R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce on ‘A Star is Born’: ‘Biggest Opportunity of My Life’

Though still in promotion for her 4th #1 album ‘4′, Beyonce also made headlines with last month’s announcement of her starring role in the Clint Eastwood-directed ‘A Star is Born’. Production is not set to start until the end of the year, but the burgeoning pop icon speaks regularly on the film, calling it the ‘biggest opportunity’ of her life.
In a recent Reuters report the singer sheds more light on the upcoming project. See what else Mrs. Knowles Carter had to say about this and more after the jump:

Via Reuters:
On ‘A Star is Born’:
“It’s when I became a fan of Barbra Streisand’s. And I then saw Judy Garland’s version of ‘A Star Is Born’ and I realized every 20 to 30 years a new star is born and a new talent represents that generation and era — so I didn’t think that I would ever get the opportunity to be the star,” she said.
“I met with Clint and I was so nervous and I know that it is the biggest opportunity of my life. I will work as hard as I can,” she said. “Because I can’t wait. And I am so happy that he trusts me and I am in good hands and I am so fortunate.”
On ‘4′:
“This album was a labor of love. It was not about singles,” she said. “I felt like the emotion and live instruments and just soul (were) missing out of the music industry, especially the popular music that’s out. I wanted to bring it back to the music I grew up listening to. It’s like a mixture of the ’90s and the ’70s and rock-n-roll.”
On balancing acting with music:
“Having to balance the two is really hard and really making sure that I’m still doing my job, which is to be the performer and the entertainer and not have to do everyone else’s job so that mine doesn’t suffer, that’s been a challenge,” she said.

On taking charge of her career:
“It just feels like no one else can tell me how I am supposed to perform, and I think it’s what separates the Michaels and the Madonnas from the artists that are great but are just not quite the Michaels and the Madonnas,” Beyonce said.

On herself in 30 years:
“I am sure at 60 I will not doing the Oh-Oh-Oh dance, that will not be cute,” she laughed, referring to the ‘Single Ladies’ dance. “I think my priority will be my children and hopefully my grandchildren by then — and my record label or production company or whatever else.”
Eastwood’s ‘A Star is Born’ will mark the film’s 4th remake, coincidentally tying in with other ‘4′ themed occurrences in the singer’s life. Read more of the extensive report here.

Kairi

Reaction score
Keyshia Cole Speaks on Absence from Monica’s Wedding

‘I Just Want It To Be Over’ singer Keyshia Cole sought to bring an end to speculation that she and gal pal/‘Trust’ co-star Monica are feuding. As reported here, although the singer is preparing for her own second wedding, she was noticeably absent from that of Monica’s.
Did what Mrs. Cole-Gibson had to say fuel the fire or silence the naysayers? Check it out after the jump:

Kairi

Reaction score
Christina Milian may have a new reason to ‘Dip It Low’ as US Magazine has revealed the singer may be eyeing a spot on next season’s ‘Dancing With the Stars’. While the cast is still being filled out, sources have revealed to the magazine that the former Mrs. Nash is definitely a ‘possibility’.

And, with two different versions of a scrapped album (originally to be released on Myspace Records), this arena may be just what the ‘A.M. to P.M.’ singer needs to reignite interest. While fellow R&B stars Mario, Mya, and (to some extent) Brandy did not immediately capitalize on the buzz around their DWTS cameos, ask Nicole Scherzinger what the show can do for your career. Even Lil’ Kim, to a degree, can attest.

And since Milian’s moves on the dancefloor are what partly brought her to fame, here’s hoping the stint leads to better opportunities.

Kairi

Reaction score
Chris Brown: There's a CONSPIRACY Against Me!

7/21/2011 3:35 PM PDT by TMZ Staff
Chris Brown says he's been SET UP -- claiming one of his neighbors scratched the initials "C.B." into an elevator at his Hollywood condo building in an effort to make the singer look like a "reckless" punk.

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 550x249 and weights 27KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

TMZ broke the story ... Brown's neighbors HATE HIS GUTS and have complained to the building manager about noise, parking violations and a mysterious case of elevator vandalism ever since the singer moved in a few months ago.

But now, Brown has FIRED BACK on his Twitter page -- saying HE is the real victim -- "My neighbor carves my name in our elevator to incriminate me so it looks like I'm a reckless 22 your old (sic)."

As for the TMZ photos showing Brown parking in handicapped spaces, Brown explained, "My parking spaces in my building that were assigned to me when I [bought] this crib are painted over with handicap and no Parking signs."

He added, "A person should be able to live in his or her own company of their house! I'm barely home so these stories and accusations are so childish!"

