Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

BM: CM Punk vs Jimmy Jacobs
WM: n/a
BP: The Age of Fall
WP: n/a
AF: Nice show, and with the double count out, it looks like MVP will go straight through to the semi final of the tourney. Look forward to next show

The Rated R CMStar

BM: CM Punkvs Jacobs, great hype throught the show and by the time the match arrived I wanted to see Punk beat the hell out of Jacobs.

WM: None

BP: I liked both Punk's and the Age of Fall ones. Hell, you made such a good work with the Age of Fall that now I want to use them on BTW and see how I can use them :shifty:, now really, it was great, only thing is I am not sure about the naming of the WWE during it.

WP: None

AC: Excellent show, the main event was made seen like a big deal. Punk/Age of Fall thing seems to be far from over and I liked the little things during the show, like Masters during commentary. "I hate little people", ROFL.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: Punk vs. Jacobs

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: Both Punk and the Age of the Fall one, that made the main event more interesting.

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: Great show man! I do really liked how things are going, maybe we might see Steamboat and Foley teaming up to face The Age of the Fall in the future. I am looking forward to your next show.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
PRIDE Preview for 4/5/08

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
Preview for 4/5/08
The PRIDE Championship Tournament

-After a break during Wrestlemania week, the PRIDE Wrestlers go to Florida and present the most important show of the promotion's young history. We will crown the first ever PRIDE Champion in an 8 man tournament.

Tpurney4copy.jpg

Samoa Joe vs Kevin Steen
-Two very mobile big men will wrestle for a chance to make it to the Final Four. Both Steen and Joe have been at the top of their games lately, what will prevail in two similar men? Will it be Speed, Power or Technical Ability?

Jimmy Rave vs Alex Shelley
-A few years ago in ROH, Jimmy Rave and Alex Shelley both were crown jewels of Prince Nana's Embassy. Right now, Prince Nana is back with a New Embassy, but Rave is still the centerpiece of it. Alex Shelley is now a machine gun, and he wants to assassinate the 'royal' Prince's best man. Will Prince Nana's money help Jimmy Rave to the PRIDE Title, or will Alex Shelley show that he's the best out of the Embassy?

CM Punk vs Roderick Strong
-Last show, CM Punk got an emotional victory over his former friend, Jimmy Jacobs. This week, Punk takes on Roderick Strong, another former friend. Will Roderick Strong show No Remorse, or will the Straight Edge Superstar get closer to his main prize, the PRIDE Title?

MVP vs Paul Burchill vs Austin Aries
-On the last PRIDE show, MVP got a cheap win over a special appearance by Low Ki, with his New Nation members DQ'ing the warrior. Also on that show, Paul Burchill and Austin Aries had a very competitive match, where no winner emerged, and the match being a double count out. Commissioners Foley and Steamboat gave both Burchill and Aries another chance, setting up a 3 way match. Can Paul Burchill or Austin Aries use MVP as an advantage in the 3 Way, or will MVP just school the two?

-After those matches, the following will happen with the winners...

Semifinals
Winner of Steen vs Joe takes on Winner of Shelley vs Rave

Winner of Punk vs Strong takes on Winner of Aries vs Burchill vs MVP

Finals
Bracket A Winner vs Bracket B Winner

-After the last show, Commissioner Ricky Steamboat was attacked by the Age of the Fall. So this week, Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat banned them from the locker room. What will the Co-Commissioners have to say about the 4 Revolutionaries?

Check out the PRIDE Website for News and Info you will not find here such as Finance and fan numbers. Pro Wrestling PRIDE will be back this Saturday with a show that should not be missed!

Reaction score
Samoa Joe vs Kevin Steen

I like where things are going man, Nice solid card. Should be a great show and I'll be reading.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Nice card man, I'm pulling for Shelley or Joe, but it should be good.

Check out SCW

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
^^Sorry for that, the post quick reply button was messed up and accidentally posted twice with an edit, sorry again.

xtremebadass

Pretty solid show coming up, here's the predictions...

Samoa Joe vs Kevin Steen

Once again, I will drop by for this, looks interesting, keep up with the good stuff

Qwake

this matches look great

Samoa Joe vs Kevin Steen

I think that mvp will win but I want Burchill and Aries lol

I can't wait

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Well, Here's my predictions:

Samoa Joe vs Kevin Steen

xImpulsive

Reaction score
My Predictions:

Samoa Joe
vs Kevin Steen

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE - 4/5/08 - Part 1

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
4/5/08
Orlando Downtown Recreation Center

Orlando, Florida

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE Logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints,
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers,
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the T.V.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!

