RAW 30/01/12 Live Discussion Thread (RTWM, Royal Rumble Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
RE: RAW 30/01/12 Live Discussion Thread (Road to WRESTLEMANIA)

seabs said:
I struggle to see your point. Randy has had strong booking for the majority of his career and is a top babyface. Look at when he feuded with the Nexus every week he punted one of them. A 5 man group he took them apart.

Yes, but when he did do all that, it didn't really change his fan base.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

seabs said:
I struggle to see your point. Randy has had strong booking for the majority of his career and is a top babyface. Look at when he feuded with the Nexus every week he punted one of them. A 5 man group he took them apart.

Nexus was a lost cause then though. Was there way of ending something that shouldn't of started (the new Nexus).

Orton putting Henry & Barrett over recently is something I'd like to see more of. It hasn't damaged Orton, he still gets pop of the night most nights.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Crayo said:
Nexus was a lost cause then though. Was there way of ending something that shouldn't of started (the new Nexus).

Orton putting Henry & Barrett over recently is something I'd like to see more of. It hasn't damaged Orton, he still gets pop of the night most nights.

I'm not doubting it at all. Randy is beyond being affected by any kind of booking he's that over but he got over due to being so protected. It's the same situation to Sheamus now. He needs to be protected so he can put people over further down the line. That's the problem with people like Jericho it's great he wants to put people over but it lacks meaning at times but when someone beats HHH it makes them a star.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

seabs said:
I'm not doubting it at all. Randy is beyond being affected by any kind of booking he's that over but he got over due to being so protected. It's the same situation to Sheamus now. He needs to be protected so he can put people over further down the line. That's the problem with people like Jericho it's great he wants to put people over but it lacks meaning at times. Take HHH for example when someone beats him you know they're going to be a star.

Good point, there was a period on RAW where Orton was doing the same as Sheamus. But he sold, I always thought Orton even when burying was actually helping the opponent at some point. Sheamus hasn't so far, needs to work on selling. Also, Orton is a legitimate top star. Years of building and was the 2nd biggest name. Sheamus has been in WWE 2 years? Already a 2 time WWE Champion, US Champion & Royal Rumble winner.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Also, another thing we have seen is Kharma.. Will she come back to RAW and challenge Beth Phoenix for the Divas Championship? She's a fricken beat, right @[seabs]?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Crayo said:
Good point, there was a period on RAW where Orton was doing the same as Sheamus. But he sold, I always thought Orton even when burying was actually helping the opponent at some point. Sheamus hasn't so far, needs to work on selling. Also, Orton is a legitimate top star. Years of building and was the 2nd biggest name. Sheamus has been in WWE 2 years? Already a 2 time WWE Champion, US Champion & Royal Rumble winner.

He has been booked too strong with his credentials but that's the way Vince makes people now a days. The slow burn push is dead.

@[RKO] Kharma is a monster she should be the staple of the divas division imo.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Her and Beth could bring back the Divas again. Kharma would destroy Phoenix though IMO.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

seabs said:
He has been booked too strong with his credentials but that's the way Vince makes people now a days. The slow burn push is dead.

@[RKO] Kharma is a monster she should be the staple of the divas division imo.

Agreed, that doesn't make it right. We shouldn't just accept that. Miz' slow burn push is a perfect example of how it should be done. Or Rhodes now. Both of them get great reactions from crowds. Del Rio is a perfect example of the in too deep too fast quote. Sheamus was getting dead reactions in his first couple runs too, not as bad but still no one was interested.

The guy is over though I'll give him that. Vince will never change, and I doubt HHH will when he takes over, lol.

Agreed on Kharma, she's an absolute beast. Love her.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Kharma an Beth will be great!

an yup we have to jus lump it slow burn pushes are most likely to stop happenin!

isn't sheamus the fastest wwe champion ever?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Cloud said:
Kharma an Beth will be great!

an yup we have to jus lump it slow burn pushes are most likely to stop happenin!

isn't sheamus the fastest wwe champion ever?

I think Brock won it quicker. Also Flair in 92 is a possibility.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

seabs said:
I think Brock won it quicker. Also Flair in 92 is a possibility.

might be youngest then thought he had a record for something tho!

@[Crayo] do you kno?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

I thought it was fastest too. Not youngest, Orton holds that.

Edit: Sheamus is 2nd fastest, Brock first.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Crayo said:
I thought it was fastest too. Not youngest, Orton holds that.

Edit: Sheamus is 2nd fastest, Brock first.

fair enough im sure on wwe11 they said he was the fastest!

happy if its lesnar tho!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Shouldn't Flair be close to Sheamus ? He won the rumble for the belt in January after debuting sometime in August.