Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
PRIDE Preview for 4/26/08

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
April 26, 2008
The Preview

-This week, the wrestlers of Pro Wrestling PRIDE will make a stop in Hartford, Connecticut and are ready for a big show. The following matches have already been booked by commissioners Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat.

Samoa Joe & MVP vs CM Punk & Paul Burchill
-Two big rivalries come together for a big Main Event hyping PRIDE's monthly television debut. Last week, CM Punk and his picked partner Colt Cabana were able to defeat Samoa Joe and Homicide, but Punk pinned the Samoan Submission Machine. Paul Burchill and MVP have been jawing at each other since the PRIDE Title Tournament, how ill they do against two unfamiliar partners?

Homicide vs Kevin Steen

-Last week, both Kevin Steen and Homicide earned a shot to qualify for the International Title Ladder War. Kevin Steen guaranteed gold, and Mick Foley wanted to see if he could live up to his expectations. Though Homicide was the one who got pinned in his match against the Second City Saints, he was very dominant in the match until the end. Which man would survive in a Ladder War environment?

Rocky Romero & Davey Richards vs JTG & The Human Tornado vs Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli vs Paul London annd Brian Kendrick

-A 10 team survival match has been added to PRIDE's May 17th MTV debut, and this week in preperation, 4 teams will go at it. The winner of the match will be awarded the last spot in the Survival Match, giving themselves a great advantage. Which team has the most guts to survive 9 other teams on May 17th?

Jay Lethal vs Matt Cross

-This match is a qualifying contest for the Triangle PRIDE Lightweight Title match. Jay Lethal wants to be taken seriously, not as some Randy Savage ripoff. Matt Cross has been looking to spread his new era flying style, possibly for a Title Run. Who will join Scorpio Sky in the Lightweight Title Match?

Tyler Black vs Billy Kidman

-Last week, Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat introduced team PRIDE to the viewers and wrestlers of PRIDE. It was announced that the AOTF will take the new team on in a 6 man elimination deathmatch on the MTV debut. To prepare, Ricky Steamboat booked Tyler Black and Billy Kidman to take each other on. Who will get the advantage this weekend?

-These matches are official, but anything can happen in PRIDE in the blink of an eye.

-Expect more hype for the MTV Debut show.

-Stay tuned for more PRIDE action this Saturday!

-Keep in mind that the May 17th "Television Debut" is my PPV for this BTB, and televised shows happens once a month, or whenever I think one will fit.

Qwake

Samoa Joe & MVP vs CM Punk & Paul Burchill

Homicide vs Kevin Steen

Rocky Romero & Davey Richards vs JTG & The Human Tornado vs Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli vs Paul London annd Brian Kendrick

Jay Lethal vs Matt Cross

Tyler Black vs Billy Kidman

looks good, ill be checking this out. check out TNE if you like

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE 4/26/08

0becad6981.jpg

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
April 26, 2008
Connecticut Expo Center

Hartford, Connecticut

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE Logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints,
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers,
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
Hurrah!
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the T.V.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!

The logo flashes again, and the camera now shows the announce booth, and the three announcers Dean Malenko, Mike ‘Simon Dean’ Bucci, and Chris Masters are seen.

Simon – Welcome, to this edition of Pro Wrestling PRIDE!

Malenko – Today we have another big card, with CM Punk and Paul Burchill teaming to take on MVP and Samoa Joe, along with other great matches.
Simon – Another match that has the making of a great contest is Homicide vs Kevin Steen. I’m really looking forward to that match, with both trying to qualify for the International Title Ladder War.
Malenko – But right now, we’re going straight to great PRIDE action, as Matt Cross and Jay Lethal will meet up to see who qualifies for the PRIDE Lightweight Title 3 Way.

D’Angelis – The following contest is a qualifying match for the PRIDE Lightweight Title Triangle Match. It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Just Another Day in the FLA blasts through the speakers, with guitars blaring loudly. Matt Cross steps through the curtain, getting booed by the fans.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring from Cleveland, Ohio, standing 5 feet 7 inches, weighing 186 pounds, M-Dogg Matt Cross!

Push It plays and Jay Lethal steps into the main area, getting cheered by the fans. He is wearing his regular ring gear, not Black Machismo.

D’Angelis – Making his way to the ring, from Elizabeth, New Jersey, weighing 195 pounds, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall, Jay Lethal!

LethalvsCross.jpg

Singles Match
Qualifying for Lightweight Title 3 Way

Matt Cross vs Jay Lethal

*Bell Rings*

Matt Cross and Jay Lethal stand in the middle of the ring, with fists raised. Cross tries to go for a quick kick, but Lethal moved back to make Cross spin. Lethal tries to punch the dizzy Cross, but he dropped to his back and rolled back up to avoid it. The two meet in the center of the ring again, and they lock up. Jay Lethal gets a quick advantage, pushing Cross against the ropes. Cross pushes Lethal away, and he runs against the ropes. Cross and Lethal lock it up again, and this time, Matt Cross puts Jay Lethal quickly in a side headlock. Lethal gets brought down with a side headlock takeover, and Cross still has him in the hold. Cross pushes Lethal’s shoulders to the mat for a cover. 1…2… Lethal put his right arm up to not get pinned. Cross gets up, and he quickly falls back down again for an elbow drop. Lethal moved out of the way and he goes for the same move. He drops back down but stopped himself as Matt Cross moved out of the way. Both men are on their feet, and Cross charges at Lethal, but is then brought down with an arm drag. He got up quickly as Jay Lethal runs right at him. He’s brought up with an arm drag, and then hits the mat hard.

Both men are on their feet, and stare each other down on separate sides of the ring. The fans applaud the draw, and Jay Lethal turns around to get the fans pumped. As his back is turned, Matt Cross ran at him and dropkicked him in the back, with Lethal’s chest hitting against the top turnbuckle. Lethal collapses to his knees, with his face above the middle turnbuckle. Cross goes to the apron, runs and swings against the ringpost, connecting with a 619 to Lethal’s face, sending him back. Cross jumps quickly to the top turnbuckle and then flies off, attempting a flying hurracanrana to the standing Lethal. Jay catches him, and wants to throw Matt away with a powerbomb. Cross drops down, grabbing and hooking the legs of Lethal in a cradle pin. 1…2… Lethal kicked out, and Cross gets to his feet. Lethal is on his knees, still holding his face after the ringpost 619. Cross runs at him for a spear, but Lethal moved out of the way, sending Cross against the ropes in the process. Lethal jumps up and brings Cross down with a jumping leg lariat, and he uses the down time to catch his breath.

Lethal grabs Cross by the beard, and uppercuts him in the chin. It took the taste out of Cross’ mouth, sending him backwards. Cross bounced across the ropes, but then is suddenly dropped down with a hip toss. Cross landed on his feet, but he’s a little shaken up. Lethal cartwheels towards Cross and then attempts a dropkick. Cross moved out of the way, and Lethal hit the mat hard. Cross gets to the outside apron, and slingshots back in the ring. He follows by landing on Lethal with a turning slingshot splash. M-Dogg proceeds with a pin. 1…2… Lethal got his foot on the rope. Cross brings Lethal to his feet, and stands behind him, grasping the arms for a pumphandle slam or piledriver. Lethal gets brought up, but he counters the attempted move into an inverted hurracanrana, taking Matt Cross out of his concentration. Cross rolled luckily to his feet to avoid the impact of the maneuver. Cross jumps onto the top rope facing the outside, but Lethal is aware of him. Jay Lethal runs at Cross, and pushed him off the turnbuckle before he attempted his move. Matt Cross landed on the outside, with his body landing on the guardrail hard.

Lethal has the fans interested, and he jumps out of the ring, flying towards Matt Cross. Lethal attempts to connect with a high flying plancha, but Cross jumped up and hit a desperation dropkick, sending Lethal back near the apron. Cross tries to catch is breath, and after he does, he climbs up to the apron. Cross ambles over to the ringpost nearest to Jay Lethal, and he grabs it, hanging himself in the air, with his body horizontal. Cross lets go of the post, and drops his elbow on the chest of Jay Lethal. Matt Cross stands up, and he slides into the ring. Jay Lethal is slow to get up, and Cross is seated on a turnbuckle, resting. After a count of about 6, Jay Lethal gets back into the ring, still holding his chest after the punishment dished out by Cross. M-Dogg jumps up to the middle turnbuckle and flies at Lethal. As Cross was coming down, he meets the boot of Jay Lethal, who just superkicked him right in the face. Cross is on his knees, and Lethal runs against the ropes. He comes back to the center of the ring, and he delivers with a devastating neck snap that brought Cross to his back.

Jay Lethal climbs to the top rope, signaling a big move. He jumps off, going for a swan dive headbutt. Matt Cross threw his knees into the air, impacting directly at the face of Jay Lethal, and saving himself. Matt Cross kips up, and he looks primed to hit a big move. He jumps up to the top turnbuckle, trying to hit a shooting star press. Jay Lethal gets up quickly, and lunges for the ropes, trying to knock Cross off. M-Dogg luckily rolled through, ending up on the other side of the ring. Both charge at each other, and both ducked under clotheslines from each. They bounce off the ropes, and Cross throws his boot in the air to knock Lethal down. Cross quickly covers. 1…2… Lethal kicked out, and Cross ushers him to his feet. Cross scoops him up, and wants to dump him down with a Michinoku driver. Lethal kicked the head of Cross to escape the attempt. Lethal falls to the mat, and cartwheels up. Lethal isn’t looking at Cross, and Matt hits him with a flying side kick. Cross runs towards the opposite set of ropes, and he springboards off them. He attempts a flying reverse elbow, but in air, Jay Lethal caught him by the arms. Lethal brings Matt Cross over with his flip Dragon Suplex! Lethal covers…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Jay Lethal!

Simon – Jay Lethal can be added with Scorpio Sky as a contender for the PRIDE Lightweight Championship.
Malenko – That will be a very competitive match, and we still have to name a third competitor.
Simon – We’re tossing it backstage to Samoa Joe, and he wants to address his match later tonight.

The camera shows the locker room area, where Samoa Joe is sitting with his warm up gear on and towel around his neck. He starts to speak.

Samoa_Joe6.jpg

Joe – Last week, I suffered my first loss here in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. Even though I wasn’t pinned, that tag match left an impact on me. That match, it made me want to train harder for PRIDE’s debut on May 17th. On that day, I’ll be against CM Punk, and I don’t want to wrestle him to a draw. I’ve trained so I can last 60 minutes, 90 minutes, and all the way up so I can go full speed for 2 hours. I’m saying that CM Punk isn’t even close to my condition. I’m more mentally and physically prepared than him, and I’ve been training every single day in the cage.

He pauses, putting his head down. He picks up his head, and begins to speak again.

Joe – But this week, it’s just another tag match to ‘preview’ our debut on MTV. Tonight, I’ll be teaming with MVP to take on CM Punk and Paul Burchill. Most people know that I don’t have any respect for that guy, with all of his flashiness and his lack of delivery in the ring. But tonight, I’ll have to forget about what I think about him and team to take out Paul Burchill and little Punker. And if you think this match is just another match, those people are wrong. This is the continuing of my little rivalry with CM Punk. This match will show you who the rightful champ is, me. After I pin CM Punk or Burchill, you’ll be seeing the face of a champ. Because tonight, the Champ is Here, and he will not lose to Burchill and Punk. And hey, I might not even have to wrestle on May 17th after tonight.

The camera now shows the middle of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following match is a 4 Corner Elimination Tag Team Match! The winner will be the last entrant in the Tag Team Survival on May 17th!

Trauma Squad plays through the speakers. JTG and the Human Tornado walk through the ring, with Julius Smokes looking very hyped for the match.

D’Angelis – First, weighing in today at a combined weight of 415 pounds, coming to the ring with Julius Smokes, The Human Tornado and JTG, the Vulture Squad 2.0!

We are the Champions plays, and the fans boo loudly. Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli walk to the ring with Prince Nana, jawing with the fans and spitting at them.

D’Angelis – Next, weighing at a combined weight of 475 pounds being accompanied by Prince Nana, Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero, The Kings of Professional Wrestling!

The opening chords of Charisma are played, and the fans boo the beginning of the song. Davey Richards and Rocky Romero walk through the curtain and to the ring.

D’Angelis – Next, weighing in at a combined weight of 395 pounds, Rocky Romero and Davey Richards, the team of the No Remorse Corps!

Battle Without Honor or Humanity plays out, and Brian Kendrick and Paul London strut to the ring, getting big cheers from the fans.

D’Angelis – Finally, weighing in at a combined weight of 390 pounds, Brian Kendrick and Paul London, the Aerial Assault!

TagElim.jpg

4 Corner Tag Team Elimination Match
Winner gets last spot in Survival Match
Kings of Wrestling vs Aerial Assault vs the No Remorse Corps vs the Vulture Squad 2.0

*Bell Rings*

To start the match, Rocky Romero and JTG start off the match, with the other 6 men watching them. Romero and JTG lock up, and Romero puts JTG in a wristlock. Rocky lifts his knee onto the wrist of JTG, and JTG tries to escape. Rocky connects with some stiff forearms to the back of the head, and he follows up by dropkicking JTG in the elbow. Romero puts JTG in a half nelson and throws him backwards with a suplex. Rocky Romero stands in a corner and dances, doing his Azucar dance. Chris Hero gets the blind tag to Romero, and he flips into the ring. Chris Hero runs at JTG, and he stomps on him hard. The two are near the ropes, and Hero jumps up and holds on to a rope for stability, and then drops a knee on to JTG. He slid out of the ring, and Hero holds his arms up, and the fans boo. Paul London attacks him from behind, pushing him to the mat. Claudio Castagnoli gets in the ring to save Hero, and he picks up London and just throws him out of the ring. JTG slides back into the ring, and he looks energized again. He runs against the ropes and clotheslines Hero. He waits for Hero to get up, and dropkicks him, sending him to the Vulture Squad corner. JTG runs to that corner, and he connects with a corner reverse elbow.

JTG looks hyped, and he continues with his attack. He tags in his partner the Human Tornado. JTG and Tornado strike hero with double dropkicks. JTG drops to all fours and Tornado backs up. The Human Tornado runs and uses JTG as a springboard to go for a side kick. Chris Hero catches the flying Human Tornado, and holds him up in a powerbomb position. Hero drops him down onto the back of JTG with a big powerbomb. Hero cartwheels over the two, and he tags in partner Claudio Castagnoli. They double team JTG and Tornado, with Hero putting Tornado in a cravate, and Claudio holding Claudio up. Tornado gets off of Claudio’s shoulders, bringing him to the mat with a DDT. Hero’s cravate is broken up when Tornado dropkicks him in the back of the head. Chris Hero is forced back to his corner by the ref. Tornado springboards against the ropes, and he hits a flying side kick to the side of the head. Tornado throws Hero to a corner, but to the corner of the Kings of Wrestling. Claudio leans against the turnbuckles and Chris Hero tags Claudio. Tornado runs at Claudio, and Claudio gets his boot up to Tornado’s face. The Human Tornado staggers backwards, and Chris Hero comes back into the ring, slingshotting and delivering a slingshot clothesline to Tornado’s head. JTG is in the ring and tries to save his tag team partner, but Claudio gets out of the corner and kicks JTG in the gut. Castagnoli delivers with the Ricola Bomb, taking JTG out of the ring. Hero grabs the legs of the Human Tornado and rolls him up, but with the tights pulled.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of JTG and The Human Tornado has been eliminated!

