Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

CM Punk Vs Samoa Joe

MVP Vs Paul Birchall

Austin Aries vs Jack Evans vs Jimmy Rave vs Ken Dykstra vs Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong

Jay Lethal vs Matt Sydal vs Scorpio Sky

The Age of the Fall vs Team PRIDE

Colt Cabana & Ace Steel vs Homicide & B-Boy

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Looks like an interesting Pay Per View. I'm none too familiar with this thread, so excuse me for being a bit naive pertaining to my PPV predictions.

CM Punk Vs Samoa Joe
This 'uns a quagmire; since they're both practically tied, their momentum is equal, but there must be a winner. Hmm... I'mma hand this victory to the Samoan Submission Machine, if only because I'm relatively clueless as to how this match will actually play out.

MVP Vs Paul Burchill
I'm a huge fan of Burchill, but I don't see 'im gaining the victory over MVP. MVP's going places; Burchill will have to settle for the midcard for a while, but then again, I'm none too familiar with the ongoing feuds, so momentum is unknown to me.

Austin Aries Vs Jack Evans Vs Jimmy Rave Vs Ken Dykstra Vs Kevin Steen Vs Roderick Strong
Strong, hands down. The Ladder match is an interesting stipulation for this sorta match, as all of them have the qualities to perform in such a match. I'm betting this shall steal the show, regardless of the winner.

Jay Lethal Vs Matt Sydal Vs Scorpio Sky
I'm hopin Lethal wins this match, but then again, anything can happen. Black Machismo has my vote, though.

Age of the Fall Vs PRIDE
Don't know whom the Age of Fall are, nor PRIDE, but I'm guessing Foley and Butcher, as well as Steamboat, are involved? I'm guessin it's like an Old stable, something of that nature.

Colt Cabana & Ace Steel Vs Homicide & B-Boy
If CM Punk wins, his team loses. If Samoa Joe wins, his team loses. I chose Joe to win, so his team will lose.

Good luck on the Pay Per View. Sexy banner too.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
This sounds like a really good show.

CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

MVP vs Paul Burchill

Austin Aries vs Jack Evans vs Jimmy Rave vs Ken Dykstra vs Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong

Beer

CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

MVP vs Paul Burchill

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE - Uprising

prpuprisingpostercopyxt5.png

PRIDE3.png

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
Uprising
MTV
The Manhattan Center

Grand Ballroom
Manhattan, New York

The screen shows a highlight video of PRIDE’s big moments. The song “Piece of Me†By Brittney Spears is played along to the video.

Oh Yeah
Oh Yeah

I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17
Don’t matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
They still gonna put pictures of my derrière in the magazine
You want a piece of me?
You want a piece of me…

I’m Miss bad media karma
Another day, another drama
Guess I can’t see the harm
In working and being a mama
And with a kid on my arm
I’m still an exceptional earner
You want a piece of me

I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
(You want a piece of me)

I’m Mrs. ‘You want a piece of me?’
Tryin’ and pissin’ me off
Well get in line with the paparazzi
Who’s flippin’ me off
Hopin’ I’ll resort to some havoc
End up settlin’ in court
Now are you sure you want a piece of me?
I’m Mrs. ‘Most likely to get on the TV for strippin’ on the streets’
When getting the groceries, no, for real..
Are you kidding me?
No wonder there's panic in the industry
I mean, please, do you want a piece of me?

I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
(You want a piece of me)

The venue is shown, and lights are flashing. The fans are seen, and the camera zooms right to the entrance stage. Sirius plays, and Ricky Steamboat walks through the curtain. The crowd cheers wildly for him, and he walks to the ring.

Ricky_Steamboat2.jpg

Steamboat – Tonight is a very momentous occasion for Pro Wrestling PRIDE. Tonight is the moment you have all been dying for, waiting for ever since PRIDE’s inception. I’ve been waiting for this tonight too, because I’m a fan of watching wrestling. The biggest variety of wrestling I’ve ever seen on a show. We’ll see some big matches and probably new fan favorites will be born. Back when PRIDE started in March, I didn’t even know that we would be this successful. But it’s not because of who is in the ring, it’s because of who fills the stands, you guys. So everyone here in PRIDE thanks every single one of you for supporting something that many people didn’t believe would even last one show.

The fans start a PRIDE Chant, and The Dragon has a big smile on his face.

Steamboat – And to all the people watching this on MTV, we thank you too. I know it’s the Television Debut, and I know that the wrestling world is buzzing about this. So if this is your first time watching PRIDE because it’s the television debut or it’s your 10th time from watching all the webcasts, you’re in for a treat. And that is a guarantee, I know that everyone in the locker room will give their best effort to giving you fans some pure athletic competition. And don’t forget, you can catch us next month on MTV, for another big show. And in the weeks in between, you can catch us on the webcast. So again, thank you for everything.

The fans start a “Ricky†Chant.

Steamboat – And right now, we’re starting things hot with a huge tag team match. I’m sure that all of you know the CM Punk vs Samoa Joe rivalry that’s been boiling up for the past couple of weeks. But their stable partners want in on the action too, and want to show who the better team is. So right now, I present to you, the Strong Style Thugs of B-Boy and Homicide taking on Colt Cabana and Ace Steel, the Second City Saints. Enjoy the Show!

Steamboat slides out of the ring, and sits at the timekeeper’s table with ring announcer Steven D’Angelis, the timekeeper and a medical official.

D’Angelis – The following contest is a tag team match! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute Time Limit!

Real Mother F’n G’s blasts, and B-Boy and Homicide walk through the curtain, with smirks on their faces. They walk to the ring, talking smack into the camera.

D’Angelis – First, weighing in at a combined weight of 422 pounds, B-Boy and Homicide, they are the Strong Style Thugs!

Copa Cabana plays, and Ace Steel and Colt Cabana step onto the stage. Colt is dancing, and Ace has a serious look on his face, with both receiving a big reaction from the crowd.

D’Angelis – Their opponents, weighing at a combined weight of 450 pounds, Ace Steel and Colt Cabana, the Second City Saints!

SCSvsSST.jpg

Tag Team Match
Strong Style Thugs vs Second City Saints

*Bell Rings*

Colt Cabana and Homicide start off the match for their respective teams. Cide and Cabana stare each other down. They waste no time, getting themselves in a collar and elbow tie up. Homicide has Cabana in a headlock, but it is quickly escaped when Cabana slides under Cide’s legs. Cabana now has Homicide in his own headlock. That too is quickly reversed when Homicide pushes Cabana to the ropes. Once Colt gets to the middle of the ring, he brings Homicide down with a shoulder block. Colt runs against the ropes once more, with Homicide quickly getting to his feet. Homicide sidesteps another shoulder block try, and he grabs the left arm of Colt. Cide pulls that arm down, causing pain to run through Colt’s arm. Colt tries to roll through to escape, but Homicide pulls him to the Thugs’ corner. Homicide tags in B-Boy. Both members of the thugs bring some hard punches to Colt’s face. After a set of punches from both, they bring Cabana out of the corner and to the middle of the ring with a double hip toss. Cabana lands on his butt, and tries to crawl to his corner for a tag to Ace Steel.

Before Cabana could come close to Ace, he becomes the receiving end of a dropkick to the back of the head from B-Boy. B-Boy brings Colt up to a vertical base. B brings forearms to Cabana’s face, making him spin around. Once Colt is back facing B-Boy, he gets caught in a suplex attempt. Colt pushes his opponent away to stop the attempted maneuver. Cabana tags in the fresh Ace Steel to dish out some offense. Steel gets in the ring, and Cabana assists him in attacking B-Boy. They bring him down with a double clothesline. Homicide gets into the action, but he is quickly brought down by the two Saints with a hip toss from Cabana followed by a belly to belly suplex throw from Ace Steel. Cabana brings himself and Homicide out of the ring with a baseball slide to the lying Homicide. Steel and B-Boy are in the ring. B-Boy is up after the double clothesline. Steel runs off the ropes and tries to bring him down with a big boot. B ducks under it, and grabs the arms of Ace, forcing Steel into a cover with a backslide pin. 1…2… Steel kicked out, and both men roll over to their feet.

Simon – These two are the smaller of their teams, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to get dominated.
Masters – B-Boy is the definition of a lightweight. Did I ever tell you about the time when we were at the bar and we gave him some tequila?

B-Boy quickly kicks Steel in the stomach, setting up a running West Coast Cutter towards a corner. Steel blocks the attempt, pushing B-boy to the turnbuckles. B stops himself before crashing into the turnbuckle pads. Ace Steel runs at him, but B-Boy uses the ropes to go up and over, making Steel run into the buckles. B-Boy is standing behind Steel and holds him for a back suplex. Steel counters with an elbow to B’s face, sending him backwards. Steel jumps up quickly to the middle rope. He dives off, hitting B-Boy with a diving clothesline. Steel hooks B’s leg for the cover. 1…2… B-Boy kicked out. Steel drags B-Boy to his corner, and makes the tag to Colt Cabana. Before the two Second City Saints could double team, B-Boy connects with a dragon screw kick to the side of Steel’s head. Colt is the legal man, and he covers up for Steel. B-Boy tries to make Colt weak with a forearm, but Cabana doesn’t look fazed. Colt kicks B-Boy in the stomach, and brings him down with a quick scoop slam. Colt drops his knee on B’s face, followed by a pinfall attempt. 1…2… B-Boy kicked out easily. Colt makes the quick tag back to Ace Steel.

Steel comes in, grabbing B-Boy’s head in a front facelock. Steel throws his knees towards B, hitting him in the top of the head. Steel stands up and makes another quick tag to Colt Cabana. B-Boy is on his knees, and Colt brings him to a full standing base. Cabana attacks him with several quick head and arm lock variations, to wrestle B-Boy to the mat. Colt tries to cover him with a lateral press, but B kicked his feet up, hitting Colt in the face and sending him backwards. B-Boy rolls up to his feet quickly, and capitalizes on the situation, lifting Colt Daddy with a scoop backbreaker. An exhausted and weak B-Boy tags in Homicide. He comes into the ring with lots of energy, bringing the newly standing Colt down again with a big boot. Homicide pushes Ace Steel off the apron. Homicide now focuses his attention back on Colt. Cabana is on his knees, and Homicide gives him a hard shot to the back. He grabs Colt in a gutwrench. Homicide throws Colt over with a gutwrench suplex, and he bridges it over. Homicide’s next move is a vertical suplex, which he bridges over once more. Cabana is then hit with a hangman’s neckbreaker.

Malenko – Homicide really is showing that he can take Cabana without the hardcore element right now. He could be looking to start some stuff right now.

Simon – I really wouldn’t count Cabana out here, he knows so much about Cide’s style, and he should be able to put out a fight against him.

Homicide rolls back up to stand, with Cabana sitting. Homicide tries to stiff kick Colt in the back hard, but Cabana ducks under it. Colt grabs Homicide by the leg and sweeps his legs away. Colt stands straight up, and locks in his inverted Boston Crab. To stop Colt from making Cide tap, B-Boy gets in the ring. He runs and brings Cabana down with the West Coast Cutter, effectively breaking the Crab. Ace Steel comes into the ring and attacks B-Boy. The two exchange punches, and B gets the advantage with a kick to the midsection. B-Boy runs and springboards off of the ropes, flying towards Ace. Ace jumps up and dropkicks the mid-air B-Boy. Homicide is up and he attacks Steel by nailing him with a lariat to the back of the head. Cabana is standing, and tries to attack Homicide. Colt ducks under a clothesline attempt, but runs right into B-Boy, who puts Colt Daddy on his shoulders. Before B-Boy could deliver on a maneuver, Colt spins off of B’s shoulders, and runs against the ropes. He springboards, and nails both Strong Style Thugs with a picture perfect springboard moonsault.

Simon – What a momentum changing move by Colt Cabana. That really might change the outcome of this match.

Cabana and Steel look to double team on the grounded B-Boy and Homicide. Steel brings Cide to his feet, and hooks him for a possible suplex attempt. Homicide turns it around to get control. He picks Steel up, grabbing him by the wrists. Homicide throws Ace down with a huge exploder suplex. B-Boy cuts Cabana off from saving his partner. Steel is leaning on the middle ropes when Homicide charges at him. Steel is knocked out of the ring with a boot to the head from the Notorious 187. Homicide now looks to help out B-Boy. They both superkick him in the face, making Colt fall to his knees. B runs against the ropes, and connects with his version of the Shining Wizard. The legal man Homicide makes the cover. 1…2… Cabana kicked out, and the two Thugs look to continue their attack on Classic Colt. They usher Cabana to his feet, and hook him for a double fisherman buster attempt. As the two bring Colt to the air, their attempt is somehow reversed. Cabana brings the two men down with a DDT to save himself. Ace Steel is up on the outside, and pulls B-Boy out of the ring, with the two starting to brawl. Homicide and Cabana are left in the ring, and both are standing. They exchange forearm shots, and Cabana gets the best out of Homicide, followed by a setup to the Colt 45. Homicide is brought up, but quickly slips out of it, standing behind Colt. Cide hooks the arms of Colt, setting up the Cop Killa! Cabana gets out of it before getting lifted up. Homicide bounces off of the ropes, trying to knock Cabana out with the West Brooklyn Lariat. Colt ducks under it, and grabs Homicide by the arm. Colt pulls him in, and brings him up for the Colt 45. Homicide is brought up, and Colt brings him back down with the backbreaker, nailing the Colt 45! A tired Colt makes the cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, Colt Cabana and Ace Steel, the Second City Saints!

Malenko – That really could be a hinting of what’s to come with Joe vs Punk later. The momentum of this match might carry on to the PRIDE Title match.
Simon – It really was a good opening to this historic show. Right now, we’re going to toss it backstage to Leticia Cline, where she is with someone looking for an interview.

Leticia – I’m here with the No Remorse Corps of Davey Richards, Roderick Strong and Rocky Romero. Roderick, you’re in the International Title Ladder Match. What do you have to say to the competition?

NRC.jpg

Strong – Leticia, you just don’t get it. I’m the Messiah of the Backbreaker, I’m one of the best fighters on the planet. Do you really think I’ll lose to a bunch of jumping monkeys? When it all comes down to it, I really don’t need any flips or any falls off a ladder. I’m going to be in the match to grab the title, and put it around my waist. I need more gold, and I want to bring it back to the NRC. And if my boys Rocky and Davey win the tag titles, it’ll be smooth sailing from now on. Nothing really can stop us, we can just beat them till they’re gone.

Leticia – OK. Now Romero and Richards, like Roderick said, you’re in contention for the tag titles in a survival match. How are you going to survive eliminating at least 2 or 3 other teams?

Richards – It’s actually pretty simple you airhead. We survive by winning, and we win by making pins or submissions. If you don’t know what that is, I can’t help you know. All we need to do is just fight anyone that tries to beat us, there’s really no competition from what I’ve seen. With me and Rocky in the match, you’ll see nothing but dominance. And later tonight, gold will be around our waists.

Rocky – That’s right man, and you know we’re going to make the picture perfect champs. Come on, just look at me, you know that this body deserves a championship here in PRIDE. The No Remorse Corps is what you’re going to see on your TV monthly here on MTV, defending the tag belts, and not even worrying about if we’re going to lose.

Leticia – Thanks guys, now back---

Rocky – And Leticia, if you need me later tonight, I’m in room 221.

D’Angelis – The following contest is a triple threat match for the PRIDE Lightweight Championship! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 45 Minute Time Limit!

It’s A Fight plays, and Scorpio Sky walks into the venue, with Larry Sweeney strutting in front of him. The two get booed by the crowd, which makes Sweeney look angry.

D’Angelis – First, from the City of Angels, weighing in at 190 pounds, Scorpio Sky!

Clavicle plays, and Matt Sydal steps through the curtain. The fans cheer him loudly as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – Next, from St. Louis, Missouri, weighing in at 175 pounds, Matt Sydal!

Push It blasts through the speakers, and Jay Lethal gets a huge reaction from the crowd. He looks excited, and jogs to the ring.

D’Angelis – Finally, from Elizabeth, New Jersey, weighing 192 pounds, Jay Lethal!