The PRIDE logo flashes again and the fans in the seats are shown. Crash hits and Mick Foley walks to the ring, getting a big ovation. He grabs a mic and begins to speak…

Mick_Foley6.jpg

Foley – Last show, I missed a big show, but tonight, I’m lucky to be in this beautiful state of Florida! And you fans are lucky to be here too, because you will witness history. Tonight, the first PRIDE Champion will be crowned, and that will be a sight to see. All I have to say is keep your cameras out, tell your friends about Pro Wrestling PRIDE, because this is only the beginning. And now, let me introduce to you a good friend of mine, Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat.

Sirius hits and Ricky Steamboat walks to the ring. He grabs his own microphone and speaks…

Ricky_Steamboat2.jpg

Steamboat – You’re right when you say this will be a historic night Mick, but something’s been really bothering me and I need to address it to you before something happens again. Last week after the show, I was attacked by 3 men. Those three men were the Age of the Fall, those men were after me. They accused me of lots of different things, and the only encounter I had with them was at the first show, when both of us were jumped by them. Last week I was lucky, the whole roster was able to restrain them, and I only escaped with a few bruises.

Foley – I know, I heard about your experience. But this week, I took action to prevent them from attacking us again. Because this week, when Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Harry Smith and Lacey arrived at the building earlier today, I told them something. I told them that they were banned from tonight’s show. Banned so they wouldn’t ruin an amazing show. So they wouldn’t attack me or you. That’s the best I could do to protect the whole roster. So fans, enjoy the show, and get ready for an amazing night of wrestling.

Foley and Steamboat walk to the back together, exchanging laughs. Steven D’Angelis steps into the ring and announces the next match.

Tpurney4copy.jpg

D’Angelis – The following match is a quarterfinal match in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship tournament. It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

House of the Rising Sun hits and Jimmy Rave walks to the ring with Prince Nana. People throw toilet paper at the two, and D’Angelis calls out their names.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, with Prince Nana, standing in at 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighing 210 pounds, from Ghana, West Africa by way of Atlanta, Georgia, he is Jimmy Rave!

Six Barrel Shotgun plays through the speakers and Alex Shelley makes his way through the curtain, with a smile on his face as the fans cheer.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Detroit, Michigan standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 215 pounds, Alex Shelley!

Simon – Here we go, the first match of tonight’s show, Jimmy Rave will take on Alex Shelley right now.
Malenko – It’s two members of the original Embassy going at it, and with Prince Nana being on the side of Rave. He could be the X Factor in this match.

RavevsShelley.jpg

PRIDE Title Tournament
Second Round

*Bell Rings*

Rave and Shelley go nose to nose to begin the match. Rave pushes Shelley backwards and the two circle each other and Shelley tries to get the fans behind him. Jimmy Rave runs towards a distracted Shelley and dives at the left knee of Shelley. Alex falls to the mat and Jimmy Rave starts to exploit the knee he just attacked. Jimmy stomps at the knee of Shelley, and grabs his leg and twists it around. Shelley uses his free leg and kicks the hand of Rave away, but he still struggles to get up. Rave goes towards Shelley again and lunges at the leg once more, but Alex Shelley rolled through to escape a nasty predicament. Shelley and Rave both run into each other now, and Rave goes for a clothesline. Shelley ducks and kicks him in the stomach with some force. Shelley runs against the ropes and attempts a bulldog, and he drives Rave’s face straight to the mat. Cover. 1…2…Rave kicked out. Shelley runs against the ropes now and springboards off of the middle rope, and he tries to sandwich Rave with a Lionsault. Jimmy rolled out of the way right in the nick of time, and Shelley’s chest and stomach hit hard on the canvas.

Jimmy Rave gets to his feet and mocks the Motor City signal of Alex Shelley, who is still lying face down on the mat. Rave walks his way and starts to stomp on him mercilessly. Prince Nana yells some encouragement into him, and Shelley is brought to his feet. Rave elbows the back of Shelley’s head hard, and Rave pulls his knee pad down now. Jimmy runs against the ropes and goes for a running knee, and he hits Shelley in the face with it. Nana yells to hurt his leg, and Jimmy listens and obeys his word. Rave stomps at the weak knee like he did in the beginning of the match, and he pulls it upwards and then slams it to the mat. Jimmy now grabs the leg of Shelley and puts it in the Heel Hook, and he wants to end the match. Rave twists the ankle and applies more pressure by elbowing the knee of his former Embassy friend. Shelley reaches the bottom rope, and the ref forces a break. 1…2…3…4… Rave finally lets go. Rave tries stomping at the face of Shelley again, but Shelley rolls him up with a small package. 1…2… Shelley almost got the quick victory. Shelley now goes on the offensive, and drops his knee onto the face of Rave. He waits for Jimmy to get up and Shelley hits a superkick right on the jaw of Rave. Shelley grabs the head of Rave and he calls for the Sliced Bread #2. Rave pushes Alex chest first into the turnbuckle to escape the move.

