Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE 4/5 - Part II

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
4/5/08
Orlando, Florida
The PRIDE Championship Tournament
Part II

Austin_Aries15.jpg

Austin Aries is backstage with Lena Yada. Aries looks focused, and Leticia begins to speak to him.

Lena – I’m Leticia Cline, and I’m here backstage with Austin Aries. Austin, in your first match, you scored what some people called an upset against Paul Burchill and MVP. How do you feel after that match?

Aries – An upset? How is that an upset? I’m undefeated here in PRIDE, and I showed you and everyone else why I’m better than those two. I already beat all three other alumni of Generation Next, and I just beat those two men. I can’t be beat, and tonight I’ll be crowned champion. Because for the past few years, I’ve always been overshadowed by guys like CM Punk, Samoa Joe, and Alex Shelley. But I’ve always shown that I’m as good, even better than those men. They’re nothing, and my time to get to the top is now. I’m not Generation Next anymore, I am Generation Now.

Lena – Up next, you’re going to face CM Punk. A couple of years ago, he beat you for the ROH Title. How do you prepare for a match against him on such short notice?

Aries – You know, I’ve always heard the quote, ‘Some Things Can Change, but Some Always Stay the Same.’ I can use that quote to my match that I’ll have right now. Three years ago, CM Punk beat me in a grueling match. But that was 3 years ago, and this is now. Now I’m in the prime of my career, I’m on the top of my game. As for CM Punk, his time is over. Now he’s just a sports entertainment superstar, just an entertainer. He’s not who he used to be. And right now, I’ll beat him. Right after I beat him, I’ll be one win away from that belt. After that, Austin Aries will be the face of Pro Wrestling PRIDE.

Aries walks away, and the camera fades out on that scene. The camera now shows the middle of the ring, where Steven D'Angelis announces the current match

D’Angelis – The following is a semifinal match, in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship Tournament! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute Time Limit!

Miseria Cantare hits and CM Punk comes to the ring in his ring jacket. He walks to the ring, yelling “It’s Clobbering Time!†He looks focused and absorbs the crowd’s cheer.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 219 pounds, and standing 6 feet 1 inch tall, CM Punk!

Personal Jesus starts to play and Austin Aries walks through the curtain, yelling. He gets a mixed reaction from the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 207 pounds, Austin Aries!

Simon – In the match Austin Aries mentioned in his promo, he and CM Punk wrestled for over an hour. Do you think one can put the other away in under 30 minutes?
Malenko – Both men have to be pretty tired already, both of them went all out in their first matches of the night. And this match will not feature Chris Masters on commentary, because he is currently eating his fat ass off at some restaurant.

PunkvsAries.jpg

PRIDE Title Tournament

Semifinals
CM Punk vs Austin Aries

*Bell Rings*

Both men are in the middle of the ring, and CM Punk locks up with Austin Aries. Aries gets in a waistlock, and brings Punk to the mat with a takedown. Aries locks in a grounded wristlock on Punk. CM Punk uses a leg scissors to escape the hold, and locks Aries in the hold. Aries stands on his head and escapes, and when he gets out of Punk’s legs, Aries dropkicks Punk’s face. Aries locks in a headlock, but CM Punk gets out of it and locks in an armbar. Aries bridges to escape and both men get on their feet. Aries runs at Punk, and he is brought down with an arm drag. Punk holds the arm of Aries, and puts it in a kneeling armbar. Aries rolls out of it, and both men get to their feet, holding fists up in a fighting position. The fans applaud, both men are at a draw. They lock up again, and Aries sends Punk running across the ropes. Aries drives Punk over his head with a big hip toss, but Punk lands on his feet. Aries didn’t see Punk land, and he’s spun around. Punk strikes his forearms forward at Aries’ face, and he goes for a spinning back fist, which is ducked by Austin Aries. Aries grabs Punk’s waist and drives him backwards with a back suplex.

Aries rolls the leg of Punk up. 1… Kickout by Punk, and he quickly gets to his feet. Aries runs at Punk and goes for a knee strike, but Punk moved out of the way and sends Aries across the ropes. Punk jumps high and dropkicks Aries in the face. CM Punk rolls Aries to his stomach and he runs against the ropes. Punk baseball slides into the face of Aries, and he waits for him to get up. Aries gets up and Punk puts him in a headlock. CM Punk throws him to the mat with a headlock takeover, and dropkicks the back of his head. CM Punk goes for a cover. 1… Austin Aries kicks out emphatically. CM Punk gets up and runs to the ropes. Aries is almost hit with a leg drop, but he instinctively rolls out of the way, with Punk landing on the mat. Aries gets up and kicks Punk hard in the back with a roundhouse. He backs to the corner, and runs at Punker. He flips over and does a flipping neck snap onto CM Punk, who’s seated on the mat. Aries is on his feet and dropkicks his seated opponent. Aries sets up for his rolling elbow drop. He points to both sides of the gym, and drops down his elbow on the neck and back of Punk’s head. Aries now puts Punk in a neck wrench, further damaging the Straight Edge Wrestler’s neck. CM Punk escapes by elbowing the abdomen of Aries, and he sweeps Aries off of his feet, and proceeds to pin him with a Jackknife pin. 1…2… Kick out.

Malenko – Austin Aries has set out to do one thing to win this match, attack his neck. We’ve already seen him attack the neck exclusively already, let’s see what he does now.
Simon – It’s softening CM Punk up for the Brainbuster, Punk really would be in bad shape if Aries even attempted that with the way he is now.

CM Punk goes to the apron now, and he attempts a slingshot senton. Aries rolled out of the way and he stands up now on the ring apron. Punk is lying on his stomach, and Aries slingshots into the ring. He drops a knee onto the back of CM Punk’s head. Aries covers, pushing a forearm in the face of his opponent. 1…2… Punk kicks out with a count of two. Aries slaps the face of Punk, and then he rolls him over with a very strong crossface. Austin Aries rears back, wanting Punk to submit to the intense pain in his neck and upper back. Aries pulls way back, and he has to use his knee on Punk’s back to avoid from breaking his own hold. Punk rolls over to his side to lessen the pain, but Aries brings him to his feet, and drives him back down with a hangman’s neckbreaker. Aries still is hooked with Punk, and he rolls to his stomach, and jumps and bridges backwards. CM Punk is caught in a bridged necklock, and he either has to reach the ropes, or tap out. CM Punk forces himself to move close to a rope, not wanting to lose the important match. CM Punk reaches out, but he is inches away. He uses a last burst of energy, and crawls closer to the rope, and he grabs it.

Simon – Punk showing his desire to win, knowing that he can’t tap out now.

Malenko – But both of these guys know that, I’m really now expecting a victory by submission.

Austin Aries still has Punk in the hold, and the ref begins to count. 1…..2……3……4… Aries lets go, and a weak CM Punk rolls out of the ring, kneeling on the outside holding his sore neck. Austin Aries is standing in the middle of the ring, waiting for Punk to get to his feet. The Straight Edge Wrestler gets up and stands, still clutching the back of his head and neck. Aries runs against the far ropes, and he looks like he’s going to fly. He jumps through the middle and bottom ropes, but CM Punk moved out of the way by accident, he didn’t even see Aries in the ring before. Austin Aries lands on a guard rail, with his stomach getting most of the damage. CM Punk is now refocused on Aries, and he’s looking to exploit Austin’s recent mistake. CM Punk grabs Aries in a pumphandle hold, and drops him stomach first on the floor. Aries gets to his feet, holding his midsection. Punk hits a spinning toe kick on him, and Aries is brought up in a scoop. Punk drops Aries on the guardrail on his midsection again. Punk grabs Aries by the head, and brings him near a ring post. CM Punk tries to bring him over with an exploder suplex, but Aries lands on his feet, barely missing hitting the post. Aries grabs Punk’s head and slams it against the post, and he uses the post by placing Punk’s head on the front of it. Aries pulls back, using the post as a wedge, damaging the neck of Punker again.

Simon – There it is again, Aries is using his strategy perfectly. He is hitting all of his high impact moves, but using them wisely to damage Punk continually.
Malenko – But Punk really is showing that he can take it all, but Aries might tire himself out at his pace.

Aries rolls Punk back in the ring. He brings Punk to his feet, and hooks him in for a brainbuster. Punk is lifted up, but he quickly counters. He uses the ropes to spin Aries around and drive him to the mat with a Tornado DDT. Both men are on their feet, and both are holding their heads. Punk runs towards Aries, but Austin ducks under a clothesline, and Punk runs to the ropes. Aries grabs Punk’s head and locks him in a sleeper hold. Punk drops to his knees quickly, and goes under Aries’ legs to escape the hold. Punk gets to his feet, and a surprised Austin Aries is put in an abdominal stretch, and Aries grimaces, because his midsection was constantly attacked through both of the night’s matches. Aries looks like he’ll fight out of it, but Punk pulls him up and drops him on his knee with a gutbuster. Aries is bent over, and Punk goes to the apron. He springboards and flies towards Aries. He tries to knock Aries down with a forearm, but Austin jumps up and dropkicks Punk right in the face, sending Punk backwards, and crashing to the mat. As Punk gets to his knees, Aries hits a knee strike on Punk, followed by a knee drop bulldog. He covers. 1…2…. Kick out.

Austin Aries gets off of Punk now, and he goes to the middle of the ring, waiting for Punker to get up. Punk has gone limp, and Aries has to guide Punk to a standing position. He picks Punk up, and drives him back down with a big Crucifix Bomb. He transitions it into a cover. 1…2… Punk rolled backwards and escaped the pinning predicament. Punk still holds his own neck in pain, but looks like he wants to go on an offensive. Aries kicks him in the stomach, and runs against the ropes. He misses a big lariat, and CM Punk hits some open handed slaps, followed by a spinning back fist. Aries is shaken up, and Punk puts his opponent on his shoulders. Aries recovers, bringing Punk down with a crucifix takedown, into a pin. 1…2… Kick out by Punk, but that just got him off of his game. Aries is the first to get up, but Punk shortly follows. Both men stiff each other, but Aries uses his quick forearm strikes to weaken CM Punk. Austin Aries brings Punk up for the Brainbuster. Punk turns around while up in the suplex lift, getting Aries in a small package. 1…2… Both men get up at the same time. Aries runs at Punk, but Austin gets caught, and CM Punk wants to finish it up with the Anaconda Vice. Aries gets out of it by elbowing Punk’s head, and he wants to hit a big move. Aries goes to the back of Punk, and he tries to bring Punker down with a Russian Legsweep. Punk counters, the attempt into an inside cradle pin…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, CM Punk!

CM Punk raises his hands and celebrates his victory. He gets out the ring and walks towards Aries, who is leaning on the apron on the floor outside. A tired CM Punk extends his hand out to Austin Aries, thanking him for an amazing contest. Aries looks at Punk for a few seconds, and he looks very upset, and disappointed. Aries says no to the proposed shake, and he walks to the back, holding his head down, and looking very angry with himself.

Malenko – CM Punk has done it, he will have a shot at the Championship later tonight, but we still don’t know who his opponent will be.
Simon – Punk really took some damage in that last match, I want to see if his opponent in the Championship Match exploits his injury and how much energy he used up in his first two matches.
Malenko - We just saw victory happen to CM Punk. But now we send it to Leticia Cline, where she is with Paul Burchill, who sadly was eliminated by Austin Aries.

The camera flashes to the backstage area, where Leticia Cline is standing with a tired looking Paul Burchill. She begins to talk to him…

Paul_Burchill12.jpg

Leticia – Paul, earlier tonight you suffered defeat at the hands of Austin Aries. You were also eliminated from the tournament. What are your emotions right now, I know you must be disappointed.

Paul – Disappointed isn’t even the start of it. Along with that, I’m also upset, angry, and have a hunger for another match. In the triple threat I was not pinned, I didn’t lose. I also didn’t pin someone or made someone tap out, which I also didn’t win. I’m the odd man out, and it’s just horrible. I know that I could’ve pinned MVP or Austin Aries. But because it was a 3 way match, Austin Aries got the break of his life.

Leticia – I also hear that you have something to say to MVP. What are those words to that man?

Paul – You know, I used to respect Montel Vontavius Porter. I used to respect him when he would live up to his word of guaranteeing victory and beating all of his challengers. But that time was a long time ago, and now here in PRIDE, he hasn’t even gotten a clean win yet. And he still wants a shot at the future champion. He’s probably going to get it, because he’s going to call the race card once again. But the real future contender should be someone else, it really shouldn’t be someone who hasn’t won yet. So next show, I challenge MVP to a singles match. I challenge him to see if he can live to his word.

