Raise your hand if....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
John Cena isn't stupid. He knew before anyone else did that his limited moves in 2005 wasn't going to last long. He has become a great wrestler, even though I've always thought he had freakishly large hands for a guy not named Big Show.

noumenon

I'm not saying the PPV will be bad, I don't think that's the case at all. I'm just saying it really doesn't have the Wrestlemania feel to it this year. Perhaps once (if) I sit down and rent it and start watching it will finally start to excite me.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I disagree with everything you say. This card has been built superbly, easily the best built Mania since 20 and almost every match sans the Women's and MITB have been built well, even the tag match has been built well for three weeks build and a thrown together tag team.

Cena-Batista: Their match at SummerSlam was good. And nobody not named Shawn Michaels rises to the occasion in a big match better than Cena. And when Batista is motivated he has some moments. It'll be fine for sure.

Jericho-Edge: First of all, what are you talking about Edge a sloppy as fuck worker? He was fucking tits from 07-09, his matches with Taker was absolutely sick shit and he was the go-to guy on SD!. His Last Man Standing Match with Cena was great and that Ladder Match he had with Hardy was awesome. So, umm what defines a trainwreck to you, because if Edge does, your standards are that of God himself. So, he hasn't been that great since his injury, but he hasn't had to be. He's working with the best pro in the E and when he needs to shine, he does, his character is of no consequence of his inring work, only the end result. But if you think he has always been a sloppy as fuck worker, you need to defend such a staunch comment. The only thing you have a legit gripe about is the "SPEARSPEARSPEAR" thing, that is some lousy and lazy booking.

Bret-Vince: Of course it's not supposed to be good. It's a fifty year old man who has suffered a stroke and a 60 something year old megalomaniac. But you know what, people said Hogan-Vince was going to stink the joint up, but it was the fuckin surprise gem of the card. But besides that, it's not about the match quality, its about the spectacle, the history, the screwjob. It was booked really loose at first, but the past few weeks it picked up and it will certainly suffice to all those hungry to see Bret gain his revenge.

Taker-HBK: So what if we've seen it all before, two guys wrestling eachother for the second time in twelve years is hardly overkill. There aren't very many marquee matches left in the E, let alone the two workers who personify WrestleMania the most; Mr. WrestleMania and the man with the 17-0 undefeated streak. Plus this actually seems to be the most unpredictable of Taker's Mania matches yet with HBK's career being on the line and all. And of course they're going to tear the joint down. And honestly, this should go on last, so whatever title match doesn't get the Trips-Randy experience from last year.

I just don't understand your gripes, they seem purely out of dissatisfaction, and there is nothing wrong with that at all, but you are in the extreme minority on this one. The way it looks, it appears to be the best booked mainstream wrestling from North America in atleast 5 years.

this ^^^

I am and have been excited all week i cant wait for 2nite Ive got my redbull chilling so i can stay awake till 4am(not that il need it when mania kick off) my chilli heat wave doritos,my cookies and my soco and coke. 1am cant come fast enough for me

The Rated R CMStar

I'm not saying the PPV will be bad, I don't think that's the case at all. I'm just saying it really doesn't have the Wrestlemania feel to it this year. Perhaps once (if) I sit down and rent it and start watching it will finally start to excite me.

Saying the PPV would be bad would have made more sense than that.

maty619

Reaction score
this ^^^

I am and have been excited all week i cant wait for 2nite Ive got my redbull chilling so i can stay awake till 4am(not that il need it when mania kick off) my chilli heat wave doritos,my cookies and my soco and coke. 1am cant come fast enough for me

I would do that if I didn't have school but I do and there is no way I can stay up till 4 or whatever time it finishes:(. Why can't PPVs be on Saturdays?!

kingovkings

Reaction score
I would do that if I didn't have school but I do and there is no way I can stay up till 4 or whatever time it finishes:(. Why can't PPVs be on Saturdays?!

I got to be up at 6.30 to get kids ready for school and go to gym before work lol. No way im not staying up and watching it.

A few big cans of redbull will sort me out and get me through the day il just have an early night mon nite, Thats if i dont think raw will be any gud other wise it will be another late nite :).

Reaction score
I've never been happier to be off tomorrow. That's the beauty of working a rotating schedule. Sure, I have to work every other weekend, but I also have two, 3 day weekends a month.

maty619

Reaction score
@KingovKings. Wow your crazy! I do have a ltr bottle of Red Rooster but I get tired enough when I get to sleep at 12, I have a conflict of interests here. What time does it start 12 or 1, I saw on a website they are starting streaming at 1am but I'm sure it usually starts at 12.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
You forgot WRESTLEMANIA was tomorrow. I know I did.

What terrible build for their biggest event of the year. Anyone else as unexcited for this PPV as I am?

Me. I forgot it was tonight. I'm just not that excited for it. The match I look forward the most is usually MitB, but with Drew looking like the one that's going to win, I don't want to see that either. I'll read reports on the ppv, but I doubt I'll watch or download any matches. And that's even if I remember that there a ppv in the morning. It's not so much that the build up has been bad (while most are questionable) it's more that I'm just not excited for wrestling as a whole.

TK.GFX

Reaction score