Masters – What a ridiculous name, the Sliced Bread #2.

Simon – It’s the greatest thing since sliced bread, that’s what he says.
Masters – Actually, that’s what Brian Kendrick said, because Alex is ripping him off.
Malenko – Kind of like how you stole the Full Nelson form every other generic wrestler ever?

Rave grabs Shelley in a waistlock and he tries to bring Shelley overhead with a back suplex. Shelley blocks the attempt and attempts a suplex on Rave. Shelley brings Rave up in the air, and Rave escapes and he lands on his feet on the apron. Shelley jumps up and nails Rave on the side of the head with an enziguiri, but Rave still holds on a rope to stay on the apron. Shelley runs against the ropes and he tries to knock Rave off with a spear, but Rave moves out of the way and Shelley goes flying through the ropes and lands hard on the outside, missing his target and somewhere safe to land. Jimmy Rave gets back in the ring now, and he talks to the referee, distracting him. While this is happening, Prince Nana starts to attack Shelley, kicking at him and stomping at his face. Nana tries to stomp at Shelley’s balls, but Alex rolls out of the way and he gets up. Nana tries to chase Shelley, and the two run around the ring. Shelley stops and kicks Nana straight in the stomach, and he holds his head and sets up a move. Shelley runs against the ring post and he drives Nana on the hard floor with a Super Sliced Bread #2!

Shelley gets up and slides in the ring, and Jimmy Rave is totally unaware of what just happened. Rave turns around and he gets hit with an Alex Shelley dropkick. Rave is on his knees and Shelley runs against the ropes. Alex hits a nice looking Shining Wizard on Rave, and Shelley wants to go for the kill. He calls out for the Border City Stretch, and he locks Rave in the painful submission. Rave grabs a rope and Shelley lets go of the hold. Shelley pulls Rave to his feet and Shelley calls for the Shellshock. Rave escapes and he runs against the ropes. Shelley catches him and he tries to hit him with a Fisherman’s Suplex, but Rave gets out of it again, and Shelley runs against the ropes now. Rave kicks the running Shelley in the stomach and he grabs him for the Greetings from Ghana. Rave hooks the arms, but Shelley sweeps the legs of Rave out from under him. Shelley bridges over for a jackknife pin on Rave. 1…2… Rave kicks out, and he uses the kickout to roll Shelley over for the Heel Hook. Shelley counters with a kick to Rave’s chest, and both men are on their feet. Rave runs and goes for a Tornado DDT, but Shelley reverses and he hits the Shellshock! Cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Alex Shelley!

Simon – Alex Shelley is one step closer to the PRIDE Championship, but he still has another match to wrestle in tonight to get to the finals.

Masters – Prince Nana should’ve helped more, Jimmy Rave could’ve gotten the victory with his help.
Malenko – He’ll have to face the winner of Kevin Steen and Samoa Joe, a big matchup. But now, we’re going to send it backstage.

MVP10.jpg

MVP is walking backstage in his ring gear. He stops and he sees Commissioner Mick Foley. MVP starts a conversation now with him.

MVP – Hey Foley, why the hell am I in a match with Paul Burchill and Austin Aries tonight? You know that both didn’t win their match last show, are you just booking that match to get to me? Are you after me because you know that I’m the Future Champ, that I’m better than everyone else here?

Foley – No MVP, the reason me and Ricky Steamboat chose a triple threat was because both men showed the makings of a Champion. Unlike you, there were no dirty tactics, no little interference from your friends. And you say you could beat anyone, so you can prove that. I’m not being a jerk, I’m giving a fair chance for everyone my friend. All I can say to you is good luck, even though you might not need it.

MVP – Asshole.

The camera now shows the middle of the ring, where Steven D’Angelis is announcing the next match.

D’Angelis – The following contest is a second round matchup in the PRIDE Championship Tournament. It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

A Victim, A Target hits and Roderick Strong walks through the curtain, getting booed by the fans.