Leticia – Thanks Paul, now back to the semifinal match of the tournament.

D’Angelis – The following is a semifinal match in the PRIDE Championship Tournament. It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Six Barrel Shotgun plays and Alex Shelley makes his way through the curtain. His usual comical facial expression is absent, replaced with a determined look.

D’Angelis – First, from Detroit, Michigan standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 215 pounds, Alex Shelley!

Mama Said Knock you out hits and Samoa Joe walks through the curtain and onto the PRIDE Entrance Stage. He has a cocky smile on his face, and he looks ready to fight.

D’Angelis – His Opponent, from Huntington Beach, California weighing in at 280 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall, Samoa Joe!

Simon – This is a very important match. It’s Do or Die for both of these guys, not only is pride on the line, but so is a match for the PRIDE Title.
Malenko – Alex Shelley had the shorter match in the second round, and the most rest. He could be either very full of energy or very cramped for this match.

ShelleyvsJoe.jpg

PRIDE Title Tournament
Semifinals
Alex Shelley vs Samoa Joe

*Bell Rings*

Alex Shelley and Samoa Joe stand parallel in the middle of the ring, with hands raised in a fighting stance for both. Shelley hits some quick round kicks to the back of Samoa Joe’s leg, but Joe just brushes them off. Shelley goes behind Joe and tries to take him to the ground, but Joe is jus too big. He gets out of the waistlock and tosses Shelley hard across the ropes. Samoa Joe takes Shelley and brings him up in the air, then down to the mat with a back body drop. Joe holds his hand up and taunts the crowd. Shelley is back up, and he retreats to a corner, and has to rethink. The ref keeps Joe from attacking him, and Shelley gets back to the middle of the ring after a few moments. Shelley goes to his feet and behind Joe, trying to trip him up to get him to the mat. Joe is just too big, and he kicks his leg back and throws Shelley off of him, and out of the ring. Shelley quickly gets back in the ring, and Samoa Joe starts to stomp on Shelley. Shelley slowly gets to his feet, still getting pummeled by Joe. The ref moves Joe back, and gives time to Shelley to get up and avoid the sudden attack. Joe and Alex meet in the middle of the ring again, and the Samoan challenges his opponent to try to knock him down. Shelley runs against the ropes and tries to shoulder block Joe. He runs into a wall and tries again. But this time instead of trying to use his body, Shelley used his feet, utilizing a dropkick to send Samoa Joe a few steps backwards.

Malenko – Shelley does not want to wrestle Samoa Joe, and that’s a good idea. You don’t want to fight someone like Joe who’s so strong and so versatile.

Simon – True. Shelley shouldn’t rely on his aerial moves as much though, Joe probably knows that it might be Shelley’s strategy.

Shelley runs at Samoa Joe, who’s leaning against a ring rope. Alex uses his body and crashes into Samoa Joe, and both men go flying out of the ring, and onto the floor. Alex Shelley gets up quickly, and looks pumped. He climbs up onto the apron, and it looks like he’s going to go for a big move. Samoa Joe gets up, and Shelley runs across and off of the apron, and he lands on Samoa Joe with a body press. Samoa Joe is shaken, and his back gets slammed against the guardrail. Alex Shelley continues his attack, hitting Joe with knife edged chops. Shelley backs up and runs towards Samoa Joe, who’s still leaning on the rail. Samoa Joe saw what was coming, and he catches Shelley and throws him down with the ST-Joe. Shelley’s back slams across the wooden floor, and Joe picks Shelley up, and he wants to inflict more pain onto Alex Shelley. He hooks Shelley in, and he attempts an exploder suplex. When Shelley is brought up, he reverses by grabbing Joe’s head mid air, and bringing it down, driving his throat onto the top of the guardrail in a modified DDT like move. Shelley is standing in the crowd, while Samoa Joe is gasping for air, coughing. Shelley goes over the guardrail and back to the ringside area, and he wants to knock the wind out of Samoa Joe. He uses the guardrail to his advantage, jumping off of it and dropping both of his knees to the back of Samoa Joe, who’s bent over holding his throat. Alex Shelley drops a knee on the back of Samoa Joe’s head. Shelley slides back in the ring to avoid a countout. He immediately goes back to the outside, and continues to brawl with Samoa Joe. Joe just got up, and Shelley still wants to take all the air out of Samoa Joe. Shelley uses martial arts throat thrusts to continue the smart attack, and he finishes up with a big reverse elbow smash. Shelley tries to knock him down with a front choke STO. Samoa Joe counters by elbowing Shelley and Side Slamming him to the floor.

Joe slides back into the ring, not wanting to fight Shelley on the outside, he wants to wrestle. He calls for Shelley to get up, but his voice is hoarse and dry, and he’s still struggling to breathe. Shelley finally gets up, and he rolls back into the ring. Samoa Joe punts Shelley in the midsection just as he was getting up. Samoa Joe runs against the ropes, and he jumps up for a back senton. Shelley rolls out of the way, and Samoa Joe’s back hit hard on the mat, making more damage to Joe’s breathing. Joe rolls to his stomach and lies there. Shelley runs against the ropes and goes for a baseball slide onto Joe, but he tricked Shelley and rolls out of the way. Shelley is sitting, and Samoa Joe gets up, and catches his breath before attacking Shelley. He hits several kicks to the chest of Shelley, and then chops his back, followed by a run across the ropes. Joe wanted to hit a boot, but Shelley moved out of the way, and Joe lands awkwardly, almost in a split. Shelley runs against the ropes and goes for a Shining Wizard, and he delivers. He covers. 1…2… Samoa Joe got a shoulder up. Alex Shelley gets up and quickly drops a leg onto Joe, and proceeds by running against the ropes. He springboards, and tries to hit a springboard moonsault onto Samoa Joe’s chest, trying to knock the wind out of him again. Samoa Joe rolled out of the way, but Shelley lands on his feet. Joe is up, and he peppers Shelley with a couple of unexpected open handed slaps. He throws Shelley against the ropes, and when Alex runs back, he drives him down with a big Samoan Drop. Samoa Joe is up, and he holds his hand up. He runs against the ropes, and yells ‘Samoa’ out, and taps his elbow. He fakes a leg drop, and drops his elbow onto the chest of Alex Shelley, with a nice Samoan combo.

Malenko – Big move by Samoa Joe, paying tribute to his Samoan people.
Simon – It looks like Joe wants to put Shelley away here, but I don’t know if Alex will let him.

Samoa Joe covers. 1…2… Kick out by Shelley, and Samoa Joe looks like he wants to finish Shelley off. Shelley slowly gets up, and Samoa Joe grabs him and throws him to a corner. Joe charges with a body splash, but Shelley rolled under to escape, and Joe’s chest slams against the turnbuckle. Shelley waits for Joe to turn around, and he brings Joe down with a Reverse STO. Shelley jumps quick up on the ropes, and he lands on Samoa Joe with a frog splash to the back. Alex Shelley pins. 1…2… Joe got a foot on the bottom rope. Shelley stands straight up, and he holds his hands up with an A. He brings Samoa Joe to his feet, and he kicks him in the stomach, sending him back a few steps. Shelley follows up with a superkick to the chest of Samoa Joe, but before he fell, Alex grabbed his head, setting up the Sliced Bread #2. The fans are on their feet, and Shelley points towards the turnbuckle. He runs up on the ropes, and it looks like he’ll hit it, but Samoa Joe pushed Shelley away, crotching him on the turnbuckle. Joe turns Shelley around, and it looks like he’s going to hit the Muscle Buster. He grabs his head and hooks him in, but Shelley quickly pushed Joe away, and towards the middle of the ring. Shelley stands on the ropes now, and he jumps off and sends Joe flying with a flying Reverse Elbow. The move made Joe bounce off the ropes. Shelley catches him, and he locks in the Border City Stretch! Joe is stuck in the middle of the ring, with nowhere to go. He tries to counter, but Shelley just wrenches the hold in tighter. Joe uses his power to get to his knees, which loosened the painful hold. From out of nowhere, Joe breaks the Stretch, goes behind Shelley and locks in The Choke! Alex Shelley is completely shocked as he’s brought to the mat. Alex Shelley has nothing else to do but pass out!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner by knockout submission, Samoa Joe!

Simon – What a beautiful counter by Samoa Joe to steal the victory from Alex Shelley.
Malenko – But this only means one thing, Samoa Joe and CM Punk will take on each other later tonight, for the PRIDE Championship.
Simon – That matchup is something people have wanted to see since their Trilogy in 2004. But now this is 2008, things might be much different.
Malenko – Both of them have made a name for themselves in the years since then, and I really want to see how it goes.
Simon – We’ll get to see that match next, right after the second intermission.

CM_Punk7.jpg

The camera now shows the locker room area, where CM Punk is sitting on a bench, with his head down, focusing. He looks up and immediately notices the camera, and after a few short breaths, he begins to speak.

CM Punk – Four years ago, I was involved in one of the most amazing set of matches in wrestling history. Four years ago, Samoa Joe and I put Ring of Honor on the map with our historic trilogy of matches. We didn’t just put Ring of Honor in national attention, we showed people real American wrestling. We showed them that American independent wrestling wasn’t just an angle, and a couple of high production interviews, we showed that wrestling was still alive. The fighting spirit was being shown in a little independent promotion that was constantly getting screwed over. But four years ago, I lost that trilogy, with only one win going to Samoa Joe, and the other two, 60 minute draws.

The Straight Edge Wrestler puts his head down again, and picks it back up, pouring water down his mouth. CM Punk begins to speak again.

CM Punk – But now, history could be made again. Because tonight, I’ve already gained two victories, and I’m in the finals for the PRIDE Title. In the finals, I will face my longtime nemesis, Samoa Joe. I know what people are saying right now. They’re probably saying that history will repeat itself, or that I’m just no match for Samoa Joe. But they’re wrong. This isn’t 2004, this isn’t the year of Samoa Joe. This is now the era of Straight Edge, the CM Punk era. I don’t care if the match goes 2 minutes or a full 30, I will not lose. I want to become the first PRIDE Champion. Because Straight Edge isn’t about giving no effort at all, not acting like most people do. Straight Edge is about discipline, and there is discipline in being a champion. And right now, I’ll show everyone what it’s all about. Right now, you’ll see CM Punk become PRIDE Champion.

CM Punk stands up and starts to warm up.

----------SECOND INTERMISSION----------

Mick_Foley8.jpg

Ricky_Steamboat2.jpg

The camera now shows the entrance stage, and a mix of Crash and Sirius hits. Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat walk to the ring, playing to the crowd. They both get into the ring with microphones, and it looks like they have something to say.

Suddenly the venue goes pitch black. Through the darkness, screams play through the speakers. The lights turn back on after a few moments, and in the ring, the Age of the Fall appear, beating down on Foley and Steamboat.

Tyler Black is choking Mick Foley out with barbed wire. Harry Smith pushes Steamboat to a corner, and starts to brutalize him with a metal pipe, busting him open. Jimmy Jacobs uses his walking stick and switches attacking both men. Lacey directs the traffic, urging the three to continue their ambush. Both commissioners are in a pool of blood. Suddenly, enforcers Test Martin and Mark Jindrak rush to give aid. Their size proves no match to the weapons of the Fall, and they immediately get beaten down. Foley and Steamboat are kicked out of the ring, and the bodyguards are now getting beaten down. They immediately get busted open, and Lacey throws a couple of chairs into the ring. Tyler Black takes one chair and closes it on the head of Mark Jindrak, choking him. Harry Smith grabs some barbed wire and wraps it around the body of Test, including his head. Jacobs stomps at the both of them, and with each stomp, blood spurts out of their motionless bodies. Jimmy Jacobs pulls two things out of a briefcase he placed in a corner. He takes out two body bags. The three put the two big men in the body bags, and display them in the ring like trophies. Jimmy Jacobs grabs the mic Mick Foley dropped, and he begins to speak…

AOTF.jpg

Jacobs – Who’s going to save your heroes now, huh? Come on, someone save them. NOTHING SAVES. No matter how much they try to keep us away, our army grows bigger. With every time they try to stop us, they try to oppress us, we just keep on getting stronger. Just look at the crowd, I see some soldiers of the Fall right now, and I know they enjoyed what they just saw. They still don’t understand that we can’t be stopped, this war is one sided now. This war that is being fought against the muscled prostitutes like Jindrak or Test, and the people that have outworn their welcome, especially the two men lying on the outside right now.

He hands the microphone to Tyler Black.

