PWG: Mystery Vortex II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Mystery Vortex II takes place on March 28th! Tickets go on sale this Thursday at 8PM PDT.

In case you're unfamiliar, Mystery Vortex was a show that PWG ran where they didn't announce the matches beforehand but still delivered! It's fun. I assume talent will still be announced beforehand, so we'll keep you updated.

Castiel

Reaction score
I just realized Drake won the #1 contenders match at DDT4 and he's heading to the E so he'll have to get the title shot for this show... damn. This would be the perfect and only way for Candice to finally get a shot at Cole! It's my most anticipated match in PWG history and needs to happen.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I expect Cole/Drake & Bucks/Best Friends for each set of titles. Although if they were running those matches, I don't know why they wouldn't just promote them, especially given how popular Drake is. So I expect them to go in a completely different direction. If anything, this is the perfect show to run Cole/Candice.

Castiel

Reaction score
Exactly, they know it has to happen eventually so I figure this is the way. The placement of this show wouldn't make sense if they're just going with the number one contenders made on the last show, so hopefully they save that stuff for later.

Castiel

Reaction score
Well, there wasn't much we could discuss leading up to the show but now we have the results and it looks like PWG once again came through!

3 way: Andrew Everett def Cedric Alexander and Trevor Lee with a shooting star on Alexander

Joey Ryan, B Boy and Willie Mack def Peter Avalon and RockNES Monsters when Joey pinned Avalon via super kick

Roderick Strong def Tony Nese with the sick kick

3 Way Tag: Unbreakable F’n Machines(Michael Elgin/Brian Cage) def AR Fox and ACH & Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)

Chris Hero def Tommaso Ciampa with the stretch plum

Kyle O Reilly def Johnny Gargano via cross arm breaker

PWG World Tag Team Titles: Young Bucks def Best Friends via Bob Orton cast shot to the groin of Taylor.
- Adam Cole interfered but Knox super kicked him.

PWG World Title: Adam Cole retains over Candice LeRae via Florida Keys
- Mount Rushmore beat up on Candice until Joey Ryan made the save.
- Joey cuts a promo putting over Candice. Joey “proposes” to Candice to win the PWG World Tag Team Titles. She said yes to end the show.

Due to family issues neither Steen nor Drake could make the show but luckily this was Mystery Vortex so it just added to the fun! Hopefully everything works out for them. I'd like to think we still would've got Candice vs Cole for the belt even if Drake had made it, it really just had to happen, but who knows. Great looking show top to bottom, especially pumped to see O'Reilly and Gargano work some magic!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Only match that doesn't appeal to me is Strong/Nese. Cool to see some up and coming indy guys getting a shot.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
3 Way Tag: Unbreakable F’n Machines(Michael Elgin/Brian Cage) def AR Fox and ACH & Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
Wow, never mind the other matches, I'd buy the DVD for this alone.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm hoping that ending up more as The Unbreakable Machines vs. The World

Castiel

Reaction score
Only match that doesn't appeal to me is Strong/Nese. Cool to see some up and coming indy guys getting a shot.

Strange that neither usually appeals to me in singles matches yet against each other I'm interested.

Really want to see how the new guys did, that followed by a six man is like double the PWG opening action that I love.

Castiel

Reaction score
[video=youtube;7MFFDlu-pX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFFDlu-pX8[/video]

Hero's punch to Ciampa :lol:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
3 way looks mind blowingly great. Rest looks pretty standard.

The Viper

Reaction score
That 3 way. Jesus Christ. Just the preview of that match alone gets an automatic 5 stars. I'm looking forward to that match the most. The rest looks typical PWG, which isn't a bad thing by any means.

But that 3 way tho, man.....