SydalvsScorpiovsLethal.jpg

PRIDE Lightweight Title Match
Triple Threat
Scorpio Sky vs Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

*Bell Rings*

Matt Sydal, Jay Lethal and Scorpio Sky stare at each other from separate areas in the ring. Sydal and Lethal raise their hands up for a triple lock up, but Scorpio Sky backs out of it. He lets Sydal and Lethal battle it out, and he sits on the turnbuckle. Sydal and Lethal get in a lock up, with Lethal quickly getting a waistlock on Matt. Sydal breaks it by grabbing the left arm of Lethal and freeing himself, putting Jay in a wrist lock. Lethal kips through, and sweeps Sydal’s legs out, followed by a lateral press attempt. 1… Kick out, and both get to their feet. Sydal runs against the ropes but is quickly brought down with a deep arm drag from Lethal. He tries to follow with a cover, but Sydal kicks Lethal in the face. Sydal kicks up and gets to his feet. Sydal whips Lethal to the ropes. Lethal leapfrogs Sydal, but Matt drops to his back as Lethal runs against the ropes. Lethal jumps over a monkey flip attempt, and both get on their feet. Lethal charges, but is brought down with a Japanese arm drag. Lethal gets up quickly, and Matt sprints towards Jay. He too is brought down, and also gets up just as quick. The two look at each other with smiles on their faces, at a draw. They shake hands in approval of each other’s skills.

Masters – Wow, way to waste their time. Scorpio Sky is in a corner, doing nothing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Scorpio kicks those 2 guys’ asses.

Instead of continuing their battle, Sydal and Lethal look towards Scorpio Sky, who is seated on a turnbuckle. They both run at him, and try to double dropkick him off the buckle. Scorpio jumps off and rolls through, with both men kicking the turnbuckle. Scorpio Sky laughs in the middle of the ring, and seats himself on another turnbuckle. Sydal and Lethal are up and charge at Sky again. Scorpio gets his boots up, connecting with his opponents’ faces. Scorpio stands up on the top turnbuckle and flies off, bringing Sydal and Lethal down with a diving clothesline. Scorpio makes the cover on Sydal. 1... Lethal breaks up the cover. Lethal and Sky battle it out, peppering each other with forearm shots. Sky kicks Lethal in the gut, and throws him against the ropes. Lethal is able to springboard and fly back to the middle of the ring. He brings both Sydal and Sky down with a big crossbody press. Lethal stands up and springboards once more. He tries to bring down the two again with an axe handle, but Scorpio and Matt move out of the way. Lethal lands on his feet, but is on the receiving end of an enziguiri from Matt Sydal. Scorpio weakens Sydal with a spinning forearm. Sky jumps and turns, grabbing and planting both Sydal and Lethal down with a cutter.

Masters – See what I said before is coming true, Scorpio will be the first midget division champion.
Simon – It’s only the early stages of the match, I doubt a 3 count will happen right now.

Scorpio gets back on his feet and steps towards a corner. He scales the buckles, and ends up on the top rope. He waits for one of his opponents to get to a vertical base. Lethal is the first one to do so, and Scorpio jumps towards him. Lethal is about to be brought down with a hurricanrana, but Lethal catches him, setting the stage for a powerbomb. Matt Sydal seizes the opportunity and springboards against the middle rope. Matt connects with a springboard flying wheel kick to Scorpio as Jay nailed a powerbomb. Lethal bridges Scorpio into a pin attempt. 1…2… Sydal broke it up by kicking Lethal in the top of the head. Lethal backs into a corner, and Sydal runs at him. Jay is on the receiving end of Sydal’s clothesline. Matt pushes Lethal out of the corner and climbs up the top rope. He is quickly knocked down and crotched by Scorpio. Sky pokes the eyes of Sydal to leave him helpless on the top rope. Scorpio drives Sydal off of the ropes with a top rope Frankensteiner. Scorpio pulls Matt to the middle of the ring for a cover. 1…2… Jay Lethal broke up the attempt to save the match from ending.

Malenko – There’s that aspect of the triple threat match wrestlers hate, the third man.
Simon – It really can lengthen the match out, and we could see some pretty crazy stuff go down.

Lethal and Sky are in the middle of the ring, and Scorpio mocks Lethal, talking about Black Machismo. Lethal looks angry and explodes with a hard forearm shot. Scorpio comes back with a kick to the balls, but his DDT attempt was reversed into an Exploder Suplex. Scorpio flies to the corner after that move. Lethal handstands towards Scorpio and connects with a stinger splash. Lethal looks to nail a combo, and runs against the ropes. From out of nowhere, Matt Sydal jumps up and connects with a very impressive jumping inverted hurracanrana. Sydal plays to the crowd, yelling “come on!†While Sydal was not paying attention, Scorpio Sky jumps off the top turnbuckle towards Sydal. Scorpio is somehow knocked out of the air with a big dropsault from Sydal. Scorpio is lying on the mat, and Sydal nails his signature Standing Moonsault. Sydal gets up and attempts possibly an Arabian Press. Jay Lethal got up and pushed Sydal off the ropes before he could connect with the move. Sydal crashes down on the outside, his chest hitting the guardrail. Lethal and Scorpio meet in the ring, and begin to strike each other.

Jay Lethal and Scorpio Sky brawl in the middle of the ring, exchanging kicks and forearms. Scorpio pokes Lethal in the eye. Sky walks around the ring, proud of getting the best out of Lethal. He comes back at Jay with an attempted right hand strike, but Lethal catches it. He comes back with some punches, and he runs against the ropes. He cartwheels and brings Scorpio down with a back elbow right to the face. Lethal makes a cover. 1…2… Matt Sydal is there to break it up. Lethal throws Sydal to the ropes as both men got to a vertical base. Sydal uses a springboard to stop himself from falling to a Jay maneuver. Lethal catches Sydal and drives him down with a huge spinebuster. Lethal puts his hand over Sydal to start a pin attempt. 1…2… Scorpio Sky dropkicks Lethal in the face to stop the pin attempt. Lethal rolls all the way back, and charges at Scorpio. Scorpio pulls the top rope down, which throws Lethal to the outside area. Scorpio primes himself for a big move, and runs against the opposite set of ropes and back towards the close ones. He flies out of the ring, connecting with a corkscrew senton to Lethal. Sydal is up, and waits for both men to get up on the outside. Both Lethal and Scorpio weakly do get up, with Larry Sweeney helping Scorpio. Sydal stands on the outside apron and springboards off. He lands on Lethal, Scorpio and Larry Sweeney with a huge corkscrew Asai moonsault.

Masters – Matt Sydal just killed himself doing that move, and now he’s just a showboat, not a winner.
Malenko – Not really, Sydal is trying to do anything he can to wear down Scorpio and Lethal, even if it damages himself in the process.

All three men are lying limp at the ringside area. The first to get up is Matt Sydal, but he leans on the apron, catching his breath. Jay Lethal gets up next, and he grabs Sydal by the leg. Lethal throws Sydal into the steel barricade, making a thunderous noise. Lethal climbs to the turnbuckle, waiting for Sydal to come closer while regaining his senses. A dizzy Matt Sydal gets off of the barricade, and Lethal flies at him. Jay nails Matt with a diving European uppercut, taking a move out of the Claudio Castagnoli playbook. Scorpio Sky is conscious, and he grabs the pumped up Lethal and throws him to the middle of the ring. Scorpio slides in the ring and starts to stomp away at Lethal. He follows up with a springboard knee drop onto Lethal’s chest. Scorpio wants to slow the pace, and he locks in a sharpshooter in the middle of the ring. Lethal yells in pain, and is too far to reach any rope. Matt Sydal gets into the ring and grabs Scorpio by the head, with Lethal still in the submission. Sydal drops his leg onto Scorpio’s chest, the Slice Drop. The move made Scorpio land hard on Lethal’s body, and also pulled the leg more.

Sydal goes to the apron, waiting for an opportunity to capitalize. Once Jay Lethal gets up, Sydal makes his move, attempting a springboard dropkick. He nails it, but Scorpio Sky is there to stop Sydal’s rush, bringing him down with a running neckbreaker. Sky pushes Sydal’s grounded body to the corner to avoid interference. Sky now goes to attack Lethal, and throws him against the ropes. He goes for the Final Answer, but Lethal stops himself. Scorpio looks frustrated and pokes Lethal in the eye. Scorpio grabs the stunned Lethal and crotches him on the middle of the top set of ropes. Lethal is in pain, and Scorpio bounces off the middle turnbuckle. He nails Lethal with a dropkick that threw him out of the ring, hitting the floor hard. Scorpio now takes Matt Sydal and sets him up for the Fatal Answer. Sydal worms his way out of it, and he lands behind Scorpio. Sydal grabs Scorpio’s arms for the Here It Is Driver, but Sky elbows Sydal in the face. Scorpio turns and goes for a dropkick, but Sydal ducks under it. He somehow lands on his feet, but is lifted up by Sydal. Matt hits the Trigger Effect! Sydal goes to the corner, and is met with Jay Lethal. Sydal dropkicks the knees of Lethal, which knocks him hard off the apron and back to the floor. Sydal finally makes his way up to the top rope, and calls for the Sydal Star Press. He jumps off and nails it perfectly! He hooks the leg for a cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, and NEW PRIDE Lightweight Champion, Matt Sydal!

Malenko – Matt Sydal is the first ever PRIDE crowned champion. Congratulations to him, he makes for an ideal champ.
Masters – Wow, a midget division champion, I really could care less.
Simon – Larry Sweeney looks pretty pissed off right now, it looks like he has something to say.

Larry Sweeney slides into the ring, with a microphone in his hand.

Larry_Sweeney4.jpg

Sweeney – Matt Sydal, get out of my ring right now. I remember when you used to be a member of this great enterprise, Sweet and Sour Inc. What happened? I know that you’re dying to get rid of that crappy Aerial Assault and join the man who will get you far in this business. Either join me, or get out and go to the back right now.

Sydal shrugs Sweeney off and walks out of the ring and to the back. Sweeney now turns his attention to Scorpio Sky, who is leaning against a rope holding his ribs.

Sweeney – Now for you Scorpio Sky. I’ve said this could be your last match here in PRIDE, this was the last chance to redeem yourself. But since there is another match featuring my Dynasty, I’ll give you guys one last chance. It’s either both Joey Ryan and Scott Lost win the tag titles, or all 3 of you are gone. There are so many people wanting to be part of Sweet and Sour Incorporated, and I could easily bring them in here to PRIDE. And they could probably do better than all 3 of you losers combined. So you’d better tell Lost and Ryan to get their act together and win the belts if you want to keep living the life of a member of Sweet and Sour Inc. Hahahaha!!!

More, More, More plays and Larry Sweeney walks away with Scorpio Sky walking gingerly behind him. Steven D’Angelis is now in the middle of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following is a singles match scheduled for one fall! It is contested under a 45 minute time limit!

Immigrant Song hits and Paul Burchill stands at the stage, getting a big reaction from the fans.

D’Angelis – First, from Chelsea, England weighing 241 pounds, Paul Burchill!

I’m Comin’ hits and MVP steps through the curtain. MVP gets booed by the fans as he heads towards the squared circle.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Miami, Florida, weighing in at 243 pounds, Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP!

BurchillvsMVP.jpg

Singles Match
Paul Burchill vs MVP

*Bell Rings*

MVP and Burchill stare at each other in the middle of the ring, with angry expressions on their faces. The ref calls for the bell and the two start to circle each other, with the fans starting to cheer wildly. They start off with a fighting stance; Paul Burchill tries to strike MVP first with a right hand. MVP ducks under it, and slaps Burchill in the face. Burchill doesn’t look hurt at all, and he explodes with an attempted punch flurry. MVP runs away and rolls out of the ring, not wanting to be any part of Burchill’s strong attack. Paul waits eagerly in the ring, with the referee beginning to count MVP out. After a count of about 4, MVP finally slides back into the ring. He and Burchill agree to lock up. MVP steps on Burchill’s toes to get the advantage. MVP brings his opponent down with a snapmare. MVP sets up early for Player’s Boot, but Burchill rolled away to save himself. Burchill gets back up to his feet quickly, and tries to take MVP down with a headlock takeover. MVP stops Burchill though, and knocks the Brit to the mat. MVP gets on top of Burchill and just unloads with big punches right to the face of Paul.

Simon – This is just a fight. These two really want to hurt each other, they’re really looking for a fight.
Masters – Burchill’s going down, this is like a big MMA match in my mind.

Paul covers his face to lessen the impact of MVP’s hard punches. He also wraps his legs around MVP in a body scissors to cut off MVP’s leg circulation and mobility. Burchill strikes upwards and hits him with a forearm, stopping MVP’s brutal flurry. Burchill grabs Porter’s head and holds it tightly in a guillotine choke. MVP quickly punches Burchill right in the face, whose hands were clasped in the guillotine choke. But Burchill is over to roll over on top of MVP, releasing the choke and starting to strike just like Porter did. The Brit’s hard elbow smash attacks go straight to the face of the Franchise Player, which were just as hard as his strikes. MVP fights his way out of the grounded position, and the ref separates Burchill and Porter. The two are forced to stand in the middle of the ring. The two look to get in a striking match, and they circle each other. MVP is the first to strike, but Paul stopped it and goes for his own. MVP does the same and comes back with a two punch combo. Burchill blocked the first one, and barely evaded the left hand strike. Burchill attempts to retaliate with a kick to the calf, but MVP stepped backwards, spinning Burchill around. MVP capitalizes by throwing a huge right hook to Burchill’s face, sending him backwards, leaning against the ropes.

MVP continues his stiff attack until the ref forces him to break it. Burchill staggers back to the middle of the ring, and is immediately knocked down with a huge haymaker. Burchill falls to the mat with a thud, and MVP takes the big opportunity. He grabs Burchill and locks his arm in a Kimura Clutch. Burchill’s arm and back are bent awkwardly with the submission hold. Porter rears back, but loses grip of the arm lock. Burchill holds onto the legs of MVP and slowly gets up. He rolls MVP onto his stomach and mounts his back. Burchill grabs MVP by the braids and starts bringing very stiff forearm strikes across MVP’s face. Burchill follows up by locking MVP into a Dragon Clutch, putting pressure on the neck of MVP. Porter yells in pain in the hold, as he is left with nowhere to reach in the middle of the ring. Burchill slowly raises MVP to his feet, looking for a big move. Burchill throws MVP overhead with an inverted headlock throw suplex. MVP is seated, with Burchill controlling the pace. He drives his knee to the neck of MVP, and starts bringing repeated elbows to the back of the head and neck.

Malenko – Burchill is just delivering big elbows to Porter, we might see a legitimate knockout right now.

Burchill is in total control, and brings MVP back to his feet. Paul sets up a big DDT attempt, but MVP is able to fight out of it, and reverse with a Northern Lights Suplex. Porter holds his neck, standing and waiting for Burchill to get back up. MVP grabs Burchill, hitting him hard in the back, followed by a whip to the ropes. MVP goes for a scoop slam, but Burchill lands on his feet. MVP looks confused as Burchill uses his European striking style, using his knee to damage MVP’s face. He hooks MVP up for a double underhook, but MVP counters it, going behind his opponent. Porter brings Burchill over with a German Suplex, bridged into a pin attempt. 1…2… Burchill got his shoulder up, but MVP looks to set up something else. He punts the midsection of Paul, and follows with a knee drop to the back. He pulls Burchill up and elbows him in the face. MVP makes Paul dazed with a discus forearm. Burchill falls backward to the corner. MVP starts to chop and punch at him at a very fast speed. MVP backs up and strikes Paul with a jumping knee. Burchill slumps down to a seated position in the corner. Instead of going for the Player’s Boot, Porter pulled Burchill up for an alley oop bomb.

Masters – Burchill just got faked out right there, a very smart decision by MVP.
Simon – Paul landed hard on his head after that, now here’s a pin attempt.

MVP makes the cover. 1…2… Burchill kicked out. MVP is up and he runs against the ropes. He does some Lil Wayne dance and attempts an elbow drop. Burchill rolled over and caught the arm of MVP. Burchill makes his way up to his feet still with a hold on MVP’s arm. Burchill walks to the corner and scales the ropes. He jumps to the outside apron, snapping MVP’s arm against the top rope. Burchill quickly makes his way back to the turnbuckle. Paul quickly jumps off and brings the stunned MVP down with a diving crossbody press. MVP rolled all the way through for a surprise cover, with him also holding the ropes. 1… The ref looks up and sees MVP’s blatant cheating and breaks up the cover. Both men quickly make their way to their feet and start to strike again. Burchill surprises MVP with a kick to the leg followed by a vicious right and left hand combo. MVP is shot to the corner, with Burchill sprinting towards him. Before Burchill could strike his opponent, MVP got his elbow up Paul’s face. Burchill is now seated in the corner, and MVP sets him up on the top rope. MVP is on the second rope, and the two battle it out. MVP tries a superplex attempt, but Burchill pushed MVP off of the ropes.