Black – I’m tired of seeing the same people every single show in the main event. The same people that sold their souls to feed their egos on television. The people that can never and will never have a meaning in life, just selling themselves like a child’s toy, to be reused again and again until the master gets tired of playing. While those men are whoring themselves to the masses, me and my brothers in this movement are trying to change the world one little person at a time. I’m sick of seeing you people pretend like everything’s OK, but you’re the one that’s sick, you’re the one that can’t even live a normal day. They’re the people that tell me that I’m wasting my life with this movement. But they are the ones that in every single day of their life, rotting away, dissolving into nothingness.

Harry Smith takes the microphone, and he adds in his say.

Smith – People ask me what I’ve done with myself, they ask me if I will ever be the ‘old’ Harry Smith again. I tell them that the old Harry Smith died, and the new me was born smarter, more aware of all the wrong in our world. More aware of the people that I once was employed for are nothing but masters to a fucked up cycle of nothingness, all in it for the buck. All in it, claiming to entertain, but the only entertainment they get is how they could trick so many people to being so gullible, so easy. That’s what we’re fighting, we’re fighting Mick Foley, Rick Steamboat, goddamn Vince McMahon, the leaders of this system that’s been going on for over 50 years. The time to change is now. It all comes crashing down right now, and only change will make that happen. Change in the name of all the victims of this Abused Society. A change in attitude, a change in ideals, a change to this Revolution.

Jacobs – This is just a grass roots movement, changing one person at a time, converting them to open their eyes. Making them realize that they’re drowning in a pool of their own guilt. There’s still much left to be done, time to get up and fight our fight. And I don’t give a damn about your little title match, it can go burn and rot just like the 4 men you see right here. Because this isn’t why we’re here, you already know our message. CM Punk and Samoa Joe, I challenge you to come out here right now, you probably won’t fit in the ring because your television egos are too big. This show is over, there will be no final match, and there will be NO FUTURE.

As Jacobs completed that last phrase, a rush of people runs out from backstage. The teams of the Aerial Assault, Team EGO, the Murder City Machine Guns, Muscle Militia, Second City Saints, Untamed and Vulture Squad 2.0 come to challenge the Age of the Fall. Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Harry Smith and Lacey get out of the ring, and try to run away. There is too much opposition, and they’re caught by the insurgence of people. They’re dragged backstage, and the fans applaud and chant thank you. Some people remain to aid the 4 men that were attacked. Mick Foley looks like he’s back to his senses, but barely. Someone gives him a microphone, and he says with a choked voice.

Foley – Continue the show.

Foley passes out after that last sentence. Him and the other three passed out men are carried to the back on stretchers. The teams go to the back, looking worried.

Malenko – The Age of the Fall really showed the PRIDE officials what happens when you mess with them.

Simon – They really are out to continue their revolution, and I guess taking Foley and Steamboat down makes them think it’ll help.

Malenko – But luckily some teams got out before more chaos could happen. I don’t know what could’ve happened if the attack continued.
Simon – Look who’s back, its Chris Masters.
Masters – Finally, the people watching this online can hear my marvelous voice once again.

Mama Said Knock You Out plays through the venue, and Samoa Joe walks through the curtain, and he has an intense look on his face. He walks to the ring, getting mixed reactions from the fans. He slides into the ring and poses.

Miseria Cantare hits, and CM Punk steps through the curtain and onto the entrance area. He holds up an X, and the fans cheer him. He slides in the ring, and gets on his knees and holds up the Straight Edge X.

D’Angelis – The following match is the Main Event, the Finals of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship Tournament! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit! First, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 219 pounds, standing 6 feet 1 inch tall, CM Punk! His opponent, from Huntington Beach, California weighing in at 280 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall, Samoa Joe!

The ref holds up the PRIDE Championship Belt.

Malenko – Here we go, Joe vs Punk IV. Right here, right now for the PRIDE Title.
Simon – I’m interested to see which strategy each man uses, they’ve both taken lots of damage tonight, I’m feeling that they’ll find their pace and use it to their advantage.
Masters – I hate both of these guys.

JoevsPunkIV.jpg

Main Event
PRIDE Championship Tournament
The Finals
Samoa Joe vs CM Punk

*Bell Rings*

The two men stand in the middle of the ring, and they shake hands. They stare each other down for a couple of seconds, and begin to circle each other. They finally lock up, and Samoa Joe easily pushes CM Punk to the mat. CM Punk gets up, and the two lock up again. Before Samoa Joe could use his power, Punk shocked Joe with a small package. 1… Samoa Joe rolls while still in the cover, pinning CM Punk. 1… CM Punk kicked out, and the two separate, standing opposite in the middle of the ring. They lock up a third time. It goes neutral, and the two lock up again. Samoa Joe pushes Punk to a corner, and Joe backs up, not wanting to use his strikes too early in the match. Punk gets into the middle of the ring, and he and Samoa Joe circle each other. Joe is put into a hammerlock, which is reversed quickly when Joe puts Punk in the same hold. Samoa Joe brings Punk to his knees and onto his stomach, and locks in a headlock. CM Punk gets out of it, and he gets to his feet, putting Joe in his own headlock. Samoa Joe counters to a hammerlock, pulling back on his arm. CM Punk backs up, driving Samoa Joe to a corner.

The ref asks for a break, and CM Punk goes to another corner. The two meet in the center of the ring, and there’s a test of strength. Samoa Joe lets go of one arm and puts Punk in a wristlock. Samoa Joe twists the arm of Punk tight, and Punk looks for a reversal. Punk rolls to the mat, rolls back and kicks the hand of Samoa Joe, successfully breaking the wristlock. Punk gets up, and the two are at a standoff, and the fans applaud this. They get into another test of strength. CM Punk wins this time, putting Joe in his own wristlock. Samoa Joe counters quickly with a drop toe hold, and locks CM Punk in a camel clutch. Joe wants to attack the already injured neck of CM Punk, and he rears back, putting Punk in an awkward position. Before Punk could escape, Joe locks Punk in a crossface, further exploiting the neck. Punk says no to a tapout. Before Samoa Joe could rear back, Punk countered it into a grounded hammerlock. Samoa Joe tried to counter, but Punk blocks it. Samoa Joe uses his free arm to elbow CM Punk in the face, and Punk’s hold loosens on the bigger man. Samoa Joe escapes and the two get up.

Simon – Both of these men want to wear the other out, the go for big moves.
Malenko – Good to see Samoa Joe attack Punk’s neck, that’s what the smart wrestler would do.
Masters – BOR-ING!

Punk and Joe lock up like in the beginning of the match, and Samoa Joe throws CM Punk to a corner. Punk stops himself before hitting a turnbuckle, but Samoa Joe runs at him. Punk ducks a clothesline, and Joe hits the turnbuckle. CM Punk chops Samoa Joe, and Joe just takes them. Joe pushes CM Punk away, and he walks towards him. Joe starts to unleash stiff strikes on CM Punk in the middle of the ring. CM Punk answers with some stiff forearms to Joe, and then a chop. Joe just brushes the offense off, and he kicks CM Punk in the back of his leg. Punk staggers backwards, and Joe rocks him with slaps, followed by a round kick to the leg again, making Punk lean on a rope. Samoa Joe goes for a spinning forearm, but Punk ducks under it and chops Samoa Joe, and he’s leaning against the ropes now. Punk starts to punch him in the face, and Samoa Joe grabs him by the throat and chops him back to the middle of the ring. Samoa Joe tosses CM Punk against the ropes, and he lifts him up and drops him down with a back body drop. CM Punk quickly gets to his knees, but as he does, Samoa Joe holds his hands up in celebration. CM Punk stands up right now, and he rolls his neck, getting ready for what’s to come.

Malenko – The pace of this match could be getting quicker right now, both Joe and Punk have worn each other out already.
Masters – Joe looks hungry, it looks like he’s asking the fans to give him food.
Simon – Not a smart idea by Joe to be showing off, I would think he would continue his attack, but maybe he’s just tired.

Samoa Joe isn’t looking at CM Punk, and the Straight Edge Star spins him around. Punk throws Joe against the ropes. Punk drops down, and Joe runs against the opposite set of ropes. Punk is up, but he gets hit with a shoulder block. Samoa Joe waits for Punk to get to his feet. Punk finally does, and he gets whipped across the ropes. CM Punk gets thrown overhead with a hip toss, but he lands on his feet. CM Punk turns around and elbows Joe on the back of the head. Samoa Joe turns around and he slaps Punk several times in the face, but Punk comes back with his own slaps and forearms, and he tries to finish the combo with a back fist, but Joe ducked under it. Samoa Joe kicked the dazed Punk right on the side of the head, and Punk collapses to the mat. Joe quickly capitalizes, putting Punk in a neck scissors. Punk reaches out, but can’t find a rope. Samoa Joe changes the hold into an inverted facelock, still damaging the head and neck. CM Punk rolls over, breaking the painful hold. Joe gets up and stomps at Punk’s face, and finishes with a diving forearm. Joe tries to go for a cover, but Punk kicked up and got Joe right in the face.

CM Punk gets to his feet, and throws Samoa Joe against the ropes. Punk jumps up and goes for a dropkick, but Samoa Joe held a rope to evade the attack. Joe runs and falls onto Punk with a back senton. He covers. 1…2… Punk got a shoulder up, and Samoa Joe quickly got up. He wipes his boot on the face of Punk, and finishes with a punt to the midsection. Joe gets on the back of Punk, and puts him in a submission. Joe puts him in a half nelson and crossface, with a knee draped onto the back. Joe rolls to his back, adding even more pressure to the hold. Surprisingly, Punk rolled back and escaped the hold, and he’s standing now. Punk runs against the ropes and baseball slides the top of Joe’s head. Samoa Joe gets up, holding his head. Punk runs at him, and kicks him hard in the stomach. Punk grabs Joe’s arm and goes behind him, and goes back to his front with the arm still held. Punk sweeps Joe’s legs and drove him down with a big DDT. Punk rolls up, and puts both of his knees on the back of Joe. He grabs his head and legs, and tries to bring him over with a Bow and Arrow Hold. Joe’s size proves a problem to bring over, but Samoa Joe finally is brought over in the submission hold.

Malenko – That’s what Punk needs to do, he probably can’t lift Samoa Joe, he just needs to keep on using strong submissions and strategies.

Simon – But he also has to protect his neck too, it’s too perfectly set up for Joe’s signature moves.

Samoa Joe has nowhere to go, and he yells in the painful hold. Punk pulls back the head and legs of Joe farther, and Joe tries to take the pain. Punk loses grip of the hold, and Joe escapes. CM Punk gets up, and so does Samoa Joe. Joe runs at Punk, but he’s stopped with an enziguiri. Punk gets up, and he runs against the ropes. He drives Joe down with a swinging neckbreaker. Punk rolls to his feet and gets back to his feet, still with Samoa Joe hooked in. He drives Samoa Joe back to the mate with a hangman’s neckbreaker. Punk puts Joe in an armbar, but Joe countered and got out of the submission fairly quick. A tired Samoa Joe gets to his feet, and Punk gets up. He sends Punker running against the ropes. Joe caught him and drove him down with a spinebuster, and Joe remains standing. He grabs the legs of his opponent, and it looks like he’s going for a Texas cloverleaf. Punk kicked Joe in the stomach, sending Joe backwards, against the ropes. Joe is running back to Punk, and the grounded man sticks his knees up. That sends Samoa Joe overhead with a monkey flip. Joe gets back to his feet, but he’s groggy. Joe bounces across the ropes, and he gets hit with a big leg lariat. Joe’s still standing, and he looks upset.

CM Punk looks like he wants to hit some more offense, but Samoa Joe rolls out of the ring. The ref tells Punk not to go to the outside until Joe looks ready. Punk does so, and when the ref finally lets him go, he capitalizes on the opportunity. Samoa Joe is still regrouping on the outside when CM Punk comes to the floor. Punk starts to unleash offense on Joe, hitting him hard in the back. Samoa Joe is fully up now, and he challenges Punk to hit him. Punk unleashes a big right hand onto the face of Joe, but Joe only flinched. Joe hits chop and punch combos, and he throws Punk to a guardrail. Joe runs at Punk, and he hits him with a big knee strike to the chest. Joe grabs the head of Punk and slams it on the top of the guardrail. Joe repeatedly does this, and then seats CM Punk on a chair next to the guardrail. Joe backs up and the fans start to chant Olé! Joe runs at Punk, and he attempts the Ole kick. CM Punk moved out of the way, and Joe’s leg smashes against the guardrail, and he staggers a few steps backwards. Punk goes into the crowd now, and he uses the guardrail as a springboard to hit Joe with a crossbody. Both men are currently down on the floor, holding their bodies in pain.

Masters – Way to ruin yourself Punk, that move probably could cost you the match, taking too many risks.

