,000th episode.

The announcement of RAW moving to 3-hours every week is now on WWE.com as well.

It was recently reported that WWE's weekly RAW tapings would be starting close to an hour earlier - and this news explains why. No word yet on whether the extra hour will be the rumored RAW pre-show.

Credit to pwpix.net

Oh this just can't go well

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I can't even sit through two hours of their Monday night crap and they're going to add a third? Oh, WWE, you make me laugh.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I can't barely get past the first hour. WCW tried to implement the 3-hour format for Nitro, but it ended up with mixed results. Why would it be any different for Raw?

The Viper

Reaction score
Didn't necessarily work for Nitro in 99-00..........

.....I'm sure it'll work for Raw in 2012. >.>

But I am looking forward to seeing if they don't treat it like their 3 hour Raw specials lately. All filler, no killer.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I can't barely get past the first hour. WCW tried to implement the 3-hour format for Nitro, but it ended up with mixed results. Why would it be any different for Raw?

Actually worked wonders for Nitro. All the crap on it would have been on the two-hour show but the extra hour was usually undercard talent that never got to shine before.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Didn't necessarily work for Nitro in 99-00..........

.....I'm sure it'll work for Raw in 2012. >.>

But I am looking forward to seeing if they don't treat it like their 3 hour Raw specials lately. All filler, no killer.

Read my above post. Also the three hours stopped once Russo took over so no 3-hour shows in 2000.

The Viper

Reaction score
Read my above post. Also the three hours stopped once Russo took over so no 3-hour shows in 2000.

Oh well whatevs. I saw an episode of Nitro that was 3 hours and it pretty painful. Felt like it just went on and on and on. I'm sorry. I know you love WCW but I just couldn't handle it :lol:

Although, not trying to sound biased or a WWE mark. This isn't the greatest decision in the world either but I'm optimistic.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I like this honestly, I enjoy Raw lately and look forward to it each week so I'm all for it I don't care what any of the rest of you think on the deal.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Maybe they'll actually devote some time to the lower card. Hell maybe they'll bring back the cruiserweight title. There's enough talent. I don't even try to predict WWE anymore so we will see where this leads

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh well whatevs. I saw an episode of Nitro that was 3 hours and it pretty painful. Felt like it just went on and on and on. I'm sorry. I know you love WCW but I just couldn't handle it :lol:

Although, not trying to sound biased or a WWE mark. This isn't the greatest decision in the world either but I'm optimistic.
I'm sure it did but if you cut the third hour off of one of those shows you watched, it would have been the Norman Smiley match or the Fit Finley match or the Ultimo Dragon match that gets cut, I guarantee you would've been bored anyway.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Maybe they'll actually devote some time to the lower card. Hell maybe they'll bring back the cruiserweight title. There's enough talent. I don't even try to predict WWE anymore so we will see where this leads

Bringing the Cruiserweight title would be almost as dumb as bringing back the Hardcore title. They don't need more belts that don't get any respect on the show, they need less.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Bringing the Cruiserweight title would be almost as dumb as bringing back the Hardcore title. They don't need more belts that don't get any respect on the show, they need less.

Bringing back the title will give the undercard some TV time.

Starting with the historic 1,000th episode of Raw on July 23, The WWE Universe will have new ways to get involved in the show through WWE.com and social media by deciding matches, stipulations, Superstar development and more.

Wwe.com

Yeah so the universe gets to decide everything and the creative team will just go along with what the viewers want. Oh boy this should be good

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why do people always hate on the Cruiserweight title? :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Why do people always hate on the Cruiserweight title? :lol:

They're all better wrestlers than half the fucking roster. :lol: but seriously WWE has enough talent to do it

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Bringing back the title will give the undercard some TV time.
Um, the undercard already has tv time, its called NXT. Now that its merged with FCW they'll get even more chance to be exposed. They also have more than enough for the new guys on Raw and SD to do and they certainly don't need another title. It doesn't always have to be about title and to be honest, WWE doesn't really give a crap about them anyhow. They aren't even referred to as "belts" anymore (by way of an edict from Vince).

#HEEL said:
Why do people always hate on the Cruiserweight title?
I don't hate on the title, I just know full well what will happen if it comes back. It will be all "ooh and ahh" for two month's before it ends up on Hornswoggle.