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 550x249 and weights 18KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Chris Brown: There's a CONSPIRACY Against Me! | TMZ.com

Kairi

Reaction score
Kelly Rowland has had a great 2011 thus far with the success of her number one single ‘Motivation’ from her forthcoming album, ‘Here I Am,’ dropping next Tuesday. She recently chatted with BET about her feelings on finally being a number one artist, her 2011 BET Awards performance (which included a little kiss on the neck from Trey Songz), and her response to producer Jeff Bhaskerwho said her hot song had the “weakest beat” and “worst melody”:

On Her Feels On Being a #1 Artist
“Number one feels like number one. It feels wonderful. Especially for it to be on the charts so long. I think ‘Motivation’ opened up a different chapter for me. It really did.[...][The album] is along the same lines when it comes to an urban sound. When I listen to everything back to back, when I was sequencing it, that’s when it felt really good in my spirit.”

On Performing at the 2011 BET Awards
“I was dreaming about performing on the BET Awards stage. I would dream and pray about it. When you ask God for it , he’ll deliver. Then he wants to throw Trey Songz in it. Trey and I had really great chemistry. We rehearsed. We were prepared and excited.[...]I wasn’t expecting that kiss, trust me. I didn’t even know he did that until after. When you’re on stage and you’re moving…it was really weird.”

Jeff Bhasker, a producer responsible for cranking out hits for artists such as Alicia Keys and Kelly’s friend and former Destiny’s Child group member Beyonce, took to Twitter recently to bash ‘Motivation’ and it’s chart-topping success:

“How can this KR song with the weakest beat and melody of all time be the #1 song on urban!? Oh yeah. [Lil] Wayne.[...]I just listened to ‘Motivation’ again to see if I was to harsh in my critique. I wasn’t. The lyrics are horrid as well.”

Kelly responded to the producers criticism by shaking it off

“You know what, the record speaks for itself. Opinions are like **sholes, everybody’s got one. He’s made wonderful music with my sister and other artists. There’s no reason for me to say anything negative. Cause I won’t tell you the thought that is really in my head. I’ll just kill ‘em with kindness.”

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
miss Rowland has been and fire this year and i can't wait for the album to come out.

Kairi

Reaction score
Alicia Keys: Being Married Is 'So Fly' <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
It seems that married life is agreeing with Alicia Keys.

"It's so fly," the singer tells PEOPLE. "There's something great about feeling at peace and ease with your partner and knowing you understand each other. I really enjoy that friendship."

Keys, 31, who will celebrate her one-year anniversary with producer husband Swizz Beatz on July 31, adds that being like-minded with her mate helps keep things harmonious.

"There are so many similarities between us, it's just mind-blowing," she says of Beatz, 32 (with whom she welcomed a son named Egypt last fall). "It's really cool to have met my equal."

In fact, the two are so in sync that Keys even trusts Beatz (real name: Kaseem Dean) with helping her pick outfits for public appearances.

"I can say, 'I'm not sure about this look for the BET Awards. What do you think?' and I know that he will honestly tell me exactly what's up," she says.

The singer, who is also celebrating a professional anniversary – with the re-release her 2001 debut album, Songs in A Minor – says her wedding day tops the list of her favorite moments over a very eventful decade.

"When I walked down [the aisle] and saw him, I could barely hold myself together," she says. "It was so beautiful – just about he and I and our love. The wedding was one of the best days of my life."

Alicia Keys on Husband Swizz Beatz : People.com
<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
happy 31st birthday michelle williams

[video=youtube;Mk_R5awPMuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_R5awPMuM&ob=av2e[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;OXNNVUuIDgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXNNVUuIDgc[/video]

love the acapella, yes!

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;94viwW7cV9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94viwW7cV9A[/video]

mimi laying down the acapella too

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;jESluRuggRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jESluRuggRc&feature=related[/video]

whitney!

Kairi

Reaction score
Mya performs at Sumfest 2011 in Jamaica <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Singer Mya hit the stage in Montego Bay for SumFest 2011 recently and she performed with Beenie Man.

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x478 and weights 72KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

She was invited down by Wayne Wonder, with whom she collaborated with for his "If I Ever" single, which is performing well on the charts. Who the fuck is Spice?

‪Mya at Reggae Sumfest 2011‬&rlm; - YouTube
<table style="margin: 10px 0px;" class="tborder" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="6" width="425"><thead><tr><td style="text-align: center;" class="tcat" colSpan="2">‪Mya at Reggae Sumfest 2011‬&rlm; - YouTube </td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="panelsurround" align="center"><embed height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFxaBrmBMpA&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></td></tr></tbody></table>​

One pic from another performance:

Mya with Wayne Wonder.....

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="410"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- / message -->