Simon – It’s the only way he could have knocked Joe off of his feet, he can’t lift someone who has about 50 pounds on him.

CM Punk is the first to get up, but he holds his neck, and he tries to catch his breath. While Punk’s back was turned, Samoa Joe gets up too, and he has trouble breathing. Samoa Joe grabs CM Punk and he slams him by the head onto the ring apron. Joe elbows the neck of Punk, and repeats several times. Punk is rolled back into the ring by Samoa Joe, and the Samoan gets up on the ring apron. CM Punk gets up, but he’s not facing Samoa Joe. Joe grabs Punk by the neck and snaps it onto a rope, with a neckbreaker. Punk holds his neck, and he doesn’t know where he is. Samoa Joe gets back into the ring, and he runs against the ropes. Joe tries to hit him in the neck with a Northern Lariat, but Punk ducks it, not knowing what was coming. Punk capitalizes by driving Joe onto his knee. Punk hooks both the arms of Samoa Joe in a double underhook, and he tries to bring him up. Samoa Joe’s weight looks too much to lift by the lighter Punk. Punk uses all that he has, and brings him up, then drives him hard to the knee with the double underhook backbreaker. A tired Punk falls onto Joe for a cover. 1…2… Kick out by Joe, elbowing Punk on the neck in the process.

Both men get to their feet, and they exchange chops. Punk catches the hand of Joe, and puts it in a wristlock. Punk quickly goes for a wristlock clothesline, but Joe ducks under it, and he grabs Punk by the waist now. Joe brings Punk back with a German Suplex, and he rolls over and up for a second. He now hooks his opponent in a full nelson and brings him over with a Dragon Suplex. Joe rolls over and up to his feet once more, and puts Punk in a straightjacket hold. Joe brings him over one last time, and drops him down with a third suplex, and Joe bridges. 1…2… Punk kicks out, and Samoa Joe slaps the chest of Punk, and he runs against the ropes now. Joe jumps up and drops his knee onto the throat of CM Punk, and he covers. 1…2… Punk kicked out, and he’s brought to his feet by Joe. Joe runs against the ropes, and he lifts his leg up, going for a big boot. Punk moved out of the way, and Punk runs towards the ropes. He springboards off, of them, and he grabs Samoa Joe’s head and drives it to the mat with a Tornado DDT. Punk gets back to a standing position, and Joe is kneeling. Punk runs against the ropes, and he wants to hit Joe with a big move.

Punk gets to Joe, and hits him in the face with a Shining Wizard. Punk sees Joe down and he covers. 1…2… Joe kicked out. CM Punk goes to the apron, anticipating when Samoa Joe would get up. Joe stands up, and he gets hit with a springboard clothesline from CM Punk. Punk stands up, and he calls for the finish. Samoa Joe gets up, and immediately he gets hit with some forearms and slaps. Punk pulls Joe in for the Anaconda Vice, but Joe elbows the head of his opponent, stopping the move from happening. Joe gets out of the hold Punk has, and he brings him over with an Exploder Suplex. Punk is sitting on the mat, and he gets kicked stiff by Samoa Joe. Joe runs against the ropes and hits a single leg dropkick on the back of CM Punk’s head. Punk gets up slowly, and he’s thrown against the ropes. Joe puts Punk in the Choke as he came back to him. Before Joe could put on the body scissors, Punk backed Joe into a corner. Joe gets out of the corner and now puts Punk there. He hits him in the face a couple of times, and sits him on the top rope. Joe hooks Punk in for the Muscle Buster, but Punk hits the back of Joe to get out of it. The fans are on their feet, and they want to see what’s about to happen. Joe gets on the second rope, looking to hit a bigger move. Punk got out of the hold of Samoa Joe, and he hooks the arms for the Pepsi Plunge. Before Punk could attempt the move, the bell rings.

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – The 30 minute time limit has been expired. This match has been ruled a draw!

The fans chant ‘5 More Minutes’ but both men look extremely tired.

Simon – What a match, both men showed that no one had the advantage, and they fought to a draw.

Masters – That match blew my mind, I’ll have to give credit to both guys there.
Malenko – Let’s see what happens to the PRIDE Title next week, I’m hoping that there’s a rematch somewhere down the road.

Simon – Thank you for watching this historic PRIDE Show. Join us next week to watch what’s to come.

A highlight video plays, along to One Step Closer by Linkin Park. After that, the credits roll and the PRIDE logo flashes across the screen once again.

0becad6981.jpg

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: The 30 minute Main Event, wow! this match is amazing, there are lots of action in it. Punk is about to win it, too bad he didn't managed to beat the time.

Worst Match: n/a, all matches were great

Best Promo: all of your promos are great but I am going to pick Austin Aries' one. It made me thought that he might beat his look alike, CM Punk (lol) but Punk still manages to pull out the win.

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: Great show, after that long tournament, it just turned into a draw and I really thought Punk will win it. I wonder what will happen next between Joe and Punk, will there be also in between and try to get their hands at the title? I am looking forward to your next show.

Reaction score
Best Match: Main Event - Punk vs Joe was a great match up and having it end as a draw just promises another match from those two.

Worst Match: N/A

Best Promo: Age Of The Fall/Mick and Steamboat - Great promo no doubt, Having the tag teams save Mick and the others was a nice idea. The dialog was great and everything flowed smoothly.

Worst Promo: N/A

Additional: Nice booking man, The matches were great and so were the promos. This is truly one of my favorite btbs around. Keep it up man and I'll be reviewing.

The Rated R CMStar

BM: The main event, a hell of a matchup, altough I also enjoyed Aries vs Punk.

WM: Hell no

BP: This is hard, because all of your promos were...awesome. The Austin interview, the CM Punk interview were both great, but I am going with the Age of the Fall one.

WP: None

AC: Amazing show, really. An amazing way to end the tournament and you really hyped the Punk vs Joe encounter in a good way. The Age of the Fall angle has taken a new twist and I am very excited about this angle. Great work,

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
PRIDE Preview for 4/12/08

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
April 12, 2008
The Preview

-This week, Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat will not be at the shows, due to the Age of the Fall's attack during the tournament. The following matches have been announced...

Paul Burchill vs MVP
-Last week, both Burchill and MVP competed in a triple threat match, but both came up short. After the match, Burchill challenged MVP for a match this week. MVP accepted the challenge, but did not want to say anything to the PRIDE website. Which man will get their revenge after last week's 3 Way?

The Dynasty vs The Murder City Machineguns
-On the March 22nd edition of PRIDE, Jay Lethal was supposed to take on Joey Ryan. But instead of showing up, Joey Ryan and the rest of his partners in the Dynasty were in Hawaii, living it up. Larry Sweeney challenged Jay Lethal and the other Machine Guns for a 6 Man Tag, this week. Will The Dynasty's week of Rest and Relaxation prove dividends?

-PRIDE also announced a 7 Man Ladder Match to take place on May 17th in Manhattan, for the PRIDE International Title. The next 2 matches are qualifying matches for that match.

Austin Aries vs Ken Dykstra
-At the Title Tournament last week, Austin Aries went on to the Final Four, before losing to CM Punk. Aries has changed his focus to the International Title, and he looks primed and ready to survive the ladder match. Ken Dykstra, a member of the Muscle Militia, wants that title too, and he wants to show that his strong performance against Samoa Joe was no joke.

Brian Kendrick vs Roderick Strong
-Both Brian Kendrick and Roderick Strong have styles that can adapt well to a ladder match environment. Brian Kendrick has shown everyone that he's not just a high flyer, he can take his game to the mat, and be successful as a singles wrestler. Roderick Strong, only known by independent crowds, wants the International Title, and he'll show No Remorse to do that. It's a classic Speed vs Power duel in PRIDE.

-Also, PRIDE announced the induction of the Lightweight Title. There will be a Fatal 4 Way Match on to determine the champion, and matches will be held to determine those lucky 4 men. The match will take place on May 17th, and it will be one wild match. This week the qualifying match is...

Davey Richards vs The Human Tornado
-Both men specialize in kicks, but The Human Tornado is more of a fun, martial arts type kicker, while Davey Richards will kick your head off if you don't be careful. They both want the Lightweight Championship, and they have to battle it out this Saturday.

-The Age of the Fall made a huge impact by hospitalizing Mick Foley, Ricky Steamboat, Test, and Mark Jindrak. What will they have to say this week about the current state of their revolution?

-Last week, CM Punk and Samoa Joe wrestled to a 30 minute draw after a grueling night of matches. The status of the PRIDE Title remains in limbo, and both men want their hands on the gold. What will happen between these two extremely focused individuals?

-Join us this Saturday for another week of Pro Wrestling PRIDE action!​

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I do really feel that one of The Age of the Fall members will be in between Joe and Punk while they go for the title. I am checking out the next show. Check out HEW if you want.

BTW, here's my predictions:

Paul Burchill vs MVP

Evil Austin

Paul Burchill vs MVP

good card, ill be reading.

edgehead09

Reaction score
Paul Burchill vs MVP

check out EWA..first show is posted....review for review

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE - April 12, 2008

0becad6981.jpg

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
April 11, 2008
Sports Network and Fitness Inc.

Manassas, Virginia

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE Logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints,
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers,
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the T.V.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!

The PRIDE logo flashes once again, followed by highlights of last week’s show. CM Punk and Samoa Joe standing on opposite corners of the ring is last shown, and the camera now flashes to the middle of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following is a 3 on 3 tag team match! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Dynastic hits and the Dynasty make their way through the curtain with Larry Sweeney, taunting fans. The fans boo the 4 men, but they just brush it off.

D’Angelis – On their way to the ring, accompanied by Larry Sweeney, Joey Ryan, Scott Lost, and Scorpio Sky, they are The Dynasty!

Beautiful Disaster plays through the arena, and the fans cheer. The Murder City Machine Guns walk onto the stage, and they head towards the ring.

D’Angelis – Their opponents, accompanied by Angel Williams, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and Jay Lethal, they are the Murder City Machine Guns!

Simon – A pretty intriguing matchup between the two teams.
Malenko – On the March 22nd show, we saw the Dynasty not show up for a match, Joey Ryan was supposed to face Jay Lethal that show, but apparently, they went to Hawaii.

Masters – I would’ve too, who wouldn’t miss a chance to go there, I could care less about Jay frikkin’ Lethal.

DynastyvsMCMG.jpg

Six Man Tag
The Dynasty vs the Murder City Machine Guns

*Bell Rings*

Alex Shelley and Joey Ryan start this match up. There is no beginning lockup, with Joey Ryan immediately attacking Shelley. Joey punches and kicks Shelley, moving him to the Dynasty’s corner. Scott Lost gets tagged into the match, keeping Joey Ryan fresh. Lost continues the attack on Shelley, and he throws him against the ropes. Lost hits Alex with a nice leg lariat. Lost stands up now, and makes fun of the crowd. He starts to mock the Machine Gun symbol, and Chris Sabin gets into the ring and dropkicks Lost in the back, sending him kneeling with his head on a rope. Shelley is back up to his feet, and he runs against the ropes. He jumps up and drops both of his knees to the back of Scott Lost, causing pain. Scott Lost crawls around the ring holding his back. He tags in Scorpio Sky, and while that is happening, Alex Shelley tagged in Jay Lethal. Scorpio jumps and springboards into the ring and gets Lethal down with a crossbody. Sky tried to cover Lethal, but Jay rolled through for a pin. 1…2… Sky kicked out, and he looks very surprised. Both guys get to a vertical base, and they run against opposite pairs of ropes. Scorpio ducked a clothesline from Lethal, and he springboards towards Lethal. He tried to hit a buzzsaw, but Lethal dropkicked Sky in the chest as he was flying towards him.

Jay Lethal tags in Chris Sabin. Sabin comes into the ring with a head of steam, grabbing Scorpio and driving him over with a big wrist clutch suplex. Luckily, Sky landed near his corner, and the weak high flyer tags in Joey Ryan. Joey gets into the ring quickly, and Sabin uses his speed to dropkick the knee of Ryan. Sabin runs against the ropes, and then springboards towards Joey Ryan. He tried to hit an elbow drop, but Joey Ryan moved out of the way. Joey Ryan gets up and smashes his boot to the face of Sabin, and he proceeds with a cocky cover, standing on Sabin. 1…2… Chris Sabin kicked out, making Joey get a little frustrated. Joey Ryan kicks the face of Sabin again, and drags him to the Dynasty corner. Ryan gets a tag to Scott Lost, and the two are together in the ring, and are about to double team Sabin. They simultaneously whip Sabin against the ropes, and the two line up to hit a maneuver. Fortunately, Sabin leapfrogged Joey Ryan before he could get scooped. But as Sabin falls to his feet, Scott Lost kicks him in the balls. The ref was paying attention to Ryan the whole time, and didn’t see what just happened. Lost covers Chris Sabin, and Joey Ryan gets back to his corner. 1…2… Shelley breaks up the pin.