Burchill stands on the top rope now, and attempts a moonsault. MVP rolled out of the way, but Burchill saved himself by landing on his feet. Burchill sees MVP and charges at him. Burchill hit his shoulder on the ring post after missing a spear attempt. MVP grabs him by the waist and throws him over with a huge German Suplex. MVP bridges it over for another German to Burchill. MVP hooks both legs of Burchill for a cover. 1…2… Paul kicked out, but is quickly stomped on by MVP. Porter brings Burchill to his feet, and pulls him in for a back suplex onto the left arm. As MVP lifted Burchill up, Paul slipped out of the attempt. Burchill spins MVP around and brings him over with a big Northern Lights Suplex. Burchill rolls all the way through and back to his feet. He lifts MVP up with a spinebuster bomb. He rolls the legs for a cover. 1…2… MVP got his shoulder up and rolled back to his feet. MVP runs at Burchill and nails the Player’s Boot to a stunned Burchill. MVP looks to hit the move once more, and waits eagerly in the corner. Burchill gets up to his knees, and ducks under the second Yakuza kick. But MVP caught himself and drove his knee into Burchill’s face.

Masters – There it is again, MVP is looking like a very strategic thinker with what he’s done in this match.
Simon – I still think Burchill can fight back right now, it’s not over just yet.

MVP goes for a pin attempt. 1…2… Burchill kicked out just in time. MVP pulls Burchill back up to his feet by the arm. Once Burchill is on his feet, MVP scoops him up, connecting with a shoulderbreaker. MVP rolls Burchill to his stomach, locking in a cross armbreaker. Burchill’s arms are stretched, with nowhere to go. MVP wants to make Burchill tap, it’s not just any resting submission hold. Burchill uses his power and gets to his knees, with MVP still holding the armbreaker. Burchill unbelievably makes his way back to his feet, and MVP still is holding onto his arms. Burchill flips forward with a Fireman’s carry roll, breaking the submission off of himself. Burchill stands up quickly, and connects with a standing moonsault. Burchill gets right back up and climbs to the top rope. He waits for MVP to get up. Once Porter does so, Burchill flies at him. MVP catches the clothesline attempt, and locks in a crossface. MVP synchs it in, and wants to make Burchill tap. After a few moments of struggle, Burchill crawls and uses his free arm to grab a rope. After a count of 4, MVP releases the painful submission hold.

MVP backs up and stands in the middle of the ring, signaling the Playmaker. A weak Paul Burchill stands up, and is pulled in by the Franchise Player. MVP is about to hit the Playmaker, but Burchill lifts him up. Paul is about to nail Porter with a back suplex, but MVP slipped out of it and behind the Ripper. MVP throws Burchill over with a German Suplex. Burchill somehow lands on his feet, and charges at MVP. Burchill’s lariat attempt is ducked, and MVP sets up the Playmaker again. Burchill pushes MVP out of the way, and to the ropes. Burchill hits him with a huge forearm. Paul grabs him in for the C-4. Before Burchill could nail the move, MVP pushed him away. MVP goes for a huge right hand, but it is ducked. MVP is pulled in for the C-4 once more, and again Burchill is pushed away, but this time to the ropes. Burchill stops himself on the ropes, and charges right at Porter. Burchill connects with a jumping knee, making Porter dizzy. Burchill sets up the C-4 once again, but right before he nails it, he’s pushed out of the way. Burchill bumps into the referee, and both fall over. The injured referee calls for the bell.

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – As a result of a disqualification, MVP has been declared the winner!

The fans boo loudly after the decision and at MVP. Porter grabs a microphone from ringside.

MVP – You just saw what I could do against a scrub like Paul Burchill. I was declared the winner, and that’s nothing short of what I wanted. And next, you’re going to see PRIDE’s Franchise Player go for the gold. You’re going to see big things coming from PRIDE’s hottest commodity in the next month. And you can take that to the bank!

MVP walks to the back, with an evil smile on his face.

Simon – MVP with the very cheap win here tonight, what a disappointment to the fans who were in for a very good match if it continued.
Malenko – He’s claiming he got the victory, which was more of a loss than a win. Burchill could’ve walked away the winner there, but it was stolen.
Masters – I really doubt Burchill was going to come out with the victory there. MVP was going to win either way, he wasn’t the one bumping into the ref.

The camera now shows the backstage area. Ricky Steamboat is seen talking to a backstage trainer. The Resilience of Austin Aries, Erick Stevens and Matt Cross suddenly walk past the scene. From the other side come the No Remorse Corps. The two squads go face to face, with each insulting each other back and forth. Aries grabs Strong to punch him, and a brawl is about to break out. Ricky Steamboat and several members of the ring crew separate the two squads, with things about to explode. The camera now shows the middle of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following match is the 4 on 4 Elimination Deathmatch. In this match there are no rules, and all weapons and all areas are legal. The first team to eliminate all 4 members of the opposing team will be declared the winners.

The Haunted plays to a loud chorus of boos. The AOTF of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Harry Smith and Necro Butcher walk onto the entrance stage, with sadistic smiles on their faces. They make their way to the ring. Once in the ring, Jimmy Jacobs grabs a microphone.

AOTFcopy.jpg

Jacobs – They have finally done it. Pro Wrestling PRIDE is here on MTV to sell their souls to the masses. That’s the problem with society today, there is no more love for what is good and for the people who work. This is the age where we praise women for whoring themselves out and showing as much as they can. This is where music and television becomes popular just due to the money they have, not how good it is. This society is wrong, this society needs a change. The Age of the Fall is here to change the world one person at a time. Every time I go outside, I see the people that are brainwashed by this channel, this PROPAGANDA to a world of excess. I know that all of you people are thinking the same thing, wanting to wear the latest fashions and wanting to show the most. Their minds are unaware about the truth, unaware of what is really happening in the world. All of your minds are slowly turning into putty as we speak. We are looking to change that with our revolution.

Black – Growing up, I never was part of the popular crowd, I never was a jock or part of the cool posse. I knew that those people were only being known for their accomplishments. We all knew they were as stupid as stones and they were fakes. The only reason they were popular was because they could throw a football well or dressed a certain way. Even then, I knew the problems with this world. This is what we’re fighting against. We want to become the voice of the voiceless, the warriors against this society. We want to rid the world of the demons that we see every waking moment of our lives. We’re here to save all of you from your impending downfall.

Jacobs – Now, we’re going to have a real fight. This is a fight against 4 men who represent our opposition in this world. These are Four Men that you cheer for, even though they are the real enemies in this world. We will be fighting four men that have no reason at all to be here. They are only here for us to make victims, showing them the truth. We will cure them from the disease they all have, the disease that’s crippled and abused our society. And now, I urge them to come out and fight us.

Crash plays, and Team PRIDE featuring Mick Foley, Tomko, BJ Whitmer, and Billy Kidman walk to the ring. They are suddenly ambushed by the 4 AOTF members, beginning the match.

AOTFvsPRIDE.jpg

Grudge Match

Eight Man Elimination Deathmatch

*Bell Rings*

The eight men immediately begin to brawl on the entrance way. Tyler Black performs a very hard hip toss to Billy Kidman, throwing him into the crowd. Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer are ringside, bashing each other into the ringpost and ring apron. Mick Foley and the Necro Butcher are also in the crowd, throwing chairs at each other. Harry Smith throws Tomko into the ring, and throws some chairs in the ring too. Jacobs and Smith are teaming up to brutalize BJ Whitmer and Tomko. They set up two chairs in a corner between turnbuckles. Jacobs grabs Tomko and bashes him headfirst into the cornered chair. BJ Whitmer is hit right in the back hard with a steel chair shot from Harry Smith. Jacobs and Smith have Tomko held, and set up a double suplex. Tomko escapes and punches both in the face to make them weak. He grabs a chair and bashes both of them in the stomach with it. Whitmer is up, and the team of he and Tomko charge at Smith and Jacobs, and bring them down with stereo clotheslines. Both men make a cover. 1…2… Smith and Jacobs both get their shoulders up.

In the crowd, Mick Foley and Necro Butcher exchange hard punches. Tyler Black and Billy Kidman are attacking each other with chairs. One big chair shot from Billy Kidman makes Tyler groggy. Kidman picks Black up and suplexes him onto some upright chairs. Foley and Butcher now have chairs. Both nail each other with huge chair shots that dent their chairs. Butcher takes a plastic bag from a fan and throws it over Foley’s head, suffocating him. Necro throws Foley away with a snapmare onto nearby chairs. Tyler Black slowly gets up, and is attacked by Kidman. Kidman backs up and goes for a spin kick, but Black moves out of the way. Billy somehow lands safely on his feet, but is driven down to the hard concrete floor by Black with a clothesline. Black picks Kidman up and throws him towards the ringside area. Foley and Necro jog at each other with chairs. Both duck chair shot attempts. Foley is the first to turn around with a shot to the midsection of Necro. A groggy Necro returns the favor with a chair to the head. Both now raise their chairs, and slam each other straight in the head. Both men fall to the hard Manhattan Center floor.

Simon – A very hard hitting brawl is unfolding right here between Mick Foley and Necro Butcher.
Masters – Come on, it’s obvious that Necro’s going to MURDER Foley, Foley’s a bum right now.

Now in the ring, the other 6 participants in the match are fighting it out. Tomko slides out of the ring and grabs a table from under the ring. Harry Smith follows him and a brawl for control of the table ensues. After a kick to the balls, Harry Smith grabs the table from Tomko, sets it up and sets Tomko on top of it. Smith jumps onto the ring apron and looks to dive. He is knocked off the apron by a BJ Whitmer chair shot from out of nowhere. In the ring, Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs team up on Billy Kidman. They bring him down with a double dropkick first. Black now brings Kidman down with a gutwrench backbreaker onto the knee. Jacobs follows up with a dropkick to the side of Kidman’s head. Black pushes Kidman down to the mat and the two AOTF members nail a splash and leg drop combo. They go for a double pin. 1…2… BJ Whitmer broke up the cover. Whitmer previously set up a table in the corner, and has some chairs and a roll of barbed wire. BJ grabs the chair and thrusts it toward Tyler Black. Black got hit in the face with the chair, and he collapses towards the corner. Jacobs tries to nail Whitmer with another chair, but Billy Kidman got up and wheel kicked Jimmy in the face.

In the crowd, Mick Foley, Necro Butcher, Tomko and Harry Smith are brawling. Necro Butcher is already cut open, and Tomko is bleeding from his shoulder. Necro has barbed wire wrapped around his hand, and punches both Tomko and Foley. His teammate Harry Smith helps him out, following up with a big suplex to Tomko onto chairs. Necro tries to bring down Foley with a swing with his barbed wire hand. Foley ducks under the wild right hand and a two handed bulldog right onto the peg of an overturned chair. Foley holds his hands up, getting a nice reaction from the crowd. He is quickly brought down when Harry Smith threw Tomko at him like a battering ram. Smith brings both of them down with a double clothesline. Necro is up, and pulls Foley back to his feet. Foley gets the advantage again, this time with help from Tomko. They throw Necro to the floor with stiff big boots to the face. Smith brings the pumped up Tomko to the mat with an inverted DDT. Foley and Harry Smith begin to brawl, fighting their way out of the main ballroom and up the stairs to the first balcony.

Malenko – This looks like trouble right here, we could see something crazy.
Simon – That’s about 25 Feet in the air, if someone falls, they might not just be done with the match, they’d be done with their career.

Down below, Tomko and Necro Butcher battle it out. Tomko is able to get the crazy bum down with a huge powerslam that makes Necro land on his head. Tomko walks to a storage area in the ballroom, and grabs a big table. He sets it up, clearing a few seats in the process. He pulls the weak Necro and tries to set him on it. Necro fights back with big punches to the face, and midsection, opening Tomko’s shoulder cut more. The two men are exchanging punches and forearms, and both barely budge. In the balcony area, Harry Smith and Foley make their way to the edge. Harry tries to push Foley off and to the floor, but Mick saves himself, not wanting to suffer from the pain. Smith is spitting out blood from his nose and mouth. On the floor, Necro and Tomko grab chairs, and both steel objects get dented after hard shots, hitting one another. Now brawling near the table, Necro pulls out lighter fluid from his pocket. He pours it on the table, and lights it up with a flame. Tomko and Necro fight to push themselves onto the flaming table, and both fall to the carpeted floor, with blood spewing everywhere. On the balcony, Harry Smith missed Foley with a chair shot and hits the balcony itself, with the chair hitting him in the face back in recoil. Foley seizes the opportunity and looks to take Smith down for good. Foley lifts Smith up, and takes a huge dive off the 25 foot balcony. Foley and Smith come crashing down through the flaming table. The fans are going crazy, and Foley lies on top of Smith for the cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Age of the Fall member Harry Smith has been eliminated!

Simon – I did not just see that, I really don’t know if both guys are still alive after that.
Malenko – They just fell 25 feet onto a flaming table, I really don’t know who got the better or worst of that.

In the ring, both team members see what just took place and continue their brawl. BJ Whitmer and Billy Kidman are teaming up well, with BJ taking Tyler Black down with a German Suplex, and Kidman connecting with a jumping legdrop. They make a double cover, but Jimmy Jacobs breaks up the attempt before the ref could even count. Jacobs slides out of the ring quickly, and grabs his cane. He pulls out his steel railroad spike and charges at Whitmer right as he gets up. Before Jacobs could make an impact, Whitmer trips him into the second turnbuckle. Whitmer walks towards him and seats Jacobs on the top turnbuckle. Whitmer looks to set up a powerbomb into the crowd, but Jacobs fights him. Tyler Black connects with a beautiful springboard dropkick to Whitmer’s head to make him groggy. Jacobs jumps over Whitmer and brings him down with a sunset flip powerbomb. Jacobs makes the prawn hold pin, but Kidman broke it up. Coming to the ring from the crowd are Necro Butcher and Tomko, and they fight, with a barbed wire board being brought out from under the ring.

Tyler Black joins in with Necro in fighting big Tomko, but Billy Kidman comes in to even out the odds. Tyler Black throws Kidman into the guardrail. Necro has a roll of barbed wire, and tries to wrap Tomko in it. Tomko stops the Butcher, taking him and throwing him into the ring post. Necro doesn’t look hurt, and comes back at Tomko with stiff punches, gaining control and bringing Tomko to the set up barbed wire board. Necro sets the board on an incline, putting one side on the apron. Necro also pulls out some light tubes from under the ring, in a huge cart of over 100. Necro bashes Tomko with 5 light tubes at once, but Tomko does not fall to his feet. With help from a recovered Billy Kidman, Tomko smashes Necro back with a light tube shot. Necro comes back with the roll of barbed wire, trying to grab Tomko. Tomko pushes Necro to the outside apron, and the two step up to the apron. Tomko grabs Necro’s barbed wire and is finally able to wrap it around his arms and body. Tomko hits Necro aggressively with 10 straight light tube shots, and sets up something big. Tomko runs across the apron, and jumps off, towards the barbed wire board. Both fall over on the board, with Tomko nailing a running powerslam. Necro is wrapped completely with the sharp wire. Tomko makes the cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Age of the Fall member the Necro Butcher has been eliminated!

Masters – Tomko just killed himself to put away Necro there. He would’ve been better off he just left the bum alone.
Simon – Obviously, things now are going to be tough for Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black, they now have to eliminate all 4 team PRIDE members while being outnumbered.

In the ring, chaos is running wild everywhere. Mick Foley finally gets back into the ring after his wild dive that eliminated Harry Smith. Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs are currently teaming against BJ Whitmer, setting up a two man con-chair-to. Mick Foley tackles Jimmy Jacobs to stop the double impact, but Jimmy still hit Whitmer in the head. Jacobs is on top of Whitmer and starts to punch at his head, busting Whitmer open. Jacobs makes the cover. 1…2… Billy Kidman is in the ring to break up Jimmy’s pin attempt. A bloody chested Tomko gets in the ring. This makes the sides Team PRIDE with all 4 members and AOTF with 2, Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs. All 4 Team PRIDE members are up and charge at Jacobs and Black. Kidman and Foley are quickly knocked down by thrown chairs, but teammates BJ Whitmer and Tomko push their opponents to the corner. Both run at their targets, but hit nothing but turnbuckle after they moved simultaneously out of the way.

As soon as Tyler and Jimmy get up, Mick Foley and Billy Kidman attack them. Tyler Black is able to stop Billy Kidman by performing a back body drop to Kidman, making him land hard on his back in the ringside area. Foley wants to bring Jimmy out with the Cactus Clothesline, but it’s ducked. Foley spills out of the ring, but holds on to the top rope. Before he could get back in the ring, Black and Jacobs connected with a double dropkick, also bringing Foley to the floor. BJ Whitmer and Tomko are recovered, but they are attacked by the two AOTF members. Whitmer is grabbed by Black, who puts him in an inverted DDT position. Jacobs takes Whitmer down with a spear, with extra force from Tyler’s DDT. Tomko is there to cover up for his weakened partner. He grabs the throats of both Jacobs and Black, attempting a big double chokeslam. The big man lifts both up, but Black kicks forward, hitting the steroid shrunk groin area of Tomko. Jimmy and Tyler are back on their feet, and Tyler holds Tomko in place. Jimmy Jacobs grabs his cane, and pulls out his steel spike. He runs at Tomko, aiming straight for his head. Jimmy connects, and blood starts to spray like a fountain everywhere. Jimmy covers the bigger Tomko.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Team PRIDE member Tomko has been eliminated!