Simon – What a cheap way to get a win, but Hero and Claudio still have 2 more tag teams to take out.

To replace the Vulture Squad in the ring, Brian Kendrick jumps into the ring and runs at Chris Hero. Hero moves nonchalantly out of the way and he slaps Davey Richards, signaling a tag. Kendrick turns around and attempts to suplex Richards out of the ring. Richards blocks the attempt, and he pokes Brian’s eye. He throws his leg in the air and kicks Kendrick hard in the head, sending him backwards. Richards jumps up on the ropes, and he dropkicks Kendrick to knock him to the mat. Davey grabs Kendrick by the hair and spits in his face. He brings his boot to the face of Kendrick, and makes a cocky cover with his foot. 1…2… Kendrick kicked out. Richards brings Brian to his feet, and delivers some hard knife edged chops to Kendrick’s chest, and then hooks him for a brainbuster. He’s brought up, and Richards holds him there. Kendrick is able to spin Richards, and uses that momentum to take him down with a spinning DDT. Kendrick runs against the ropes and dropkicks the seated Richards. He follows up with a standing moonsault on Richards, and he covers. 1…2… Kickout by Richards.

Malenko – A nice flurry by Brian Kendrick, but he has to watch his back for Rocky Romero.
Masters – The NRC are one of the sneakiest teams in PRIDE, which makes them so great.

Kendrick tags in Paul London, and the two look to hit some double team offense. Kendrick lifts Davey up for a back suplex, and London flies off the top turnbuckle with a diving leg lariat. Richards is on his knees, and London and Kendrick run against the ropes. Paul and Brian sandwich Richards with double dropkicks to the front and back of the head. London goes for the cover, but Rocky Romero comes into the ring and kicks London in the face, and then drops his leg on the back of London’s head. This gives his tag partner Davey Richards to get up. Romero and Richards start to double team London, hitting double round kicks, and then a double hip toss. They wait for London to get up, and once he does, they run at him. London splits, tripping both men. London rolls through and gets the tag to Brian Kendrick. Kendrick jumps off a turnbuckle and delivers a diving headscissors, making Davey Richards fall to the math. Rocky Romero tries to save his partner, but he runs right into a superkick that took Rocky out of the ring. Paul London comes into the ring to help his partner. Kendrick picks Richards up, and points to the corner, calling for the Sliced Bread #2. London has Richards in a powerbomb position, and Kendrick runs up against the corner, hitting the Sliced Bread #2! Kendrick makes the cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of Rocky Romero and Davey Richards has been eliminated!

Simon – What a way to take out the NRC, but London and Kendrick have to face two bigger opponents now.
Malenko – The Kings of Wrestling also have had lots of time to rest, they probably won’t get winded as fast as their opponents.

Claudio Castagnoli gets in the ring, and he immediately clotheslines Kendrick out of his boot. Castagnoli yells out hey, and he goes to attack Kendrick again. London tries to help out Kendrick, but he gets hit with a big European uppercut from Claudio. Kendrick slowly gets up, and he runs towards Claudio. Kendrick gets brought to the ground by a spinebuster, and he’s seated holding his back. Castagnoli runs against the ropes, and delivers a nice diving European uppercut to the seated Kendrick. Claudio pulls Kendrick up by the legs, and he starts swinging him around. Kendrick is getting very dizzy as Castagnoli keeps spinning. After about 30 seconds in the Giant Swing, Claudio lets go, throwing Brian to a corner. Chris Hero is tagged into the match, and he comes in with a head of steam. Hero jumps and drops both knees onto the seated and cornered Kendrick. Hero turns around not facing Brian, and he taunts the crows. He falls back and rolls, going for his spinning elbow drop. He is standing on his head and Brian Kendrick moves out of the way, and out of the ring. Kendrick slingshots back into the ring, double stomping Hero’s back.

Brian Kendrick tags in Paul London. London throws Hero to the ropes and goes for a jumping leg lariat. Hero ducked under it, and puts him in a cravate. London can’t battle out, and Hero spins over and brings London down with a Cravate Buster. Hero pins Paul London. 1…2… London kicked out, and Hero goes to his corner and tags in Claudio. London is back up and tries to attack Claudio by running against the ropes. Manager Prince Nana grabs London by the leg, making him fall on his face. Castagnoli climbs to the middle rope, and jumps off, hitting London in the chest with a diving elbow from the Alps. Claudio covers. 1…2… Kickout from Kendrick and Claudio looks angry. Castagnoli quickly hooks Kendrick for the Ricola Bomb. Kendrick gets out of it by flipping over and delivering a sunset flip to Castagnoli. A tired Brian Kendrick tags in Paul London. London split legs on the top rope and flips over with a moonsault to Castagnoli. He runs towards Hero on the apron, and delivers a running enziguiri. London is up and waits for Claudio to get up. London grabs Castagnoli by the head, and hooks him for the legsweep DDT. Castagnoli counters by kicking him away. Chris Hero is back up, and he slides in the ring. Hero throws Brian Kendrick into the ring, and stomps on his crotch, and the ref was looking at Claudio. Hero and Castagnoli call for the finish. Hero hits the Hero’s Welcome on Kendrick, and Claudio hits the Ricola Bomb on London. Both cover their opponents.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, the Kings of Wrestling!

Masters – These are your future PRIDE Tag Champs right here, they beat 3 other pretty solid teams just now.
Malenko – They definitely have the advantage, they don’t have to endure as much as the other 9 teams in the Survival Match.
Simon – Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP is backstage now with Leticia Cline.

The camera shows the backstage area, where Leticia Cline is standing with MVP, who has his game face and stunner shades on.

MVP3.jpg

Leticia – Right now I’m here with MVP. MVP, tell me about your tag team partner later and how you want to work things out.

MVP – Work things out? I know that you’re just being told what to ask me, but still do you believe I want to work together with Samoa Joe? I don’t even need him, I could beat both CM Punk and Burchill by myself. I really could care less about what Samoa Joe does, I hate him. I hate his moveset, his fat, and him calling himself a Strong Style Thug. He’s just someone that’s feuding for the PRIDE Title because of his track record. But tonight, I’ll show him who the real contender is.

Leticia – Things have been heating up lately with you and Paul Burchill. He’s on the other team with CM Punk. Do you have nay words for the Ripper?

MVP – Paul Burchill is nothing but a fake. He comes in with a fake ass attitude and a reason to complain, and he wants me to wrestle him. There’s no one who can come close to me here in PRIDE, except Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke. Paul Burchill is nothing but a hater, and my style, it’s just Nothing but a G Thang. I’m the Franchise Player, the ace, the reason for the fans to come to PRIDE. I don’t care if Paul Burchill tries to mess with me, because in the end, he’s going straight to hell after what I do to him.

Leticia – Last question. You’re also facing CM Punk, and he beat you on the first show, how did you prepare to take him on?

MVP – You see, the first show was nothing but a damn fluke. For the past few weeks, CM Punk has been getting so much love, it makes me want to throw up. When I get to him tonight, I’ll bring the pain right to him. It’s not revenge. I’ll just be proving a point. He’s scared to take me on again, so when I get the chance, I’ll knock him right open. Because that’s what real playas do, take little weasels like him, and bury him to the ground.

Leticia – Thanks MVP, now back to PRIDE action.

D’Angelis – The following contest is a singles match, a qualifying contest for the 6 Man Ladder War! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute Time Limit!

Tear Away hits and Kevin Steen walks to the ring with his game face on as he’s getting cheered by the fans. He walks on the apron, climbs a turnbuckle and lets out a battle cry.

D’Angelis - In the ring, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada, weighing in at 244 pounds, standing in at 5 feet 11 inches, Kevin Steen!

The Truth Iron side echoes through the gym, and the lights focus on Homicide. He walks to the ring, nodding his head to the music.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Bed-Stuy Do or Die, Brooklyn, New York, weighing 223 pounds and standing 5 feet 10 inches tall, the Notorious 187, Homicide!

SteenvsCide.jpg

Singles Match
Qualifying for Ladder War

Kevin Steen vs Homicide

*Bell Rings*

The match begins with Kevin Steen and Homicide going with a test of strength. Neither man gains an advantage, and Homicide kicks Steen in the gut. Homicide lets go and runs against the ropes, but Steen pushes his arms forward and the two collide in a strong lockup. Kevin Steen goes behind Homicide and tries to take him down. Steen pulls up, but Homicide tries to release Kevin’s grip and prevent the takedown attempt. Cide frees himself, and reverses with his own waistlock. Steen elbows the face of Homicide hard to quickly escape the grab of his waist. Steen grabs the arm of Cide and puts it in a wristlock, trying to wear him down. Homicide reverses to get control of the wristlock. Steen is now put into a hammerlock, and he backs into the ropes. Cide pushes him back to the middle of the ring before he could count. Cide tries to take Steen to the mat by stepping on the back of his leg. Kevin Steen escapes when he reversed the hammerlock. He bars the arm of Homicide, putting more pressure on Homicide’s arm than a normal hammerlock. Homicide uses his free arm to break Steen’s hold. Homicide puts Steen in a wristlock rather quickly.

Homicide pulls himself and Kevin Steen to a corner. Homicide climbs up in the corner, and balances himself on the top rope. He walks the ropes, jumps off and dropkicks the elbow of his opponent. Kevin Steen holds his arm while the 187 runs against the ropes. He goes for a clothesline, but Steen ducked under it, keeping Cide running. Kevin Steen gets the running Homicide into the air with a back body drop. Cide was able to turn and get out of it, and he holds the ropes to keep himself standing. Steen and Homicide both run against the ropes. They both get knocked down with simultaneous clotheslines. After a few seconds, both get up slowly to their feet. Homicide and Steen start exchanging hard punches, with each punch getting stronger. Cide backs up and strikes Steen with all he had, taking the taste out of Steen’s mouth and sending him backwards. Cide runs at Steen and takes Mr. Wrestling down with a running STO. Homicide makes the cover. 1…2… Kickout by Steen, and he still holds his head and arm. Homicide baseball slides Steen in the rib area. Homicide doesn’t waste any time, and he licks in a camel clutch, with the left arm in an armbar.

Malenko – Homicide can tear you apart piece by piece, and that’s what he’s doing right now to Kevin Steen.

Simon – He’s really softening Steen up, and he is one of the hardest hitters here in PRIDE.

Homicide pulls back, making Steen scream in pain. Steen battles out, grabbing the locked hands of Homicide with his free arm, trying to pull them apart. Homicide lets go himself, and he waits for Steen to get up. Steen gets up to his feet, holding his arm and neck. Homicide grabs him for a turning neckbreaker. Right as Homicide was going to drop down, Steen elbowed his opponent’s head, escaping the move. Steen catches his breath and hits some chops to Cide’s chest. Steen corners him and looks to continue his flurry. Homicide is able to roll out of the corner, and make Steen lean on a turnbuckle. Cide goes for a forearm, but Steen ducked under to make him turn around wildly. Steen grabs the dizzy 187 and puts him on his shoulders. Steen runs out of the corner quick, and drops his opponent down with a Death Valley Driver. Steen hooks both legs and the ref counts. 1…2… Homicide kicked both of his legs out to escape the pin. Kevin Steen gets to his feet and tries to bring Homicide to his feet. Cide fights back, punching the midsection of Kevin. Cide is up on both feet, and grabs him for a belly to belly suplex. Steen pushes Cide to break his grasp and send him running. Cide runs fast but when he gets back to the middle of the ring, he’s slammed to the mat with a Powerslam.

Simon – Steen really showed his quickness, going LOD style with that move.
Masters – I could do that too.

Kevin Steen moves back, and he flips and flattens Homicide with a somersault leg drop. Steen stands and waits for Cide to get up. When he does so, Steen kicks Homicide with a spinning heel kick, sending Homicide to the corner. Steen runs towards him, and hits a running dropkick, and Homicide falls to the mat face first. Steen climbs the ropes, and lets out a yell. He jumps off the top turnbuckle, going for his Senton Bomb. Homicide got both of his knees up, and Steen crashed right into them. Steen is seated and in lots of pain, holding his back. Homicide gets up to his feet, and he runs against the ropes. The Notorious 187 delivered with a big Shining Wizard to Kevin Steen, knocking Steen to his back. Homicide taunts the crowd as he awaits Steen to get up, and the crowd boos him. Steen is up, and he looks groggy, holding his back. Cide kicks him in the gut and runs against the ropes. He knocks Kevin in the head with a big boot to the side of the head. Homicide grabs Steen by the arm and brings him to his knee with a big backbreaker. Homicide finishes the combo, after hitting a double arm powerbomb.

Homicide covers Kevin Steen. 1…2… Steen got his shoulder up. Homicide looks disappointed, and he talks to the ref. He turns back around and sees Steen, and he slaps him in the face. Cide hooks both arms of Steen for the Cop Killa. Steen jumped down to his feet to escape. Steen turns Homicide around and hooks him in for a vertical suplex. Cide slipped out of the attempt. Homicide runs against the ropes, and when Kevin turned around, he got hit with the West Brooklyn Lariat, taking him down hard. Homicide looks energized, and calls for the gringo to get to his feet. Steen is out, and Homicide picks him up. He hooks him for the Cop Killa to end the match. Steen gets out of it again before Homicide could pick him up. Steen and Homicide are both looking at each other. Homicide connects with a headscissors takedown, and Steen gets to his feet quick after the move, but he holds his head. Homicide runs to the ropes away from Steen, and he attempts the Ace Crusher. Steen pushed him out of the way and against the ropes. Steen caught him, and he drops Cide down with the Go Home Driver. Steen makes his way to the corner and scales the ropes. He jumps off and hits a big moonsault! Kevin Steen yells, and he motions for the Package Piledriver. Homicide gets up slow, and he hooks him in. Steen brings him up and hits the Package Piledriver! Steen puts his leg over the arms of Homicide to cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Kevin Steen!

Simon – Kevin Steen has just won a shot to win the International Title in the ladder match.

Masters – He might eat a ladder, but I don’t really think he’ll win.

Malenko – Next week the 6th entrant will be announced, and we’ll see what takes place there.

CM_Punk.jpg

The camera shows an area with a brick wall as the backdrop. CM Punk is standing and warming up, practicing strikes and stretching. He bounces from left to right foot and begins to speak again.

Punk – Tonight, opportunity comes to me again in the tag match announced. It’s an opportunity for me to show every single person in the crows and in the ring that I am the future PRIDE Champion. MVP and Samoa Joe are my opponents, the people that I’m trying to beat. I already defeated MVP on the very first show here in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. And we all know what happened with Samoa Joe. Even though my partner tonight isn’t Colt Cabana or Ace Steel, I must admit that Paul Burchill is a very good option. I know that he’s had his problems with MVP, and I’m going to help him achieve his goal here tonight.

He stands straight up, and leans against the wall.

Punk – Because this match isn’t just a game. Every single match is important. Just think, if I get the pin on Samoa Joe, I’ll become a favorite to win the title. Because my competition is more than just something that happens in the ring between the hours of 8 to 11 o’clock at night. This is something that affects my life, the way I carry myself, and why I’m here wrestling for this company, not the WWE or TNA. I’m here for the competition, because I know that there is no place where I can show people the real CM Punk. Straight Edge is not just a little tag or a label, it’s a way of life. It’s real, it’s the heart of competition. And later tonight, Samoa Joe will see what Straight Edge can do to him.