D’Angelis – Making his way to the ring, from Tampa, Florida standing at 5 feet 10 inches and 218 pounds, this is Roderick Strong!

Miseria Cantare plays and CM Punk walks through the curtain, with a focused look on his face. He gets lots of cheers from the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 219 pounds, standing 6 feet 1 inch tall, CM Punk!

Malenko – This will be a very tough match to predict, both men looked very strong in their first round matches.
Masters – It has to go to Roderick Strong, if you have Strong in your last name, you have to win. It’s like having Masters in your name, it’s admitting you’re sexy.
Simon – Here we go, this should be an interesting matchup.

StrongvsPunk.jpg

PRIDE Championship Tournament
Second Round
Roderick Strong vs CM Punk

*Bell Rings*

Strong and Punk start the match up with a collar and elbow tie up. Strong proves to be the stronger one, and he pushes Punk to the corner. The ref forces Strong to back up. Punk gets to the middle of the ring and they lock up again. Strong pushes Punk again, but this time to the middle of the ropes. Strong chops Punk hard in the chest a few times. Strong grabs the arm of Punk and whips him against the ropes. Punk is stopped and is put in a headlock by Strong. Punk pushes Strong away and against the ropes. Strong knocks Punk down with a shoulder block. Punk gets back up and Strong runs against the ropes again. Strong goes for another shoulder block, but Punk absorbs the pain and remains standing. CM Punk and Roderick Strong back up, and they have their hands up, waiting to lock up. They get in a test of strength knuckle lock. Roderick Strong squeezes at the hand of Punk and he drops to his knees. Punk drops to his back and rolls backwards, reversing the hold and getting him back in control. Both men are on their feet, still in the hold. No man is at an advantage and they both back up. The fans applaud the draw.

The two get in a test of strength another time. Strong locks CM Punk in a wristlock. Punk falls to the mat and rolls over to escape the hold. Punk gets up and puts Strong in a wristlock of his own. Roderick reverses by rolling over and he knocks Punk to the ground. Strong wants to soften CM Punk up, and he runs against the ropes and dropkicks Punk’s back. Strong gets to his knees and puts CM Punk in a bow and arrow backbreaker. Strong grabs the two arms of CM Punk and drives his knee on Punk’s back, applying lots of pain. Punk turns around and escapes the painful submission, and he elbows at Roderick’s midsection. Punk is back on his feet and he runs against the ropes. Strong catches him and throws him down with a backbreaker. Roderick holds him over the knee and pushes his chin down with a Backbreaker Submission. Strong elbows the midsection of Punk, and he is screaming in pain. Punk grabs the hand of Strong and escapes the hold, and he drops to the mat. As Punk gets to his feet, he’s attacked by Strong, who then hooks him in for a suplex. Punk blocks the attempt, and he quickly snaps Strong over with his own suplex. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Strong.

Both Strong and Punk get up at the same time. Strong runs toward Punk, and Strong goes for a clothesline. Punk moves out of the way and trips Strong, and Punk goes to the outside apron. He slingshots in with a somersault senton, and he goes for a cover. 1…2… Strong kicked out easily. Punk gets up and he waits for Strong. Strong gets to his feet and Punk runs against the ropes. CM Punk grabs the head of Roderick and he tries to DDT him to the mat. Strong blocks the running DDT into a Northern Lights Suplex. Strong bridges up and over to his feet. He grabs Punk in and pulls CM Punk up for a suplex. As Strong pulled Punk up to his highest, he dropped Punk over his knee with a backbreaker. Punk is standing, holding his back. Roderick runs against the ropes and boots CM Punk right in the face. Strong whips the weak Punk against the ropes. CM Punk stops himself on the ropes and Strong charges towards Punk. Strong stops himself and he chops at Punk’s chest. Punk chops back, and he evades a clothesline by ducking under it. Punk turns Strong around and he sets up a double underhook backbreaker, but Strong pushes CM Punk backwards. Punk runs towards Strong, and Punk gets driven with a side slam backbreaker.

Malenko – Roderick Strong wants to weaken the back of CM Punk, because he knows he can’t get a quick win against someone like CM Punk.

Simon – But this has to hurt him too, if he wins, he’ll be more worn out and have less energy. But we’ll see how this goes.