Masters – That’s one down now for Team PRIDE. I’d call it a 2 on 2 because Mick Foley doesn’t matter in my book.
Malenko – This is time when everyone gets tired. Most of the guys in the match are busted open badly, and they could be fading right now.

The AOTF members are celebrating when Billy Kidman and Mick Foley slide a ladder into the ring. Kidman and Foley ram the ladder into Tyler Black. Jacobs comes charging, and he also gets hit with the big steel ladder. BJ Whitmer comes and picks up Jimmy Jacobs. Whitmer is trying to hit the Adrenaline Spike onto the set up ladder. Jacobs uses his legs to spin Whitmer around. After about 6 spins, Jacobs throws Whitmer away. BJ lands on the ladder hard. Tyler Black is up, and a brawl between Jacobs and Black against Kidman and Foley begins. Tyler brings Kidman down with a big boot. Tyler runs against the ropes and uses a springboard to deliver a perfect Arabian Press moonsault. Black makes the cover. It immediately is broken up by the brawl between Mick Foley and Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs gets a good offense on Foley, kicking him in the balls. Jacobs wants to lock in the End Time, but BJ Whitmer pushes Jacobs away. Foley falls to the mat. Whitmer and Jacobs come charging at each other. BJ and Jacobs crash into each other, with Jacobs on the receiving end of a huge lariat.

Tyler Black is dominating Billy Kidman, taking him down with an exploder suplex. Tyler climbs the ropes, and looks to nail a top rope maneuver. BJ Whitmer is there to stop Black, but Whitmer is kicked away. Tyler jumps off and goes for possibly a springboard dropkick. Whitmer catches him, possibly attempting a powerbomb. Tyler breaks out of it, grabbing Whitmer by the body. Tyler drives BJ Whitmer down with an inverted STO, with his face landing against the second turnbuckle pad. Black gets up, and continues his attack on Billy Kidman. Kidman comes back with a spinning wheel kick, making Black fall back to the turnbuckle. Foley and Jacobs are brawling outside of the ring currently, and both men are bleeding. Back in the ring, Billy Kidman is standing on the second rope, setting up the BK Bomb. Tyler gets out of it, and seats Kidman on the top rope. Billy pushes Black off the ropes, but Black lands on his feet. Before Kidman could get to a standing position, Tyler jumps up and quickly drives Kidman to the mat. That hard DDT made Kidman fall to the mat. BJ Whitmer tries to help out Black, but he’s brought down with a quick jumping clothesline, taking him out of the ring. Black lays a ladder on top of Kidman, followed by a climb to the top rope. Tyler Black jumps off, and nails his Phoenix Splash! Billy Kidman is sandwiched between the ladder and the mat when Tyler makes his cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Team PRIDE member Billy Kidman has been eliminated!

Jimmy Jacobs is being double teamed on the outside by Mick Foley and BJ Whitmer. Tyler Black is the only man left inside the ring, and he runs towards them. He jumps out of the ring, and hits all 3 men with a huge no hands suicide shooting Star press to the outside! The fans are on their feet right now, as all 4 men are holding themselves in pain. The first to get up is Tyler Black as he struggles to catch his breath. He grabs commissioner Mick Foley, and throws him into the already dented guardrail. Black grabs a table from under the ring, and sets it up on the outside. He tries to force Foley onto it, but Foley is able to grab Black by the hair. Black is laid out on the table, and Foley gets up to the ring apron. Foley attempts to drop his elbow onto the table laid Black, but he misses. Foley goes crashing through the table as Black is now standing straight up. Black grabs a chair from a fan, and places one of the legs on Foley’s chest, and sits on it. The move takes the breath out of Foley. Black now takes the chair and folds it, putting it flat on top of Foley’s body. Black tries a moonsault off of the guardrail, but Foley rolls out of the way. Both are still in pain after that missed attempt.

In the ring, BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs both are brutalizing each other with barbed wire wooden 2x4’s. Both are cut open badly, and barbed wire is rapped around their bodies. Jacobs runs at Whitmer, going for a spear, but Whitmer throws his barbed wire 2x4 at Jacobs, and hits him right in the face. Jacobs falls back, leaning against the corner. Whitmer runs at him, and connects with a big boot to the face of the cornered Jacobs. Whitmer grabs Jacobs and sits him on the top rope. Whitmer sets up an attempt to bring Jacobs down from the top rope. Jacobs tries to battle back, but his face is bloodied, and is about to fade. Whitmer has him ready in the powerbomb position, and sets up the big move. Jacobs is brought up, and thrown out of the ring with a POWERBOMB. Jacobs lands in THE CROWD, limp and motionless.

Simon – HOLY SHIT.
Masters – Ouch.
Malenko – Jimmy Jacobs look like he was just murdered there, BJ Whitmer or Mick Foley has to make a cover to leave Tyler Black as the only guy left for the Fall.

Whitmer is sitting on the top rope, too tired to go to the outside to make a cover on Jacobs. In the ring comes Tyler Black, and he hits Whitmer in the back hard. Black sets up a back suplex off the top rope, but Whitmer elbowed Black in the face, sending him to the mat. Whitmer stands on the top rope, and attempts a frog splash. Black rolled out of the way, and he jumps up and off the middle rope very quickly. He attempts a moonsault, but Whitmer gets his knees up. Luckily, Tyler landed on his feet. Before Whitmer could even do anything else, Black nailed a surprise standing Shooting Star Press. Black is up, and he waits for Whitmer to get back to his feet. Black has to pull Whitmer up by the hair. Black has BJ in a reverse DDT position, setting up the Paroxysm. Whitmer reverses it into a release German Suplex. Mick Foley is finally back in the ring, and Whitmer helps him to put Whitmer in the tree of woe. Foley has a barbed wire bat, and charges at the upside down Tyler. Foley drops the barbed wire part of the bat right to Black’s face, cutting him open instantly.

Foley and Whitmer play to the crowd, holding their hands up. They wait for Tyler to get up again for another bat shot. Black is up, and he looks dazed. Foley runs at him again, but Tyler ducked under the barbed wire weapon. Black is standing next to Whitmer, and the two bloodied men brawl, exchanging forearms and punches. Foley wants to take Black down again, and runs right back at him. Black sees Foley coming, and throws Whitmer in front, saving himself. Mick hits Whitmer accidentally with the barbed wire bat. Tyler has a sadistic smile on his face, and grabs Foley’s bat. After sweeping Mick’s legs away, he drives the bat to the balls of Foley. Whitmer is standing, with blood spraying everywhere like a fountain. Tyler Black picks Whitmer up, and brings him down to the mat easily with the Small Package Driver! Tyler makes the cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Team PRIDE member BJ Whitmer has been eliminated!

Malenko – It’s do or die now for Mick Foley, he has to pick things up to save his team from getting fired from PRIDE.
Simon – This could be a defining moment in Tyler and Jimmy’s short careers.

Before Whitmer is wheeled away, Black wipes the blood of Whitmer on his own chest, showing a sign of battle. Mick Foley is slowly getting back up, leaning on the ropes. A very weak looking Jimmy Jacobs goes back into the ring, wanting to continue their attack on Mick Foley. Both AOTF members charge at Foley, but they’re brought down with double clotheslines. Foley holds his hand up, signaling the Mandible Claw, this time with no Socko. Jacobs is up first, and Foley has him held in the Claw hold. Jacobs quickly counters with a quick kick to the balls. Jacobs grabs Foley, setting up the Contra Code. Foley pushes Jimmy to the turnbuckle to block it, but is brought down hard by a German suplex from Tyler Black. Tyler stands on the outside apron, going for a springboard move. Once Foley gets back up, Tyler springboards. Foley moves out of the way of the springboard clothesline. Mick spins Tyler around, and takes him down with a Double Arm DDT.

Simon – Foley is coming back right now, he has to continue this to eliminate either Tyler Black or Jimmy Jacobs.

Foley grabs his Barbed Wire Bat, looking to inflict more pain to both AOTF members. Jacobs turns and ducks a barbed wire bat shot. Jacobs jumps up and attempts to dropkick Foley, but Mick uses his bat to defend himself. Jacobs’ leg gets caught in barbed wire, and the left knee section of his tights are ripped. Jacobs is sitting in the corner, holding his leg in agony. Foley baseball slides Jacobs in the stomach, and gets up, holding the bat up for a dangerous move. Tyler Black is standing right behind Foley, and Black turns him around with a martial arts strike to the throat. Black pulls the bat away from Foley, and takes a swing. Tyler ducked under the shot, and kicked Foley in the gut. Tyler drops the bat to the mat, and tries to bring Foley’s head down to the barbed wire portion of the bat. Foley elbows out of it, and he looks to take Black down with a DDT again. Jimmy Jacobs is there to stop Foley, pulling him away and unloading with hard strikes. Foley fights back, pushing Jacobs to a corner, and setting up a corner move. Foley jogs towards Jacobs, but he is unexpectedly taken down with a springboard enziguiri from Tyler Black. Foley is on weak legs, and he leans against the turnbuckle. Tyler Black hangs Foley in the Tree of Woe, and both AOTF members rush toward him. They connect with double dropkicks to his chest and face. Jacobs grabs Foley by the hair, and DRINKS HIS BLOOD. Foley is pulled down from the awkward position as Jimmy Jacobs covers himself in Foley’s blood, still drinking it.

Simon – Jimmy Jacobs is disgusting, he just drank the blood right off Foley’s open wound.

Foley is up and leaning against the ropes, still fighting for the win. Jimmy Jacobs has his steel spike, and is waiting anxiously for Foley to turn around. Foley finally does, and Jacobs spikes him straight in between the eyes. Tyler Black is up on the top turnbuckle, and nails his Phoenix Splash. Tyler pulls Foley up, with Jimmy setting up another steel spike to the head. Jimmy brings Foley down again with the spike to the head. Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs look dominant now, with no stopping of their torture of the PRIDE Commissioner. Tyler puts Foley on his shoulders, and Jimmy stands on the outside apron. Jacobs uses a springboard to connect with a Doomsday Rana. The fans are booing loudly, and Tyler and Jimmy continue their attack. Tyler grabs 2 AOTF flags, and lays it in the ring. Black has a hot staple gun in his hands and gives it to Jacobs. Jacobs grabs the small flag, and STAPLES it into the back of Foley’s head. They pull off Foley’s flannel shirt, and wrap the other flag around Foley. They STAPLE the flag to Foley by the shoulders and hip. Foley is screaming in pain. The fans are booing loudly, and throwing garbage into the ring. Jacobs and Black finally decide to pin Mick Foley.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, the Age of the Fall!

Malenko – Jimmy Jacobs is sick, he and Tyler just could’ve ended the match how it is, but they stapled flags to Mick Foley’s skin.

Simon – I really hope Foley’s OK, it doesn’t look like he’s doing so well right now. Thank God we have an intermission right now to take a breath after that crazy match.

----------INTERMISSION----------

Still to Come…
PRIDE Championship Match
CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

PRIDE International Title
Ladder War

PRIDE Tag Team Titles
11 Team Survival Gauntle
t

Qwake

Holy shit this a AWESOME!!! great first part I really liked the PRIDE lightweight title match and I also liked how Matt Sydal won :)
MVP vs Paul Burchill was great and I didnt care who won becasue I like them both so much lol, and I had a feeling that team PRIDE would be the ones getting fired (bring back billy and BJ) :p

I will be back to read part 2...:yes:

The Leviathan

Reaction score
It's a great PPV so far, all matches were great and the 8 man tag is indeed a brutal one. I also liked the Burchill/MVP one with a disappointing ending but I know that it quite managed to put MVP over. The Lightweight title is also a great match, I wonder what will happen to Scorpio if his other members lose to their match later. I'll give a full review when Part 2 is up.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Part 1 review.
BM: The Elimination match- This was a crazy brawl and I loved every word of it.
WM: N/A- none of the matches were in any way bad.
BP: No Remorse Corps- it really seemed in character for all of them. I loved the last thing that Rocky said to Leticia.
WP: N/A- no bad promos as well
AC: I was suprised that the SCS picked up the win in the opening match... The Sky/Sydal/Lethal match was awesome, it felt like I was really watching it... I'm guessing that Sky will still have his job at the end of the show... I didn't really care for the ending of the MVP/Burchil match...
Plug: POI Episode 16 has been posted, please check it out and leave a review.

edgehead09

Reaction score
good first show..

will give a full review when the full show is up

thanks for my review

xtremebadass

I'll drop in for a review once the whole show is posted.

I loved the Elimination Deathmatch, flaming tables, and Simon saying HOLY SHIT, priceless.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE Uprising - Part Deux

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
Uprising
MTV
The Manhattan Center
Grand Ballroom
Manhattan, New York
Part II

CM Punk is seen in the interview area, with a microphone in hand, alone. He’s wearing his ring jacket, and has a very focused look on his face. The Straight Edge Star begins to speak.

CM_Punk7.jpg

Punk – Tonight is the night. This is the time for me to take action, time for me to take what’s mine. Right now I have one of the biggest opportunities in my entire career, and I won’t back down. This is a match a long time coming, and I will take Samoa Joe past his limits. I will pin him in the middle of the ring, or make him tap out. Once that happens, I’m going to reach my goal, becoming the first ever PRIDE Champion.

CM Punk takes a deep breath, and begins to speak once more.

Punk – Samoa Joe and I have a very long history. We can be the best of friends sometimes, and sometimes the worst of enemies. We know each other so much, it’s ridiculous. We’ve traveled everywhere, been all over the country. He was the first person to congratulate me when I won the ECW Championship last year. I was there to help him when he first signed with TNA, that’s a fact. But I’m not here to tell any stories or sugarcoat anything, I’m telling you why I’m going to win. Our years of friendship won’t matter at all by the time our match is over. The years of laughing, and watching out for him while he was drunk will be nothing but a memory. When I win that match, I’ll be raising the title high up in the air. All he can do then is congratulate me on my victory.

Punk has a smirk on his face, like he’s trying to remember something.

Punk – Four years ago, Samoa Joe and I took Independent Wrestling to a new level. Our trilogy for Joe’s ROH belt got so much attention, and it showed how much a small promotion from Philadelphia can do. People called our three matches legendary, and 5 Stars. We wrestled two 60 Minute Draws, but I finally was pinned in our third match. All the attention that came with our series didn’t matter at all, I didn’t come out with the win. But that was four years ago, and things have definitely changed in both of our lives. We met again for our match that took place this April, at the finals of the PRIDE Title Tournament. We wrestled to another time limit, showing that we both were still pretty evenly matched. Now that takes us to today. Right now, I have never been more focused. I have never wanted a title as much as I have right now. I want to prove to everyone that I am better than Samoa Joe, to show people that I can tame the Samoan Badass. This isn’t 2004, when I can lose and still make a big impact. These aren’t the days where I’m clawing up the wrestling business, there’s so much to gain with this win. I want to prove to everyone that I’m not a passing phase, I’m here to stay. I want to show Samoa Joe that I’m BETTER THAN HIM, and that is what Straight Edge is all about. Joe, all you can do now, is wait for me to pass you by and watch me become the PRIDE Champion.

The camera now shows the middle of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following is the eleven team Survival Gauntlet to crown the first ever Pro Wrestling PRIDE Tag Team Champions! The rules are simple. Two teams will enter the ring, and the team to pin the other will continue. A new team will come out after every pinfall, and the last team standing will be declared the winners!

Ain’t No Stoppin Me plays, and Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke walk through the curtain. They receive loud boos from the fans, and they smile back cockily at them.

D’Angelis – The first entrants, the team of Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke, the New Nation!

Trauma Squad plays, and Julius Smokes is the first to appear. Behind him are the Human Tornado and JTG, getting a big reaction from the crowd.

D’Angelis – Next, accompanied by Julius Smokes, the team of the Human Tornado and JTG, the Vulture Squad!