---------------INTERMISSION---------------

Screams are heard for about 30 seconds, and The Haunted kicks in. Tyler Black steps through the curtain, and has an angry look on his face. He grabs a microphone and slides into the ring.

Tyler_Black8.jpg

Black – Ricky Steamboat and Mick Foley think they can tell the Age of the Fall what to do. They think they can ban my partners Jimmy Jacobs, Lacey and Harry Smith from this match, but actually they’ve added fuel to the fire. The fire that was started on Day 1 of Pro Wrestling PRIDE, our move against the two people that are called commissioners. Whatever they say, it doesn’t matter. We don’t give a DAMN about what they say or what they want us to do. We will not be the slaves, we will not be robots listening to the commands of two master dictators. They could show up right now, they might even be in the crowd. Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat need to learn their lesson and get out of the way of our revolution.

The fans start to chant “F--- You Tyler” at the AOTF member. He slides out of the ring and raises his fist at a fan. The fan continues to chant and Tyler punches him in the face. Black slides back into the ring and continues to speak.

Black – But right now, I’m going to face Billy Kidman. He is the same corporate wrestling whore that we’ve seen in the likes of WCW and WWF for years. The same person that we haven’t seen in about 3 years, now washed up, living from paycheck to paycheck, urging his name to other promotions just so he can try to say he can achieve something. Billy Kidman represents what the Age of the fall is against. Someone, who at an early age took his life and sold it to WCW. He is a man that has worked like a prostitute in this sport, and even dated some. Just look at his ex-wife, Torrie Wilson, a human Barbie doll. Dress her and undress her, she’s just a slut that has never done anything except use her fake assets. That just shows how little of his own mind he is. That shows how I will defeat him right now.

The fans keep on chanting, and Tyler finally has enough. He steps out of the ring and yells at the fans to shut up. A fan touches him on the shoulder, and Tyler returns with a slap to the face. The fan staggers backwards, and Tyler gets back into the ring.

You Can Run plays and Billy Kidman stands on the entrance stage, getting cheered. He makes his way to the ring, and he looks ready to wrestle. When Kidman slides into the ring, Tyler Black immediately starts to stomp on him.

KidmanvsLethal.jpg

Singles Match

Age of the Fall and Team PRIDE banned from ringside
Billy Kidman vs Tyler Black

*Bell Rings*

Tyler Black finishes stomping on Kidman when the bell rings. He backs up and waits for Kidman to get to his feet. Black continues his attack, pushing Kidman to the corner. Tyler starts punching Kidman, and the ref gets in between them to protect the cornered Kidman. Tyler backs up and Kidman gets out of the corner. Black sees the advantage, and he goes for a hard clothesline to Kidman, who is leaning on the ropes. Kidman ducks under it, and Black misses, with his chest hitting hard on the ropes. Billy dropkicks the knee of Tyler, and proceeds to continue an attack. Kidman chops Black, but Tyler looks unfazed. He comes back with hard punches, but Kidman kicks the leg of young Tyler again. The AOTF member pushes Kidman away, and he hops on one leg, holding the other damaged leg. Kidman runs at his hurt opponent, lifting a knee on Black’s stomach. He whips Black against the ropes, but Black held on and whipped Kidman to the ropes. When Billy gets to the middle of the ring, he unexpectedly slid under the legs of Black, which shocked him. Tyler turns around and gets hit with forearms, followed by a jumping step up enziguiri to the side of the head. Tyler Black steps backwards, holding his head.

Black leans back against the ropes, and Billy Kidman grabs him by the leg, trying to flip him out of the ring. Kidman pulls him up and out, but Black landed right on the apron. Tyler tries to strike Kidman to get back in the ring, but Kidman dodged it. Kidman jumps up and takes Tyler to the floor with a big dropkick. Kidman waits for the ref to move out of the way, and he runs against the ropes. He springboards against the top rope, and connects with a Standing Shooting Star Press! Billy Kidman is up, but leans on the guardrail holding his ribs. Tyler Black is slow to get up, but he walks slowly towards Billy Kidman. Both exchange punches, but Billy grabs Tyler by the hair, and tries to slam his head into the guardrail. Black got his foot up to block it, and slaps Kidman in the face. He slams his head into the guardrail, and then brings him down to the hard floor with a knee drop inverted bulldog. Black goes into the crowd and tries to climb the guardrail. A fan stops him, and Tyler kicks him in the side, making him fall to the floor. He climbs on top of the guardrail, and balances himself. Kidman gets up and he knocks Tyler off of the guardrail. Black falls forward and hits the floor face first.

Malenko – Nice quickness by Billy Kidman, saving himself from a sure demise.
Simon – Kidman has to get back in the ring, you never know who might be hiding in the crowd.

Billy Kidman tries to get back in the ring, but a barely breathing Tyler Black grabs him by the ankle. Kidman tries to get Tyler off of him, but he’s getting pulled down by the slightly bigger opponent. Black gets to his feet, and Kidman frees himself. Kidman slides back into the ring, not wanting to get counted out. When Kidman stood up, Black tripped him up and he lands on his face. Tyler gets onto the ring apron. Kidman gets to his feet slowly, and Tyler Black connects with a springboard dropkick. He covers Kidman. 1…2… Billy got his shoulder up. Black rolls his opponent over and puts him in a bow and arrow hold, but Black sits on Kidman’s back to prevent him from escaping. Kidman gets on his knees, trying to roll over or get up to avoid the tapout. Kidman rolls over to his side, and his foot makes contact with the bottom rope. Black waits until a count of 4 to let go of Kidman. Kidman gets up, but he holds both of his arms in pain after the submission hold. Black whips him against the ropes. As Kidman is running, Tyler drops down, and gets up to see Kidman running the second time. Black goes for a spinebuster, but Kidman jumped up high and spins his body around Black. Billy keeps spinning, and he finally drives Tyler down to the mat with a spinning headscissors takedown.

Kidman stands on his feet and yells out “Team PRIDE.” Black is seated in the corner and Kidman runs towards him. Kidman nails a corner running dropkick to Black’s chest. Kidman jumps up and over and is standing on the ring apron. Black gets up and Kidman flies back into the ring, trying a springboard bulldog. Tyler saw the move coming, and he stands fully up with Billy on his shoulders and drove him down onto his knee with a backbreaker. Kidman is standing, holding his back. Tyler bounces off the middle turnbuckle and comes flying at Kidman, hitting him with a turning body press. Black gets right back up and taunts the crowd. He turns his attention back to Kidman, and whips him against the ropes. Black attempts a big boot, but Kidman ducked under it. Billy keeps running, springboards, and then nails a flying side kick to Black, sending him backwards. Kidman makes his way to the middle turnbuckle, and jumps off, attempting a diving hurracanrana. Black caught him and he runs towards a corner. Kidman just got thrown into the turnbuckle with a vicious powerbomb. Kidman is slumped in the corner and Black comes running right at him. Tyler slides and kicks Billy right in the groin. Tyler Black gets up and continues to taunt the crowd.

Masters – Tyler Black is doing everything he can to win and I like that.

Simon – Kidman needs to come back right now, I don’t want to see him lose by some dirty tactics.

Tyler Black makes a quick cover. 1…2… Billy got his foot on the bottom rope to not get pinned. Tyler Black got right back up to his feet and stood Billy up in the corner. Black runs at him at full speed, but Kidman got both of his feet up, impacting the head and face of Black. Kidman jumps quick up to the middle turnbuckle and dropkicks the side of Black’s head, sending him bent to the middle of the ring. Kidman kips up and runs against the ropes. He kicks Tyler in the head and follows up by hooking Tyler’s arms, twisting around and dropping him down with the Kid Krusher. Kidman transitions it into a cover. 1…2… Black got his shoulder up, but he still lies on the mat, dazed. Kidman goes to the apron and slingshots his body into the ring. He drops his leg on Black’s face with a slingshot leg drop. Kidman hooks both legs of Black for a pin attempt. 1…2… Black kicked out. Kidman grabs Tyler by the legs and positions him for a top rope move. Kidman climbs to the top rope, and he calls for the Shooting Star Press. He jumps off, but Tyler moved out of the way. Kidman is able to make a full turn and land on his feet to save himself.

Malenko – Kidman was able to save himself by landing on his feet, if he missed, I’m sure that Tyler could’ve capitalized.

Billy Kidman turns around and gets drilled with a big enziguiri to the head, spinning him around. Black runs to the ropes, and then grabs Kidman. He lifts Billy up, and then drives him down with a Reverse STO. Black gets up, and he runs to the ropes again. He bounces on the middle rope, going for a springboard moonsault. Kidman rolled out of harm’s way. Black landed on his feet, and he runs towards Kidman. Out of nowhere, Tyler Black hits a Standing Shooting Star Press! He hooks the leg for a cover. 1…2… Kidman got a shoulder up just as the ref’s hand was coming down. Tyler Black gets to his feet, and motions for Kidman to get up. Black shows his strength by grabbing Billy off of the floor and putting him on his shoulders. Tyler spins around several times, but before Black could do anything, Kidman slipped out. Black saw that, and he runs against the ropes. Kidman caught him and delivers with the BK Bomb! He naturally covers. 1…2… Big kick out by Tyler Black. Kidman calls for the finish, climbing to the top rope. Just as he got his balance, Tyler got up, but he’s still a little groggy. Kidman flies off of the turnbuckle, attempting a flying crossbody. Tyler Black jumps up and dropkicks the mid air Billy Kidman in the groin. Black picks Kidman up and yells for his finisher. He lifts Kidman up, and drops him down with the Small Package Driver! Cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Tyler Black!

Malenko – Tyler Black just showed that he’s a viable wrestler even without the help of the AOTF.

Simon – Black used a very unique blend of high flying and power, and was able to match Billy Kidman move for move. I really think that if he ditches the Fall, he could be a champ one day.
Masters – What the hell are the AOTF doing now?

AOTF.jpg

Tyler Black is celebrating, and out from the crowd come Jimmy Jacobs, Lacey and Harry Smith. They stand right beside Tyler, and they have devious looks on their faces. Jimmy Jacobs grabs a microphone from ringside.

Jacobs – What are you going to do now Billy boy? You are NOTHING. I don’t care how famous you are or how much the fans love you, you can go and become a victim of our revolution.

He takes out the steel spike out of his walking stick, and Tyler Black and Harry Smith hold Kidman up. Jacobs runs at him with the steel spike pointing right at him. Kidman gets busted open when the spike impacts right on his head. They continue their attack, and blood splatters all over the ring. Suddenly, Team PRIDE comes in to make the save. It’s a 2 on 3, and Tomko and BJ Whitmer try to take the AOTF down. The brawl spills out of the ring, and onto the outside. Jimmy Jacobs tries to hit Whitmer with the steel spike, but Whitmer dodged it. Jacobs hits his partner Tyler Black right in the shoulder, causing him to fall and bleed profusely from the shoulder.

TeamPRIDE.jpg

The sides are now even, with both Kidman and Black down. All 4 men slug it out, and Tomko dumps Harry Smith right out of the ringside area, and into the crowd. Whitmer and Jacobs punch each other, and they too spill over the guardrail. Lacey runs to the back, not wanting to get hurt by bigger men. Whitmer grabs a chair from the crowd and throws it at Jimmy’s head, making a very loud clang. Smith kicks Tomko in the gut, and bangs his head against a chair. The brawl spills to the back of the gym, behind the fans. Jacobs still has steel spike, and stabs BJ in the chest. Whitmer mans it out, still fighting. Smith and Tomko disappear behind the entrance doors, and their brawl is still heard. A bloody BJ Whitmer picks up Jimmy Jacobs and powerbombs him onto a chair, with his head slamming against the top of the chair hard. Whitmer drags Jacobs to the outside of the gym, and the sounds of chairs clanging and yells are still heard.

Malenko – What a brawl that encounter turned out to be. It was a nice preview to what will happen on the 17th.

Simon – I don’t know who got the worse, almost everyone was busted open. But now, as the ring crew cleans up the damage, we’re throwing it backstage.

The camera shows the backstage area. Lena Yada is standing next to Paul Burchill, and she starts to question him.

Paul_Burchill9.jpg

Lena – Paul Burchill, right now you have a match, a tag team match against MVP and Samoa Joe, and you’re teaming with CM Punk. All three men are a little bit reluctant of what’s going to happen, what are your thoughts?

Burchill – I’m not going to be in that match to be buddies with CM Punk. I’m there to fight, and there to take down MVP. It doesn’t matter who I team up with, the only thing that matters to me is if I get a victory. You see, MVP has been mocking me for the past 3 weeks, and I’m tired of it. So right now, I’m going to break his neck and shut his big mouth up. I could care less if he calls himself the franchise player of PRIDE, it’s just a name and just a label he put on himself. We all know it’s not true, and I’ll prove it right now.

Lena – But what are your thoughts on Samoa Joe? On the first PRIDE show, you lost to the Samoan Submission Machine. Is there anything to prove against him?

Burchill – There’s always something to prove for me, the Ripper. I’m out for vengeance against him, and I want to show him that I’m the better wrestler than him. Because I admit, I’m jealous that he got the Title Shot, and is getting another one on May 17th. I’m going to show him right now that it’s not CM Punk or him that should be PRIDE Champion, it should be me. Tonight will be living proof that Paul Burchill is more than just a WWE curtain jerker. Because right now, I will rip some opponents in half.

The camera shows the middle of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following contest is the main event, a tag team contest! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute Time Limit!

Immigrant Song hits and Paul Burchill stands at the stage, getting a big reaction from the fans. He walks to the ring, rocking his head back and forth to the music.

D’Angelis – First, from Chelsea, England weighing 241 pounds, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, Paul Burchill!

Miseria Cantare kicks in, and the fans clap along to the beat of the song. CM Punk is on his knees on the stage, holding up an X. He gets cheered by the fans, and he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – His tag team partner, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 219 pounds, standing 6 feet 1 inch tall, CM Punk!

I’m Comin’ plays through the speakers, and the fans immediately boo. MVP stands on the entrance stage and poses. The fans still boo MVP, and he just ignores them.

D’Angelis – Approaching the ring, from Miami, Florida, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing in at 243 pounds, Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP!

Mama Said Knock you Out blasts through the arena, and the fans get on their feet. To a reaction of mixed boos and cheers, Samoa Joe walks through the curtain, and walks to the ring, looking focused.

D’Angelis – His tag partner, from Huntington Beach, California weighing in at 280 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall, Samoa Joe!

PunkBurchillvsJoeMVP.jpg

Main Event
Tag Team Match
CM Punk & Paul Burchill vs Samoa Joe & MVP

*Bell Rings*

CM Punk and MVP start off the match. They circle each other, and get caught in a lock up. The stronger MVP goes behind Punk and has him in a waistlock. CM Punk counters, and grabs the arm of MVP. He has him in a wristlock, and Punk turns the wrist clutch into a hammerlock. Punk lets go of the arm and grabs Porter in a waistlock. Punk drives him to the ground with a waistlock takeover, and Punk gets up and runs against the ropes. MVP got up quick, and takes CM Punk over with an arm drag. MVP holds onto the arm, and has Punk in an armbar. MVP kicks the back and shoulder area of Punk, and he drags him to MVP’s corner. Samoa Joe gets tagged into the match, and MVP pushes Punk seated in the corner. MVP and Joe both stomp at CM Punk. MVP gets back onto the ring apron, and Joe starts his attack. Joe quickly gets Punk in a grounded side headlock, putting all his weight on top of Punker. CM Punk tries to escape and rolls over to his side to loosen the pain. Joe brings Punk to his feet, and he runs against the ropes. Joe tries to go for a move, but CM Punk moved out of the way, and brought Joe to the mat with a drop toe hold. Punk rushes to his corner and tags in Paul Burchill.

