R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Kelly Rowland Covers ‘Fearless’
R&B / Dance commander Kelly Rowland looks all sorts of fierce on the cover of Fearless magazine.
The 30 year old is currently strutting along the promotional trail for her 3rd studio album ‘Here I Am’, which hit US stores this week.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;hcie4MOU-wQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcie4MOU-wQ&ob=av2e[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
While ‘Lay It On Me’ singer Kelly Rowland is hot on the promo trail for her newly released ‘Here I Am’, many-a-fan (and non-fans alike) have noticed the singer turn up the heat in other ways. From her seductive, slow jam ‘Motivation’ to her ‘Here I Am’ cd artwork, BET Awards performance, and recent VIBE cover, Miss Kelly has been been supplying no shortage of sexy.
When asked about her ‘new’ sexualized image, Rowland had this to say:

Via NY Daily News:
“I just wanted it to be skin, I’m so comfortable in my skin. As a woman, sometimes that takes so long to get to,” she said, recalling the moment when she held up the pair of jeans that served as her only wardrobe for the [VIBE] shoot.
“I’m not trying to sell sex,” she told the Daily News at her album release party at the Standard Hotel in the Meatpacking District Tuesday night.
“I’m just completely being myself. I don’t let nobody dictate who I am. I did that for way too long that I don’t care about those people no more. I really don’t.”
Read the interview in its entirety here.
Fans who want to see even more of Rowland should check their local listings as the starlet is set to perform on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tomorrow night.

Kairi

Reaction score
If you thought you’d never get a chance to see yourself in a Beyonce video, think again. As has been making waves all across the net, the budding Pop icon has teamed up with our friends over at Celebuzz to create an alternate version of the ‘Best Thing I Never Had’ visual.
The video, whose parent single just earned the diva her latest top 20 entry, is said to be gearing up for a ‘matrimonial makeover’ featuring fan footage and photos.
Learn the details after the jump:

Via Beyonceworld.net:
Fans can upload their wedding or prom video footage to YouTube and their photos to Flickr with the tag #BeyonceBestThing, through the August 12 deadline. The chosen submissions will appear on BeyonceOnline and Celebuzz and, of course, the upcoming ‘Best Thing I Never Had’ fan video!
Learn more at Beyonce’s official website.
In related news, fans who prefer to keep their eye on the ‘Diva’ herself can tune into Jimmy Fallon tonight at 12:35 am/11:35 pm central to see her perform the hit single backed by The Roots

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;cDuzuqdGY3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDuzuqdGY3w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Even after six weeks Soul singer Jill Scott is still abuzz after learning her most recent album ‘Light of the Sun: Vol 1′ debuted at number 1 on Billboard 200. And though currently on a nationwide trek, the singer took time to chat it up in an in depth interview – sharing feelings on autotune, Amy Winehouse, and much more.
See what the soulstress had to say after the jump:

Via Reuters:
On autotune:
“Perfection is far too easy. Music doesn’t have enough guts and heart and soul.I’m not Auto-Tuned. I don’t like that. I want to sound genuine.”
On Amy Winehouse:
“I met her just once, in Philadelphia a few years ago. I thought she was incredible. There was a lot of soul and passion there, and honesty. The loss is . . . I think we all knew it was coming, you know? It was a catch-22. The more music she created, the more money she received and the more easily she could get her drugs.
Some people are so talented, they’re tortured. Maybe she was one of those people. I don’t know. I’m definitely sorry that I won’t be hearing new music from that voice anymore. It’s sad.”

On art imitating life:
“Artists really have to delve into what they’re feeling in order to make music that touches other people. We pull the sheets off real fast. It’s stark at first, the fact that you’re bare. But that’s where the best art comes from, from being bare.
Humanity is pretty incredible. There are so many emotions to delve into. When you do something like that and you’re naked in front of a crowd or naked on paper or naked onstage, it’s a freeing thing. I definitely believe artists have to suffer to a certain degree.”
Read the interview in its entirety here.

Kairi

Reaction score
Brandy Makes ‘Major’ Appearance For New Artists
Check out R&B pioneer Brandy at a press conference for Hub TV’s ‘Majors & Minors’ in Los Angeles just hours ago.
The show, which will also feature That Grape Juice’s brother from another mother Claude Kelly, will see accomplished artists from all corners of the industry help up and coming artists achieve their creative goals.

Kairi

Reaction score
what kc do to her hair

<!-- / message -->