11Tag.jpg

PRIDE Tag Team Titles
11 Team Gauntlet

Elijah_Burke7.jpg

Shelton_Benjamin22.jpg

Team 1 – Shelton Benjamin & Elijah Burke
Human_Tornado3.jpg

JTG2.jpg

Team 2 – Human Tornado & JTG

*Bell Rings*

Shelton Benjamin immediately starts to pummel JTG, and wrestles him to the mat. Benjamin aggressively brings down hard elbow strikes to the back of his opponents’ head. JTG rolls over to his back, and worms out of Benjamin’s attack. JTG lunges toward his corner for a tag, but Benjamin grabs his leg right before he made contact with Tornado. Benjamin pulls JTG back to the middle of the ring, keeping him away from the corner. JTG rolls forward, tossing Benjamin to the ropes, and breaking JTG free. Human Tornado gets tagged into the match, and he comes in jumping over the ropes. Benjamin is seated in the corner, and Tornado is dancing. Tornado kicks him in the chest while dancing, and finishes it off with a split leg drop, with his foot hitting Benjamin’s balls. Tornado backs up into the other for a running move, but Elijah Burke is in the ring, and is punching him with body and hook shots. Shelton is up, and the two New Nation members clothesline Tornado, turning him inside out. The two bring Tornado up and attempt a double punching combo. Tornado ducks under them, and connects with a dropkick that hit both men.

Burke struggles back to his corner, and Benjamin is staggering in the middle of the ring. Tornado flies at Benjamin, attempting a flying side kick. Benjamin ducks under the kick, and grabs Tornado, throwing him over with a huge Belly to Belly Suplex. Tornado lands near the New Nation corner, and Benjamin tags in Burke. The two stomp on Tornado’s face, and throw him in the air, slamming him back to the ground. Shelton gets back to the apron as Burke makes the cover. 1…2… Tornado kicks out. Tornado is brought to his feet by Burke, and thrown against the ropes. Tornado ducks under a clothesline, and springboards against the opposite set of ropes. He attempts a springboard Tornado DDT, but the attempt is blocked, with Burke unloading with hard punches. JTG comes in the ring and tries to save his partner, but Shelton Benjamin is there to even the odds. JTG hits Benjamin with some forearm shots, and tries a DDT. Benjamin pushes JTG to a corner. JTG is able to stop himself and jump up to the middle rope. Shelton jumps up and kicks JTG’s head off, knocking him out. JTG falls off the buckle, and hard to the outside floor. In the middle of the ring, Elijah Burke looks dazed after a spin kick from The Human Tornado. Tornado quickly rebounds off the top rope, attempting a springboard hurracanrana. Elijah Burke jumps up and kicks Tornado in the BALLS right as Tornado was coming down. Tornado looks like he was just shot, as Shelton and Elijah both pin the Vulture Squad member.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of the Human Tornado and JTG has been eliminated!

Simon – What a bad way to eliminate JTG and the Tornado, but it really shows how much they want to survive this match.
Malenko – Or it could be just their normal tactics my friend.

I Don’t Wanna Stop plays to a nice reaction from the crowd. Brent Albright and Dan Rodman run to the ring, ready to fight Burke and Benjamin.

Team 3 – Dan Rodman & Brent Albright

Dan_Rodman2.jpg

Brent_Albright6.jpg

They slide into the ring and rapidly brawl with the two New Nation members. Burke and Benjamin are whipped against the ropes, and both duck clothesline attempts. The two simultaneously slam both of their opponents to the mat on the back of their heads. Burke and Benjamin both look on fire, and the ref can’t find the legal man. Rodman and Albright are both standing, and the two New Nation members charge at them. Rodman is able to muscle Elijah Burke and throw him out of the ring. Rodman goes to help his partner Brent Albright. They whip Benjamin to the ropes. Rodman hits Benjamin in the face with a nice big boot, and Albright follows with a German Suplex. Albright makes the cover. 1…2… Elijah Burke pulls Albright out of the ring to break up the cover. Rodman takes over the attack on Benjamin, and tosses him into the corner as he gets up. Rodman connects with a running forearm. He then press lifts Benjamin, walking to the middle of the ring, about to throw Benjamin out of the ring. Elijah Burke is in, and spears Rodman, saving Benjamin from getting thrown. Brent Albright is on the apron, and right before he gets in the ring, he is met with wild double knees from Elijah Burke. At the same time, Shelton slid out of the ring and grabbed a chair. Dan Rodman is slowly getting up, and Elijah Burke is able to distract the ref away from Rodman. Benjamin has the chair and drills Rodman in the head with the chair twice, knocking him out. Benjamin makes the cover as Burke blocks the cover from being broken up.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of Brent Albright and Don Rodman has been eliminated!

Masters – A fairly quick elimination from the team that claims they have muscle, two WWE rejects by the way.
Simon – It reminds me of you Masters.

Battle Without Honor or Humanity blasts through the speakers, and Paul London and Brian Kendrick rush to the ring.

Team 4 – Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Brian_Kendrick5.jpg

Paul_London16.jpg

London and Kendrick start using aerial moves to break down Burke and Benjamin. Kendrick knocks Burke out of the ring with a dropkick to the knees followed by a baseball slide. Kendrick gets into a corner, making the match more of a regular tag team match. In the ring, Paul London has Shelton Benjamin in a front facelock, using the ropes to attempt a Tornado DDT. Benjamin grabs hold of London, throwing him over with a huge Northern Lights Suplex. London lands in a corner, and is leaning against the buckles. Shelton comes charging, and attempts a Stinger Splash. London got his boots up, kicking Benjamin hard in the sternum. Elijah Burke slowly returns back to the apron as this unfolds. London jumps up to the second rope, flying off quickly, trying to bring Shelton down with a diving headscissors. Shelton catches him, and is about to powerbomb him back into the turnbuckle. London slips out into a Sunset Flip attempt, and Benjamin is brought to the mat in a pin. 1…2… Benjamin gets his shoulder up, and London quickly tags in Brian Kendrick. But as Kendrick gets in the ring, Benjamin crawls over and tags in his partner Elijah Burke.

Malenko – Benjamin and Burke are showing the effects of going through their third team already, they look pretty burnt out.

Burke is quickly brought down with a single leg takedown from Kendrick. Burke is rolled over to his stomach, and is met with a dropkick to the back of the head. Kendrick rolls through, and dropkicks Burke in the face this time. Kendrick bounces off both sets of ropes, and connects with a face smash into a hangman’s neckbreaker. Kendrick tags back in Paul London, and the two look for some double team moves before the ref counts Kendrick to get out. Kendrick connects with a low dropkick to the knees, and London takes Elijah down with a facebuster. Kendrick sets London up for assisted moonsault. But as London came down to hit Kendrick, Burke got both of his knees up. Kendrick is forced to leave the ring as Elijah Burke slowly starts to get up, holding his neck. London is on his knees, and Burke brings him up, locking him in for a suplex attempt. Instead of a front suplex, Burke grabs Paul by the waist and throws him over with a German Suplex. London miraculously lands on his feet, but in the corner where Shelton Benjamin is. Shelton pulls London to the corner, setting Burke up for the Elijah Express. Elijah runs to the corner, but London rolls through, back to the middle of the ring. Burke hits his partner Benjamin, knocking him to the floor. Burke also caught some of the turnbuckle, and he is now lying in the middle of the ring. London grabs the legs of Burke, bridges over, and makes the jackknife pin attempt.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin has been eliminated!

Dynastic plays, and Joey Ryan and Scott Lost walk to the ring with Larry Sweeney.

Team 5 – Joey Ryan & Scott Lost

Joey_Ryan12.jpg

Scott_Lost4.jpg

Joey Ryan is the first to step up for his team, and he starts to use his size against Paul London. Ryan hits some forearm shots to the smaller London. Joey whips London to the corner and tags in Scott Lost. Both Lost and Ryan start bringing the boots to London, knocking him off of his feet, slumping him in the corner. They still stomp on his face and body, and the ref starts to count for them to break. 1…..2…..3…..4…..5!

D’Angelis – As the result of a disqualification, the team of Joey Ryan and Scott Lost has been eliminated!

Larry Sweeney grabs the microphone away from the ring announcer. He has an angry look on his face as he slides into the ring.

Larry_Sweeney4.jpg

Sweeney – What the hell was that you stupid excuse of a referee? I guess that you’re intentionally trying to bring down the greatest agency in the professional wrestling. If any other team did that, they would be just fine, wouldn’t they? I’m calling this the New York Screwjob. I never knew that stomping on someone in the corner is means of a disqualification. Come on, what do you have to say for yourself, you stupid zebra?

Sweeney holds the mic out for the ref to grab, but he quickly pulls it away.

Sweeney – You’re not even worthy to speak in this microphone, you’re a nobody. Obviously, you’re not the cause of this, it had to be someone from backstage told you to do this. We would’ve walked way the tag team champions easily, you’re just holding us back. The Dynasty should be holding all the belts here in PRIDE, and every single one of you New York City freaks know this. Sweet and Sour Inc. will start the takeover here in PRIDE, and I will be rolling in dough, baby!

He turns to Ryan and Lost, and speaks to them.

Sweeney – I know you could’ve won, and this isn’t really a loss. You and your friend Scorpio Sky are safe for now, you won’t be leaving here for a long time. Because you’re going to help me gain all the belts. We’re going to make such a profit, I might even help send you to the big bad guys in Connecticut, or the company down in Florida. So everyone needs to be ready, because with me and my boys, you don’t even know what’s happening next. Hahahaha!

Sweeney walks off with Lost and Ryan, with More, More, More playing.

Simon – What a message sent by Larry Sweeney. That was a DQ, I really don’t know why he’s so upset.
Masters – I’m sensing a hostile takeover, but that’s just me.

Kickstart my Heart blasts through the speakers. Cody Rhodes and Lance Hoyt walk through the curtain, with Christy Hemme by their sides. They walk to the ring, slapping hands with the fans.

Team 6 – Cody Rhodes & Lance Hoyt

Cody_Rhodes3.jpg

Lance_Hoyt10.jpg

Cody Rhodes and Brian Kendrick lock up to start the next matchup of the survival gauntlet. Rhodes takes Kendrick into a wristlock, followed by a quick transfer to a hammerlock. Kendrick reverses it into a double leg takedown into a lateral press. 1…2… Rhodes kicks out easily, and he gets up quickly. Kendrick runs at Rhodes, with Kendrick blocking a hip toss attempt from Rhodes. Kendrick and Rhodes separate, and they both tag in their partners. Paul London comes in with a head of steam, but can’t knock the big Hoyt down. Hoyt tries a running clothesline, but London slides through his legs, and connects with a dropkick to the middle of the back. Hoyt is bounced across the ropes, and London tries to knock him down for a pin. London can’t take the big man off of his feet. Big Lance grabs London off of his feet, and throws him to the ropes. Hoyt grabs him, and takes him down with a big powerslam, making the cover after. 1…2… Brian Kendrick gets in the ring to break up the cover. London gets up slowly, and Hoyt hooks him in for a gutwrench. London is brought up for a backbreaker rack, but he slips out of it, and he stands behind Hoyt.

London dives to his corner, tagging in his partner Brian Kendrick. Kendrick comes in with a slingshot dropkick to the face of the shocked Lance Hoyt. Hoyt is still on his feet, but leaning against the ropes. Kendrick runs at him, trying to knock Hoyt out of the ring. Hoyt moves out of the way, and Kendrick spills onto the ring apron. Hoyt tries to suplex Kendrick back into the ring. Kendrick fights out of it, bringing his shoulder to Hoyt’s midsection, sending him backwards. Kendrick springboards his body into the ring, connecting with a crossbody. Somehow, Hoyt is able to hold on to Kendrick without falling. Hoyt puts Kendrick on his shoulders for what looks like the Texas Tornado Slam, and walks to the middle of the ring. Kendrick counters the move into a huge spinning Tornado DDT. But Hoyt lands near his corner, and gets the tag in to Cody Rhodes. Rhodes gets met with a quick dropkick from Kendrick, knocking him senseless. Paul London gets in the ring, and looks to take Lance Hoyt out. Hoyt is weak, and drops to the ringside area to recover. Kendrick just hit Rhodes with a superkick, and has him held for a big move. London dives out of the ring, with an amazing moonsault press without a springboard. In the ring, Kendrick has Rhodes held, heading towards the corner. Kendrick rebounds off of the buckles and hits the Sliced Bread #2! Kendrick makes the cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of Cody Rhodes and Lance Hoyt has been eliminated!

Lo Qué Paso Paso plays, to boos from the crowd. Rocky Romero and Davey Richards walk to the ring, with cocky smiles on their faces.

Team 7 – Rocky Romero & Davey Richards

Rocky_Romero7.jpg

Davey_Richards7.jpg

Romero slides into the ring, and starts to trade punches with Kendrick. Paul London is still on the outside, and Davey Richards throws him into the guardrail. London is then slid into the ring by Richards, and he is attacked in the ring. Kendrick looks exhausted, and Romero kicks him in the legs, knocking him down to his knees. Kendrick is hit with a running knee from Richards. Romero spits in the face of the grounded Kendrick, and does his Azucar dance. Romero goes out to help Richards, and the two simultaneously chop Paul London. They round kick London on both sides of his face, and whip him to the corner. Kendrick is slowly getting up, and Richards focuses his attention on him. Romero continues to kick London, knocking him out with one last stiff round kick to the side of the head. Romero sets London up on the top rope, and quickly takes London down with his armbar. At the same time, Davey Richards stomps Kendrick in the face, and locks in his Kimura arm Lock. London and Kendrick have nowhere to go, and they are too tired. After a few seconds, they both pass out to the pain.

D’Angelis – The team of Paul London and Brian Kendrick has been eliminated!

Malenko – The team of Paul and Brian really got too tired with all of their aerial moves, the NRC just kicked their heads in.

Ole plays, and El Generico and Chuck Taylor run to the ring, getting cheered by the fans.

Team 8 – Chuck Taylor & El Generico

Chuck_Taylor2.jpg

El_Generico6.jpg

Generico and Taylor throw Richards out of the ring with a double clothesline. They both kick Romero in the gut. Chuck Taylor distracts Romero by mocking his Azucar dance. Generico turns Romero around and nails him with a big enziguiri kick to the side of the head. Chuck Taylor retreats to his corner. Generico uses a springboard to attempt a Lionsault, but Romero moved out of the way. Luckily, Generico landed on his feet. Romero quickly gets to his feet and takes the recovering Generico down with a big back suplex. Romero drags Generico to his corner and tags in Davey Richards. Both put their opponent in a seated position and knock him down with stiff kicks to the back and face. Generico gets up slowly, holding the ropes. Richards holds Generico in for a German Suplex, but Generico elbows Richards in the face to escape. Generico jumps up and throws Richards over with a spinning headscissors takedown. Generico stands up, and knocks Rocky Romero off of the apron before he came in for an attack. Generico rolls to his corner, tagging Smooth Chucky T into the match.

Simon – Both Generico and Chuck Taylor are big fan favorites to win this match, the crowd is really pulling for them.
Malenko – Because most of the fans here are bigger than them.

Taylor runs at Richards, who is on one knee. Chucky looks like he’s going to hit a big move, but he just stops right before hitting Richards. Taylor faked Richards out, and stepped on his toes. Richards is thrown to the mat with a snapmare. Taylor backs up for a big kick, but he locks Richards in for a chinlock instead. Rocky Romero runs into the ring to kick Taylor in the back of the head, thus breaking the submission move. Romero whips Chuck Taylor to the corner, and connects with a high knee to Taylor’s face. The ref forces Romero out of the ring, with Davey Richards back up on his feet. Richards runs to the corner, nailing a big reverse elbow strike. Richards picks Taylor up in a gorilla press, trying to drop Taylor down with the Alarm Clock. Taylor slips out behind Richards, and lifts him up for the Omega Driver. Richards slips out of it, and gets on his feet, slapping Chuck Taylor once he stands fully. Richards hooks Chucky in for the DR Driver, but Generico is there to break the attempt up. Rocky Romero gets in the ring, and he stops Generico, and Romero is able to kick Generico out of the ring. Richards kicks Taylor in the side, and has him set up for the DR Driver. Richards lifts him up and hits it! He makes the cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of El Generico and Chuck Taylor has been eliminated!

Beautiful Disaster plays through the speakers, and Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley walk to the ring. They receive a huge reaction from the crowd, and they slide into the ring.

Team 9 – Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin

Alex_Shelley21.jpg

Chris_Sabin3.jpg

Alex Shelley starts off with Rocky Romero, starting with a collar and elbow tie up. Romero is taken down to the mat with a quick waistlock. Shelley floats over into a headlock, but Romero quickly reverses it into a hammerlock. Shelley escapes quickly, and he gets up to his feet. Romero gets up at the same time, and he runs against the ropes. Shelley is knocked down with a shoulder block. Romero goes for the cover, but Shelley kicks out easily before the ref could count. As Alex got back up to his feet, Romero dropped his knee on the back of Shelley’s head. Romero takes Shelley and brings him to a seated position with a snapmare. Romero runs against the ropes and knocks him to his back with a running knee strike. Romero tags in his partner Richards. Shelley gets back to his feet slowly, and Richards hooks him in for a suplex. Richards connects on the snap suplex, and rolls over for a second suplex. Shelley blocks the second attempt, and pushes Richards away. Richards hits the ropes, and when he gets back in the middle of the ring, he’s met with a scoop from Shelley. Shelley takes Davey down with a Michinoku Style piledriver.