Simon – The Dynasty got so lucky that the ref didn’t see that.

Malenko – Chris Sabin has to be thanking Alex Shelley for breaking up that cover. If this was a singles match, Sabin would be done.

Scott Lost gets instructions from Larry Sweeney to finish him off. Lost jumps to the top rope and is thrown an umbrella from Larry Sweeney. Lost opens the umbrella and jumps off, looking for the Lost in Space elbow drop. Chris Sabin rolled out of the way, and Jay Lethal is tagged back in. Scott Lost tried to tag one of his partners back in, but Jay Lethal grabbed his leg, dragging him back into the ring. Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin get into the ring, and Lethal puts Lost in a Boston Crab. Shelley and Sabin run against opposite ropes and follow up with double baseball slides to the sides of Scott Lost’s head, squashing them like a balloon. Lethal flips over with a turning standing moonsault, and he rolls Lost over for a cover. 1…2… Joey Ryan got into the ring and broke up the 3 count. Scott Lost is still down, and Joey Ryan is told to get back to his corner by the ref. As this happens, Jay Lethal climbs to the top rope. He jumps off, trying to hit a diving headbutt. Scott Lost kipped up, kicking Lethal in the face in the process. A groggy Scott Lost dives towards his corner and tags in Scorpio Sky. Scorpio flies off the top rope, and hits Jay Lethal with a traditional hurricanrana.

Malenko – I’ve been really impressed with the ability of Scorpio Sky, if he could get his head straight he could be pretty good.

Simon – Everyone in this match has the potential to be great, it all depends on what decisions they make. That’s why they’re here in the first place.

Sky gets Lethal in a rana cover. 1…2… Lethal kicked out, and he rolled to his corner, holding his head. Alex Shelley tags in now, with Scorpio not knowing what’s going on. Shelley runs against the ropes, and Scorpio Sky does so too. Joey Ryan got a blind tag, and he gets in the ring, standing in his corner, anticipating the right moment to strike. Shelley strikes Sky with a big reverse elbow. Shelley does the Machine Gun sign, and he looks like he wants to hit something big. But Joey Ryan suddenly comes in and spears Shelley, ending his quick burst. Joey calls the other members of the Dynasty to come in, and they do, looking to end the match. The 2 other machine guns get into the ring too, and both sides start to brawl. The Machine Guns prevail, with stereo dropkicks on Scott Lost and Scorpio Sky. Joey Ryan is the only Dynasty member left standing, and he continues his assault on Alex Shelley. He picks Shelley up and goes to a corner, where he’s looking to set up a Moustache Ride. He’s able to get Shelley to the middle turnbuckle, but he’ quickly hung upside down by the recovered Shelley. Shelley gets off the middle rope, backing up then running towards the hanging Joey.

Shelley backs up and runs towards the rope hung Joey Ryan. He hits Joey in the face with a baseball slide. Jay Lethal is in the ring, and he follows an attack on Joey Ryan with an elbow drop to the face again. Chris Sabin is the last Machine Gun yet to hit a move, and he rushes towards Joey Ryan. He jumps up and hits Sabin with his Hesitation Dropkick. The Machine Guns stand in the middle of the ring, and get the crowd to stand on their feet. Joey Ryan falls out of his hanging position, and the 3 Machine Guns wait for him to get up. They finally pull Joey to his feet, and Sabin begins a sequence with a sole kick to the stomach of Joey Ryan. Jay Lethal picks the weak Joey Ryan up in a powerbomb position. Shelley jumps on the top rope, and he wants to hit a move on Joey. Suddenly, Scott Lost and Scorpio Sky get in the ring, and they break up the move about to happen. Scorpio and lost have the advantage now, and it looks like they’re going to hit simultaneous finishers. Sky has Sabin locked for the Final Answer, and Lost picks Lethal up for the Breaking Point. Sabin counters the move into a DDT, and Lost hits the Breaking Point. Lost covers, but Alex Shelley broke it up. Shelley tosses Lost across the ropes, and Sabin clotheslines Lost out of the ring. Sabin jumps out of the ring with a suicide dive. Joey Ryan is up and it looks like he’s going to hit a superkick on Shelley, but he ducks and knocks Ryan’s free leg out, and gets a rollup. Larry Sweeney tries to break up the pin, but Angel Williams pulled Sweeney off of the apron.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, and Jay Lethal, the Murder City Machineguns!

Simon – The Machineguns get the victory in a very high paced match.
Malenko – Larry Sweeney looks really angry about that loss, he went and got his team so prepared just to lose.
Masters – Maybe Sweeney can get some new talent, he is wrestling’s best agent. And there are some guys, even at this announce table, who would MASTER this promotion as a singles star.
Simon – Enough of that, we’re going to show you the lovely Leticia Cline, and she, as always, is backstage.

The camera shows the backstage area, and Leticia Cline is walking around backstage with a mic in hand.

Leticia - I’m here backstage, looking for the Human Tornado is.

She walks a few more steps, and she finally sees him. Human Tornado stops her, and he grabs the microphone out of Leticia’s hand, puts his arm on her shoulder, and begins to talk…

Human_Tornado3.jpg

Tornado – Leticia, Leticia, I know you’ve been looking for me the whole time, and that’s great. Because I know you want to feel the Tornado, you can even be one of my TornadHO’s.

Leticia – Ummm, OK. So later tonight, we’re going to see you take on Davey Richards, in a match many have been looking forward to. Do you have any strategies or ideas on what you’re going to do to him?

Tornado – Honestly, I really don’t think that generic wrestler #9,101 can beat me. Because if you didn’t know honey, my name speaks for itself. I am a Human Tornado, and I’ll run right over that guy. The No Remorse Corps, it sounds like a little emo band featuring Rocky Romero as a rip-off Daddy Yankee. You see, I have about 69 different ways to pin little Davey Richards, and about 699 different ways to pin you Leticia. And in the future, you will see me fly away with any PRIDE Title. The Vultures will be crowing, and I’ll be partying when I capture the gold.

The camera shows Human Tornado walking away with Leticia Cline by his side. The ring is now shown.

D’Angelis – The following match is a singles match, scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Charisma hits, and Davey Richards gets booed by the fans as he walks to the ring. He has an angry look in his face, and he yells at the fans.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, from Othello, Washington, standing 5 feet 9 inches, weighing in at 205 pounds, Davey Richards!

Pitch in On a Party plays, and the fans direct their attention to the entrance setup. The Human Tornado walks through the curtain, and he struts to the ring, taking in the fans’ cheer.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Hollywood, Alabama, weighing in at 177 pounds and standing 6 feet 3 inches tall, The Human Tornado!

Malenko – Let’s see if Davey Richards can wipe the smile off of The Human Tornado’s face right now, Richards doesn’t look so happy.

Simon – He never is in a good mood. With his stiff kicks and aggressive style, I think he really wants to prove a point.
Masters – I really can’t stand smaller guys, I’m not watching this match.

TornadovsRichards.jpg

Singles Match
The Human Tornado vs Davey Richards

*Bell Rings*

The Human Tornado and Davey Richards stand in opposite sides of the ring, and Davey Richards wants Tornado to come towards him and start the attack. The Human Tornado instead dances, and the fans get into it. Richards attacks Tornado while he’s dancing, knocking him to his back in the process. Richards stomps on his chest, and he backs up to hit a running move. Davey Richards charges, but Tornado rolled out of the way. Richards saved himself by not crashing into a rope. The Human Tornado is in the middle of the ring, and he waits for Richards to recover. Richards turns around, and he runs towards Tornado again. Before Richards could impact Tornado, the Human Tornado jumped and attempted a spin kick. Richards stops himself an inch away from the impact, and Tornado just spins around. Richards capitalizes with stiff round kicks to Tornado’s back, and he runs against a set of ropes. He attempts a big boot, but Tornado ducks the attempt, and hits Richards in the back with a dropkick. Richards is sent against the ropes, and Tornado kips up and runs against the near rope. Tornado goes for the Pimp Pounce, but Richards jumped up quickly and dropkicks Tornado right in the chest.

Malenko – I really don’t know who got the worst of that move, both Richards and Tornado were coming at each other so fast, it was like a car crash.

Simon – It was like a counter to a pounce by Richards, but Richards doesn’t look too good after that either.

Both men crashed, and are reeling, none getting a stronger impact on the last set of moves. After a few moments lying on the mat, both men slowly get to their feet. Tornado and Richards meet in the middle of the ring, and exchange kicks to the back of the leg. Richards wins the battle, kicking Tornado so hard, that he flipped over after the impact. Richards continues his attack by picking Tornado up to his feet. Richards has Tornado hooked for a German Suplex, and he’s brought over. Richards brings him down, and bridges into a pin. 1…2… Tornado kicked out. Richards gets to his feet with Tornado still locked, and attempts to throw him with a belly to belly suplex. Tornado counters with an arm drag to Richards as he was flying in the air. Tornado springboards against the ropes, and comes flying with a side kick to the face of Davey Richards. Richards falls to the corner in a seated position, and Tornado wants to hit some offense. He starts the House Party, dancing before hitting some kicks to Richards. He hits some more kicks, then backs up and dances again. The crowd chants along with Tornado, as he splits, kicking Richards in the groin in the process.

Tornado backs up and wants to hit Davey with a move. He runs towards him, and goes for a corner dropkick. Richards rolls out of the ring to avoid getting hit. A fan starts to yell at him, and Richards spits in the fan’s face. As Richards turns around, The Human Tornado goes flying out of the ring at him with a somersault senton. Richards catches him and throws him to the floor with a powerbomb. Richards pulls the limp Tornado onto his feet, and slams his head on the guardrail. Richards picks him up and drops him on his stomach onto the guardrail. Richards stands on the apron, and flies off, going towards Tornado. He dropkicks Tornado on the side of the head, thrusting him over the guardrail and into the crowd. Richards slides into the ring and lets the ref count Tornado out. 1…..2…..3…..4…..5….. Tornado is tossed back ringside by the fans, and he slowly gets up after the ref counts 7. Tornado slides back into the ring after a count of 8. Tornado leans against the ropes and Richards just unloads with knife edged chops to Tornado’s chest. Richards pulls Tornado to the middle of the ring and sets up the D.R. Driver. Before Richards could bring Tornado upwards, Tornado fell to his knees to avoid the move.

Malenko – That could be either great ring awareness, or just the fatigue wearing on The Human Tornado.

Simon – I think it was just him knowing where he was, he scouted out the DR Driver, and he saved himself there.

Richards brings Tornado to his feet, looking to bring him up for the D.R. Driver again. This time, Richards was able to get Tornado brought up. But before Richards could drive him down with the potential piledriver, Tornado uses his legs in a hurricanrana to escape, and bring Davey to the mat. Tornado is up on his feet, and he gets the fans to rally behind him. Richards gets up, and Tornado comes at him with a flying forearm. Tornado still mounts his offense with a spin kick to Richards. Tornado holds his hands up and yells martial arts style. The Human Tornado pulls Davey Richards in for the African Destroyer. Before Tornado could hit the piledriver, Davey fights out of it, sweeping Tornado’s legs, knocking him on his back. Richards quickly gets on Tornado, and he locks in the Kimura Lock. Tornado tries to reach a rope, but his arm is too far away, and Richards uses headscissors to block him. Tornado struggles to remain conscious, and Richards locks the hold in an awkward position, which really is hurting Tornado’s arm. The bending of Richards moves Tornado closer and closer to the ropes, and he finally reaches them, using his long legs to barely tap the bottom rope. Before the ref could even start to count for a break, Richards picks The Human Tornado all the way up in a military press. Richards yells for the Alarm Clock. Richards throws Tornado in the air, but Tornado somehow lands behind Richards, and on his feet. Richards is about to turn around, but The Human Tornado hooks the leg and he throws Tornado over with the D.N.D! The Human Tornado bridges it over for a cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, The Human Tornado!

Davey Richards looks shocked, and The Human Tornado celebrates his victory.

Malenko – The Human Tornado now showed how he can get things done.

Simon – It was a nice victory, Tornado did well against someone so hard hitting.
Malenko – He looked very impressive, but so did Davey Richards, who lost that match with such a surprise.
Simon – Richards is already very successful with Rocky Romero in tag competition, they probably will go for that from now on.