Burchill gets in the ring, and starts to pound on Samoa Joe. Burchill hits him with forearms and stiff punches. Joe backs into the corner and Burchill has more freedom to hit Joe. Burchill continues to wreck Joe with forearms and elbows, but Joe grabs Burchill by the neck, and switched positions with him. Joe wipes his face, and chops Burchill up, Kobashi style. Joe finishes with a vicious backhand chop to the head. Joe backs up and stands in the opposite corner. He charges right at Burchill, going for a big boot. Burchill ducks under, and Joe’s right leg gets caught on the top rope. Burchill grabs Joe by the waist, and brings him up. Burchill brings the big man down with a back suplex. He bridges over into a cover. 1…2… Joe got his shoulder up, and rolls over and up. Joe gets up before Burchill, and when Burchill gets to his feet, Joe grabs him in and drives him down with an STO. Joe still has him held, and tosses him against the ropes. Joe ducks under and Burchill hurdles over him. Joe goes for a clothesline when Burchill comes back but he misses. Burchill grabs Joe from behind, and lifts him up with a shinbreaker.

Masters – Wow, I’m surprised that Burchill could lift the 400 pound Samoan Sub eating Machine.
Simon – Punk has just been tagged into the match, here we go with another Joe vs Punk matchup.

Burchill dropkicks Joe from behind and tags in CM Punk. Punk comes in and runs at Joe, going for a clothesline. Punk ran into a wall as Joe didn’t budge. Punk ran into Joe again and hit him with a leg lariat. Joe staggers backwards, and MVP gets the blind tag in. MVP gets into the match and Punk runs at him. MVP backed away and tripped Punk, with him now hung on the middle rope. MVP goes to the outside apron, and signals the Player’s Boot. MVP runs, and he connects with the boot to the side of the head. Porter stands next to a ringpost and taunts the fans. The corner MVP was in was the corner with Paul Burchill, and Burchill has a crazed look. He punches MVP in the face, and seats him on the top turnbuckle. Burchill gets in the ring and climbs to the middle rope. Burchill grabs him by the arms and throws Porter backwards with a dragon suplex. MVP landed on the back of his head in the middle of the ring. CM Punk is back up and has MVP hooked for a suplex. MVP is brought up, but he slips behind Punk. Porter turns around and grabs Punk for a German suplex. Punk attempts to fight out, but Porter brings him up and throws him over with a big release German suplex.

MVP gets to his corner and offers a hand out to tag in Samoa Joe. Joe looks at him for a couple of seconds and finally accepts. Samoa Joe gets in the ring and stomps on CM Punk. Joe pushes the seated Punk to the corner, and wipes his boot for the face wash. Joe wipes his boot onto Punk’s face several times, turning Punk’s head sideways. Samoa Joe runs against the opposite set of ropes and finishes with a big boot to the head to finish the combo. Punk is lying on the mat near the corner, holding his face. Joe jumps to the middle turnbuckle and quickly jumps backwards, landing on Punk with a leg drop, transitioned into a cover. 1…2… Punk used his right leg to touch a rope. Punk is dragged back to the middle of the ring, and is put into a seated position. Joe chops the back of Punk and runs against the ropes. The Samoan just dropkicked Punk’s back, causing pain to rush through Punk’s body. Joe faces Punk and goes for a stiff round kick. Punk lied back, and Joe misses, spinning himself around. Punk gets up and dropkicks the back of Joe’s knee. He runs against the ropes and Joe catches him, attempting a Samoan Drop. Joe spins, but Punk gets off of Joe’s shoulders. He has the head of Joe held and is spinning. Punk’s counter turns out to be a beautiful Tornado DDT.

Simon – Great reversal by CM Punk, he could use that again in his rematch with Joe on the 17th.
Malenko – That’s where tape study comes into play, both men have to learn what counters and reversals each use to avoid them from happening.

Punk gets up and tags in Paul Burchill. Burchill comes into the ring, runs and nails a standing moonsault on Joe. Burchill gets up and sprints to a corner, and stands on the middle ropes. He goes for a second rope senton, but Joe rolled out of the way. Joe gets to his feet, and he lunges towards his corner. He tries to tag in MVP, but he jumps off of the apron. Joe gets out of the ring and yells at MVP. Paul Burchill and CM Punk see the two distracted, and they capitalize on the moment. Both CM Punk and Burchill fly out of the ring, nailing MVP and Joe with double suicide dives. The two stand up and slap hands, and they pick both men up. Punk and Joe go at it, and so do Burchill and MVP. Joe is thrown back into the ring, and CM Punk follows. Punk gets the cover on Joe. 1…2… Burchill nails a front powerslam on MVP on the outside, and he goes back to his corner. Punk springboards, and goes for a dropkick. Joe moves out of the way, but Punk landed on his feet. Joe immediately grabbed and wrapped both of Punk’s arms and brought him up with a cross armed German Suplex. Joe gets up and tries to tag in MVP. MVP just ignored it, and he jumps off of the apron and walks away from the match.

Malenko – What disrespect from MVP, totally ignoring the match and just walking away, leaving Samoa Joe to fight alone against Punk and Burchill.

Masters – I was expecting it, MVP is the type of guy that doesn’t give a damn about anyone else. Joe’s going down right now.

Samoa Joe just stares MVP down as he walks to the back. CM Punk comes running at Joe for a clothesline. Joe got his elbow up, striking Punk in the face. Joe grabs Punk by the back and throws him over with a big belly to belly suplex that threw him all the way across the ring. A weak CM Punk landed in the corner, and Paul Burchill tagged himself in the match. Burchill runs against the ropes, but Joe grabs him and sends him crashing back down to the mat with a powerslam. Joe runs against the ropes and drops a knee on Paul, and he covers. 1…2… CM Punk was able to break up the cover. Samoa Joe gets up, and picks up Burchill. He has him hooked in for a lifting neckbreaker, but Burchill instinctively countered by breaking away. He runs to the ropes and brings Joe to the mat with a legsweep clothesline. Paul Burchill tags in CM Punk. Punk sees Samoa Joe and strikes him with some slaps, and then a spinning back fist. Punk pulls Joe in for what could be the Anaconda Vice. Joe counters with an inverted atomic drop, sending Punk backwards. Burchill rushes into the ring to attack Joe. Joe punches him hard in the face, scoops him up, and nails the Island Driver! CM Punk is still in pain and Joe goes behind him. Samoa Joe jumps up and locks in The Choke! After a few seconds of struggle, CM Punk passes out to the pain!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners by submission, Samoa Joe and MVP!

Malenko – Samoa Joe just beat CM Punk and Paul Burchill without the help of MVP, that’s a real big message sent to them.

Simon – And CM Punk tapped out to Samoa Joe, that’s a big showing to what could happen at the MTV Show.
Masters – I would really step my game up if I was Punk or Burchill, that’s embarrassing.
Simon – Join us next week, for another PRIDE Webcast!

A highlight video plays along to a song by the White Stripes. After that, the credits roll and the PRIDE logo flashes again.

The Rated R CMStar

Lethal vs M-Dogg: Back and forth match, but it was one of those matches that even if you know who was going to win, you enjoyed it.

Samoa Joe promo: Short and to the point. I liked how he talked of his training as it made seem his match with Punk really important.

4way Elimination Tag Match: Hands down the best of the show. I wanted Aerial Assault to win, but I am fine with KIngs of Wrestling as well. Great way to manage all the tag teams.

MVP interview: This promo just reassured me that MVP is out of league, out of his field in PRIDE. Seriously, either AOTF or him need to turn face because a feud between them would totally be cool. I also liked that you let clear the differences between him and Joe.

Kevin Steen vs Homicide: Shocker to me with Steen getting the victory. With me being not familiar with Steen, I was shocked with him pulling some high flying maneuvers and with him being so fast, but I felt Homicide should have gotten the victory.

CM PUnk promo: Good promo, better than the MVP one but a notch below Samoa Joe's delivery.

Tyler Black vs Kidman: The promo before was good, but to me it showed that AOFT's magic is as a group, as with Black alone something was just missing. I would have liked a bigger deal created about him punching a fan. The match was good and set up the confrontation between both teams.

Burchill interview: It continued the hype around the main event tag match. I liked that with him being face, unlike MVP and Joe that bashed between themselves in an arrogant way, Burchill just didn't talk about his partner and say he was going to business on Porter and Joe.

Main Event: Good match, but a notch below the Elimination bout. However, I am not sure that making CM Punk pass out to Joe was a good decision. CM will need a big message over Joe to even the score, as particularly in this bout I would like them to arrive in equal conditions, no underdog position.

AC: Good show, hyped the MTV program even further and I can't wait for it. Check out BTW, show has been posted

The Ripper

Reaction score
BM: Main Event closely folowed(really really close) by 4 Corner Tag Team Elimination Match.
WM:I like to name 1 match just so people know what the weakest would be but they are all great.
BP: I'm going to say Tyler Black, i'm really into the Age OF the Fall promo's and your match up to what they are doing in ROH.
WP: N/A
AC: I think this is the longest Indy btb there has been on IWF and you are the reason. You have a huge knowledge of the indys and really portray it with this btb

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
PRIDE Preview for 5/3/08

PRIDEBanner.jpg

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
May 3, 2008
The Preview

The road to PRIDE's MTV Debut, Uprising Continues this week. The following matches have already been booked by Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat.

The Second City Saints vs The Strong Style Thugs
-The rivalry between CM Punk and Samoa Joe rages on, as the members of each stable will go 3 on 3 this week, to show who's the better crew. Last week, Samoa Joe made CM Punk tap out. What will CM Punk do to retaliate?

Tomko vs Harry Smith
-Last week, single members of Team PRIDE and the Age of the Fall Billy Kidman and Tyler Black battled it out. The young Tyler Black came away with the victory, and a brawl between the two teams ensued, going around the whole venue. This week, both team's powerhouses take each other on, and now, both Team PRIDE and the AOTF will be able to stay ringside. Will the Age of the Fall continue their hot streak?

Erick Stevens & Matt Cross vs Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin vs Brent Albright & Dan Rodman vs Elijah Burke & Shelton Benjamin
-This match is another preview for the Survival Match at Uprising. It's a 4 Way Match, with one team losing. The team that suffers the pin will be First in the Survival Match. Can these 4 Teams Survive each other before the big match on May 17th?

Matt Sydal vs Rocky Romero
High Flying meets Hard hitting here when Mr. Azucar takes on a member of the Aerial Assault. The winner will receive a bid to become Lightweight Champion, in a 3 Way Match at Uprising. This is the last spot in the match, with Scorpio Sky and Jay Lethal already qualifying. Will Matt Sydal take flight on Romero, or will Rocky stop Sydal's Aerial Assault?

6 Man Elimination Match
For the past few weeks, we've been seeing PRIDE's best qualify for the Ladder Match being contested for the International Title. This week, the last member of that match will step up in a 6 Pack Elimination Challenge. The participants have yet to be announced, so stay tuned to see who has the guts to sacrifice their body in the ladder match.

MVP Hosts The VIP Lounge
This week, MVP will take a break from his fierce in ring action with Paul Burchill. The Franchise Player will be having a very special guest, and he said it would ruin Paul Burchill. Who will the mystery guest be?

-Stay Tuned for this new webcast of PRIDE, coming to you this Saturday!

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Looking forward to it. The Sydal-Romero match should be good mashup of highflying and high impact. Can't wait to find out who will emerge as the sixth man in the Ladder challenge.

Qwake

Tomko vs Harry Smith

Erick Stevens & Matt Cross vs Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin vs Brent Albright & Dan Rodman vs Elijah Burke & Shelton Benjamin

great matches, the 6 man elimination match be awesome too.
VIP Lounge should be good aswell, looks great. check out TNE if you like

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Tomko vs Harry Smith

Nice looking show, the VIP Longue should be sweet too. If I forget to review, drop me a PM man.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I'm guessing the mystery guest is gonna being Katie Lea who's gonna reveal their affair. Nah, I'm kidding. This isn't WWE.

chessarmy

Looks like a great show, the MVP lounge should be cool and I'm looking forward to reading the matches. Sydal vs Romero should be awesome, and the tag team 4 way will be fun to read because of how chaotic it will get. I'll make sure to drop in a review once its posted, you can always PM incase I forget :)

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE 5/3/08

0becad6981.jpg

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
May 3, 2008
Tab Ramos Sports Center

Aberdeen, NJ

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE Logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints,
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers,
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

Hurrah!
Hurrah!
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the T.V.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!

The PRIDE logo flashes across the screen again, and the fans are shown on screen.

This Darkened Heart with screams in the background blasts loudly through the speakers. Harry Smith and the other members of the AOTF stand together on the entrance stage.

D’Angelis – The following match is a singles contest scheduled for one fall! First, from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, weighing in at 255 pounds, standing 6 feet 5 inches tall, Harry Smith!

AOTF.jpg

Jimmy Jacobs gets in the ring and grabs a microphone. Lacey and Tyler Black stand by him and Harry Smith. Jacobs begins to speak.

Jacobs – It’s exactly two weeks before May 17th. As you all know, that Saturday night will be a special day for this company, and almost every wrestler here. On that day, Pro Wrestling PRIDE will debut its special one night only MTV Show, called Uprising. It gives everyone a chance to show what they’ve got. It’s on the channel that once people see something on that damn channel, they automatically think it is ‘in.’ Thinking that if they did whatever the people they saw on TV did, they’re bound for a spot in Hollywood, or at least some more attention in the High School cafeteria. I look down upon those people, those brainwashed children of this new era, an era where someone can take off their clothes and become famous. Teenagers that watch television that displays the evils of today’s society those are the cookie cutter people that seem absolutely perfect, or at least strive to be. But the Age of the Fall is not about that, we strive on imperfections, we welcome those rejects, those that weren’t cool enough or had the nicest clothes. Those rejects will go to the forefront of society as the people of our revolution. The way of MTV, and the way of the no talent celebrities will be gone. They will FALL to our revolution, they will realize that this revolution is the only way to be.

Tyler Black is handed the microphone.

Black – On that MTV Debut, we three will be taking on the members of corporate sellouts Team PRIDE, in an elimination deathmatch. I’ve been waiting for that match, and I’m sure that Jimmy and Harry feel the same. We finally have a chance to show what we can do at the cost of our Revolution. Becoming injured and hurt is insignificant, because we know that the revolution will stay strong with every drop of blood and every bone broken. Last week, I took on Billy Kidman, and I showed every single person what I can do, and what’s going to happen on the 17th in Manhattan. I beat that washed up has been, and even if people are cheering for him on MTV, it doesn’t even matter, because he still will become a victim to us.

Harry Smith grabs the mic.