Shelley tags in Chris Sabin. Sabin and Shelley team up the grounded Richards. As Richards gets to a knee, Sabin knocks him back to the mat with a basement enziguiri. Shelley comes in and locks in a Boston Crab. This allows Sabin to run against the ropes and connect with a running leg drop to Richards. Shelley releases the Crab, and now places Richards in an inverted STF without the leg hook. Sabin runs against the ropes and connects with a huge low dropkick to the exposed face of Davey Richards. Shelley leaves the ring and Sabin makes the cover. 1…2… Romero breaks up the cover. Shelley stands up and exchanges forearm shots with Mr. Azucar. Richards is able to pin the distracted Shelley with a roll up. 1…2… Shelley barely kicked out. Romero and Richards take Shelley and connect with double boots to the face. The ref forces Romero out of the ring, which leaves Richards one on one with Alex Shelley. Richards weakens Shelley with a couple of hard forearm strikes and chops, and hooks him in for probably a DR Driver. Shelley makes his way back to his feet, and ducks under a Davey lariat attempt. Richards looks dazed, and Shelley lifts his knee into his face. Shelley hooks the leg, and hits the Shellshock! Shelley makes the cover, and Sabin is there to cut Romero from breaking the cover up.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – The team of Davey Richards and Rocky Romero has been eliminated!

Malenko – Shelley and Sabin are one of my picks to win this match, they really can work, and they got a good entrance number with 9.

Simon – But they still have to survive Hero & Castagnoli, and this next team, Stevens and Cross.

Cowboys from Hell plays, to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Matt Cross and Erick Stevens rush to the ring, looking to eliminate Shelley and Sabin.

Team 10 – Erick Stevens & Matt Cross

Erick_Stevens3.jpg

Matt_Cross5.jpg

The big man Erick Stevens is in the ring first against Chris Sabin. He trips Sabin to the mat, and runs against the ropes. After hurdling over Sabin, Erick comes back with a shoulder block once Sabin gets up. Stevens rolls Sabin up. 1…2… Sabin kicked out easily. As Sabin gets to his feet, Stevens runs to the ropes. Stevens goes for a big clothesline, but Sabin ducks under it. Stevens ends up in his corner and tags in partner Matt Cross, M-Dogg 20. Sabin runs at the corner, but Cross hops into the ring with a split leg moonsault press, knocking Sabin off of his feet. Cross uses a Tajiri-like slingshot to attempt a second move, this time a standing corkscrew moonsault. Sabin rolls out of the way, and Cross lands hard on his stomach. Sabin stands on his feet, and lunges towards his corner for a tag. Matt Cross reaches out and grabs Chris’s leg just before he got the tag to Shelley. Cross drags Sabin to the middle of the ring, and starts putting the boots to him. Cross tags in Erick Stevens, who waits for Sabin to get back up to a full vertical base. Sabin is finally up, and Stevens grabs him in for a scoop. Sabin grabs the head of Stevens, and is able to use Stevens’ momentum to start spinning. Sabin drops Stevens on his head with a big Tornado DDT. Sabin slowly gets up, and he makes the tag in to Alex Shelley.

Shelley comes into the ring and connects with a spinning wheel kick to Stevens. Shelley quickly runs the ropes and drops his leg on his opponents’ throat. Shelley runs up to the second rope and quickly jumps off. He connects with a big diving missile dropkick to the chest of Stevens. Stevens is then slumped in a corner, and Chris Sabin comes into the ring. Shelley first hits a nice baseball slide to Erick’s midsection, and Sabin follows up with his hesitation hanging dropkick. Shelley drags Stevens to the middle of the ring for a cover. 1…2… Matt Cross is able to break up the cover, saving his tag title hopes. Cross is forced out of the ring by the ref. Stevens is up on his knees now, and Shelley brings him back to his feet, looking to hit the Shellshock. Stevens ducks under a superkick from Shelley, and starts to brutally chop him. Shelley is picked up by the resurgent Stevens, and is dumped to the mat with a big Jackhammer powerslam. Stevens makes the cover. 1…2… Chris Sabin jumps into the ring, breaking up the pin. Stevens tags in Matt Cross, wanting him to take Shelley down. Cross jumps into the ring with a springboard. Shelley sees him coming, and sidesteps, grabbing Cross’ arm as he goes down. Shelley goes to the mat and locks in the Border City Stretch! Chris Sabin runs across the ring and dropkicks Erick Stevens off of the apron. Cross has nowhere to go, and taps out!

D’Angelis – The team of Erick Stevens and Matt Cross has been eliminated!

Masters – Here we go, we’re going to see Castagnoli and Hero dominate the two Detroit Divas, it won’t even be fair.

I Need a Hero blasts through the speakers, and the fans boo loudly. Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero walk to the ring, taunting the crowd.

Team 11 – Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli

Chris_Hero10.jpg

C_Castagnoli7.jpg

For a few moments, Claudio & Hero refuse to get in the ring. They taunt the fans, with their backs to the rings. Sabin and Shelley both run the ropes, and dive out of the ring. They nail stereo tope suicida dives, knocking both members of the Kings of Wrestling down. Sabin and Shelley stand up, and have excited looks on their faces, playing to the crowd after the big move. They slide back into the ring, letting the opposing team out for the count. After a count of 4, Chris Hero slides into the ring, facing off with Alex Shelley. The two lock up, and Hero immediately gets Shelley in his signature Cravate. Shelley counters the move though, into a hammerlock. Hero quickly reverses it back into a cravate again. Hero turns the Cravate into a Cravate-suplex, and Shelley sits after the move. Hero stands up and taunts Shelley, showing how athletic he is. Hero goes for a dropkick to Shelley’s face, but Shelley rolled over and away. Hero grabs the legs of Shelley, and pulls him back before tagging in Sabin. Hero brings Shelley up to his feet, and he starts to weaken him with forearm smashes. Hero locks Shelley in a Cravate again, tagging in Claudio after a few steps to the corner.

Claudio and Hero seat Shelley on the top rope and throw him off, with a double team version of the Iconoclasm. Claudio makes the cover. 1…2… Shelley kicked out. Claudio runs the ropes as Shelley gets back up to a vertical base. Castagnoli’s attempt at a bicycle kick was dodged by Shelley, who gets the tag in to Chris Sabin. Sabin runs into the ring, and ducks under a back elbow attempt and springboards against the second rope. Sabin turns around and tries to bring Claudio down with a crossbody, but Sabin is caught in midair. Castagnoli throws Chris high in the air, and as he comes back to the mat, he gets nailed with a HUGE European Uppercut. Sabin crumples to the mat, and Claudio grabs his legs, signaling the Giant Swing. For about 20 seconds, Claudio spins Sabin around and around. Once Sabin is released, he looks passed out in a corner. Claudio comes running to the corner, but Sabin somehow gets his leg up to stop the Swiss Star. Sabin runs out of the corner, and tries to throw Castagnoli down with a cutter. Claudio blocks it. Sabin turns around quickly. Sabin is able to weaken Claudio with a beautiful enziguiri. Claudio is still up, but is quickly taken to the mat after Sabin nails a Tornado DDT.

Simon – Big DDT from Sabin there, but he can’t get the tag with Sabin too tired. He has to do what he can right now to weaken the Kings.

Shelley is too weak to enter the match, so Sabin continues his attack. Claudio is back up on both feet, and Sabin comes running at him. Sabin connects with a big array of strikes and kicks. Sabin jumps up quickly to the top rope, and flies off. As he was in the air, Claudio recovered and took Sabin down with a vicious European Uppercut. Castagnoli lets out a “Hey†and tags in Chris Hero. Hero slingshots into the ring, and connects with some strikes to the weak Sabin. Sabin falls to the mat after a Cravate neckbreaker from Hero. Alex Shelley runs into the ring to save his partner, but Claudio evens the odds and takes Shelley out of the ring with a big Bicycle Kick. Hero rolls backwards and lands on Sabin with his fancy rolling back senton. Hero and Castagnoli usher Sabin back up to his feet. They bring Sabin up, and nail the KRS-ONE! Hero makes the cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners and new Pro Wrestling PRIDE Tag Team Champions, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, the Kings of Professional Wrestling!

Simon – Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli just won the tag belts, they reunited, and this really could be a nice run for them.
Masters – I told you so, none of the teams can touch the Kings of Wrestling, in my opinion.
Malenko – We’ll see what happens in the next couple of weeks, there are so many teams to look out for.

Leticia_Cline5.jpg

Backstage, Samoa Joe is with Leticia Cline in the interview area. Leticia begins to question the big man.

Samoa_Joe7.jpg

Leticia – I’m here with Samoa Joe. Joe, tonight we all know that you will be facing CM Punk for the PRIDE Championship tonight, what are your thoughts on that match?

Joe – Leticia, for the past 4 years I’ve been waiting for the time when I met CM Punk in the ring again. Because for the past 4 years, our careers have been so different, and so similar at the same time. Three years ago, in 2005, we both signed big, hefty contracts to two companies. Punker signed with the WWE, and I made my glorious debut. We both made a big splash respectively, and we made some new fans. We both won titles too, but there’s really something that’s been bugging me. Unlike Punk, I earned my title shots and I delivered. But for Punk, he got the title shots by default. With as much promise he showed, he couldn’t even get a title shot. In TNA, people were chanting for me to kill my opponent, but for you Punk, I know some people backstage wanted to do the same to you. It’s a proven fact, the WWE was just there to ride your success and to embarrass the die hard fans that followed you since day one. And I was competing against the best competition, from the likes of Kurt Angle, to Christian Cage. But Punk was stuck on the C Show, facing guys that can’t even lace my boots.

Leticia – Any thoughts on your trilogy in 2004?

Joe – Actually, the biggest point I want to make about that is that I won. I was still the ROH Champion. I was the one being praised, not CM Punk. It really didn’t matter how much Punk’s popularity soared. At the end of those 3 matches, I was still the champion. And the same will be said later tonight.

Leticia – Any final thoughts?

Joe – Time has passed since our last meeting Punk. But as much as things change, things will stay the same. I still will beat him. NO matter what it takes, I’ll beat him. Whether I cheat or murder him, the only way I won’t walk out with the belt tonight is if I’m murdered on the spot. I really could care less about CM Punk’s strategies or his little tape studies, when it comes to the ring, nothing will prepare him to face me once again. We already had a draw in April, and that will not happen again. CM PUNK, you’d better be scared my friend, because whether if I make you TAP, or I make you SNAP, you’ll Just Be Another Body Murdered.

Joe walks away from the interview area.

Leticia – Now back to the in ring action.

D’Angelis – The following contest is the 6 Man Ladder War! It is for the Pro Wrestling PRIDE International Title, under no time limit.

The Fighter plays and the crowd boos Roderick Strong as he walks to the ring. He has a cocky gaze, and signals the belt on his waist.

D’Angelis – First, from Tampa, Florida, weighing in at 218 pounds, Roderick Strong!

Tear Away plays to a big ovation from the Manhattan crowd. Kevin Steen walks through the curtain, talking to the camera as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – Next, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada, weighing 244 pounds, Kevin Steen!

House of the Rising Sun blasts through the speakers. Jimmy Rave walks to the ring with Prince Nana, while getting pelted with toilet paper.

D’Angelis – Next, from Ghana, West Africa, by way of Atlanta, Georgia, weighing 210 pounds, Jimmy Rave!

The beats of Superbeast can be heard. Ken Dykstra walks through the curtain, receiving a warm reaction from the crowd.

D’Angelis – From Worcester, Massachusetts, weighing in at 225 pounds, Ken Dykstra!

Born to Win blasts through the speakers, and the fans get on their feet. Jack Evans walks through the curtain with Julius Smokes, and he walks on his hands to the ring.

D’Angelis – Next, from Parkland, Washington, weighing 172 pounds, Jack Evans!

Personal Jesus plays to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Austin Aries busts onto the entrance stage, and walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – Finally, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, weighing in at 207 pounds, Austin Aries!

PRIDE International Title
Ladder War
Austin Aries vs Jack Evans vs Jimmy Rave vs Ken Dykstra vs Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong[/SIZE]

LadderWar.jpg

*Bell Rings*

As soon as the bell rings, both Jimmy Rave and Ken Dykstra rush out of the ring to grab a ladder. There are three ladders set up on the outside, and they both take one. As Dykstra makes his way to the ring, Austin Aries flies through the bottom and middle rope, making contact with Ken and the ladder. The two are spilled out onto the floor. Rave slides the ladder into the ring, but Kevin Steen grabs the ladder before Rave gets in the ring. Steen grabs the ladder and starts spinning. Everyone near him gets laid out due to Steen’s Terry Funk tribute attack. Steen now sets the ladder up in the middle of the ring. He starts to climb. About halfway up, Roderick Strong gets up to his feet and pulls Steen off, forcing him onto his knee, like a backbreaker. Strong now starts to climb the ladder, but he also is knocked down fairly quickly by Jimmy Rave. Rave now climbs the ladder, and he reaches the top. Jack Evans pushes the ladder off of the ground, knocking Rave out to the floor. Rave lands near Aries and Dykstra. The 3 men on the outside slowly start to get up, and Aries grabs the ladder. Jack Evans cartwheels to the ropes and jumps out of the ring, nailing Dykstra, Aries, and Rave with a no rope suicide twisting moonsault press.

Simon – Things start off hot right now with this ladder war.
Masters – Flip a Dee doo da.

In the ring, Kevin Steen and Roderick Strong are slowly getting up. Steen sets up the ladder in the corner, and tries to toss Roderick to it. Strong reverses it, throwing Steen to the ladder, chest first. Strong grabs Steen and takes him down with a back suplex into a backbreaker. Strong slides out of the ring and grabs another ladder. He sets it up back in the middle of the ring, and begins to climb. Ken Dykstra comes in from the outside, pulling Strong off, making him fall to the mat hard. Steen is up, and he starts to brawl with Dykstra, fighting for control of the ladder. Steen throws Dykstra to the corner, and Dykstra falls to his ass after hitting the steel ladder. Steen comes running and nails a big cannonball senton, sandwiching Dykstra. Steen lets out a battle cry, but is cut off by Roderick Strong, who throws him over with a big German suplex, knocking the ladder over. Roderick sets the ladder up again, but once he turns around, he’s knocked out after a springboard spinning kick from Jack Evans, the Prince of Parkland. Evans is about to get up, but he sees Jimmy Rave coming at him. Rave brings his knee up to Evans’ face.

Rave sets the ladder up on an angle in the corner, and has Evans held by the hair. Rave brings Evans hard onto the ladder with a big vertical suplex. Rave grabs another ladder, but Kevin Steen takes it away from him. Ken Dykstra charges at both of them, bringing them both down with a running clothesline. Dykstra turns around and is nailed with a Roaring Elbow from Austin Aries. Dykstra tries to come back with a running move, but Aries ducks under, and Kenny hits the buckles hard. Aries comes running at him holding a ladder, and nails a big dropkick with the ladder thrown in front of Dykstra. Aries gets back up to his feet, and is taken out with a ladder shot from former friend Roderick Strong. Strong throws Aries out of the ring. Strong sets up the ladder. Kevin Steen has Strong and bashes his head against the ladder. Steen strikes Strong, and pulls him up for a powerbomb. Steen throws Strong backwards into the corner with the Steenalizer. Strong landed on the set up ladder in the corner, breaking it in two. Steen climbs the ladder in the middle of the ring, but Jimmy Rave tries to push the ladder away. Steen flies at Rave, and takes him down with a big flying side kick.

Jack Evans is the only man up now, and he sets the ladder back up. Kenny Dykstra is finally back on his feet, and tries to push the ladder out of place. Before the ladder fell, Evans jumped off and rolled through. He stands up behind Dykstra, and nails a big spin kick. Evans springboards, and knocks Dykstra off of his feet with a spinning corkscrew crossbody. Jimmy Rave comes into the fight and peppers Evans with elbow smashes. Evans is on weak legs, and Rave sets the ladder on the mat. Rave grabs Evans, and hooks him in for the Rave Clash. Evans busts out of it, and scoops Rave onto the ladder. Evans jumps up and lands on Rave after a beautiful standing 450 Splash. Evans feels the effects though, and he holds his midsection. Austin Aries bolts into the ring, and tries setting up a ladder. Kevin Steen comes running at him, but Aries takes him down with a basement dropkick to the knees. Aries now takes Steen’s whole body down with a big dropkick to the back of the head. While Aries was distracted, Roderick Strong chops him hard. Austin comes back with a big elbow smash that floored Roderick. Aries grabs a ladder and sets it up near the buckles. Aries climbs up the ladder, and uses it as a slingshot to nail a spinning corkscrew body splash.