D’Angelis – The following match is a qualifying match for the 6 Man Ladder Match for the PRIDE International Title! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

A Victim, A Target hits and Roderick Strong walks through the curtain, yelling NRC, getting booed by the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – Making his way to the ring, from Tampa, Florida standing at 5 feet 10 inches and 218 pounds, this is Roderick Strong!

Danger, High Voltage hits and Brian Kendrick steps through the curtain, dancing and getting cheers from the fans.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Olympia, Washington, weighing in at 175 pounds, standing 5 feet 8 inches tall, Brian ‘Spanky’ Kendrick!

Malenko – On the March 22nd edition of PRIDE, we saw Roderick Strong defeat Paul London in the PRIDE Title Tournament. This week Strong faces London’s tag partner, Brian Kendrick.
Simon – Both of these guys look ready to compete in a ladder match. Kendrick can get it done with his hybrid style, and Strong with his raw power.
Masters – I really have no clue why PRIDE officials made a ladder match, it’s not really the wisest decision putting 6 little jumping beans and having them run around. It’s a recipe for some really funny things to happen.

StrongvsKendrick.jpg

Singles Match
Qualifying for Ladder Match

Roderick Strong vs Brian Kendrick

*Bell Rings*

Kendrick and Strong lock up immediately, and Strong gets the better of Kendrick by going behind and forcing him to the mat. Strong tries to go for a headlock to ground Spanky, but Kendrick gets out before Roddy could lock his hands in. Kendrick runs against the ropes and handstands off of Strong’s back, and then connects with a dropkick to his grounded opponent. Kendrick grabs the legs of Strong and rolls him over to his back, causing a pinfall attempt. 1… Strong kicked out, and rolls out of Kendrick’s reach. Strong runs against the ropes, and Kendrick drops down to avoid a move, and keep Roderick running. Kendrick gets up and he tries to take Strong over with an arm drag, and he does so, but Strong quickly recovers and brings Brian over with his own arm drag as he ran against the ropes. Strong is standing, and he runs across the ropes, followed by a knee strike to the seated Brian Kendrick. Strong continues his offensive attack by dropping a knee onto Brian’s chest, followed by a pinfall attempt. 1… Kendrick kicks out, and Strong backs away, giving his opponent an opportunity to recover. Kendrick gets back to a standing position and strong goes at him. He tries to connect with a running big boot, but Kendrick moved out of the way and tripped Strong, making his face hit the mat. Kendrick springboards against the middle rope and drops an elbow down to the back of Strong. Kendrick rolls back up to his feet and he walks to a turnbuckle and jumps up. Kendrick balances himself, but Strong suddenly gets up, and is running towards the turnbuckle he’s on. Right before Roderick knocked Kendrick off, Brian jumped off of the ropes and rolled to the mat, saving himself in the process. Strong comes crashing into the turnbuckle.

Malenko – A good way to prevent being knocked hard off the ropes by Brian Kendrick.

Simon – Roderick Strong really hit the turnbuckle hard, it looks like Brian’s going to go for a move to Strong.

Kendrick runs towards Strong who’s still leaning chest first on a buckle. Spanky connects with a dropsault to the back. Kendrick falls to his feet and tries to roll Strong up, but Roderick reversed with a small package. 1…2… Kendrick kicks out, and Strong uses the kickout to get up and grab Brian’s legs. Strong throws Kendrick off of the mat and into the air by his legs, and Strong drops to his back and lets Brian come crashing down on his knees. Kendrick falls to the mat off of Strong, and he gets up to attack Brian. Strong kicks several times at the back of Brian, and he picks him up by the waist. Strong attempts a back suplex backbreaker, but Kendrick countered with a bulldog. Kendrick jumps up no handed against the top rope and tries to connect with a springboard moonsault. Strong rolled out of the way, but Kendrick landed on his feet to avoid hitting the mat hard. Strong is up to his feet, and Kendrick charges at him. Strong avoids a forearm and grabs the head of his opponent, and snaps it and his back against his own, with a Randy Orton style backbreaker. Roderick Strong tries to hit a combo, hooking Kendrick in for a suplex. Strong brings him up, and he drives Kendrick onto his knee with a suplex backbreaker. Strong picks Kendrick back off of his knee a third time, but before he could do anything, Kendrick pushed Strong to get out of the third backbreaker. Strong looks angry, and he runs at Brian Kendrick, pushing him against the ropes. Strong starts to hit brutal knife edged chops, which echo throughout the gym.

Simon – Roderick Strong has some of the hardest chops on the PRIDE Roster.
Masters – Those can really get Kendrick out, I’m really hoping that Strong finishes him off right now.

Strong’s attack is stopped when the ref calls for a break. Strong listens to the ref and backs up at the count of 4. The ref stands in front of Kendrick to protect him from an unfair attack, but Strong comes right back at Kendrick. He still chops Kendrick, but Brian is starting to come back with some forearms. Strong staggers backwards after a last shot, and Kendrick rebounds off of a middle rope. Kendrick flies to Strong, and knocks him over with a crossbody block. Kendrick is on top, causing a cover. 1…2… Strong kicked out, and Brian gets off of him suddenly and goes to the top rope. Kendrick goes to a corner and scales the turnbuckles. He jumps off and goes for a frog splash, but Strong moves out of the way, and Kendrick tastes nothing but mat. Strong capitalizes by putting Brian Kendrick in a Strong Hold! But before Roderick could make Brian tap, Kendrick grabbed a rope to force a break. Strong looks frustrated, and he pulls Kendrick to the middle of the ring and locks in the Strong Hold again. This time, Kendrick rolled over to get out, and he gets up, trying to take Strong out. He grabs Strong by the head, and it looks like he’s going for the Sliced Bread #2! Kendrick is able to run against the turnbuckles, but as he comes down to finish the move, Strong pushed Kendrick backwards, and away. Strong barely survived that move, and Kendrick bounces against the ropes. Kendrick comes with a Tornado DDT, but Strong blocks it again. Strong now has control, and puts Kendrick in a quick half nelson, setting up for a Half Nelson Backbreaker. Kendrick counters with a jawbreaker, and he backs up. Brian Kendrick attempts a superkick, but Roderick Strong ducked it, and drove Kendrick down with a Half Nelson Backbreaker! Cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Roderick Strong!

Malenko – Roderick Strong survived a very competitive matchup with Brian Kendrick just now, but I really want to see how he could fare in a ladder match.

Simon – He really can ground someone that can fly, but he has to step up and take it to the air himself if he wants to be International Champion.

Masters – Strong doesn’t need to, have you seen his chops? Those could make your chest into raw meat if you don’t be careful.
Simon – Hold on now, it looks like something’s happening.

The lights flicker on and off, and the screams of a woman are now heard. The Age of the Fall walks through the curtain in street clothes. Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Harry Smith, and Lacey walk to the ring, getting major boos from the fans. A fan starts to yell at them, and Jimmy Jacobs goes into the crowd and starts to yell back. Jacobs then slaps the fan in the face, and he gets back to ringside. As he steps to the ring, he grabs a microphone from the timekeepers table. He and the other 3 members of his team stand in the middle of the ring, still getting booed by the fans. Jacobs begins to speak…

AOTF.jpg

Jacobs – Shut the hell up!

The fans boo louder, and Jimmy speaks through all the noise.

Jacobs – Last week---

He’s cut off by the fans, who are chanting “emo freaksâ€

Jacobs – Wow, you freaks really are showing your negligence. Last week, you saw us attack and annihilate Mick Foley, Ricky Steamboat, Mark Jindrak and Lance Hoyt. All 4 of those has-beens were rushed to the hospital after our brutal attack. Some people called it a crime, I call it a statement. A statement to show everyone what the AOTF is all about. To show everyone that shoving a needle up the ass or the swallow of a pill is not the way to achieve success. It was a way of conveying our message to people who haven’t understood who we are, presenting them the wrongs in professional wrestling today.

Tyler Black takes the microphone from Jacobs, and his voice is heard.

Black – You people think that we’re going to attack someone, right? You’re wrong, tonight, we’re here to say something. People probably go around and think we’re going to hurt people for no reason. But as Jimmy explained before, we want to show people the evil that has a chokehold on our society today. It is the evil that all of you have been a victim to, something that we’re trying to save you from. Whether it’s Mick Foley and his hypocrisy or the cookie cutter people we see in all aspects of life, that is our opposition.

Tyler Black hands the microphone to Lacey, and she begins to speak to the crowd, who start a “Lacey Swallows†chant.

Lacey – Last week, after these 3 men showed their message to the 4 victims, people had the nerve to come ‘clean house.’ They wanted to save their beloved commissioners from their demise. They put our backs against the wall, with us having nothing to do, we four couldn’t have fought them off. We were the victims this time, we were the victims of a real ambush. We were put in a situation that couldn’t be stopped, totally opposite to what we did to the PRIDE Officials.

The darkly dressed Lacey now gives the mic to Harry Smith.

Smith – This week, Steamboat, Foley, Jindrak and Test are not here. Jindrak and Test probably won’t ever be the same again, and my timetable says that it’ll be about a month before they even have a chance to return here. As for Foley and Steamboat, we didn’t even do half of what we planned to do. They could be here now, but they’re scared. They are living in fear, but they haven’t realized that the only thing they should be scared of is themselves. With the downward path they’re on, we’re just trying to numb the pain of their misery.

Jimmy Jacobs grabs the mic back from Harry Smith.

Jacobs – Just because we’re not here to fight doesn’t mean we can’t say something that will affect everyone. Mick Foley, Rick Steamboat, I know you’re watching right now, so let me tell you this. Next week, you two will be at PRIDE, no matter how beat up you claim you are. We’ll have a little 6 man match. You 2 will pick our opponents, we’re actually giving you an advantage. And hell, you can even pick the match type too, us three don’t give a damn what you do to handicap us. It really doesn’t matter, we still will bring the pain to Steamboat and Foley’s hired guns. Even though the Age of the Fall is a revolution, we are competitors too, competing for our cause and our beliefs. Next week, prepare to face a revolution that keeps on rolling.

Jacobs throws the microphone down to the floor, and the rest of the Fall leave through the crowd, with fans throwing drinks and other things at them.

-----------INTERMISSSION----------

D’Angelis – The following match is a qualifying match for the 6 Man Ladder Match for the PRIDE International Title! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Personal Jesus blasts through the speakers and Austin Aries busts through the curtain, with a very focused look on his face. He has a bottle of water, and spits some out, then pours more over his head. He gets mixed reactions from the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – First, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 207 pounds, Austin Aries!

La Grange hits and Kenny Dykstra makes his way to the ring, getting cheers from the fans.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, from Worcester, Massachusetts, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, weighing 225 pounds, Ken Dykstra!

Malenko – We already saw Roderick Strong qualify for the 6 man Ladder match, let’s see the second man who can get into the match.

Simon – Both of these guys have very high impact styles, but Dykstra has the advantage in size terms.
Masters – This will be a disaster.

Malenko – Austin Aries was on some kind of a hot streak, but he lost to CM Punk for his first loss in PRIDE.

DykstravsAries.jpg

Singles Match
Qualifying for Ladder Match

Ken Dykstra vs Austin Aries

*Bell Rings*

Aries and Dykstra lock up to start the match. Dykstra puts a quick hammerlock on Aries, but Austin quickly escapes, grabbing the arm of Dykstra. Aries tries to bring him to the mat with a deep arm drag, but Dykstra stays on the mat, blocking the move. Dykstra still is hooked onto Aries, but Ken now has control, and he takes Aries down with a deep Japanese arm takedown. Aries gets quickly back to his feet and Dykstra runs against the ropes. Aries drops down and Dykstra keeps running. Aries is up, and he leapfrogs Dykstra. Aries lands on his feet, and before Dykstra could attack him, Aries drops to his feet, tripping Ken into a monkey flip. Dykstra lands on his feet and Aries gets to his feet, and the two stare each other down, at a draw. They lock up again, and Aries uses his smaller stature to get behind Dykstra and bring him down with a waistlock takedown. Aries puts Dykstra in a headlock, wanting to make cobwebs to weaken Dykstra. Dykstra rolls out of the hold, and he gets to his feet. Aries follows, and Dykstra whips him to the ropes. Dykstra tries to go for a back body drop, but Aries stops himself and kicks the bent Dykstra in the face, knocking him to a full standing position.

Masters – Ouch.

Malenko – That was just a transition move, Aries is probably going to hit another big move right now.

