R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">Check out this first look at Mary J. Blige as Justice Charlier in the upcoming film Rock of Ages!

The 40-year-old entertainer will play the owner of a gentlemen’s club and recently told ScreenRant that her character, Justice, is “[t]he rock…But she’s probably the person with the most problems that they never see. She has to keep everybody lifted up.”

As for what drew her to the project, MJB dished, “I love the fact that everyone is singing. It’s like, we act-sing, act-sing. So there are songs like ‘Any Way You Want It’ by Journey that I’m singing and ‘Shadows of the Night’ by Pat Benatar….This movie is like the Grease of our time!”

Rock of Ages will be released on June 1, 2012. </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_4" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 813x1222 and weights 281KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce’s reign has come to an end. The rapper’s flop album ’4′ has fallen from the peak of the Billboard 200, slipping to the brink of the top 5 while Adele’s ’21′ continues to excel in the top 3.

’4′ sold a pathetic 72k copies this week, falling by a staggering 37% to #5 on the chart and bringing its total sales to 498k after only 3 weeks. In comparison, 'I Am... Sasha Fierce' sold 482k in the 1st week. Contrarily, Adele’s ’21′ maintains momentum at #3 by experiencing only a 3% dip in sales to 77k after 21 weeks on the tally. To date, the record has sold over 2.67 million copies in the US.

Adele is back to #1 in the UK, for the 17th time. Beating Beyonce’s ‘4′ to the top position, ‘21′ sits two places above ‘19‘, the debut effort from the same singer. It seems that not even the fact that it was released months ago is stopping Adele’s ‘21′ from chart supremacy.

Blake Shelton celebrates his first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart as "Red River Blue" bows atop the list with 116,000. Incubus' new "If Not Now, When?" starts at No. 2 with 80,000.

Country singer Chris Young takes a bow at No. 4 with "Neon" (73,000), Colbie Caillat's "All Of You" enters at No. 6 (70,000), Theory of a Deadman's "The Truth Is..." launches at No. 8 (38,000) and Sublime With Rome's "Yours Truly" debuts at No. 9 (35,000).

Rounding out the top 10 are Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party," falling 4-7 (42,000; though it's up 1%) and Selena Gomez & the Scene's "When the Sun Goes Down," which slides 3-10 (33,000).

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why in the world does that report call Beyonce a rapper, lol.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé may not even be 30, but she already knows what she wants to do over the next 10 years. The singer revealed some of her future plans in a new interview with “Access Hollywood.”

“Before I hit the age of 40, I’d love to have some children,” said the private singer. “I would love to direct and continue to learn videos and maybe by then [do] a short film, a documentary. I just hope that I’m happy and into my children and well adjusted and still making music, if that makes me happy at that time.”

She also explained what it was like to relive her “I dos” in the video for “Best Thing I Never Had.” “It was a little strange and definitely when I walked down the aisle, I’m like, ‘This is kind of creepy. There’s some other man standing here,’” she laughed, while adding, “It was really beautiful and people were all really excited like it was my wedding. My mother was even like, ‘Aww.’ I’m like, ‘Mom, it’s a video. This is not the real wedding.’”

B said her on-screen marriage was more stressful than her actual wedding to Jay-Z. “This may have been a little more crazy. I had to sing at the same time.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Last month when BET paid tribute to Patti LaBelle it was apparent that the legendary diva is unparalleled. Despite Cee-Lo and Marsha Ambrosius best attempts many felt the tribute fell short of capturing the wonder that is Patti LaBelle. Few (if any) possess the vocal talent to rival Patti, who at 67 years old still flawlessly belts out her hits which span four decades.

While the public may continue to dispute who has the vocal chops to honor Patti, she’s already identified her second coming. In a rare and touching interview Patti raves about young r&b crooner, Ledisi. The Grammy award winning artist is just beginning to receive widespread acceptance but Patti believes she is “the new her.”

Patti Names Ledisi As Her Successor | The Urban Daily

Kairi

Reaction score
With the 10th anniversary of her untimely death approaching (August 25th), BET took to Twitter yesterday to announce plans to honor late R&B diva Aaliyah

As Miss Haughton’s influence was widespread across multiple genres of the industry (and name is still in regular mention against today’s top divas), it is only fitting the ‘More Than a Woman’ singer be remembered with a tribute. The details of the ‘tribute special’ have yet to be revealed, but as ever, keep it locked to That Grape Juice for more on this story as it develops.