Malenko – Austin Aries is even getting in on the aerial art. I never really imagined him doing something like that.
Simon – It’s something that he has to do to win this match. He has to take it to his opponents here.

Aries is up, and he is holding his ribs. He grabs a ladder again, and sets it up. A tired Ken Dykstra sees him, and brings his knee up into his midsection. Dykstra grabs a second ladder and sets it up right next to Aries’. Aries and Dykstra both climb their respective ladders. The two both have their hands on the title, but the two then exchange shots with each other. Their hands are off of the title, and they are just brawling 15 feet in the air. It looks like Aries has the advantage, and he grabs Dykstra in an awkward position. Dykstra fights back though, holding the head and neck of Aries tight. The two jump off of the ladder at the same time, going down in a sort of neckbreaker type of move. Both hit the mat hard, holding their heads in equal pain. Kevin Steen takes the advantage and climbs the ladder. Jack Evans is finally up, and he jumps up the same ladder Steen is climbing. Evans transfers over to the second ladder, becoming parallel to Steen. Steen is about to free the title, but Evans surprisingly kicks Steen in the hamstring and knee, forcing him to fall one step down from the ladder. Evans kicks Steen in the back, and his legs get entangled with the ladder, resembling the Tree of Woe. Evans faces away from Steen, and jumps high into the air. Evans nailed an amazing Phoenix 450 Splash to Steen. That move took Evans, Kevin Steen, and the ladder come crashing down to the mat.

Masters – Wow, he could’ve just grabbed the title.

Simon – Jack Evans is really stealing the show here, he’s done so many memorable moves.

Evans is standing, and it looks like he’s fighting the pain to continue the match. He climbs up the ladder, and is in reach of the International Title. Suddenly, Jimmy Rave pushes the ladder, making Evans fall to the outside in a big crash. Rave sets the ladder back up, but he is forcefully knocked down with a big boot from Roderick Strong. Strong picks Rave up in a military press, and throws him out of the ring, right at Prince Nana. Strong turns around and starts to exchange shots with Ken Dykstra. Austin Aries gets in the scuffle, and he fights off Ken Dykstra. Strong connects with a backbreaker, and Aries dropkicks Kenny in the head. Strong brings Dykstra back up to his feet, and takes him down to the mat hard with a rope aided slingshot suplex. Aries plays to the crowd, and nails his spinning elbow drop. Strong picks up Dykstra again, and Aries helps him to clothesline Dykstra out of the ring. Aries and Strong face each other, staring blankly. Aries holds out a hand, but Strong just chops him. Aries holds his chest, and Strong throws him overhead with a big exploder suplex. Aries’ body hit the two set up ladders, knocking them over.

Roderick Strong grabs the knocked over ladder, and sets the legs up. Kevin Steen comes into view, and he yells at Roderick Strong. Roddy yells back, and the two get into a screaming argument. Steen mocks Roddy’s mannerisms and chops, and Roderick tries to shut him up. Steen looks like he’s going for a punch, but instead, he pokes Strong’s eye. Steen starts to climb the ladder while Strong is recovering. Strong pushes the ladder backward, and Steen falls to the mat hard. He lands on Austin Aries, who was finally starting to get up. Strong grabs the ladder again, and holds it up in front of his face. Jack Evans nails a big springboard spinning kick to the ladder, impacting in Strong’s face. Evans now nails a big Standing corkscrew shooting star press onto Strong, who had the ladder on top of him. Evans is on the mat, holding his stomach in pain. While this is happening, Austin Aries begins climbing a set up ladder. Jimmy Rave gets in the ring, and climbs up the same ladder quickly. They exchange body blows, and Rave spits in the face of Aries. Both men fall out of the ring when Kevin Steen pushed the ladder off of its legs.

Before Steen could climb up the ladder, Ken Dykstra tries to hit him with some forearm strikes. The ladder that just fell is leaning against the top rope. Steen and Dykstra fight, and Dykstra is able to grab the big man by the head, and it looks like he might hit a cutter or neckbreaker. Steen pushes Dykstra out, and surprisingly kicks him with a spin kick. Steen turns around, and is chopped by Roderick Strong. Steen fights the pain and lets out a battle cry. Steen peppers him with forearms to the face, and knocks him cold with a big superkick. Steen follows up with a standing somersault leg drop. Once Steen gets up, Dykstra grabs him in for a big back suplex. Steen fights out of this attempt too with elbows to the face. Steen grabs the stunned Dykstra in for a powerbomb type move. Dykstra fights out of it though, and reverses behind Steen. Steen turns around quickly and kicks Ken in the midsection. Steen hooks him up and lifts him for the package piledriver. Steen walks over to the rope hung ladder, and it looks he’s going to drop Dykstra there. Steen lets out a battle cry, and Steen hits the Package Piledriver, BREAKING the ladder in two.

Simon – I said it before, but HOLY SHIT!
Masters – Ken Dykstra, goodnight.

Steen stands up a new ladder in the corner, away from the title. Before Steen could climb, Jack Evans walks to him and takes Steen down with a beautiful moonsault spinning dropkick. Evans keeps him down with a standing shooting star press to the back. Evans starts to climb the other side of the ladder, and he reaches the top. He yells out something in Japanese with a cocky smile. He jumps off, and nails a DOUBLE CORKSCREW MOONSAULT off of the ladder. Evans lands on Steen hard after the move that put the crowd on their feet. Evans slowly gets up, but is met with a sliding dropkick to the face from Jimmy Rave. Rave takes a ladder from Prince Nana, and Rave sets it up. Rave starts to climb up the ladder, but a second ladder is stood up right next to his. Austin Aries climbs up the new ladder, and he fights with Jimmy Rave in the air. Rave is caught with a missed punch, and Aries locks onto him with a crucifix. Rave knows what’s coming, and he’s driven off of the ladder and out of the ring hard with a CRUCIFIX BOMB off of the ladder.

Malenko – Whoa. Austin Aries just took Jimmy Rave out with that move.
Simon – But he has to get up and grab the title right now.

Austin Aries is standing, but holding his back as he gets up after falling 15 feet to the mat. Jack Evans is up, and he looks to climb up the ladder. Former tag partner Roderick Strong faces him, and picks him up for a backbreaker. Evans counters it, but Strong takes Evans and throws him out of the ring. Evans hangs on by holding the rope though, and he springboards onto the ladder. Roderick Strong pushes the ladder off of its legs, and Evans lands on the outside, hitting the guardrail. Strong and Aries face off again. Aries ducks under a clothesline from Strong, and takes him down with a shinbreaker, followed by a back suplex. Aries goes to the apron, and looks like he’s going to fly. Strong gets up before Aries moves, and both are on the ring apron. Austin ducks under a chop try from Roddy, and weakens him with some palm strikes to the chest. Aries pulls him up for a Brainbuster, but Aries fought back to his feet. Roderick is behind Aries, and looks to nail the Half Nelson Backbreaker. Aries fights out of it with an elbow to the face, and he scoops Roddy up on his shoulders. Aries jumps off of the apron, and nails a huge Death Valley Driver onto the apron. Strong lands on his head, and crumples to the outside.

Aries gets back into the middle of the ring, and sets a ladder back up to be climbed. Aries is on the second step, but Ken Dykstra quickly pulls him off. Dykstra takes him up for a suplex, but Aries counters. Aries starts to climb the ladder now. Dykstra climbs on the other side, and both reach the top. Aries has the title in grasp, but Dykstra pulls his hands down. Dykstra wants to push Aries off of the ladder, but Austin holds on. Dykstra gets punched in the face a couple of times, and Aries pulls him up for a suplex. Aries drops Dykstra’s head on the top step of the ladder, in a modified brainbuster. A knocked out Dykstra falls 15 feet to the mat. Aries is about to grab the title, but Kevin Steen has a ladder set up next to Aries’. The two exchange shots, and Steen gets the best out of it. Steen teases a top ladder Package Piledriver, but lets go. Aries fights out of Steen’s grasp, and moves closer to the title. Steen pushes’ Aries ladder away, but Aries is holding onto the title to not fall. Steen tries to pull him down, but Aries uses his leg strength to kick Steen’s ladder to the side. Steen falls to the outside of the ring with a big thud. Aries is the only man left, and he still has grasp of the International Title. He unhooks the Belt, and falls to the mat, signaling the end of the match.

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner and NEW Pro Wrestling PRIDE International Champion, Austin Aries!

Malenko – Austin Aries just won a brutal match, and he deserves to be a champion.
Simon – All of those guys showed that they would do anything for the title, I’m pretty surprised they’re all doing OK.
Masters – I laugh at Kevin Steen falling off a ladder.
Malenko – Next is the match we’ve all been waiting for, Joe vs Punk.

The camera now shows the locker room area. The 4 Male members of the AOTF are seen tending to their wounds, all of them looking bloody and battered. Jimmy Jacobs speaks to the other members of his revolution, while taking off his knee pad, exposing his surgery scarred knee.

AOTFcopy.jpg

Jacobs – Well boys, we did it. We finally were able to shut Mick Foley up, and shut those imbeciles in the crowd up as well. All 4 of us showed them a lesson, not to stop our revolution. They won’t even be here in PRIDE anymore, which means we can’t dwell on the past. Boys, the time to move is now. We have to continue our streak, and we have to continue what we started. And that is spreading the revolution, our message. Especially with all that’s taken place here tonight, we need to help this abused society. For all the garbage that was thrown in the ring, for all the boos that were directed toward us, we have to change each and every one of them. We have to stop them before it’s too late, and the disease spreads to the next generation. All of us have to rise up, and start new again. Whether we have to spill more blood, or put more people in their place, this Revolution can not stop. I’m tired of all the one time stories of people that tried to start something, but just couldn’t deliver. I’m tired of seeing these people in the big cities, seeing some anorexic girl on a billboard, and being drawn to buy the product. I don’t want to see future generations become puppets to the dictatorship that is the media.

Jacobs stands up, and takes his bag.

Jacobs – But boys, that’s enough for tonight. Next week, we’re going to show them something that they’ve never seen before. Wait until you see my plan, I’m sure it will work. With all the stupidity, we will be able to take all the power here in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. Let’s call it a night.

The camera now shows the entrance stage. The fans are already on their feet, waiting for the big main event.

Mama Said Knock You Out blasts through the speakers. The crowd gives a loud mixed reaction as Samoa Joe cockily walks to the ring.

Miseria Cantare plays through the arena. After a few moments, CM Punk walks onto the entrance stage, to a big ovation from the crowd. He walks to the ring, holding up his X.

D’Angelis – This is the Main Event! This match is a singles match, scheduled for one fall, under No Time Limit. There must be a winner! It will be contested for the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship! To my left, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 224 pounds, CM Punk! His opponent, from Huntington Beach, California, weighing in at 280 pounds, Samoa Joe!

PRIDE Championship
Singles Match
There Must be a Winner
CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

JoevsPunk5.jpg

*Bell Rings*

The two friends stare at each other in the middle of the ring. They shake hands, and begin to circle each other. They hold their hands up, weighting for the first to start the match. Samoa Joe goes for an early kick, but CM Punk backs away to avoid it. CM Punk moves closer to Joe, and fakes a forward thrust kick. The two finally lock up in the center of the ring. Samoa Joe dominates Punk quickly with his strength. Punk releases his grip, and locks in a headlock. Joe rolls to his back, making Punk let go of the simple, yet effective hold. The two both stand in the middle of the ring. Joe chops Punk. Punk retaliates with a quick forearm strike, and the two back away from each other. They circle each other again, and lock up once more. Punk ducks the arm of Joe, putting the left arm into a hammerlock, floated over into a headlock. Joe trips Punk to the mat, and Joe is on top of Punk. CM slides back through Joe’s legs, and locks on the headlock again. Joe trips Punk again, but he falls to his back this time. Joe looks to go for a kick, but Punk laid low to avoid it. Joe is spinning, and Punk grabs Joe in for a headlock again.

Malenko – A very sound strategy by Punk, he’s used it a couple of times before, and it’s really worked.
Simon – It wears down Joe so he won’t be able to compete for that long. It’s not a rest hold, the headlock is one of the most effective moves if it’s used right.

Punk clasps on to the headlock, and Joe tries to escape. Joe reverses it into an arm whip to the mat. Joe grabs the arm of Punk, and forces it into a wristlock. The move is transitioned into a hammerlock, but Punk trips Joe over to the mat for the escape. Punk tries to grab on quickly to Joe’s head as he is grounded. Joe moves out of the way, and the two meet, standing, in the middle of the ring again, and they lock up. Joe powers his way into a wristlock. Punk quickly rolls to the mat to escape, moves a little, and kicks upward to Joe’s wrist, breaking the lock effectively. Punk quickly stands back up on his feet, and locks on the headlock once more. Joe lifts Punk up for a back suplex, but Punk forced Joe to his knees. Joe is conserving his energy, and he falls to his stomach. Punk now has a riding position on Joe, with all of Punk’s weight being forced on Joe, applying more pressure. Joe fights back up to his feet, but Punk will not let go of the hold. Joe finally is up on his feet, and tries to elbow Punk in the midsection for the escape. CM Punk grasps on the hold even tighter, wanting to create more cobwebs in the big man. Joe brings Punk hard to the mat with a big belly to back suplex.

Punk’s shoulders are on the mat for a cover. 1…2… Punk got his shoulder up, with Joe still held in the headlock. Joe rolls back up to his feet with Joe still caught in the headlock. Joe walks towards the corner, trying to get a break. Punk is in control though, and he runs up against the buckles to ground Joe, preventing the impending escape. Joe fights back to his feet again, using all of his energy to get back up. This time, Joe cuts the legs out of Punk, forcefully breaking the energy-sapping headlock. Punk quickly gets up, and Joe charges at him. Punk takes the big man down with an arm drag. Joe quickly stands, and Punk charges at him. Joe brings Punk down this time with an arm drag of his own, and Joe goes for the cover. Punk kicked upward to stop Joe, and Punk sweeps Joe’s legs out, then attempting a pinfall. Joe quickly pushes Punk off of him. Joe now takes Punk’s legs away and he goes for the pin. Punk quickly escaped, and Joe gets back to his feet. Joe goes for a big round kick to the seated Punk, but CM ducked backwards to prevent Joe from hitting the momentum changing maneuver. Joe steps back trying to catch his breath after that quick exchange with his rival.

The fans applaud the two, seemingly at a draw at the moment. Joe and Punk meet in the middle of the ring again, and the two put each other in a Greco-Roman Knuckle Lock, a Test of Strength. Punk uses his quickness to drop to his back and attempt a monkey flip. Joe just grasps onto the hands of Punk, using his sheer size to stop from getting flipped over. Punk’s hands are squeezed by Joe, causing pain. Punk’s arms and shoulders are also in pain with the move. Punk slides through Joe’s legs, breaking the hold. Punk tries to grab Joe over in a headlock again, but Joe turned around instinctively to avoid it. Joe peppers Punk with some open handed slaps, and kicks him in the legs. Joe grabs Punk’s legs and takes it over in a Dragon Screw type of maneuver, forcing Punk to fall down to the mat. Joe continues his attack on the leg, kicking away at it while Punk is down. As Punk slowly gets back to his feet, Joe baseball slides him in the midsection, forcing him to lay flat on the mat again. Joe goes for a submission attempt this time, but Punk kicked upwards, landing it right in Joe’s face hard.

Masters – Jesus, it’s kick a mania right now.
Simon – There’s been lots of counters, they know each other so well.

Punk gets up, and he strikes Joe with some forearms to the worn down head and neck area. Joe is just absorbing the shots, putting on a face full of fury. Joe comes back with chops to Punk’s chest, and Punk can’t stop him. Punk steps backwards to the ropes, and is leaning against them for leverage. Joe connects with shot after shot, and Punk tries to cover up as best as he can. Joe is forced back by the ref, and Punk just smiles, his strategy working to the fullest. Punk works his way back to the middle of the ring. Punk is unexpectedly knocked to the mat with an enziguiri to the back of the head. Joe runs the ropes, going for an elbow. Punk moved out of the way, and Joe is in a seated position. Punk dropkicks the back of Joe’s head. Punk goes for a cover. 1…2… Joe easily kicked out. Punker grabs Joe’s arm, and puts it in a key lock type of maneuver. The head and arm of Joe is being worked over here, but he gets to his feet. Punk transitions the hold into a full wristlock, and he heads towards a corner. Punk climbs up the ropes, with Joe’s arm still held. It looks like Punk is going to attempt his leg drop Old School. Punk walks to the middle of the top rope, like a high wire. Joe scouted out the upcoming move and pushed Punk off of his feet, making him fall to the outside.

