Rate the wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Rob Terry isn't a horrible worker, atleast hes improved since first coming to TNA, he went from losing a world title shot in 9 seconds to having the longest reign with the Global/Legends title in TNA history.

KAYFABE KAYFABE KAYFABE you dumb prick. You cannot be serious.

Please someone bring back that kayfabe section and lock Adam in there along with John. They'll be right at fucking home.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Still, that showed TNA had faith in Rob Terry as a worker, I know what kayfabe is you idiot, but titles and how good the worker is actually does play a factor, can you see someone like Lacey Von Erich ever winning a singles title anywhere? anytime soon?

Axis

Reaction score
2010 TNA having faith in a worker does NOT make them a good wrestler. The fact that TNA is pushing him is actually a pretty strong case for him being shit. If you want to learn, do not post. Read, and watch.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

Veritas

Reaction score
Mike Awesome

Really entertaining to watch in ECW where he could play the big man to most of the roster. Quick and agile for a guy his size and had the stamina to wrestle some really hard hitting, fast paced matches. His runs in WCW and The E were less than spectacular but anyone who remembers the Awesome that Heyman built will likely have a smile on their faces.

Next: Tracey Smothers

pumpt73

Reaction score
Ken Shamrock 7.5/10. Fans often forget that before Kenny ever stepped into a WWE ring and the UFC Octagon, he had already been a professional wrestler with South Atlantic Pro Wrestling. Shamrock was trained for the business by Buzz Sawyer and Nelson Royal. I liked Ken. He had a very believable gimmick when he came to the WWF from the UFC and Pancrase. He had a solid look to him as well. As we all know the guy is always in shape. He attained numerous championships including the NWA World Heavyweight championship when it made it's way to TNA. The thing that soured me on Ken was the "snapping" thing. Making him look crazy wasn't needed, but I understood it. During the time frame he needed a little something extra, and that may have been it. The guy is a true athlete that has come full circle. He recently won his first bout in almost 2 years against MMA journeyman, Jonathan Ivey. Nothing impressive, but at Ken's age, he can still go. Granted he's not on UFC level, but people still know the name of one of the founding fathers of American MMA.

Next: The Sheik (Ed Farhat)

Reaction score
^^^Pumpt, you're probably the only dude that knows enough about Sheik to truly rate him. I've seen some of his stuff against Abby and Tiger Jeet Singh but not enough to rate him. I understand his importance to the brawling style of wrestling(still behind guys like Funk, Abby and muthafuckin Bruiser Brody), the Detroit territory and being a heel in general. Knowing what I know, and again, that is limited, I put Sheik at a solid seven.

I'm going to throw out a name that Pumpt mentioned; Buzz Sawyer.

And seriously, making broad generalizations doesn't mask the fact that some people have no fucking clue what they're talking about. So if you don't know what you're talking about, stay the fuck out of the sand box.

shimr

Reaction score
No one else : The most deserving wrestler is Randy Orton :)

pumpt73

Reaction score
Pretty dead on Enzo about the Sheik. The guy was ahead of his time. He knew how to draw massive heat. I've heard the story about him and Lou Thesz so many times it makes me laugh. He ran Detroit so well. It's one of the few old NWA territories where it's hard to find footage. In fact the best I've seen in a collection is the film, I Like To Hurt People which I was lucky enough to score a copy of. One of the greatest rule breakers of all time. If you can ever find the film it's pretty funny. It's got Andre when he was just starting out, Abby is on it, and there's a match between Sheik and a young Terry Funk, also a tag match with Sheik and Abby vs. Terry and Dory. Also a young slim and trim version of Dusty Rhodes.

Buzz Sawyer 7.5 I really enjoyed Sawyer when I watched him in WCCW. He formed a pretty solid tag team with Matt Borne, which I would have liked to have seen go a bit further. I think the thing that held him back was his drug issues. I've read several times where he had a knack for partying. I have Skandar Akbar's ROH Straight Shootin dvd, and Akbar aknowledges it. Pretty good watch for 2 bucks.

Next: Dory Funk Jr.

Veritas

Reaction score
I remember the first PPV I ever saw as a kid was WCW Slamboree '93: A Legend's Reunion. At the time when I watched it, I didn't care about the 15 minute draw Dory Funk Jr and Nick Bockwinkel wrestled - they were just two old guys and it bored me. When I got older and actually grew to appreciate a good match I saw that match for what it truly was - a clinic. Based on that match and a few of the Funk Bros matches I've seen from Japan, I have to give Dory a 8/10. He was a fantastic wrestler and a solid all around performer.

I actually got to speak with Dory Jr one time to do an interview for one of a million internet radio shows. Very polite, cordial man. He even complimented me on the amount of research we put into the interview beforehand when a few of the questions caught him a little off gaurd.

How about a tag team next: The Bushwackers

Airfixx

Reaction score
LOL.... I'm just working my way through a shoot with them atm.... Didn't realise they were once proto-hardcore heels!

I only really know their work from the WWF... I guess I'd give them a 6.5 (Over, performed well etc.), but even way back then I was too old for their schtick to actually like them.

So, Enzo/Pump... Over to ya'll for the full S.P.! ;o]

pumpt73

Reaction score
The Bushwackers Id give them a 7. Now by no means were Luke and Butch mat technicians, but they had one of the most well known and well remembered charcters of all time. I knew people who weren't wrestling fans who knew who Hulk Hogan was, but they also knew about "those two guys who yelled whoa and licked each others scalp"!!! When they hit the WWF, my jaw dropped because they were babyfaces. I was stunned that this was the same team known as the Sheepherders that I had watched in Bill Watt's Mid South/UWF promotion. On top of that, they were dang scary as heels. They would beat the dog out of people. Then Vince flips the script and puts them as faces. Amazing. I would have never thought it would ever work. I don't think most WWF fans at the time had even seen them work elsewhere. One of those teams that never needed a title to get over with the fans.

Lets stay in the tag team ranks.

Next: Jay and Mark Briscoe

bigdog4215

Reaction score
The briscoes are a great wrestling tag team,they remind me of the lod with power based tag team wrestling.I think they would be a great heel tag team because of their of smashmouth style wrestling.I'm fairly new to roh so I wouldn't know if they were ever heels before but roh doesn't have the largest tag division so I think their they are fine as faces in roh.Anywhere else besides roh I think being heel would the best way to get them over but I would rate them 8 out 10.

McFly...

Reaction score
Hey, now you get to choose a wrestler for someone to rate. Im bored so I want to rate somebody.