H. Smith – And right now, I’m going to do the same to Tomko. Just a steroid addicted freak hired by Foley and Steamboat because he’s in TNA, Total Nobody’s in Action. He was rejected by WWE, surprisingly. I thought they could use a jacked big guy like him, just look at their champions and contenders right now. Oh, but this is different, because now, the big bad Tomko is now associated with the likes of Shark Boy, Billy Gunn, Dustin Rhodes and the former Dudley Boys. But just last week, he was suspended by TNA for being a complete idiot. He thinks he’s tough, and it’s probably the ‘Roid Rage. He’s just someone trying to capitalize on his big frame by injecting himself with all these countless drugs, hoping to get bigger. But I must admit it worked. No matter how much praise he gets from Scott Steiner, he still will be a victim to this Revolution. So Tomko, get your celluloid ass in this ring right now.

Jacobs, Lacey and Black get out of the ring and stand ringside. Redemption plays, and Tyson Tomko walks to the ring with a serious look on his face. He is accompanies by Team PRIDE and Mick Foley.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Jacksonville, Florida, weighing 283 pounds, standing 6 feet 6 inches tall, he is Tomko!

SmithvsTomko.jpg

Singles Match

Harry Smith vs Tomko

*Bell Rings*

Smith and Tomko stand nose to nose in the middle of the ring. Smith pushes Tomko back, and Tomko looks him back. Smith bounces off a set of ropes and goes for a clothesline, but Tomko ducks out of it. Smith turns around, and the two get in an aggressive lock up. They are at a standstill, both pushing equally towards each other. Finally, Smith is brought to his knees with Tomko using his strength to push him down. Tomko tries to put Harry in a headlock, but the attempt is blocked when Harry elbowed him in the stomach. Smith gets up, and uses a series of chain wrestling moves to weaken Tomko up. Smith twists the arm of his opponent with a wristlock. Tomko reverses it, and has control. Smith rams his shoulder into Tomko’s shoulder area. Smith twists under Tomko and gains control. He brings Tomko’s arm to his back with a hammerlock, and lets go, now putting the big guy in a headlock. Tomko pushes Smith away and against the ropes. Smith and Tomko bump into each other in the middle of the ring. Both run against the ropes and repeat. Both men’s shoulders collide again, but both stay standing. They look at each other, stretching out their arms.

Both stand and bounce in the ring, waiting for what’s about to happen. Tomko strikes first with several MMA style punches, and he throws in an elbow and a forearm. Smith is defenseless, leaning on the ropes and the ref tells Tomko to move back. Tomko does so, and once Smith staggers back to the middle of the ring, he gets hit with more strikes from Tomko. He falls to the mat, and Tomko tries to get a cover. Smith pushed Tomko away, and he gets to his feet. Smith whips Tomko against the ropes, and makes him dazed with an elbow smash. Harry runs against the ropes and gets Tomko again with a knee lift to the face. Smith kicks Tomko square in the head, and he hooks Tomko in. Harry Smith delivers with a snap suplex, being able to bring the slightly bigger man up. Smith rolls over onto Tomko for a cover. 1…2… Smith gets up and complains to the ref. Tomko gets up, and when Smith turns around, Tomko connects with a big right hand, bringing Harry leaning against the ropes. Tomko clotheslines Smith out of the ring, on the side of the Age of the Fall. The ref holds Tomko back to give him time to recover.

Smith is given some advice from Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs. Tomko gets out of the ring, and he tries to pull Smith back into the ring, not wanting to waste any time. Black and Jacobs cover up Smith, and Tomko pushes the two smaller men away. He lunges for the Stampede Bulldog, but he moved out of the way and runs around the ring. Smith is stopped after he bumps into Billy Kidman and BJ Whitmer of Team PRIDE, and they have him cornered. Tomko rushes over, and grabs Smith, and smashes his head onto the outside apron. Smith is slid back into the ring, and Tomko follows. Tomko pulls Smith to his feet, and scoops him for a move. Tomko runs and drops Smith’s back onto his knee with a running scoop backbreaker. Tomko stands in the corner, and charges at Smith, going for a running clothesline. Smith moved out of the way, forcing Tomko to run against the ropes. Smith pokes the running Tomko in the eye, and follows up with a dropkick to his opponent’s right knee. Smith gets up, facing Tomko’s back. He grabs Tomko by the waist for a German Suplex. There’s a standing switch, but Smith quickly gets back control. Harry elbows him in the neck stiffly, and threw him over with a release German Suplex.

Smith hears the negative chants towards him, and he leans against the ropes, telling the fans to shut up. Jacobs and Black go face to face with the fans, jawing with them and trying to shut them up. While this is happening, Tomko gets up. Smith turns around and sees the standing Tomko, and he runs towards him. A surprised Tomko catches him, spins, and slams Smith to the mat with a momentum spinning side slam. Tomko starts to stomp on Smith, but he suddenly hears yells directed towards him. Jacobs and Black are standing outside the ring close to him, criticizing him. Tomko is distracted by them, and jumps out of the ring. He punches both of them and the face, and Kidman and Whitmer are there to continue the attack he started. Tomko slides back into the ring, and Smith kicks him in the gut to stop him from mounting an attack. Smith tries to quicken the pace, running against the ropes. Smith baseball slides Tomko in the chest, as he was on his knees. Smith brings Tomko to his feet, and has him in a front slam hold. Tomko is able to recover on his feet, and uppercuts Smith. Tomko grabs Smith for a supposed STO, but Smith got himself out of it, backing into a corner with Tomko still held, and delivering some nasty forearms to Tomko’s face.

Harry Smith scoops Tomko for the Running Bulldog Powerslam. He runs out of the corner, but Tomko slipped out and behind Smith at the very last moment. Tomko grabs him by the head, and lifts him in an inverted suplex hold. Tomko spins around, and uses his elbow to exert extra force on the inverted vertical suplex. He goes for a pin attempt. 1…2… Lacey put Smith’s foot on the bottom rope to save him. Tomko yells at Lacey, but he does not want to get distracted. He immediately goes to a corner, and sets up the big boot. He goes towards Smith, but the Stampede Bulldog ducked under it, and pulls Tomko to the mat with a backslide pin. 1…2… Tomko rolled back, and Smith gets up to finish Tomko off. Smith pulls the TNA Superstar in, and brings him up for a powerbomb. He runs, but Tomko wriggles out of it, and sets up perfectly for a suplex style maneuver. Smith is brought up, but he falls to his feet as well. They face off, and Smith kicked Tomko in the groin. Harry brings Tomko in for a Brainbuster. Tomko wasn’t even brought up, and the two fight to the ropes. Smith connected with a big atomic drop, catching the striker Tomko off of his game. Both try to get back to the middle of the ring, but Lacey grabbed Tomko’s leg. Tomko was able to kick Lacey away, and onto a guardrail. Jimmy Jacobs slides the steel spike onto a turnbuckle while the referee was looking at Lacey and Tomko. Smith pulls Tomko to the corner with the spike, and tried to drop him on the pointed weapon. Tomko blocked it, and used the weapon to his advantage, thrusting Smith’s head into the dangerous spike. Tomko grabs Harry Smith on his shoulders, and gets back to the middle of the ring. Tomko spun Smith out and hit the TomKO! Jacobs and Black want to rush into the ring, but they’re stopped by Kidman and Whitmer. There’s a cover on Harry Smith.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Tomko!

Mick Foley takes the mic, slides in the ring and begins to speak.

Mick_Foley8.jpg

Foley – Congratulations Tomko, you just shut Harry Smith and the AOTF up. And what my buddy Tomko did, that’s not a preview of May 17th in the Manhattan Center, not at all. That was just a legalized murder, a beating down of some freak in black. They’re just 4 people who are tired of getting constantly made fun of, because they’ll never be as good as Team PRIDE, Baby! And two weeks from now, those 4 will come crying back to their parents after the bloodbath they’re in with Whitmer, Kidman and this man Tomko. And we won’t have to see them anymore, because the loser, I mean the AOTF, will be gone from Pro Wrestling PRIDE!

Jimmy Jacobs slides into the ring, and snatches the mic right out of Mick’s hand.

Jimmy_Jacobs12.jpg

Jacobs – Foley, you seem so confident that your team is going to win, so let me make a proposition to you. You’re a so called ‘Hardcore Legend.’ You need the money to keep yourself alive, and a little bit more money from a little hardcore match is nothing to you, right?

Foley – A little hardcore match is nothing, but I don’t think that I would stoop that low for me to be in the same ring as you and Lacey, because I can smell her STD from here.

Jacobs – Shut up about my love Lacey, and let me finish what I have to say, you sellout. You think you can get on the crowd’s side by telling funny jokes, but all you’re doing is leaving yourself open to some retaliation. What I was trying to say is that you need to get back into the ring, and I see it in your eyes. You’re still after that one defining moment, that big win to cement your career, and I’ll give you the opportunity on the 17th. Mick Foley, let’s give Team PRIDE an advantage, will you join those 3 has-beens in the deathmatch?

Foley – You’ve got to be kidding me, I already said that I’m not wrestling against you and those other 2 emos, didn’t I? And they don’t even need me, you still will become a victim of hardcore.

Jacobs – I see that you’re a little tough to persuade, but I know that you’ll give in.

Jacobs pushes Foley to a corner, and starts to yell.

Jacobs – Look at you, if I was in your position, if I would have lived your life, I would’ve been filthy rich. I wouldn’t have whored myself out like you did. Basically Mick, you’re a FAILURE, nobody cares about you anymore. And don’t even mention the WWE, because they see you as just another pawn to control. Your stupid family doesn’t even care about you anymore, because you’ve abandoned them so many times that their dad is just Mick now, a figure of the past that they only see 2 or 3 days a year.

Foley grabs Jacobs by the neck, and pushes him on the corner, choking him.

Foley – I’ve had it. You can mess with me all you want, but if you talk about my family, that’s when there’s a problem. You’ve crossed the line too far, and now, you’re going to pay the price from the Mrs. Foley’s little boy. Age of the Fall, I accept your challenge.

Tyler Black and a bloody Harry Smith are standing behind Foley. Black grabs Foley’s mic.

Tyler_Black8.jpg

Black – You played into our trap Foley. Just like every thing else in your career, you got suckered into something else once again. We already knew that you were going to be part in the match, so we brought ourselves our own 4th partner too. He’s the future of Hardcore, and a loyal supporter of our revolution. Get the hell out here man!

Necro_Butcher.jpg

The fans turn around, and the spotlight focuses on a man coming to the ring through the crowd. The Necro Butcher walks to the ring, his hands wrapped in barbed wire. He slides into the ring, and starts to punch at Mick Foley. There’s four men attacking Foley, and Team PRIDE slides into the ring and goes to save the PRIDE Commissioner. A brawl starts, and everyone fights their way to the back.

Simon – What a way for Team PRIDE to get a boost for the MTV show in two weeks, the Hardcore Legend is on their side.

Malenko – But now the Age has Necro Butcher on their team to make it even. They’ve called Butcher the best hardcore fighter since Foley, it’s an intriguing matchup.

Ricky Steamboat is shown walking backstage, and he stumbles upon a bloody Mick Foley.

Ricky_Steamboat2.jpg

Steamboat – Mick, are you OK?

Foley – I’m fine Ricky, never been better.

Steamboat – I’m really hoping that you’re ready to take on the AOTF in that deathmatch you booked, because I really don’t want to lose another member of the PRIDE staff.

Foley – Don’t worry man, I’ll be fine. I am a Hardcore Legend, didn’t you know?

Steamboat – Fine, but you really need to calm yourself right now, because I don’t want to see you go off on someone like the Necro Butcher.

Necro_Butcher.jpg

From out of nowhere, a bloodied Necro Butcher comes to the area the two commissioners are at. He is followed shortly by the other 3 members of the Age of the Fall. He sees the two men, and raises his barbed wire fist. He rushes towards the two and starts to pummel them with right hands, and Jacobs, Black and Smith join in on the beating. Billy Kidman, Tomko, and BJ Whitmer come running from the locker room to save their boss. The two squads brawl again, and they can’t be separated.

VIPLounge.jpg

The camera now shows the entrance stage. I’m Comin’ plays and MVP walks through the curtain, wearing a crispy beige designer suit. He gets booed by the fans, and he walks to the ring. The ring is decorated in black, with “MVP†inscribed on everything. MVP grabs a mic and begins to speak.

MVP - Pro Wrestling PRIDE fans, be lucky to be witness to see the first edition of the VIP Lounge in this promotion. Because not only is it a chance to finally call yourselves a VIP, it’s also a chance for you to see me. I’m the franchise player, Mr. Prime Time, and the reason why you came here tonight. And as Lupe Fiasco said, I am a Superstar. Now let me get down to things right now. That little punk Paul Burchill still thinks he can take me, so I’m going to prove to him today in words why he’s wrong, as always. And I’ll show him why he can’t even touch PRIDE’s greatest athlete.

He looks with a cocky stare at the crowd.

MVP – So now, I’m going to be introducing my guest. This man is royalty, he is the definition of a VIP. He is just the person I would run with, on any day. He’s a true definition of a king. Even though he’s not even close to how good I am, he still would be a pretty tough guy to beat here in PRIDE. He knows lots about Burchill, and that’s why he’s here today. He’s straight from the WWE, on a special appearance here just to be a guest on the VIP Lounge. From Monday Night Raw, please welcome King William Regal!

Blue Blood plays and William Regal walks through the curtain, in a brown suit. He is booed very loudly by the fans. He gets into the ring, and toilet paper is thrown to him.

William_Regal4.jpg

MVP – King Regal, welcome to the VIP Lounge. We’re going to start things off here quick. Tell me your thoughts on your fellow Brit Paul Burchill.

Regal – He’s nothing but a wanker that’s a disgrace to my entire race. Even when I saw him in the WWE, I would shake my head at him, he was so sloppy, and I was ashamed of calling myself made in Britain.

MVP – You even used to tag with him, what was that like, King?

Regal – That was the lowest point of my entire career. Having people put us together because we’re both British is sad. In actuality, we were polar opposites, from wrestling, to class. He and I are the perfect examples of royalty and rags, and you know that the royalty belongs to me.

MVP - Do you think that Pro Wrestling PRIDE’s greatest athlete can beat him in less than 10 minutes?

Regal – Of course, he’s never done anything in his career. Other than being a pirate and having a sister he was in love with, what else has he done? I’m sure that if someone sees him on the streets of London, they wouldn’t know him. He’s a nobody, and I don’t know why these stupid, fat American fans can cheer him. It just shows their stupidity, how in God’s name would you cheer someone that is the equivalent to let’s say, a dog?

MVP – You’re right man, so let’s bring that nobody out here now. Paul Burchill, get yourself down here right now.

Paul Burchill runs to the ring, wearing a shirt and jeans.

Paul_Burchill12.jpg

Regal – Look who it is, if it isn’t Pirate Paul. Paul, why don’t you tell Montel Porter and I how you think you’re going to beat him.

Burchill – Regal, shut up.

Regal – Excuse me, that’s King Regal to you.

Burchill –
I don’t care if you’re the king, I don’t care if you’re my Prime Minister. You’re still just someone that I can’t stand. You think that you’re the king, that you can control everyone now. Now your head has gotten way too big.

Regal – You think you’re funny, eh? Trying to mock me, trying to doubt your king, but who are you? What have you done? And most importantly, why are you, a peasant, trying to talk down on someone who is proven to be better than you?

Burchill – What I lack in royalty, I make up with fighting. I’ve been fighting all of my life, and you’re just the person that I’d crack in the mouth. And MVP, you’re nothing but a coward. Why don’t you fight me now, and forget about the 17th.