Aries connects with a short arm lariat, bringing Dykstra to the mat. Aries covers. 1… Dykstra kicks out, but he holds his throat, sitting on the mat. Aries runs against the ropes, going for a dropkick, but Ken moved out of the way, and Aries crashes onto the mat back first. Dykstra capitalizes by dropping a leg onto Aries. He brings Aries to his feet, and elbows the top of his head. He hits a couple of forearms to Aries now, and he spins around for a discus clothesline. Aries ducked, and he runs against the ropes, and springboards off, hitting Aries with a springboard back elbow. Aries rolls back and up, and baseball slides the top of Dykstra’s head. Aries raises his arms up, and prepares the spinning elbow drop. He points left, then right, and spins and drops the elbow on to Dykstra. Aries goes to the corner, and waits for Dykstra to get up. A weak Dykstra finally gets up, and Aries runs at him. Aries runs at him for a huge lariat, but Dykstra ducks and Aries charges to the turnbuckle. Aries gets his boot up on the bottom turnbuckle to stop himself from crashing. Dykstra runs towards him and hits a body splash to the back of Dykstra in the corner. Dykstra grabs the head of Aries in an inverted facelock. Ken Dykstra drops Aries to the mat with a rope hung inverted DDT.

Dykstra is up on the second rope, and he drops both knees onto the chest of Aries. Dykstra goes for a cover. 1…2… Kick out at 2. Dykstra drags Aries back to the middle of the ring, and he brings him to his feet. Ken grabs the head of Aries and tries to go for a neckbreaker. Aries is aware of what Ken is about to do, and he elbows the back of Dykstra’s head to escape. Aries is still a little groggy, and he falls and leans on a rope. Dykstra runs towards him, going for a big move. Aries moves out of the way and pulls the top rope down, and Dykstra spills out of the ring. Aries regains his composure, and Dykstra is still limp on the floor. Aries finally looks ready to go, and at the same time, Dykstra starts to get up. Aries bounces against the far rope, and he runs and flies out of the ring through the middle and bottom ropes, like a Heat Seeking Missile. He hits Dykstra with the suicide dive, and both men collapse onto the floor. Both lie in pain for a couple of moments. Aries is the first one to get up, but he holds his head after hitting such a dangerous move. Aries pulls Dykstra up, and holds him for a suplex. Dykstra pushes Aries out of the way, and Aries’ back slams against the ring apron. Dykstra picks Aries up by the side, and holds him in the air for a couple of seconds. He drops him face first onto the ring apron, and Aries staggers. Dykstra follows up with some chops to Aries, and Austin backs up, holding his chest. Dykstra runs towards Aries. Austin moves out of the way and drop toe holds Dykstra, and his throat gets draped onto the guardrail. Ken remains there, and Aries uses the ring apron as a springboard. He drops a knee onto the back of the draped Dykstra.

Simon – That really could be it for Dykstra, that hurt his throat and his back.

Masters – Hopefully Dykstra’s done, I can’t stand his Muscle Militia crap.

Aries holds Dykstra up, and he is knocked out. Aries slides him back into the ring. Aries covers Ken Dykstra. 1…2… Dykstra regained his consciousness and kicked out barely. Aries stands on the ring apron, and slingshots into the ring. He spins, and goes for a body splash. Dykstra instinctively got his knees up to defend himself. Dykstra gets to his feet, but he holds his throat, still reeling after the move on the outside. Dykstra battles through, and he pulls Aries up for a suplex. Dykstra holds him there, letting all the blood rush to his head. Dykstra finally falls back and brings Aries down with the big suplex. Dykstra rolls over to cover his opponent. 1…2… Aries got a shoulder up, and without thinking, Dykstra gets up and runs to a corner. He bounces off the turnbuckle for momentum, and he runs towards Aries. He goes for a baseball slide, but Aries moved out of the way, and Dykstra slid onto the bottom turnbuckle. Aries calls for Dykstra get up, and Ken quickly does so. Aries hooks Dykstra in for a suplex setup. Aries yells for the brainbuster, but as he was doing that, Dykstra countered with a falling neckbreaker. Dykstra is up and he climbs to the top rope. He yells leg drop, but Aries got up quick. Instead, Dykstra flies off, going for a flying clothesline. Aries moves over, avoiding the move. He grabs the arm of the flying Dykstra and puts him in a Fujiwara armbar. Dykstra quickly grabbed the rope to avoid pain. Aries looks frustrated, and he wants Dykstra to get up. Ken gets up slowly, and Aries runs against the ropes and locks in a crucifix hold onto Aries. Austin tries to bring Kenny down with the crucifix bomb, but Dykstra just falls to his back with a Samoan Drop. Dykstra stands up, and he calls for the finish, heading to the corner. Aries grabs his leg to stop him from going up. Dykstra looks frustrated, and he pulls Aries up, and has him up for a spinning neckbreaker. Dykstra isn’t able to spin over and drop down, and Aries capitalizes by bringing Dykstra up. Aries drops Dykstra on his head with the Brainbuster! Aries ascends to the top rope, and he rolls his hands for the 450 Splash. He jumps off and he hits it! Cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Austin Aries!

Austin_Aries15.jpg

Austin Aries grabs a microphone and begins to speak.

Aries – Last week, you saw me beat Paul Burchill and Austin Aries. But also last week, I lost to Straight Edge CM Punk. I was eliminated from contention for the PRIDE Championship. It was one of the most disappointing losses of my life. But I’m not here to whine or complain about that past loss, I’m back with a vengeance. I’m back with Resilience, and yes, that was a reference to the best stable here in PRIDE. I’m here to become the PRIDE International Champion. It will be pretty easy, a ladder match is nothing for Mr. Generation Now. All I have to do is outlast 5 other men, and climb a ladder, and grab the title. It’s a concept so easy that Roderick Strong will be able to know what to do. It really doesn’t matter who will be in that match, they will all come very short to their chance at the title. After that ladder match, victory will be claimed, in the name of Aries!

Aries drops the microphone and walks to the back.

NewNation.jpg

I’m Comin’ hits, and the New Nation come to the ring. All 3 men are dressed in ring gear, and they get booed by the fans. They slide into the ring together and hold their arms up. MVP grabs a microphone and begins to speak.

MVP – Last week after the PRIDE Tournament, someone challenged me to a match. That person was Paul Burchill, and he said he wanted to get ‘revenge’ for what happened to him. Just because he lost, that means he was going to cry about it and challenge me of all people, not Austin Aries, who won. I’ll say to that is he’s just a little jealous. He’s jealous that I am the Franchise Player of Pro Wrestling PRIDE, and that the New Nation is the most athletically gifted trio in this place. His jealousy led me here today, when I could be somewhere else. The New Nation could probably be resting and relaxing, but we were forced to come here today. So Paul Burchill, get your British ass down here right now, I want to get this match done quick.

Immigrant Song hits and Paul Burchill comes to the ring, with a grin on his face. He slides into the ring and stands in a corner, waiting for what the New Nation says next.

Elijah Burke – And Paul, you’re not facing MVP tonight, you’re facing me.

Burchill looks shocked, but he stretches out on the ropes. The ref calls for the beginning of the match.

BurkevsBurchill.jpg

Singles Match
Elijah Burke vs Paul Burchill

*Bell Rings*

Burke and Burchill lock up. Burchill gets a quick headlock onto Elijah, and then he brings him down with a headlock takeover. Burchill has the headlock still locked on, keeping the pressure on Burke. Elijah pulls Paul’s hands apart, breaking the headlock. Both get up, and Burke stretches his neck. Paul Burchill and Elijah Burke lock up again. Burchill gets a quick hammerlock on Burke. Burke reverses the move into his own hammerlock, and he twists the arm out into a wristlock. Burchill handstand cartwheels out to regain control. Burchill has the pressure on Burke, but Burke says no to Burchill, and gets his leg behind Burchill’s. Burke grabs Burchill’s free arm and pushes him to the floor, pinning both of Burchill’s shoulders to the mat. 1… Burchill kicks out by getting one shoulder up. Burke pushes Burchill’s free shoulder to the mat again. 1… Burchill got a shoulder up and Burke repeats. 1… Burchill gets his knees up, flipping Burke over as he kicked out. Burchill is now on top and lets go of Burke’s knuckle lock. Burchill wants to keep Burke down, putting the man in a headlock. Burke blocks it by getting both of his arms up in front of his head. Burke rolls over and to his feet, to escape Burchill’s grasp. Burchill gets up and he wants to continue his short attack on Elijah Burke.

Elijah Burke holds his hands up, wanting to strike. Burke comes at Burchill with a quick two punches, knocking Burchill backwards. Burke starts to unload with punches to Burchill, but Burchill covers up. The ref tells Burke to back up for Burchill to recover, because he’s leaning on the ropes. Burke backs up, and Burchill stands by himself now, without the rope’s aid. Paul Burchill comes back to the middle of the ring, and he punches Burke right in the jaw. Burke hits a brutal uppercut to Burke, but Elijah comes back with a punch right to the nose of Paul Burchill. Burchill man’s it up and comes back with a left jab, followed by a right hook. Burchill then hits a European uppercut to Burke, and wants to follow with a big right hook. Burke ducks the right hook attempt, and he starts to go crazy with lightning quick punches. Burke knocks him in the face with lefts and rights, and Burchill is on spaghetti legs. Burke pushes him to the ropes and continues his boxing style attack. Burchill is legitimately knocked out, and Burke just wants to create more damage. Burchill’s hands fall from in front of his face to his side. Burke then punches Burchill with a huge right hand onto his nose, making blood leak from his nose.

Masters – That striking contest was the most times I’ve said ouch in 4 minutes.

Malenko – I was surprised seeing Paul Burchill go strike for strike with former boxer Elijah Burke. But Burchill eventually got knocked down, what we just saw.

Elijah Burke backs away from Paul Burchill, and he falls straight on his face, limp. Burke doesn’t want to cover, he wants to create more carnage. Burke rests in a corner, wiping Burchill’s blood off of his hand tape. Burke stomps the face of Burchill, causing more damage to his face. Burke backs into the ropes, and jumps up on top of Burchill. He falls on top of Burchill, dropping his knee onto his face. Burke gets up and taunts the crowd, and he gets major boos. He then proceeds to pin Burchill by putting his foot on his chest. 1…2… Burchill is conscious and barely kicks out. Burke uses the kickout to jump up and drop his fist onto the face of Burchill. Burke gets up and pulls Burchill up to his feet. Burke goes behind Burchill and goes for a back suplex. Burchill punches the face of Burke to escape, and he rolls over for a small package on Burke. 1…2… Kick out by Elijah Burke, who looks surprised. Burchill gets up, with blood still dripping down his nose. Burchill runs against the ropes and drops his elbow onto Burke. Burchill tries to lock in a submission, but Burke counters it into a crossface.

Burke has his hands locked right over the nose of Paul Burchill, and blood is just raining down out of Burchill’s nose. Burchill gets to his knees to loosen Burke’s hands. Burchill elbows the midsection of his opponent, and follows up by grabbing Burke’s head. Burchill pulls the hair of Burke and throws him over his head. Burke quickly gets back to his feet, yelling at Burchill for pulling at his hair. Burchill runs against the ropes and dropkicks Burke with force, sending him across the ropes. Burchill grabs him as he’s running, and sends him in a different direction with a powerslam. Burchill gets up and hits a standing moonsault on Burke, and he covers. 1…2… Burke got a shoulder up, and Burchill grabs that arm, and picks him up with it. Burchill has Elijah up in a front powerslam position, but Burke grabs Burchill’s head and is about to drive him down with a DDT. Burchill spotted out the move and threw Burke over his shoulders. Burchill takes a few short breaths, and he climbs to the top rope. He jumps off and goes for a frog splash, but Burke kicked both knees up, which hit the face of Burchill.

Simon – That could’ve knocked out Burchill, both knees just crashed right into his face.

Malenko – He was already out like a light after Burke’s strikes earlier, he’s already really weak.

Burchill falls to the corner, and he’s lying right under the turnbuckle. Burke tries to capitalize, and he runs to the corner. Burke jumps up and hangs upside down above the turnbuckle, and then drops his elbow onto Burchill’s chest. Burke gets up and backs away. Burke runs against the ropes, and baseball slides Burchill, and he hits his back against the ringpost. Burke pulls Burchill to the middle of the ring and covers. 1…2… Burchill kicked out. Burke pulls Burchill up, and he yells for the Elijah Experience. Burchill gets out of Elijah’s grasp, and brings Elijah up for a suplex. Elijah counters into an attempted spinning neckbreaker, but Paul spins it back into a suplex attempt. They separate from each other, and both run across the ropes. Burchill goes for a shoulder block, and Burke goes for high double knees. Burke’s attack wins, and Burchill gets knocked all the way back to a corner, leaning against the turnbuckle. Burke gets to his feet, and he runs at the cornered Burchill. Elijah Burke jumps and lands on Burchill with a corner Stinger Splash. Burke stays on Burchill and grabs him by the waist. He powers Burchill overhead with a belly to belly suplex. Burchill is now seated, and Burchill pulls himself up to the second turnbuckle. Burke jumps off and goes for a flying dropkick, but Burchill heard Burke coming, and he moved out of the way.