Roderick rolls CM Punk over and drops his knee on the back of CM Punk. Roderick pulls CM Punk to his feet and he whips Punk against the ropes. Strong picks Punk up and tries to slam him down. Punk tried to counter with a tilt a whirl, but Strong dropped him down with another backbreaker. Strong covers. 1…2… Punk got his foot on a rope. Strong moves Punk to the middle of the ring and covers again. 1…2… Another kickout by CM Punk. Strong looks frustrated, and he waits for CM Punk to get up. He pulls CM Punk in for the Gibson Driver, but Punk counters with a back body drop. A weak CM Punk falls against the ropes, and Strong gets up. Strong tries to pull CM Punk over with a belly to belly suplex, but Punk blocks it and he backs away. Roderick Strong runs and attempts a dropkick, and he hits it. Punk falls back against a turnbuckle and Roderick starts to chop him. Chop after chop, and CM Punk’s chest turns pink. Strong pulls Punk up to the turnbuckle. Strong climbs to the middle rope and he starts to set Punk up for a superplex. Strong climbs to the top rope now, and Punk is dazed, standing on his feet on the back of the middle rope. Strong tries to hit the suplex, but he blocks it, and he gets out of the lock of Roderick Strong. He jabs at Strong’s face and Punk calls for the Pepsi Plunge.

CM Punk hooks Strong in for the Plunge, but Roderick quickly throws Punk overhead with a back body drop. As CM Punk falls to the mat, he grabs the waist of Roderick Strong. He tries to pull him down with a sunset flip, but Roderick lives up to his last name, Strong, and he stays on the ropes. Punk struggles, and he finally throws Strong to the mat with added force. Punk covers. 1…2… Kickout. Strong is still down and CM Punk gets on the top rope. He split legs and he sandwiches Strong with a split leg moonsault. CM Punk covers Strong. 1…2… Kickout again by Strong. CM Punk gets off of Strong and he picks Roderick up and throws him to a corner. Punk runs and hits Strong in the jaw with a high knee and he wants to follow up with a bulldog. Strong pushes Punk away to escape and Strong puts his opponent in a half nelson. Strong pulls him up and he hits the Half Nelson Backbreaker. Strong covers. 1…2… Kick out by Punk. Strong is up now, and he signals for the end of the match. CM Punk gets back on his feet, and Strong kicks him in the stomach and he calls for the Gibson Driver. He hooks the arms, but CM Punk gets out of it. Strong looks frustrated and he chops Punk. He tries to finish up with a big lariat, but Punk ducks it. Punk grabs Roderick Strong and throws him to the mat with a ura-nage slam. Punk grabs the arm of Strong and puts it in the Anaconda Vice! Strong is in the middle of the ring and has nowhere to go. Roderick Strong has nothing left to do but tap out.

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner by submission, CM Punk!

CM_Punk8.jpg

Malenko – We will see CM Punk later tonight, and he is in the Final Four.
Simon – Roderick Strong worked his ass off, but CM Punk got the victory. I don’t know how that grueling match will affect Punk in his next match, but all the wrestlers have to face that tonight if they want to win.
Malenko – But right now, Lena Yada is backstage with Alex Shelley.

The camera shows the PRIDE interview area, where Alex Shelley is with Lena Yada.

Alex_Shelley22.jpg

Lena – Alex, earlier tonight you faced and defeated Jimmy Rave and you advanced to the next round of the tournament. Are you ready to compete in a big match against either Kevin Steen or Samoa Joe?

Shelley – Lena, I’m always ready to compete. I don’t care if I’m wrestling someone as big as Samoa Joe or Kevin Steen, I’ll find my way to beat him. And that last match with Jimmy Rave was a little tiring, because after having Prince Nana chase me, I got tired of him complaining to the ref and calling all the shots for my former partner, Jimmy Rave. Because tonight, Alex Shelley will be the shining star of Pro Wrestling PRIDE. Tonight, I’ll overcome all the challenges and become the champion. I don’t care who I face or if I have to go an hour, or one minute, I will do as much as I can to become champion. Because this isn’t like TNA where I’m competing against some fat ass like Bubba Dudley, this is my opportunity to do it the Machine Gun way.

Austin Aries walks past the interview scene. He stops in front of Alex Shelley and the two stare each other down. Aries spits in the face of Shelley and he walks away, towards the entrance stage.

D’Angelis – The following match is a triple threat match, in the second round of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship Tournament. It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Immigrant Song hits and Paul Burchill stands at the stage, getting a big reaction from the fans.

D’Angelis – First, from Chelsea, England weighing 241 pounds, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, Paul Burchill!

Personal Jesus starts to play and Austin Aries busts through the curtain with energy. He is booed by the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – Next, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 207 pounds, Austin Aries!