MVP – You know that you’re not ready to face PRIDE’s Franchise Player. Burchill, save yourself some misery, and just quit. Right here, right now, lay down so you won’t have to see yourself get embarrassed.

Regal – Burchill, come on. You’re just destroying your career further, and if you do it now, I’ll be able to leave happy.

Burchill runs at Regal, and takes him down with a spear. He starts punching on him, and Regal can’t stop him. Burchill grabs a microphone. MVP slides out of the ring, not wanting to fight.

Burchill – MVP, that’s what you’re going to see when I face you. I don’t give a damn about your VIP Lounge or your salary, I will BREAK you.

Simon – Wow, what a message sent by Paul Burchill.
Masters – MVP did a great job of getting into Burchill’s head, and he didn’t even get touched.
Malenko – Now, we’re going to see the 6 Man Elimination Gauntlet for the last spot in the Ladder match for the International Title.

D’Angelis – The following match is a 6 Man Elimination Gauntlet! The winner will become the final participant in the ladder match for the International Championship!

The Truth Ironside hits and Homicide walks to the ring, and he gets a mixed reaction from the fans.

Homicide.jpg

D’Angelis – The first participant, from Bed Stuy, Do or Die, New York, weighing 223 pounds and standing in at 5 feet 10 inches, Homicide!

Is Anybody Home plays, and Cody Rhodes walks to the ring, getting cheered by the fans in the venue.

Cody_Rhodes.jpg

D’Angelis – The second participant, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing in at 228 pounds, Cody Rhodes!

6ManElim.jpg

6 Man Elimination Gauntlet
Winner gets in the Ladder Match

*Bell Rings*

Rhodes and Homicide quickly get into a lockup to begin the match. Homicide gets Rhodes in a headlock, and tries to take him down. Rhodes counters quickly, putting Cide in the same hold. Rhodes takes him down with a headlock takeover. Rhodes still has the lock on, and Cide gets his leg up to pull Rhodes out from the hold. Cide puts Rhodes in a legscissors, and Rhodes’ hold is released. Rhodes rolls over to his stomach and stands on his head between Cide’s legs, trying to escape quickly. Rhodes jumps back and is out of the clutch of Homicide. Both men get up and are at a standstill. Homicide runs against the ropes, and nails a big right hand on Cody. Rhodes gets hooked in for a suplex, but he gets out of it. Cide runs to the ropes again, and Cody drops down to his stomach. He gets up, and catches Homicide with a power arm drag. Rhodes still has the arm of Homicide held, and brings him up to his feet. Rhodes dropkicks the arm of Cide, and tosses him against the ropes. Rhodes drops to his back, and tries to monkey flip Homicide. Cide rolls over and through, and Rhodes rolls to his knees to get up. Homicide connects with a high knee to the face. Cover. 1…2… Rhodes got his left shoulder off of the mat.

Malenko – Remember, Homicide has to save his energy, he has another match to wrestle.
Simon – That’s right, and he has to come up big in that match too for the SST.

Homicide gets up, and picks Rhodes up off of the mat. He goes behind Rhodes, and throws him over with a German Suplex. Rhodes flips and lands on his feet, and Homicide turns around and tries to continue his offense. Rhodes catches him and turns him around with a nice powerslam, and he covers. 1…2… Homicide kicked out. Rhodes runs against the ropes and goes for an elbow, but Homicide moved out of the way. Homicide baseball slides into the face of Rhodes, who was lying on the mat stomach first. Homicide jumps up to the top rope, and Rhodes gets up quick. Homicide jumps off, and tries to drop his elbow on the back of Rhodes’ head. Rhodes moved out of the way, and Homicide lands on his feet. Both of Homicide’s arms are hooked for a suplex. Rhodes is pushed away, and Homicide charges at Cody. Cide’s lariat attempt was ducked, and Cody holds his stomach. Homicide runs and drops Rhodes down with the Ace Crusher. Homicide gets up, and calls for the finish of the match. Rhodes gets up, and Homicide tries to hook both his arms for the Cop Killa. Cody pushes Homicide out of the way, and to the ropes. Rhodes walks over to Homicide and tries to bring him overhead with a back suplex, but Homicide slips out of it behind Rhodes. He throws Rhodes against the ropes. Cide tries to catch him for a belly to belly suplex, but Cody stopped himself and dropkicked Homicide in the side of the head. Homicide falls back, leaning against the turnbuckles in the corner. Rhodes goes for a hard corner clothesline, but Homicide rolls out of the way, to the middle of the ring. Rhodes stops himself from hitting the turnbuckle and jumps up to the middle rope, facing the crowd. He jumps off and turns around, connecting a flying crossbody press onto Homicide. Before Rhodes could get the pin, Homicide rolled through, pinning Cody Rhodes in a small package.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Cody Rhodes has been eliminated!

Paul_London9.jpg

Battle Without Honor or Humanity plays and Paul London runs to the ring.

D’Angelis – The next participant in the match, from Austin, Texas, standing 5 feet 10 inches, weighing 203 pounds, Paul London!

Paul London jumps up onto the apron, and he sees Homicide running towards him. Paul London slingshots into the ring with an inverted dropkick. Homicide is shocked, and holds his chest. London throws Homicide against the ropes, and delivers with a spinning wheel kick. London raises his hands up, and waits for Cide to get back to his feet, holding the ropes. Cide gets to his feet quick, and London springboards on the inside ropes. He tries to go for a hurracanrana, but the Notorious 187 caught him. Homicide pushes London’s upper body down, setting up a piledriver. Homicide runs, and dumps London right on his head with a nasty piledriver. 1…2… London kicked out. Homicide gets up, and pulls London up to his knees. Cide kicks repeatedly at Paul’s face as a sign of disrespect. He backs up and goes for a dropkick, but London dropped to the mat to avoid it. London handstands back to his feet, and he kicks Cide with a dropsault. Homicide steps back, leaning against a rope. London runs towards him, but Cide catches him with a boot to the face. Homicide springboards and tries to go for a lariat, but London moved out of the way, holding his face. Both Cide and London run against the ropes. An enziguiri from London is blocked when Homicide backs away. London is on his knees, and he gets dropkicked in the face. Homicide continues his attack by going behind London, wanting to set up the Cop Killa. London switches, and goes face to face with Cide. He kicks Cide’s legs out from under him, and nails a Legsweep DDT. London gets up, runs and nails a Standing Shooting Star Press! London gets up, and climbs to the top rope. London jumps off, and he nails his signature 450 Splash! London hooks Homicide’s leg for the cover…
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Homicide has been eliminated!

La Grange hits and Ken Dykstra walks through the curtain raising his hands. He gets cheered by the crowd as he runs to the ring.

Kenny_Dykstra5.jpg

D’Angelis – Next, from Worcester, Massachusetts, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, weighing 225 pounds, Ken Dykstra!

Dykstra and London face each other in the middle of the ring, and the two shake hands. They circle each other, looking to take the other down. Dykstra gets the quick advantage, pulling London’s legs out with a takedown. Dykstra capitalizes by grabbing hold of his leg, and starts to drop his knee onto it. He sole kicks the knee area of London, wanting to bring London down. Dykstra now attempts to drop his elbow to the chest of London. London rolls out of the way, gets up and goes for a senton. Dykstra rolls out of the way and goes for another elbow drop. Paul kicks up to avoid it, and the two stare at each other. The fans applaud. London and Dykstra get in a test of strength. Dykstra is stronger, and London starts to fall to his back. London saves himself by using Dykstra’s arms to backflip and get control, twisting both arms of Dykstra. London uses his legs to kick at Dykstra’s legs, making him grimace in pain. London dropkicks the chest of Dykstra to get out of the test of strength, and control the match at his pace. He runs towards Dykstra, trying to go for a running crossbody, but Ken catches him. The former Spirit Squad member drops London down with a hard front powerslam.

Simon – There’s that strength advantage, that’s where Paul London wishes he was 10 pounds heavier.
Masters – Or 4 inches taller.

Dykstra gets up, and London is on his feet, holding his back. Ken tosses him against the ropes. Paul stops himself, and holds onto the top rope to avoid running back in the ring. Dykstra runs and baseball slides himself out of the ring, knocking away the feet of London. Dykstra gets back into the ring and slingshots his body. London gets hit with a slingshot twisting elbow drop, and Dykstra covers. 1…2… London kicked out, and Dykstra rolls Paul over to his back. Kenny tried to go for a falling senton elbow drop, but London moved out of the way. Dykstra holds his arm, and London gets up. Paul grabs the arm of Dykstra, and runs to a corner with him held. London balances himself on the top rope, and flies to Dykstra while still holding the arm. He falls on the arm of Dykstra with a top rope leg drop. London makes the cover. 1…2… Dykstra kicked out, and London waits in the corner for Dykstra to get to his feet. London shuffles towards Kenny for a superkick, but it’s blocked. Dykstra has hold of Paul’s leg, and hooks it in, and he delivers with a hard capture back suplex. Kenny climbs to the top rope, and signals for his Sky High leg drop. He flies off, and nails it perfectly. He stays on London for a pin attempt.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Paul London has been eliminated!

Hey Sandy plays, and Chuck Taylor stands on the entrance stage, and he walks to the ring. He yells at the kids in the front row, and makes some funny comment to a fat ass in the crowd.

Chuck_Taylor2.jpg

D’Angelis – The next participant, from Raccoon City, weighing 185 pounds and standing 6 foot 1 inch tall, Chuck Taylor!

Taylor slides into the ring and backs away from Dykstra. He talks to Dykstra, and he makes a crack about the fat fan again. He tries to be a peacemaker, and doesn’t want to get hurt by Dykstra. Ken said he wanted to win, so he started to attack Taylor. Dykstra brings right hands to Chucky T, bringing him to a corner. The ref tells him to back away, and he does so. Dykstra runs back towards the corner, and Chuck got both of his feet up, stopping Kenny. Taylor gets back to the middle of the ring, and chops Kenny in the chest, followed by a stiff back hand strike. This leaves Kenny open for any move. He grabs the arm of Dykstra, puts his foot on the side of Kenny’s head, and drops back in the move he calls the Soul Food. Taylor gets to his feet, and grabs the arm of Kenny, and puts it behind his back. Chuck tries to bring him up for an arm barred back suplex, but Dykstra reversed it into a neckbreaker. Dykstra drops his knee onto Taylor’s arm, and puts it into a painful arm lock, pulling Taylor’s arm up and stretching it back, with the elbow pointing to the ceiling.

Simon – Chuck Taylor has gotten serious, but he has to get out of the key lock he’s in right now.

Chuck gets to his feet and grabs Kenny’s head. He tries to break out of the hold with a cutter, but the attempt goes for nothing. Chuck sweeps Kenny’s feet out from under him and it breaks the submission. Chucky kicks Kenny in the stomach, and whips him to the turnbuckles. Chuck tries to go for a running knee strike, but Kenny moved out of the way. Chuck turned around and slapped Dykstra in the chest, and elbowed him in the face. Chuck Taylor picks Dykstra up on his shoulders. He runs out of the corner and delivers with a rolling fireman’s carry slam. Taylor finishes the combo off by jumping to the second rope and connecting with a moonsault. Taylor covers. 1…2… Kick out. Taylor looks a little frustrated, and he pulls Kenny back up to his feet. Taylor strikes Kenny with several punches and slaps, and scoops him up for the Omega Driver. Chuck Taylor’s finisher was reversed into a jackknife pin. 1…2… Chuck got his shoulder up, and Kenny got up and quickly dropped a knee on Taylor’s face. Chuck is up, holding his face. Kenny pulls him in for his Muscle Cutter. Before he could pick Chuck up, he is put in an attempted stunner. Dykstra gets out of the move, and turns around. He pulls both arms of Chuck Taylor over, and into a backslide pin.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Chuck Taylor has been eliminated!

Magnum PI hits, and Joey Ryan struts to the ring, alongside Larry Sweeney.

Joey_Ryan12.jpg

D’Angelis – The final participant, from Los Angeles, California, standing 5 feet 10 inches, weighing 224 pounds, Joey ‘Magnum’ Ryan!

Larry Sweeney grabs a mic before Joey enters the ring.

Sweeney – Joey Ryan, you’d better get into that ladder match, because your ass is on the line. Sweet and Sour Incorporated can go without losers. So do it for the money baby!

Joey Ryan slides in the ring, and starts to attack Dykstra. He punches him to the corner, and slaps him as a sign of disrespect. Joey drives a knee into the midsection of Kenny, and he’s forced to back up. Dykstra gets out of the corner, and ducks under a clothesline. Ryan hits the turnbuckle hard, and Dykstra starts to open up with some offense. Dykstra chops Joey in the chest, and holds his head for a monkey flip. Dykstra drops down, but Joey holds the rope to avoid the move. Ryan starts to stomp on Kenny, and then drops his leg onto him. Joey picks him up, and drops Dykstra drops him back down with a backbreaker. Kenny is up, holding his back. Joey pushes Dykstra chest first into the turnbuckle pad, and grabs him by the waist for a German Suplex. Dykstra holds on to the ropes, and elbows Ryan in the face to release the waist grab. Dykstra jumps to the second rope, and he jumps and turns, flying to Joey Ryan. He connects with a diving flying clothesline to Joey Ryan, and both get knocked to the middle of the ring. Kenny Dykstra makes the cover. 1…2… Joey Ryan kicked out.

Masters – That’s where being last is the advantage. He has more energy than Kenny Dykstra. And I bet that he’s a better dancer too.

Ken gets up, and Joey soon follows. Dykstra grabs Joey in a headlock, and knees him in the face. Ryan battles back with right and left hand shots to the side of Dykstra. Joey steps on Kenny’s foot and has control. Ryan brings Dykstra down with a big vertical suplex. Joey starts to stomp on the ribs of Kenny, after listening to the words of Larry Sweeney. He backs up and goes for a running leg drop, but Dykstra rolls himself out of the ring. Dykstra is face to face with Larry Sweeney, and the super agent starts to mock Kenny. Dykstra goes face to face with him, and slaps him in the face. Dykstra turns around, and Joey Ryan looks like he’s going to fly out of the ring. Joey Ryan jumps up, but he pulls himself back down, faking out the crowd. Dykstra gets up on the apron, and forearms Joey Ryan. Magnum steps backwards, and Kenny slingshots his own body into the ring. Joey Ryan jumps up and dropkicks the chest of the flying Dykstra. Ken fell back, and he leans on the turnbuckles. Joey Ryan capitalizes, by bringing Ken up to the second rope. He signals for the Moustache Ride, but Dykstra punches him in the face to save himself. Joey gets up to the top rope, and kicks down to the head of Dykstra. Ken fights back, and he lifts Joey Ryan up. Joey Ryan just got dumped onto the mat with a top rope back body drop. Dykstra climbs up to the top rope, and he jumps off. Dykstra just nailed the Sky High Leg Drop! There’s a cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Ken Dykstra!

Simon – What a win by Ken Dykstra, and he can become the PRIDE International Champion on the 17th.
Malenko – Now we know who will be in that match, and we can make our predictions now.

SCS.jpg

The camera shows the locker room of the Second City Saints. Colt Cabana, CM Punk and Ace Steel are seen talking.

Cabana – Hey, tonight the Second City Saints are here in New Jersey. Hey Punk, you want to do our tribute to Bon Jovi?

