RAW 30/01/12 Live Discussion Thread (RTWM, Royal Rumble Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
RE: RAW 30/01/12 Live Discussion Thread (Road to WRESTLEMANIA)

Saylor said:
I do understand that but it's not the same for Smackdown as Smackdown has low ratings so they need quiet a few established faces on there. I feel Sheamus is becoming a good established face but he seems like the unstoppable Cena.

To make a big face you don't need to bury anyone. Punk is arguably the most over superstar in WWE, he's buried no one. In fact, he was buried by HHH just this summer.

No need for a superman gimmick.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

Crayo said:
Sheamus has never been a mid-carder, his first run on RAW was a title match. He was at one point US champion yes, but they sold it as a bad run for Sheamus. This may benefit him, but it squashes everyone around him. 75% hate HHH, a legendary superstar, why? Because he loves to bury. It's not wise to create another.

Like I said, I have no problem with Sheamus. He's an above-average wrestler, he's got a nice aggressive style, but he doesn't sell at all. His superman gimmick is just the most annoying thing in the world. I hate the booking, not the superstar.

But was eliminated after 3 minutes. Sucks right? :(

I agree. The booking isn't the best but he's not hogging the main event spot like someone's said.

Cloud said:
@[Saylor] Which is what annoys me its his gimmick i dont like! im basically in agreement with @[Crayo]

I fully understand.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Sheamus has the build type of a superman though. Not to mention, his in ring skills are beast. I like the Irish Curse backbreaker.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Crayo said:
To make a big face you don't need to bury anyone. Punk is arguably the most over superstar in WWE, he's buried no one. In fact, he was buried by HHH just this summer.

No need for a superman gimmick.

Punk is the exception not the rule though. Similar to the Rock.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

RKO said:
Sheamus has the build type of a superman though. Not to mention, his in ring skills are beast. I like the Irish Curse backbreaker.

I quiet like him. He's like a warrior. He's got good in ring skill, defiantly see a real bright future for him.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

seabs said:
Punk is the exception not the rule though. Similar to the Rock.

Disagree. It can easily work without squashing. If you're charismatic, you can get over. Sheamus is proof of that. People like his qwerky stories, look, charisma etc. Punk's the same, but it's more towards his attitude, mic skills, charisma, personality.

Gimmicks is 80% of the battle in my opinion. Miz got over in a feud with Jerry Lawler? Miz was the #1 heel, when he had to have a Cole interference to actually retain against Lawler. I honestly don't think the treatment Sheamus is getting is necessary in the slightest.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Sheamus is the kind of guy that does well as Face and Heel. His skill level doesn't change. He's extremely talented.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Saylor said:
I quiet like him. He's like a warrior. He's got good in ring skill, defiantly see a real bright future for him.

i like him as a wrestler he's fairly entertaining! if they put him in some wars an he doesnt jus steamroll over ppl my opinion will change!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Cloud said:
i like him as a wrestler he's fairly entertaining! if they put him in some wars an he doesnt jus steamroll over ppl my opinion will change!

Definitely. The tough brawler who comes to fight and won't back down. That's even better than his current gimmick. Cena actually sells better.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

Cloud said:

Yeah, they should give the other guy a chance and get an upperhand at one stage, but Sheamus victorious but both having beating each other a lot. This would help his opponent aswell as him.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Crayo said:
Disagree. It can easily work without squashing. If you're charismatic, you can get over. Sheamus is proof of that. People like his qwerky stories, look, charisma etc. Punk's the same, but it's more towards his attitude, mic skills, charisma, personality.

Gimmicks is 80% of the battle in my opinion. Miz got over in a feud with Jerry Lawler? Miz was the #1 heel, when he had to have a Cole interference to actually retain against Lawler. I honestly don't think the treatment Sheamus is getting is necessary in the slightest.

You can get over but you can't become a top babyface without dominating people. Take Austin for example how often did he run out and clear a ring of 5 plus people with stunners? Hogan did it and Cena too. It's very rare someone gets over enough to be the top babyface without casualties.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Crayo said:
Definitely. The tough brawler who comes to fight and won't back down. That's even better than his current gimmick. Cena actually sells better.

exactly my point buddy!

:thumbup:

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

@[seabs] Orton dominates, and puts people over all the time.. He doesn't draw in very well.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

seabs said:
You can get over but you can't become a top babyface without dominating people. Take Austin for example how often did he run out and clear a ring of 5 plus people with stunners? Hogan did it and Cena too. It's very rare someone gets over enough to be the top babyface without casualties.

Times have changed though in my opinion. Back then, the Austin gimmick was so revolutionary people were incredibly entertained seeing someone get stunned. The fanbase now I'm telling you will turn on Sheamus just like Cena. At least give Sheamus more mic time. Just something that will push him away from the HHH similarity.

You can't tell me as a watcher of SmackDown, you enjoy his segments squashing Mahal every week, or Miz or only losing to Barrett by like multiple interference's? Maybe you do, it's all opinion at the end of the day. I just feel like they're wasting a good chance for an original gimmick with a talented superstar like Sheamus.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

RKO said:
@[seabs] Orton dominates, and puts people over all the time.. He doesn't draw in very well.

I struggle to see your point. Randy has had strong booking for the majority of his career and is a top babyface. Look at when he feuded with the Nexus every week he punted one of them. A 5 man group he took them apart.