R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;0Wa86zSm4DU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wa86zSm4DU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Chris Brown goes off on Fox News <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">RT @chrisbrown: People really should grow up sometimes! I guess the next story they make up will say "chris brown paid the fans to come! #stopit5 hahaha.

RT @chrisbrown: All the real political issues in the world should be your focus!!! My music is to help you get through ya day and be positive.

RT @chrisbrown: I get it though! They are upset at the fact that the today show actually focuses on talent instead of an almost 3 year old incident!

RT @chrisbrown: Running bogus and pointless stories don't matter! My fans prove that everyday and the haters just look old as F**k ! </td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
Chris Brown and Meagan Good Join Cast of Steve Harvey's Film "THINK LIKE A MAN" <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Los Angeles, CA (July 14, 2011) – Production for THINK LIKE A MAN has begun in Los Angeles, CA. The highly-anticipated comedy is an adaptation of comedian and nationally-syndicated radio host Steve Harvey’s New York Times best-selling book, Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man.

In the film, four interconnected and diverse friends have their love lives shaken up after the women they are pursuing buy Steve Harvey’s book and start taking his advice to heart. When the band of brothers find out that they have been betrayed by one of their own, they conspire to use the book’s teachings to turn the tables.

The film stars Chris Brown (Takers, This Christmas), Michael Ealy (Takers, For Colored Girls), Jerry Ferrara (Entourage), Meagan Good (Jumping The Broom, Stomp The Yard), Regina Hall (Scary Movie, Law Abiding Citizen), Kevin Hart (Death At A Funeral, Not Easily Broken), Taraji P. Henson (Hustle & Flow, Karate Kid), Terrance J (BET’s 106 & Park, Stomp The Yard: Homecoming), Romany Malco (40 Year Old Virgin, No Ordinary Family), Gary Owen (Little Man, Daddy Day Care) and Gabrielle Union (Cadillac Records, Bad Boys II) featuring Lala Vazquez (Two Can Play That Game) and Arielle Kebbel (Vampire Diaries, The Uninvited).

Tim Story (Fantastic Four, Barbershop) will direct. Will Packer (Stomp The Yard, Obsessed, Takers) will produce via his Rainforest Films banner. “Steve Harvey has established himself as one of the funniest and most insightful voices in America. That coupled with an incredible cast makes this an exciting venture,” says Packer.

The screenplay was written by Keith Merryman & David A. Newman. Steve Harvey, Rushion McDonald and Rob Hardy will executive produce. THINK LIKE A MAN is scheduled for release on April 6, 2012.

Kairi

Reaction score

Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">S2S Publisher Jamie Foster Brown talks to Nivea about her baby daddies, her children and her career in the August 2011 issue. Get an excerpt below.

Jamie: Are you going to do a reality show?
Nivea: Honestly, I’ve been approached but I wasn’t interested because, like I’ve been saying, I’m a very private person. And on some real, it ain’t even about the kids and all that; it’s about that I don’t think people are ready for my kind of real. (laughs) I’m not trying to “be” a certain way; I’m just passionate about whatever I’m talking about and what I’m doing, and people tend to use that against you. And I’m not ready for that type of backlash ‘cause I’d wanna fight everybody. Like, “What’d you say?!”

Jamie: (laughs)

Nivea: (laughs) You can’t do that. So I am considering the ones who are interested in following my comeback. My musical journey? Let’s do it! But in my house and around my children, I’m not comfortable with that type of exposure at all.

Jamie: Is it hard dating in the music world? Do you have a significant other now?
Nivea: I’m dating, yea. But he’s not in the music industry, thank you Lord! (laughs)

Jamie: This is pretty serious then?
Nivea: It’s been a minute, and we are really good friends and that’s the most important thing. But it ain’t no marriage and all this and that. This is my friend for life, and that’s the most important thing.

Get more from Nivea in the August 2011 issue of Sister 2 Sister.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
Queen of Hip-Hop Soul Mary J. Blige is quite the busy woman. While just recently announcing the preparation of her 10th studio album My Life II: The Journey Continues (due fall 2011), news has surfaced the singer has been tapped to play alongside Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin in a movie adaptation of the famed Broadway musical ‘Rock of Ages’ (due 2012).
See what else the ‘Someone To Love Me’ has in store for the big screen in 2012 after the jump:

Via Essence:
[Mary J. Blige's] still prepping for her role as Nina Simone in the legendary singer’s forthcoming biopic.
“I have a lot of YouTube of her and I just watch her, study her, read about her, talk to different people about her,” she said.
While talk about Mary J. playing the jazz legend has been circulating for years (and was once rumored to be on the backburner), it’s good to hear it is still in the works.
As if that’s not enough, the singer has also contributed to ‘The Help’ soundtrack with her stirring ballad ‘The Living Proof’. Listen to it here.