Punk – Cabana, shut up, I’m in my zone.

Cabana – Fine, then what about singing a song from Springsteen?

Steel –
No.

Cabana – Fine, let’s just go to the ring with baggy pants to our knees and a do rag, because we need to make fun of the Strong Style Thugs, right? Right? Come on guys, let’s do it.

Punk –
Sure Cabana, you can do that all by yourself. But tonight, we’re facing the Strong Style Thugs. This is Samoa Joe’s group, so we have to bust our ass here tonight. Samoa Joe will see what I can do when you piss me off. He made me tap out last week, but later tonight, I’ll do the same thing to him. I’ve seen what I could do to him, and at Uprising, it’ll be all Punk, and I’ll become the PRIDE Champion. And I need you two to help me out, because I don’t want to get jumped by Joe and his “thugs.â€

Cabana – Oh come on Punk, we can make it a good old fashioned gang war. We can have an old school rap off, a dance off, and maybe a good old fashioned fight. It can be just like the 90’s with the East Coast against the West Coast stuff. Joe can be the Biggie Smalls, and you can be the…

Punk – I’ll be the what?

Cabana – Oh shit, Tupac’s dead. Or he’s supposed to be, that’s what legend says.

Steel – Actually, the legend is that he’s dead. We all know that he’s still alive.

Cabana – OK, whatever, we’ll still win. The Strong Style Thugs had better watch out, because the Strong Style Thugs, we are True Thuganomics! Word Life!

Punk – Sure.

---------------INTERMISSION---------------

D’Angelis – The following match is a singles match scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute Time Limit! The winner will receive the final spot in the 3 Way Match for the PRIDE Lightweight Title at Uprising!

Lo Qué Paso Paso blasts throughout the area and Rocky Romero steps through the curtain, doing his Azucar dance. He’s booed by the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – First, from Los Angles, California, standing in at 5 feet 9 inches, weighing in at 178 pounds, Rocky ‘Azucar’ Romero!

Clavicle plays, and Matt Sydal walks onto the stage, flexing. He walks to the ring, slapping hands with the fans.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, from St. Louis, Missouri, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 177 pounds, Matt Sydal!

RockyvsSydal.jpg

Singles Match
Winner gets in 3 Way Match

Rocky Romero vs Matt Sydal

*Bell Rings*

The two go face to face to start the match up. They circle each other, trying to go for a lock up. Rocky gets the quick advantage by going behind Sydal, and wrestling him to his knees. Sydal gets out quickly, and the two separate. The two get in a lock up, and Sydal has the waistlock on. Romero grabs the arm of Sydal and brings him to the mat. Romero puts the grounded Sydal in a leg scissors. Sydal rolls out of it, grabbing the leg of Rocky and putting it into a lying half crab. Rocky crawls to the ropes and escapes the submission. Both get up, and move back to the middle of the ring. Romero grabs the arm of Matt in a wristlock. Sydal rolls over and up, sweeping Romero’s legs. Sydal falls on top of Rocky for a pin, but Romero pushes Sydal away. The two both get up and stand in a fighting position again. Romero lunges at the leg of Sydal, but Matt moves out of the way. Romero looks confused, and Sydal rolls him up. 1… Romero rolls over, and up to his knees. Sydal waits for him to get up, and Romero gets tossed to the ropes. Sydal tries to hip toss Mr. Azucar, but Romero stops himself from flying by locking his knees, and he arm drags Sydal. Sydal lands miraculously on his feet and he lands on his feet. The two look at each other from across the ring again, and the fans applaud.

Sydal runs against the ropes, and tries to shoulder block Romero to the mat. Romero sidestepped, which keeps Sydal running. Romero grabs Sydal and throws him over with a back body drop. The cocky member of the NRC does his trademark Azucar dance while Sydal is down. Sydal gets up, and Rocky runs towards him. Sydal catches him, and throws him to the amt with a power arm drag. Romero gets up quick, and Sydal runs quickly to the ropes. He springboards, and takes Romero down with a springboard arm drag. Romero rolls back to his feet, but he looks weak. Sydal jumps up and dropkicks Romero in the face. Sydal raises his hands up and shows some emotion. Romero gets up slowly, and Sydal grabs him from the back in a pumphandle. Romero is able to counter by kicking Sydal in the face with his boot. Romero escapes and stands on his feet. Romero and Sydal stand face to face. Romero uses MMA style round kicks to the upper leg to soften up Matt. Rocky follows with some hard forearm strikes to the face. Romero backs up, jumps up and knocks Sydal over with a jumping knee strike. He proceeds to do his Azucar dance again.

Simon – The cockiness of Rocky Romero showing right there, as he does his Azucar dance.
Masters – Which is sugar in Spanish, just so you know.
Malenko – I could really care less Masters.

Romero steps on Sydal for a cocky cover. 1…2… Sydal grabbed Rocky’s leg and swept him to the mat. Sydal rolls him over, and puts Romero in an inverted STF. Romero tries to grab a rope, but he’s stuck in the middle of the ring. Rocky bites the hand of Sydal to break up the lock. Sydal gets up, favoring his hand. He runs to the ropes and springboards. He jumps and tries to go for a diving springboard leg drop. Romero rolls out of the way and onto his feet. He stomps the face of Sydal, and grabs both of his arms. Romero drops to his back, putting Sydal in a surfboard submission. Sydal yells in pain as his body is off the ground, being held by Romero. Rocky rolls the submission over, which inflicts more pain. He loses his grip, and the hold is released. Sydal is on all fours, and Rocky punts him in the face. Sydal falls back, and he is slumped in the corner. Romero runs and dropkicks the cornered Sydal, and he then makes the cover. 1…2… Sydal got his foot on the bottom rope. Romero brings Sydal to a standing base, and pulls him in for a throw over exploder suplex. Romero’s attempt is reversed, when Sydal backs up to the second turnbuckle and grabs Romero’s head. Sydal jumps off of the second rope, dropping Rocky down with a Tornado DDT.

Malenko – High flying just stopped high impact right there, with Sydal dropping Rocky down with a Tornado DDT.
Simon – Matt Sydal might be looking for a big move here, he needs to come back if he wants to win.

Romero is standing in the middle of the ring, holding his head. Sydal walks towards him, and grabs him in an inverted facelock. Sydal raises his hand up and drapes his leg over Romero’s neck. He drops himself into a split, driving Romero down with the Slice Drop. Sydal gets up and signals for the standing moonsault. He jumps up and lands on Romero with the Cannonball standing moonsault. He makes the cover. 1…2… Romero kicked out, and Sydal jumps up to the top rope. Romero gets up and Sydal flies towards him. Romero steps out of the way, but Sydal landed on his feet. Romero brings the dazed Sydal down with a half nelson suplex. Romero goes to the outside apron, and he slingshots into the ring. He connects with a slingshot senton on Sydal. Sydal gets to his knees after the move, and Romero connects with an enziguiri to the side of the head. Rocky Romero lifts his knee onto the stomach of Matt, and raises him in a standing position. Romero hooks both arms of Sydal for a double arm suplex. Sydal is lifted up, and Romero keeps him up there. Out of nowhere, Sydal used his legs to bring Romero down with a hurracanrana.

Matt Sydal gets to his feet, and springboards on the top rope. He tries to finish a moonsault, but Romero moved out of the way. Sydal lands on his feet, and he runs up to the top turnbuckle. Romero realizes the position of Sydal and Romero gets to the corner. He climbs to the second rope, and the two exchange hard forearms. Romero climbs to the top rope, and the two men strike each other harder. Romero pokes Sydal in the eye and grabs his arm. Romero jumps off with Sydal, putting Matt in his armbar. Romero’s hold is locked in tight, and Sydal is screaming in pain. Matt is able to touch the bottom rope with his free arm. Rocky releases his hold just before the ref counted 5. Matt and Rocky get up and are both on their feet in the middle of the ring. Sydal runs against the ropes and springboards, trying to go for a flying springboard crossbody. Romero sees Matt and catches him, and drives him to the mat with a big ura-nage slam. Sydal is seated, and Romero backs up for the Knockout Kick. He attempts the stiff round kick, but Sydal dropped to his back. Romero spins and is dizzy after missing the kick. Sydal kicks up, and he stands behind Rocky. Matt scoops his opponent up in a pumphandle, and he connects with the Here it is Driver. Sydal goes to the corner and jumps up to the turnbuckle. He signals for the finish and jumps off. Matt Sydal just nailed a beautiful Shooting Star Press! He covers.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Matt Sydal!

Malenko – Matt Sydal just made a big impact, and now, he’s in the running for the Lightweight Title.
Simon – He’ll be joining Scorpio Sky and Jay Lethal in that match, and it should be very exciting.
Malenko – Now, Samoa Joe, Homicide, B-Boy and Hernandez are with Lena Yada.

SST.jpg

The camera shows the backstage area, where the 4 Strong Style Thugs are with Lena.

Lena – Thanks guys. Right now, I’m here with the Strong Style Thugs, led by Samoa Joe. Joe, you, Homicide and B-Boy are taking on the Second City Saints later. Do you have any statements to make about yourself or the SCS?

Joe – You know what, the 6 man match will be something to see. Last week, I made CM Punk tap out to the Choke. This week, I plan on doing the exact same thing, and making Punk, Cabana and Ace Steel fall victim to us.

Lena – Now, with Homicide and B-Boy, how do you think you’re going to beat them?

Joe – We’re going to beat them any way we want bitch. Whether if we choke them all out, or if we break their arms, we’re coming away with the victory. CM Punk doesn’t know what’s coming to him on the 17th, and he’ll come face to face with, me once again tonight. And I’ll show him why I’m going to be PRIDE Champion. Honestly, there’s no more competition anymore, it’s all Joe now.

Homicide – And Colt Cabana and Ace Steel had better watch their backs too, because we’ve got me and my man B-Boy right here, backing the future PRIDE Champion up. Even though I wrestled already tonight, I’ve still got a ton of energy left in me, and I’m using that on those freaks called the Second city Saints. Colt Cabana, you already know that I’m going to make you bleed, we already saw it. You think that you’re so funny, but when you see the Notorious 187, I’ll be getting the last laugh.

B-Boy – And don’t forget that we have our boy big Hernandez on your side, so you’d better be scared Saints. And those little punks from Chi Town will better be crawling back home, because we live up to our name, we are Strong Style. We’ll slice and dice, and break bones. The Strong Style Thugs are here to crush CM Punk and his little gang of fakes.

Lena – Ok guys, now back to PRIDE action.

The camera shows the middle of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following match is a Four Way Tag Team Title Match! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute Time Limit! The team that receives the pinfall will become the first participants in the Tag Team Survival Match!

Decimation hits, and Erick Stevens and Matt Cross step through the curtain, getting a mixed reaction from the fans.

D’Angelis – First, weighing in at a combined weight of 430 pounds, the team of Erick Stevens and M-Dogg Matt Cross, they are the Resilience!

I Don’t Wanna Stop plays, and Brent Albright and Dan Rodman walk to the ring, getting cheered by the fans.

D’Angelis – Approaching the ring, weighing in at a combined weight of 505 pounds, Dan Rodman and Brent Albright, they are the Muscle Militia!

Ain’t No Stopping Me plays, and Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin walk through the curtain. They get booed by the fans, and Burke and Benjamin just mock them.

D’Angelis – Next, weighing in at a combined weight of 450 pounds, Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke, The New Nation!

Beautiful Disaster plays, and Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin get cheered by the fans as they enter the venue.

D’Angelis – Finally, from Detroit, Michigan, weighing at a combined weight of 425 pounds, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, they are the Murder City Machine Guns!

Malenko – Last week, we saw Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero become the last entrants in the gauntlet, right now, we’re going to find the unlucky first entrants.
Simon – This is a completely different match than what we saw last week, because on the last show, you were fighting for yourself. But tonight, there will only be one loser, which means 3 teams can work together to bring down one.

4WayTag.jpg

Four Way Tag Team Match
Losers Become First Participants in Survival Gauntlet
The Resilience vs Muscle Militia vs the New Nation vs Murder City Machine Guns

*Bell Rings*

Alex Shelley and Elijah Burke start off the match. The two men lock up, but Burke quickly breaks it, and starts to punch Shelley. Burke’s strikes hit right to the face of Shelley, and he tries to cover up the best he can. Burke pulls Shelley to his corner and tags in Shelton Benjamin. Burke punches Shelley while Benjamin uses his shoulder as a battering ram on Shelley’s midsection. Benjamin is left in the ring, and he grabs Shelley for a belly to belly suplex. Shelley reverses it into an STO, and he runs against the ropes. Matt Cross gets the blind tag in, and Shelley sentons himself onto Benjamin. Cross jumps into the ring with a springboard and dropkicks Shelley out of the ring. Cross stands up, and connects with a cartwheel elbow drop to Shelton. Cross makes the cover. 1…2… Elijah Burke broke up the pin. Burke pulls Cross up to a standing base, and drops him with an inverted atomic drop. Shelton is up and he runs against the ropes. He stops himself and slaps Brent Albright, signaling a tag. Albright runs at Cross, and immediately starts to attack him. He starts his offensive with hard knee lift strikes to the head, and then some brutal knife edged chops to the chest. Albright whips him against the ropes, and brings Cross to the mat with a belly to belly suplex.

Malenko – Brent Albright is the most explosive wrestlers in this matchup right now.
Masters – Who? Do you mean Gunner Scott?

Albright gets to his corner, and tags in his partner Dan Rodman. Rodman walks towards Cross, and picks him up. The big man picks M-Dogg up in a military press, showing his strength. Matt Cross is able to use his quickness to escape, and he drives Dan to the mat with an inverted DDT. Cross jumps up, and lunges towards his corner, tagging in Erick Stevens. Rodman runs at him, and hits him with a hard clothesline, pushing Stevens to the ropes. Rodman tosses him to the opposite rope, and drives him down with a big spinebuster. He makes the cover. 1…2… Stevens kicked out, and he gets up to his feet. The two biggest men in the match exchange hard chops. Rodman is the most damaged, and Stevens brings him down with a backbreaker. Rodman still stands on his feet, clutching his back. Rodman is dazed and falls to a corner. Chris Sabin tagged Rodman out, and Stevens runs towards the corner. He misses the corner body splash, and Sabin jumps into the ring. Chris runs and dropkicks the back of the cornered Stevens, and Sabin lifts the big guy up and puts him in the tree of woe. Shelley gets in the ring and assists his tag team partner. Shelley first baseball slides in the face of Stevens, which gives way for a big hesitation dropkick from Sabin.

Sabin makes the cover. 1…2… Burke and Benjamin get into the ring and pick Chris right off of Stevens, and they look to hit some double team moves. Burke grabs Sabin in a waistlock. Shelton superkicks Chris’ face, and Elijah proceeds with a big release German Suplex. Sabin is on his knees and Erick Stevens runs towards him. Erick brings Sabin to the mat with a running big boot to the face. Stevens tags out to Matt Cross. Stevens brings Sabin up with a military press, and Cross jumps off the top rope with a double stomp to Sabin’s back. Stevens brings Sabin to the mat with a powerslam. Cross makes the cover. 1…2… Burke was in to break up the pin attempt, and he spits in Matt’s face. He drags Sabin to the New Nation corner, and forced a tag to Shelton Benjamin. Shelton and Elijah place Sabin on the top rope for a double superplex. They get up to the second rope, but Sabin kicked both of them in the gut, and holds their heads. Sabin jumps off, and dumps both men on their head with a double super Tornado DDT. Sabin gets a desperation tag to Alex Shelley.