Masters – Burchill might be a stupid Brit, but at least he knew how to move out of the way.

Simon – Burke really hit hard on the mat, Paul Burchill should be attacking him quick.

Paul Burchill recuperates quickly, and holds Burke, who just got up, holding his back. Burchill hooks him in, and drives him over with a Northern Lights Suplex. Burchill bridges over and brings himself and Burke to his feet. Burchill throws Burke into the air, and tries to drop Burke down with a spinebuster. Burke lands on the shoulders of Burchill, and Burke punches the top of his head. Burke rolls out of the powerbomb position, and falls to Burchill’s back, causing a sunset flip. Burchill rolled backwards to avoid getting pinned. Both men get up at the same time. Burke falls to the ropes, trying to recover from the pain. Burchill runs at Burke, and Elijah moved out of the way, and Burchill goes flying out of the ring. Burke stays in the ring and starts talking to the ref, distracting him. Shelton Benjamin and MVP attack Paul Burchill, while the ref is distracted. They slide Burchill back into the ring, and Elijah stops talking to the ref. Elijah Burke stomps the face of the bloody Burchill, and sets him up chest first onto the turnbuckle. Elijah Burke pulls his knee pads down, and yells for the Elijah Experience. He runs towards the cornered Burchill, and he hits it! Elijah Burke drags Burchill to the ring and covers…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Elijah Burke!

Simon – Another typical win by a member of the New Nation, cheating to win.
Malenko – Burchill was already weakened by the time he was ambushed. His nose was bleeding for more than 10 minutes, Elijah was just playing with him.
Masters – Paul Burchill has yet to secure a victory here in PRIDE, just letting people know.

The camera now shows the locker room, where Larry Sweeney is yelling at the members of his Dynasty. Sweeney turns around and starts to speak.

Larry_Sweeney4.jpg

Sweeney – Another week, another loss for the Dynasty. Another wasted opportunity, for me to drag my ass and rest a week in Hawaii to get these guys refocused. Yeah, we won a match on the first show, but that’s not enough. It’s like women, the more you have, the happier you are. But one is never, ever going to cut it. Joey Ryan lost against Kevin Steen, and tonight, all 3 men lost to the Murder City Machineguns of all people. Joey Ryan, tell me why you lost, tell me right now.

Ryan – I don’t know boss, I just wasn’t on my game.

Sweeney – You weren’t on your game? Is that the new lingo for you just plain suck? Scott Lost, please save your friend by saying something good.

Lost - Larry, those freaks were just moving too fast, I couldn’t really keep up.

Sweeney –
How could they move faster than you? I’m trying to do all the best for you guys, going to the best trainers, getting first class flights, going from show to show by limousine, but you give me nothing. Scorpio Sky, I don’t even want to hear what you have to say right now, what you’re going to say is probably worse than what those other two freaks just said. You know, the reason I brought the three of you here was to make a profit from my agency, but so far, you’ve been one of the worst investments I ever made. I could sell you three to someone else anytime I want, and I’m not afraid to do that. Actually, I might have to after watching the crap I saw in your match. I’m giving you one last chance to save yourselves. Someone told me that there’s going to be a triple threat match for the lightweight title, and qualifying begins next week. Scorpio Sky, the fate of your team lies on your shoulders, if you don’t win next week, you never, ever will be in PRIDE again, I’ll get newer, better faces of Sweet and Sour Incorporated. And if you don’t think I’m serious boys, I’ll be shipping you back to California via UPS if you guys lose.

The camera shows the entrance ramp, and Mama Said Knock You Out plays through the arena to mixed boos and cheers. Samoa Joe steps through the curtain in jeans and a t-shirt. He gets into the ring and poses on the ropes. He grabs a microphone and begins to speak.

Samoa_Joe7.jpg

Joe – Last week, April 5th, was a momentous day for me. On that day, I beat Kevin Steen and Alex Shelley, cleanly, without cheating or without interference. Those two matches led me to the finals of the PRIDE Championship tournament, where I was faced against my friend and foe, CM Punk. Well, all I can say about that match was that for 30 minutes, we took each other to our limits, and past them. We were already fatigued from earlier in the night, but both of us did not quit. That’s just me, because I never, ever quit or back down, especially for a title. I knew that if we had 5 more minutes, I would’ve come out victorious. I KNEW that if I wasn’t in such grueling matches earlier, I could’ve reached out with a victory. But I’m not complaining, because I will get that title.

Joe pauses, and he leans forward on a rope.

Joe – That match got me thinking for the past week. No, I wasn’t thinking about some match with a washed up druggie like Kurt Angle, my mind was set on a rematch with CM Punk. Because we all know that a little 30 minute draw and a handshake won’t settle the score, I still want to get back at little Punker. He had me set for the Pepsi Plunge, but I could have easily escaped. Then I could’ve locked in the Choke or hit the Muscle Buster. It’s as simple as that, I was going to be the winner.

Miseria Cantare plays right after Joe finished that sentence. CM Punk walks through the curtain in street clothes, with a grin on his face and the microphone in his hand. He walks to the ring, and grabs a microphone from the timekeeper’s table. He still stands ringside and begins to speak.

CM_Punk17.jpg

Punk – You thought you were going to be the winner, Joe? You thought wrong buddy, you were knocked out, and if that damn bell didn’t ring, I would’ve hit the move, pinned you and become the first PRIDE Champion. Believe it or not Joe, you were done.

Joe – You’re saying I was done, Punk? Actually, I could’ve pinned you so many times earlier, but I wanted to make it that I would never have to face you again but I kept on going.

Punk – Oh really, then how come I was the one who had control for half of the match? It really was me that could’ve gone away with the win.

Joe – I really love what wrestling with the likes of John Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton did to your ego. It’s actually really funny, seeing you make up such crap, it has to be the mark of wrestling, wait, entertaining with Vince McMahon.

Punk – And your optimism shows that you’re part of Total Nonstop Assholes, you’re assuring yourself that you were going to win, but in reality, you were on the losing end.

Joe – Another funny statement by CM Punk. Punker, come on, keep on firing away with your silly perspectives and nonsense. Come on, keep talking boy.

Punk – No, let’s let our wrestling do the talking. Right here, right now, let’s go. I don’t care if we’re both in street clothes, we’ll make it a street fight. What do you say to that, Samoan Submission Machine?

CM Punk slides into the ring, waiting for Joe’s reply.

Joe – Are you on crack? There’s no way I’ll wrestle you right now, the fans don’t deserve to see that right now. They told me this is an off night for me, there’s no way that I’ll be putting my body on the line for something that we have lots of time for.

Punk – Fine, have it your way Joe, you still will be getting pinned by me when that rematch comes. Wait, you know what, I have a perfect day for our rematch to happen. It will be on May 17th, the Manhattan Center, you and me one on one for the PRIDE Championship? What do you have to say to that big boy?

Joe – You’ve got it, but be ready to die Punk, because Joe IS going to kill you.

Both drop their microphones, and stand face to face. The fans are on their feet as the PRIDE logo flashes across the screen. A highlight video plays, and after that, the credits roll.

Reaction score
Best Match: Aries vs Dykstra and Strong vs Kendrick - I loved both matches cause they were all back and forth, Without me knowing who would win in the end. Very enjoyable read.

Worst Match: N/A - Loved all the matches.

Best Promo: Joe and Punk - Really was a heated discussion between the two and I love how they talked about their past promotions and how Punk's style changed when he joined the E. The AOTF promo was a very close second.

Worst Promo: Non.

Additional: Like I said before this truly is one of my favorite btbs. I love how its written and how the storylines are going. Having Aries as a heel with the whole "Mr.Generation Now" gimmick was a nice way to freshen him up. AOTF look unstoppable and the Punk vs Joe feud is just awesome. Keep it up dude :)

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: I'll go with the Burke/Burchill match, well all of the matches were pretty good.

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: Samoa Joe/ CM Punk, it's a good one on one confrontation.

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: What a great show, I am getting into the Punk/Joe fued and the Age of the Fall as well. I thought they are going for the title but not.

John

Best Match: Burke Vs. Burchill
Worst Match: None really. they all were great.
Best Promo: Samoa Joe and CM Punk
Worst Promo: None really

Additional: great show as always. loved it this week. 8/10 in score. i'll be watching next week.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Best Match: Elijah Burke vs Paul Burchill
Worst Match: Has to be none as i cannot be critical as they are all great.
Best Promo: Joe and Punk. The two were in character and had a good argument without any bad lines or any mistakes.

Worst Promo: Sweeny and Ryan, I didn't think it was bad it just wasn't as good as the others. Its opinioun thought isn't it?

Additional: It is a really good BTB, it is one of the few times i have read it and it is truly amazing. Good storylines, good matches and good promos.

Cheap Plug: Check out Smackdown in Mine and Tss's BTB.

The Rated R CMStar

BM: Burke vs Burchill, it was great altough I would have prefered Burchill to win and then defeat Benjamin, setting him in a match against MVP, that will prob end up being the case still, so anyways I am good.

WM: None

BP: Normally I would say AOTF one, but this time it was outdone by Punk/Joe.

WP: None

AC: Excellent show, now it has come all the way that I expect to see what happens next show, soecially looking forward to Punk and the AOFT. Keek up the good work. Check out BTW, Krakatoa preview is up

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
PRIDE Preview for 4/19/08 & More!

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
The Preview
April 19, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

-This Saturday, Pro Wrestling PRIDE comes to you from Philadelphia, a famous city in professional wrestling history. Matches will include...

Pick your Partner Tag match (CM Punk vs Samoa Joe)

-Last week, CM Punk and Samoa Joe agreed to have a rematch for the PRIDE Title on May 17th. This week, both men have to make a big decision. They will pick tag team partners to face in a match. CM Punk will choose his own partner, and so will Samoa Joe. This could be a nice preview to their future singles matchup, we'll see how they fare against each other in a tag match.

Cody Rhodes vs MVP
-At last week's show, MVP was forced to action by Paul Burchill for a match. Instead of wrestling MVP, Burchill had to face Elijah Burke in a total surprise. Burchill eventually lost that match, due to interference from MVP. This week, Cody Rhodes, Burchill's partner in the Untamed, takes on PRIDE's Franchise Player. Will MVP step up to the plate and actually wrestle this week?

-The next two matches will be for entrance into the 6 Man Ladder War for the PRIDE International Title, which will be contested on May 17th in Manhattan.

Jack Evans vs Elijah Burke

-Both Evans and Burke have been trying to break out, and winning the International Title would be one of them. Elijah Burke had some strong words for Evans, he said "Jack Evans is a fake, he wants to be like the New Nation, he wants to be black, but he just can't." The highflier Evans will be given another opportunity at a title, he was eliminated by Jimmy Rave in the PRIDE Title Tourney. Can these men show what it takes to survive a ladder war?

Lance Hoyt vs Jimmy Rave
-This is another Ladder War qualifier. No, this is not TNA, there is no Rock and Rave Infection. These two have very different paths to this match, with Jimmy Rave being pampered by Prince Nana and his Embassy. Lance Hoyt fought his way to PRIDE, and is only wrestling his first match in PRIDE. Will riches or pure power prevail?

-PRIDE also announced that the Lightweight Champion will be crowned on May 17th, in a Triangle Match. Qualifying begins this week, and this match has been announced.

Scorpio Sky vs El Generico

-Last week, Scorpio Sky and his Dynasty members lost to the Murder City Machine Guns. Leader and agent of the Dynasty, Larry Sweeney was angry, and gave the 3 men a choice. Win, or get sold out of PRIDE. The Generic Luchadore El Generico wants to become the lightweight champion, and he wants to show the world his style. Will Scorpio Sky save his Dynasty members?

-Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat will also be at the shows, what will they have to say about the Age of the Fall's ambush 2 weeks ago?

Pro Wrestling PRIDE announces special television show!

-Pro Wrestling PRIDE has just announced that it will be appearing on a 3 Hour Television Special, Live. The show, called PRIDE Uprising will be on MTV. The show will take place on May 17th, the Manhattan Center Show. It will only be a once-monthly type of deal, with PRIDE appearing monthly on MTV, to show the world what they can do.

Be sure to check out Pro Wrestling PRIDE this Saturday!

===============
OOC - The once monthly TV Show is the equivalent to a PPV.​