RAW 30/01/12 Live Discussion Thread (RTWM, Royal Rumble Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
RE: RAW 30/01/12 Live Discussion Thread (Road to WRESTLEMANIA)

You're depressed? I'm depressed that I got eliminated by you!!! D:

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

RKO said:
You're depressed? I'm depressed that I got eliminated by you!!! D:

A handful of people thought Randy Orton was going to win, but when he got eliminated the gates had opened.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Saylor said:
C'mon, it's going to be alright. He's going to go off and feud CM Punk one way or another. Should be good. This just gives Sheamus something to do and since he's young talent, it's good for him to have Royal Rumble under his belt. Don't know what to think at the moment, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to have a fresh brain and shit's going to pour into my head about tonight's PPV.

But @[Saylor] Sheamus is bein made into Superman like Cena was an look how bored we became of him until this Kane feud!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Saylor said:
C'mon, it's going to be alright. He's going to go off and feud CM Punk one way or another. Should be good. This just gives Sheamus something to do and since he's young talent, it's good for him to have Royal Rumble under his belt. Don't know what to think at the moment, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to have a fresh brain and shit's going to pour into my head about tonight's PPV.

I'd have no problem with Sheamus winning, if he wasn't booked as a pale HHH. He sells nothing, he helps no one. He's a good wrestler, but after matches you just think the opposition has been buried, remind you of anyone?

Sheamus could be completely original with his irish stories, badass sort of look. But he's not, he's HHH v2 with the John Cena superman gimmick. That's why it's a waste in my opinion of course. The guy is really over, so it does make sense.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

Cloud said:
But @[Saylor] Sheamus is bein made into Superman like Cena was an look how bored we became of him until this Kane feud!

I understand what you're saying but Smackdown needs a few big faces. They've only really got Big Show which sucks, Sheamus and Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan's slowly turning into a heel or is already a heel.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Cloud said:

How many world title matches has Sheamus been in this year? He's nothing like Cena because he's not hogging up the main event.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Saylor said:
I understand what you're saying but Smackdown needs a few big faces. They've only really got Big Show which sucks, Sheamus and Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan's slowly turning into a heel or is already a heel.

That's already more faces than RAW, lol.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

Crayo said:
I'd have no problem with Sheamus winning, if he wasn't booked as a pale HHH. He sells nothing, he helps no one. He's a good wrestler, but after matches you just think the opposition has been buried, remind you of anyone?

Sheamus could be completely original with his irish stories, badass sort of look. But he's not, he's HHH v2 with the John Cena superman gimmick. That's why it's a waste in my opinion of course. The guy is really over, so it does make sense.

I understand what you're trying to say but it's for the benefit of him. He's a strong midcarder now and is going to basically be a Maineventer, I kinda like his attitude but don't like him cause he doesn't lose, however it's just the way it is. There's also going to be one or two of them in the roster.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Randy Orton had the most croud hype and fan base at the royal rumble than anyone else... Including Cena and Y2J.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Saylor said:

i see ur point but with all the crossover between shows does it matter what brand ppl are on really? as u see all the big names week in week out!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

RKO said:
Randy Orton had the most croud hype and fan base at the royal rumble than anyone else... Including Cena and Y2J.

It was also his home town lol.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Saylor said:
I understand what you're trying to say but it's for the benefit of him. He's a strong midcarder now and is going to basically be a Maineventer, I kinda like his attitude but don't like him cause he doesn't lose, however it's just the way it is. There's also going to be one or two of them in the roster.

Sheamus has never been a mid-carder, his first run on RAW was a title match. He was at one point US champion yes, but they sold it as a bad run for Sheamus. This may benefit him, but it squashes everyone around him. 75% hate HHH, a legendary superstar, why? Because he loves to bury. It's not wise to create another.

Like I said, I have no problem with Sheamus. He's an above-average wrestler, he's got a nice aggressive style, but he doesn't sell at all. His superman gimmick is just the most annoying thing in the world. I hate the booking, not the superstar.

RKO said:

But was eliminated after 3 minutes. Sucks right? :(

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

Cloud said:
i see ur point but with all the crossover between shows does it matter what brand ppl are on really? as u see all the big names week in week out!

I do understand that but it's not the same for Smackdown as Smackdown has low ratings so they need quiet a few established faces on there. I feel Sheamus is becoming a good established face but he seems like the unstoppable Cena.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

So what do you guys think will happen on Monday Night RAW tomorrow with Sheamus? Will he pick Punk or Bryan? My guess is Bryan.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Saylor said:
I do understand that but it's not the same for Smackdown as Smackdown has low ratings so they need quiet a few established faces on there. I feel Sheamus is becoming a good established face but he seems like the unstoppable Cena.

@[Saylor] Which is what annoys me its his gimmick i dont like! im basically in agreement with @[Crayo]