Simon – Wow, Sabin just saved himself in a great way with that Tornado DDT.
Malenko – Shelley can go wild now after that last move. He’s also pretty fresh, having only wrestled in the beginning of the match.

Shelley runs in the ring and springboards on the ropes. He lands on both Burke and Benjamin with a springboard moonsault, and he makes the cover on Benjamin. 1…2… Burke broke it up, and Benjamin gets to his feet, and he lunges toward a random corner for a tag. Benjamin tags in Brent Albright. Albright and Shelley face each other, and they exchange forearms. Albright tries to hit a scoop move, but Shelley pushed him away. Shelley sprints towards him and drops Albright’s face onto his knee. Shelley runs to the ropes and connects with a big back elbow, sending Albright to the ropes. Shelley attempted a running dropkick, but Albright sidestepped and stands on the apron. Albright slingshots himself in the ring, clotheslining Shelley to the mat. Albright runs to his corner and tags in Dan Rodman. Dan gets in the ring, and catches a running Shelley with a powerslam. Rodman runs against the ropes, and fell on Shelley with a spinning leg drop. He picks Shelley up, and tries to bring him down with a gutbuster, but it is easily countered into a double knee lung blower. A tired Rodman tags in Erick Stevens.

Stevens brings Shelley down with a running elbow. Shelley gets up slowly, and Stevens picks him up in a gutwrench. Shelley escapes, and superkicks Stevens, sending him backwards. Shelley runs to the ropes, and Shelton Benjamin tags himself in. Shelley jumps up and attempts a crossbody, but Stevens caught him with a spinning side slam. Stevens is up and he flexes, and Shelton Benjamin jumps off of the top rope. Shelton brings Stevens down with a moonsault press, knocking Stevens down. Shelton brings Stevens back up. Shelton punches the big man and tries to finish the match with the T-Bone Suplex. Stevens pushes Shelton away, and he backs to a corner. Chris Sabin tags himself in, and he runs at Shelton. He rolls through to throw Shelton off of his game, and then kicks him in the side of the head with an enziguiri. Burke gets into the ring to save his partner, but Shelley comes in to even the odds. The Machine Guns get the advantage, and they hit stereo superkicks to the two Nation members. Shelley and Sabin call for the end of the match, and they ask Matt Cross to hit the Crossfire. He jumps off the top rope, and nails the move to perfection to both Burke and Benjamin. Shelley grabs both Burke and Benjamin and runs straight to a corner. He runs against the turnbuckles and hits a double Sliced Bread #2! He and Sabin make the cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – The losers of this match are Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke!

Simon – Bad news for Burke and Benjamin, they are now the first entrants in the Survival Gauntlet.
Masters – This totally throws all the predictions of them winning out the window now.
Malenko – They did look pretty good as a team, but when 6 other people are on you, there’s nothing they can do.
Simon – It’s main event time now, and we’re going to see one exciting match.

D’Angelis – The following match is the main event! It is a six man tag team match scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute Time Limit!

Mama Said Knock you Out blasts through the speakers, and the fans give mixed cheers and boos. The Strong Style Thugs walk through the curtain, with serious looks on their faces. They are accompanied by Hernandez.

D’Angelis – First, the team of B-Boy, Homicide and Samoa Joe, they are the Strong Style Thugs!

Miseria Cantare plays, and the fans immediately clap along to the song. The Second City Saints walk to the ring. CM Punk and Ace Steel have serious looks on their faces, but Colt Cabana has a big smile on his face.

D’Angelis – Their opponents, from Chicago, Illinois, Ace Steel, Colt Cabana and CM Punk, the Second City Saints!

SCSvsSST-1.jpg

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Strong Style Thugs vs The Second City Saints

*Bell Rings*

To begin the match, Samoa Joe and CM Punk face off again, battling with a lockup. Joe gets Punk in a headlock first, and throws him to the mat with a takedown. Punk quickly escapes with a legscissors, and then a headlock on the Samoan. Joe reverses it easily with a legscissors, and Punk tries to escape. Punk rolls to his stomach and kneels, trying to escape Joe’s clutch. Punk jumps from side to side, and gets out. Punk round kicks the head of Joe to stop him from grabbing him. CM Punk tags in Ace Steel. Steel comes in, and he clotheslines Joe. Joe doesn’t even budge, and Steel gets chopped hard from him. Joe continues to make Steel’s chest red, and he drags him into the corner of the SST. B-Boy gets in the match, and he and Joe both stomp at Steel’s chest. B-Boy backs up and then dropkicks Steel in the chest. B-Boy runs out of the corner with Steel carried. He slams Steel to the mat with a running sidewalk slam. He covers. 1…2… Ace kicked out, and B-Boy gets up to deliver a move. B-Boy tried a falling senton, but Steel rolled out of the way and to his corner. He tags in CM Punk.

Malenko – Steel and B-Boy had a nice little showing there, but now it’s CM Punk’s time to take on the West Coast Thug.

Simon – It’s a matchup I’ve been dying to see since the Punk and Joe shoot interview, which you can pick up at http://www.rohwrestling.com/

Punk gets in the ring and tries to clothesline B-Boy, but he ducks. Punk is able to stop himself, and he sole kicks B-Boy in the stomach. He follows with a suplex, and Punk rolls over for a cover. 1…2… B-Boy kicked out. Punk picks him up and tries to nail a backbreaker. B-Boy reversed it into an inverted headscissors. Punk is thrown to the SST Corner, and B-Boy tags in Homicide. Homicide and B-Boy double dropkick Punk, and bring him overhead with a double belly to belly suplex. Homicide and B-Boy both baseball slide onto both sides of Punk’s head. Homicide covers Punk. 1…2… CM Punk kicked out, and Homicide runs against the ropes. Homicide goes for a running knee strike, but Punk sidesteps. Punk gets out of the ring and jumps back in. He lands on Cide with a somersault senton. Punk stands up, and waits for the Notorious 187 to get to his feet. Punk runs to Cide’s back, grabs his arm and sweeps his leg, throwing him down with a DDT. Punk makes the pin attempt. 1…2… Cide kicked out, and Punk drags him to his corner. Colt Cabana is tagged into the match, and they try to keep Homicide isolated.

Simon – Good strategy by the Saints to keep Homicide in. Remember, he already was in action tonight.
Masters – That’s where they need Hernandez.

Cabana and Homicide get into it, and as Homicide gets up, Cabana delivers some shots to the face of Homicide. Cabana tries to throw Homicide to the ropes, but the 187 counters into his own throw. Cabana gets dropkicked by Cide, and he makes the cover. 1…2… Cabana kicked out, and Homicide stays on Colt, starting to punch him stiff in the face. Homicide stands up and stomps Cabana hard in the face several times. Homicide tags in Samoa Joe. Joe picks up Cabana and throws him to the ropes. Cabana holds the ropes to protect himself. Samoa Joe misses a move to throw Cabana out of the ring, and Colt grabs him by the head. Colt drives big Joe down with an elbow drop bulldog. Cabana has a smile on his face, and drops his leg on Joe. He makes the cover. 1…2… Homicide punted Cabana in the face to break up the pin. Joe gets to his feet, and slaps Cabana in the face several times. Joe leans Cabana on the ropes, and chops him in the chest. Joe backs up and runs at him, going for a big boot to knock him out of the ring. Cabana moves out of the way and peppers Joe with forearms. Joe comes back with a big slap to the face. Joe clotheslines Cabana out of the ring after the big slap.

Cabana is recovering on the outside, and Joe runs against the ropes. He flies out of the ring and hammers Cabana with his tope suicida to forearm smash. B-Boy gets out of the ring, and he starts to attack Cabana, trying to help out Joe. Ace Steel comes to even the odds. Hernandez comes from the other side of the ring, and he helps out the SST. CM Punk jumps off of the apron and drops the hammer down on Hernandez. Homicide is the only man left in the ring, and he runs against the ropes. He yells his crew’s name and flies through the ropes. He connects with his trademark suicide tope con hilo. Everyone is down, and the fans start to chant “Holy Shit.†Cabana gets up first, and is shortly followed by the 187. They start to brawl ringside, and Cabana is tossed into the guardrail. Joe is up, and he runs at the weak Cabana, delivering the Ole kick. CM Punk sees his partner weakened, and he jumps on Samoa Joe, punching him stiffly. B-Boy is on the apron, and runs off of it, going to fly. He attempts a body splash to the 4 guys, but Cabana and Punk rolled out of the way. B-Boy only hits his partners Samoa Joe and Homicide.

Colt Cabana grabs Samoa Joe and throws him into the ring. He makes the cover. 1…2… Joe kicked out, and Cabana gets to his feet. He tags in Ace Steel. Steel springboards against the ropes and drops his elbow on Joe, and he makes the cover. 1…2… Homicide breaks up the cover, pushing Steel from outside the ring. Joe gets up, and he recuperates, holding his head. He picks Steel off of the floor, and throws him over with a fallaway slam. Joe stands up and drops his knee onto Steel’s throat. Joe tags in Homicide. Homicide comes off of the top turnbuckle and squashes Steel with a flying frog splash. Steel is on his knees, and B-Boy gets in the ring to assist Cide. B runs at Steel and he connects with his shining wizard. Homicide round kicks Steel in the back of the head. Cide makes the cover. 1…2… Cabana comes in and saves his partner. Homicide slaps Colt in the face, and smashes Cabana’s face against his knee, and Cabana rolls out of the ring. Steel is getting up slowly, and Homicide gets behind him and throws him over with a German Suplex. Steel is slouched in the corner of the SST, and Homicide tags in Samoa Joe. Homicide and both wipe Steel’s face with their boots. After a couple of shots, Homicide and Joe run against the opposite ropes. Homicide thrusts his knee into Steel’s face. Joe quickly follows with a big boot to Steel’s face.

Malenko – Double face wash by the Homicide and Samoa Joe, Steel must be sparkling clean right now.

Samoa Joe brings Steel to the middle of the ring and picks Steel up on his feet. He pulls him up for a powerbomb, and throws the smaller man down on his upper back. Joe picks him up again, and nails another powerbomb, and he keeps hold for a pin attempt. 1…2… Steel got his shoulder up, and Joe turns the move into a Boston crab. Homicide and B-Boy get in the ring, and look to hit some offense. B-Boy drops both of his knees on Steel’s back, and Homicide double stomps Ace in the back of the head. Joe releases the hold, and he throws Ace in the air. He catches Ace, and throws him over with a German suplex. Steel landed on his feet in his corner, and he tagged in CM Punk. Both Punk and Cabana get in the ring, and bring Joe down with a double clothesline. Colt Cabana dropped his ass on Joe’s chest, and CM Punk then locks Joe in a cobra clutch. Cabana locks the legs of Joe in a Chicago Crab. Ace Steel comes in the ring and dropkicks Joe’s face. They let go of the hold, and use their combined strength to pick Joe up. They slam Joe to the mat with a double piledriver.

Punk tried to make the cover, but Homicide and B-Boy come in to help their leader. Steel and Cabana stay in the ring, and they both take the two Thugs. Cabana gets the best of Cide by throwing him out of the ring. Cabana stands on the outside apron and he knocks Homicide down with a springboard moonsault to the outside. B-Boy and Ace Steel fall out of the ring, still punching each other. Both Punk and Joe are in the middle of the ring. Punk runs against the ropes and dropkicks Joe, but the Samoan doesn’t budge. Joe delivers some stiff strikes to Punk’s face and chest, but Punk evades a final lariat attempt. Punk now peppers Joe with his own strikes, finishing with a backhand slap. Punk tries to bring him down with a ura-nage slam, but Joe is just too big. Joe pushes Punk away, and round kicks him in the side of the head. CM Punk is lifted on Joe’s shoulders, possibly for a Death Valley Driver. Before Samoa Joe attempts to bring Punk down, Punk grabs the left arm of Samoa Joe. Punk gets out of the fireman’s carry, and back to his feet. Punk sweeps the legs of Samoa Joe away, and has the Anaconda Vice fully locked in! Homicide tries to get in the ring, but Colt Cabana grabbed his leg to stop him from dong so. Samoa Joe grimaces in pain, and he can’t take it any longer. He passes out from the pain of the Anaconda Vice!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, and Ace Steel, the Second City Saints!

Malenko – What a win by CM Punk, he got back at Joe by making him pass out.
Simon – Now the tides are even, with both having a submission victory.

Malenko – And his partners helped him so much in that great match, he has to thank them now.
Simon – It was another big preview of the 17th, which gets even more interesting now.
Malenko – Of course, and we already have many of the matches announced.
Simon – Thanks fans for watching this past Webcast of PRIDE, and please enjoy this highlight video played to the official Uprising theme song, Piece of Me by our favorite psycho Brittney Spears!

A highlight video plays to the Brittney Spears song Piece of Me. After that, the credits are shown on screen.

Uprisingcopy.jpg

PRIDE Uprising
May 17th 2008
Announced Matches

PRIDE Championship Match

CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

PRIDE International Title Ladder War

Ken Dykstra vs Roderick Strong vs Jack Evans vs Austin Aries vs Jimmy Rave vs Kevin Steen

PRIDE Lightweight Title Triple Threat Match
Scorpio Sky vs Jay Lethal vs Matt Sydal

PRIDE Tag Team Title Survival Gauntlet

8 Man Deathmatch
The Age of the Fall vs Team PRIDE

MVP vs Paul Burchill

More to Come…

Reaction score
Best Promo: AOTF/Mick Foley/Team PRIDE - I loved the whole promo with Jacobs forcing Mick to one more match and in the process bringing in Necro Butcher. I really thought Mick wouldn't fall for it but he did and having Necro enter the feud as a member of the AOTF was genius.

Worst Promo: Non

Best Match: Main Event - All matches were great quite frankly but the best was the main event personally. I just knew Punk was going to make Joe submit with the Anaconda Vice. The match flowed well and really was the best in the whole show.

Worst Match: N/A

Additional Feedback: Great show all the way man! I loved all the promos and matches. The VIP lounge was awesome especially with Regal showing up and having him known as from Raw really brought realism to it. The Second City Saints promo was funny with Cobana devising a plan to make a fool out of the Thugs but it turns out it backfired on him lol. The matches were awesome and very interesting. The feuds are shaping up greatly for Uprising and you did a great job with the storylines. I hope things continue to flow smoothly like this for Pride and will be checking out the future shows.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
BM: There were heaps of great matches, but the best 2 I think were the Gauntlet match and the ME.

WM: There weren't any bad matches.

BP: I would have to gor for the Mick Foley promo at the start of the show.

WP: There weren't any badpromos either.

Additional Comments: Great show Hardcore!

CP: Check out WWE: Sports Entertainment is Saved when you get the chance.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: I have 2 in my mind and those are the Six Man Tag and the Gauntlet match, never thought that Dykstra is going to win that match.

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: All promos that involves AOTF and Mick Foley is great as they try to piss Mick off so he can be added on the match at Uprising. Adding Necro Butcher is great but I hope we can see him and Foley go one on one in the future.

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: Another great show and it makes me feel that Uprising is going to be a hell of an event. All titles will be on the line and it's pretty hard to predict on who will win it. I can't wait for May 17!