Malenko – CM Punk hasn’t used that move in 5 years, I’m surprised Joe knew what he was about to do.
Masters – I have to hand it to him, he really worked hard sitting on the couch and eating while studying matches.

A tired and worn out Joe is able to catch a breather after Punk spilled to the outside. Punk finally rises to his feet, and Joe capitalizes. Joe runs the ropes and dives out of the ring. He nails a forearm suicida to Punk. Both men are down after that maneuver. The ref will not count the two out because of the “must win†stipulation. After a few moments, Samoa Joe stands up, and pulls Punk up by the hair. Punk’s head is bashed against the ring apron, and Joe throws him to the turn of the guardrail. Joe sets up a chair for Punk to sit on. The Samoan walks to the other end of the ringside area, trying to gain a big start for his Ole kick. He charges right at Joe like a freight train. Punk moves out of the way at the last second. Joe’s leg impacts the guardrail hard, pushing it backward. Joe now has a seat, and the Straight Edge Wrestler now wants to hit an Ole Kick of his own. Punk charges, but Joe catches him, trying to throw him down with the ST-Joe. Punk had the move scouted out, and he falls backwards purposely to avoid the impact of the exposed ring floor.

Punk slides into the ring, and Joe quickly follows. Punk grabs Joe, looking to weaken the head more with a standing crossface. Joe counters out of it, standing behind Punk right now. The Samoan sweeps Punk down to a seated position, and chops him in the back. He tries to follow up with a kick, but Punk catches the swinging leg of Joe before it made an impact. Punk takes Joe off of his feet, and jumps swiftly towards him. CM locks him in a front headlock, with Punk’s body weight lying on Joe’s chest and rib area. Joe is weakened again, and can’t fight out of the submission hold due to Punk’s positioning on the mat. Joe rolls over to expose Punk’s shoulders to the mat. 1…2… Punk rolled back over to his original position. Punk’s body is left open for body shots, and the grounded Joe just strikes him hard. The headlock is forced into a different variation, with Joe getting rolled over to his stomach, and Punk keeping a riding position on Joe. The opening allows Samoa Joe to fight back up to his feet, and push out of the headlock. Punk retreats to the corner, where Joe charges at him and delivers with a big running forearm strike.

Joe now has Punk cornered. The Samoan unleashes wild, rapid, Kenta Kobashi like chops to Punk’s chest. The chest of CM Punk is turned a bright red color after the brutal chops from Joe. The Samoan backs up, and looks to hit another running maneuver. Punk had Joe’s running move scouted, as he put up an elbow to stop Joe. He is sent backwards, and Punk rebounds off of the second rope. Punk nails a turning cross body press to Joe, which is transitioned into a cover. 1…2… Samoa Joe gets his shoulder up. Punk backs off, and waits for Joe to get up. Punk assaults Joe with jujitsu palm strikes and fists. Joe ducks under a backfist from Punk, and hooks his arms for the German suplex-like Chimera Plex. Punk blocks it by ducking to his knees, and knocks Joe off of his feet. Punk falls on top of Joe for the cover. 1…2… Joe pushed Punk off, and he rises to his feet quickly. Joe sprints at Punk, attempting a lariat. CM ducked under the attempt, and Punk connects with a pinpoint dropkick to the sternum and upper chest area of Joe. The Samoan is bounced against the ropes. Punk tries to take him down with another dropkick, but Joe slaps his feet away.

Joe waists no time, and locks the grounded CM Punk in a tight single leg Boston Crab. Joe wrenches all the way back, making Punk’s damaged left leg almost touch his head. Punk yells in pain, and reaches out for the ropes. Punk fights his way closer and closer to the bottom rope, and is within reach of it. Right before Punk could touch the rope, Joe floated the Single leg Crab over into an arm trap crossface. Joe pulls Punk’s head back by pulling at the nose, and the ref calls for a break. After a count of 4, Samoa Joe finally releases the submission hold. Joe pulls Punk up to his knees by the hair, and he starts to hammer him with Kawada style shin kicks to the face. After a couple of kicks, the Straight Edge Star pushes the angered Joe away. Punk fights through the pain and charges at the dazed Samoa Joe. Punk hammers him with a flying forearm, sending Joe to a corner. Punk backs off and charges right back at the corner. CM delivers with a big knee strike to Joe, and signals a bulldog out of the corner. Joe pushes him away, and runs at him. Punk ducks under a Yakuza kick attempt from Joe, and grabs him by the arm. Punk ends up in front of Joe, and drives him down with a hammerlock DDT.

Simon – CM Punk really saved himself there, Joe’s big boot is vicious.

Punk covers his opponent. 1…2… Joe kicked out. Punk makes another cover. 1…2… Joe kicks out again, apparently angry at Punk for trying to take an opportunity. Punk resorts back to the headlock again, but Joe had it scouted out, and puts Punk on his shoulders. CM quickly fights out of it, and he runs against the ropes. Joe turns around and sees Punk coming at him. Joe drives Punk down forcefully with a turning powerslam. Joe makes the cover. 1…2… Punk got his shoulder up, and Joe uses that arm to lock in a jujigatame arm lock. Punk yells, having Joe pull his arm apart. Punk wriggles his way to a rope using his three free limbs. He touches the rope and the ref calls for a break. After a 4 count, Joe finally releases the submission. Punk is brought up to his feet by Joe, followed by a whip to the ropes. Joe attempts a scoop Samoan Drop, and has Punk on his shoulders. Punk quickly spins it over into an attempted Tornado DDT, but Joe blocks the move before it is nailed. Joe attempts a Northern Lights Suplex, but Punk goes to his knees for a block of that reversal. Punk’s counter ends up to be a big knee strike to Joe’s face.

Punk sprints quickly to the ring apron, and tries to attempt a springboard aerial maneuver. Joe runs at him, trying to take him off of the apron. Punk ducks under and attempts a body block to stop Joe between the top and middle ropes. Joe sidesteps it, and kicks Punk in the head while he was bent over. CM is about to fall to the floor, but he holds on to the ropes to save himself from falling. Joe runs straight at Punk, and knocks him off the apron hard with a Yakuza kick to the face. Punk spills onto the floor, hitting the guardrail as he went down. Joe rolls out of the ring, to continue an attack on his Straight Edge opponent. Joe chops Punk as he gets up, and continues with combinations of chops and forearms. Joe goes to whip Punk to the guardrail. Punk is easily thrown, and Joe follows right behind him, possibly going for an attack. Before Punk hits the guardrail, he stops himself. He turns around, and trips Joe into the guardrail. Punk seizes the opportunity, and leaps up onto the apron. As Joe turns around, Punk flies at him, attempting a flying head scissors attack. Amazingly, Samoa Joe catches him, and it looks like he’s going to deliver on a big move. Joe walks to the apron, and powerbombs Punk onto the apron, his back impacting the hard edge.

Simon – Wow, Punk’s back really could’ve been legitimately hurt there.
Malenko – But Joe has to make the cover before Punk can recover.

Joe rolls Punk back into the ring, and makes the cover. 1…2… CM Punk somehow kicked out. Joe has a frustrated look on his face, and he ushers Punk back to a vertical base. Punk can barely stand, and Joe runs against the ropes. Joe’s attempt at a clothesline missed when Punk unintentionally fell to his knees. The Samoan stops himself, turns around, and takes Punk out with a superkick. Punk falls backwards, and ends up seated in a corner. Joe walks over and tries to pull Punk up by the legs, but Punk quickly did a backflip with the aid of the ropes to prevent Joe from throwing him. Punk still is cornered, and Joe knocks his legs out again, signaling the facewash. Joe wipes his boot in Punk’s face several times as an attack. Joe runs against the parallel set of ropes to get ready for the big running boot. Punk rolls out of the way of the last boot, which leaves Joe leaning in the corner. Punk runs at Joe, but CM is caught and thrown down hard to the mat with the ST-Joe. Punk makes the cover. 1…2… Punk got his foot on a rope for the break.

Joe pulls his opponent to the middle of the ring, and runs against the ropes. Punk is back up on his feet, and ducks under a Samoa Joe wheel kick attempt. Joe is quickly back up to his feet, holding his already damaged neck, and pouring sweat. Punk runs against the ropes, and locks in a sleeper hold, looking to make Joe pass out. Joe’s already worn out body is struggling to stay standing. Joe wobbles over to a rope, but can’t make it. Joe breaks out of it by running against the ropes. Joe runs right back at Punk, but the Straight Edge Superstar sidestepped him and locked in the sleeper again. Joe is caught in the middle of the ring, and is fading fast. Punk has the hold firmly grasped, and will not let go, he wants to win with the sleeper hold. Joe’s face is a different color from the rest of his body, but he remains standing. Joe tries to make it to the ropes again, but Punk pulls him back to the middle of the ring. Joe’s energy was sapped from pulling his and Punk’s body to the ropes, and he takes a knee. CM leans on Joe with the sleeper, forcing all of his weight down on Joe.

Masters – This is boring.
Malenko – CM Punk really wants to finish the match here, this is a good way to win, playing into his strategy.

The ref starts to check if Joe is still conscious. His hand drops once. The ref repeats, and the same result happens. The ref drops the hand again, and right before Joe’s hand fell all the way down, he holds up a fist. Punk releases the sleeper hold, and rolls Samoa Joe up with an Inside Cradle.
1…2……..Thre

Samoa Joe kicked right before the ref’s hand hit the mat for 3. Both men get up, and Joe charges at Punk. Punk slips behind the American-Samoan, and takes him down with a backslide pin attempt. 1…2… Joe kicked out, which sent Punk’s shoulders to the mat, with Joe on top in a prawn hold pin. 1…2… Punk barely got the shoulder up, and Joe transitions the pin into a jackknife hold. 1…2… Punk barely got the shoulder up again, and he sits up, putting Joe in a pinning predicament. 1…2… Joe kicked out, and the two roll back to their feet. Punk charges behind Joe, and takes him down with a crucifix style pin. 1…2… Joe rolls over to take Punk in a cover, with the leg hooked, still in the crucifix. 1…2… Punk releases the crucifix hold, and takes Joe down again with a bandita. 1…2… Joe sits up, which exposes Punk’s shoulder to the mat in a modified Oklahoma Roll. 1…2… Punk rolled back and stands. Joe does the same. The two stare at each other in the middle of the ring, sweat pouring down like buckets. They both yell out battle cries.

Joe strikes first with open handed slaps to the face. Punk just absorbs them, and comes back with his own set of strikes. Joe comes back again, this time with forearms. Punk covers up, and attempts a backfist. Punk ducks under one, and returns with a big kick to the side of the head. The already tired Joe looks like nothing happened, and returns with a chop. Both scream loudly. Joe turns Punk around, and immediately locks him into The Choke. Somehow, Punk fights through the tiredness, and elbows his way out of it. Punk is the first to get up, but he stands on wobbly legs. Joe quickly follows, and he tries to pick Punk up. Punk blocks the attempt, and somehow grabs Joe, and takes him off of his feet with a Uranage Slam. Punk locks in the Anaconda Vice, and Joe’s body is struggling to stay in the match. Through a brutal series of knee strikes to the midsection, Punk is forced to release the hold. Punk gets back up to his feet again, and brings Joe up with him. Somehow, CM Punk amazingly lifts up Joe on his shoulders, attempting the Go 2 Sleep. Punk nails it! He makes the cover, hoping for the three count. 1…2… Joe KICKED OUT. Not only does he kick out, he rises up to his feet quickly, yelling for Punk to bring it. Joe lifts Punk up easily, and makes his way back to the middle of the ring. Joe drops Punk down with the Muscle Buster! Joe makes the cover. 1…2… Punk kicked out of Joe’s signature move too!

Simon – Through all the punishment these two have been through, they still have shown that they really want the title.
Malenko – I really don’t know what either has to do to put the other away, someone might die here, and I’m being honest.

Punk gets up and is showing his fighting spirit. Joe quickly throws Punk to the corner, and runs right at him. Punk got his boot up to send Joe back towards the middle of the ring. Punk hops up to the middle rope, but Joe quickly takes him off of his feet, making him sit on the top turnbuckle. Joe nails some forearms to the face of his opponent, and is about to hook Punk for the Muscle Buster again. Punk avoided getting caught, and retaliates with forearms of his own. Joe is about to fall off, but Punk grabs his arms, setting up the Pepsi Plunge. Joe fights getting his arms hooked, and now nails open handed slaps to Punk. Joe tries to set up the Muscle Buster once again, but Punk fought out of it like last time. CM Punk now has both of Joe’s arms successfully hooked, and is about to jump off the buckles. Joe fights out of it again, and strikes Punk with body shots to the face and chest. Punk is finally hooked in for the Muscle Buster, and Joe pulls him up. Joe jumps off of the top turnbuckle, and he nails the Muscle Buster! A very tired and battered Samoa Joe makes the pin attempt.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner and NEW Pro Wrestling PRIDE Champion, Samoa Joe!

Simon – Samoa Joe did it! He somehow beat CM Punk.
Malenko – What a match I just witnessed. I really was on the edge of my seat the whole match, and the crowd was on their feet the whole time.
Masters – Congratulations Joe, I have to get that out of the way.
Simon – What an amazing show we had here tonight, this show really should go in the record books.

Streamers fall from the ceiling, and Samoa Joe is handed the Title. He holds the title up, and celebrates his hard fought victory. He poses on the turnbuckle, with a grateful look on his face. Samoa Joe brings CM Punk back up to his feet, and says a few words to him. Samoa Joe holds out his hand, offering a handshake. The almost knocked out CM Punk obliges, and shakes his friend’s hand. The two embrace. Samoa Joe has tears in his eyes, and CM Punk holds both of their hands up. The show ends with that image.

----------END----------

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Punk Promo: This was an awesome promo. This captured the character of Punk perfectly.

Shelton Benjamin & Elijah Burke vs. Human Tornado & JTG: I thought that Tornado had balls of steel lol. Good match.

Shelton Benjamin & Elijah Burke vs. Dan Rodman & Brent Albright: I liked the ending of the match, it could set up for a future feud and it didn't make Rodman/Albright look loike a weak team.

Shelton Benjamin & Elijah Burke vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick: I thought you were going to have the Nation will it all. Another good match.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Joey Ryan & Scott Lost: It was a quick match. The Sweneey promo after was another promo that captured the character perfectly. I was right that they wouldn't lose their jobs.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Cody Rhodes & Lance Hoyt: I didn't expect Londrick to win this one. This is starting to sound repetitive, but good match.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Rocky Romero & Davey Richards: This was kind of a squash match.

Rocky Romero & Davey Richards vs. Chuck Taylor & El Generico: I like the combination of Taylor and Generico as a team, too bad they didn't win.

Rocky Romero & Davey Richards vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin: This was the best match so far from the gauntlet. Glad to see the Guns get the win.

Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin vs. Erick Stevens & Matt Cross: Another great match. The ending was abrupt and unexpected.

Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin vs. This had to be the best match of the gauntlet. Awesome job on the gauntlet overall.

Joe promo: This was a nice way to set up for his match with Punk.

Austin Aries vs Jack Evans vs Jimmy Rave vs Ken Dykstra vs Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong: This match was a huge spotfest and it proved that you are the best BTB match writer on this forum. Amazing match.

Punk vs. Joe: One word sums this up; wow. It felt like I was really watching this match. The amount of detail was amazing. This deserves the match of the month award.

Great job on the PPV. PRIDE has become my favorite BTB. This has to be the best show that I've read on this forum.

The Rated R CMStar

Damn, all I can say is I will not be able to review this tonight. I guess I'll have to give you the review when I come back from the trip, because damn, I have to read that CM Punk vs Samoa Joe match

Qwake

BM: Whoa I really don't know what to chose to be honest, all of the matches were really good! They were all very good lengths and I liked all of wrestlers in the matches but If I must chose a very best one it would be the main event, it was crazy and both guys are great! Also the 6-man ladder match awesome too! (Aries won) :)

WM: If anyone gave a bad match for this PPV they would be crazy! All of the matches were very well done...

BP: CM Punk had some good promo's building for the main event which I enjoyed, The age Of The Fall first promo was good and there second was alright too.

WP: N/A, they were all pretty good and entertaining...

AF: What a show, all of the matches were awesome! I liked the outcomes of the matches too, alot of my favs won and alot of the guys that one should have won (AOTF). The promo's were good to but not as good as the matches simply becuase the matches were perfect! Awesome PPV and if you continue with this I will continue to review...9/10!

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Wow HFH I will review after I get some sleep! Wow! Amazing ppv.. GottA finish reading the ladder match... Then I will review tommorow.