I’m Comin’ hits and MVP steps through the curtain. MVP gets booed by the fans as he heads towards the squared circle.

D’Angelis – Finally, from Miami, Florida, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing in at 243 pounds, Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP!

Simon – Last week we saw all of these men compete in first round matches, but only MVP got a victory, even though it was by DQ.

Masters – That’s why MVP should automatically advance, his opponents didn’t get a clean fall, and MVP was the one that did.
Malenko – But that would be unfair, everyone else is competing in a match earlier, why would Foley or Steamboat be nicer to MVP?

BurchillvsAriesvsMVP.jpg

Second Round
MVP vs Austin Aries vs Paul Burchill

*Bell Rings*

Both men stand in the middle of the ring and they start off with a triple lock up. Aries and MVP let go of their hold on each other and attack Paul Burchill. They flip him over by the arms and let go of the knuckle locks on him. Aries dropkicks the back of the head of the seated Burchill. MVP runs against the ropes and boots Burchill in the face and he follows up with a cover. Austin Aries broke it up before the ref could even begin to count. Aries runs against the ropes and dropkicks MVP and Burchill, who were both on their knees. Aries covers MVP. Paul Burchill broke up the cover. Burchill and Aries are battling now, and Burchill chops Aries into a corner. MVP pushes Paul Burchill onto the same corner. MVP backs up and he goes for the Boot, and as Porter runs, Aries pushes Burchill off of him so he could feel the impact. Aries gets on the middle turnbuckle and flies towards MVP. Aries twists and attempts a back elbow, but MVP caught him by the waist. Porter tried to nail him with a German Suplex, but Aries blocks the attempt. Paul Burchill is up and he springboards off of the middle rope. He clotheslines Aries and MVP pulls him back with the German Suplex. Montel bridges over for a pin. 1…2… Burchill dropped his leg on Aries’ face to break up the pin.

Burchill and MVP are face to face and on their feet. The two exchange very stiff forearms. MVP rolls out of the ring, and he calls for a time out. Burchill turns around and is drilled with an Austin Aries suplex. Aries rolls onto Paul for a cover. 1…2… Kick out. MVP slides back into the ring and starts stomping on both Aries and Burchill. He picks the smaller Aries up and throws him to the corner. Paul Burchill gets up and he puts MVP on his shoulders with a fireman’s carry. Burchill rolls forward with a steam roller slam and Aries flies off the ropes. He drops the elbow on both grounded men, and he covers. 1…2… MVP kicked out which made Burchill kick out. Aries and Burchill are on their feet. They chop each other, but when MVP gets up, they change their attention to him. They both try to clothesline him, but MVP ducks. MVP points at his head and taunts the crowd. MVP turns around and Burchill picks him up and drives him to the mat with a spinebuster. Aries slingshots into the ring and drops his leg onto MVP. Burchill rolls MVP over into a Boston Crab. Aries puts the arm of MVP in a Fujiwara lock, and MVP has nowhere to go, trapped in two submission holds.

MVP tells the ref to break the hold when Aries ‘pulled’ his hair. Aries looks angry and he kicks the face of MVP. He runs towards the ropes now and he follows with a dropkick to the chest of Paul Burchill, breaking his Boston Crab. Aries gets back to his feet and he signals for his spinning elbow drop. MVP pushes Aries out of the way and shows him how to do it. He runs against the ropes and goes for his elbow drop. Aries pushes him out of the way, and he goes for his elbow drop again. MVP pushes Aries out of the way and tries to hit his elbow. The two clashing wrestlers come to a conclusion and they both do their signature elbow drops on Paul Burchill. Double Cover. 1…2… Burchill got his shoulder up. Aries tosses MVP against the ropes, and MVP stops and pokes Aries in the eye. MVP starts to hit Austin with right handed jabs, and he follows up with a discus elbow smash. MVP grabs Aries in a pumphandle lift, but Austin reversed it into an inverted headscissors takedown. Porter quickly rolls back up to his feet and Aries runs towards him. He tried to go for a spear on MVP, but Porter catches him in a setup to the Playmaker. MVP hits it, but before he could cover, Burchill jumps onto MVP and pushes him out of the ring.

Malenko – It could have been over, but the third man saved himself.
Simon – It’s good thinking by Paul Burchill, let MVP do all the work and come in when the moment is right.

Burchill slingshots out of the ring and planchas onto MVP. Aries is still down in the ring, and so are Burchill and MVP on the outside. Burchill is the first to get up, and he pulls MVP to his feet, and the two begin to brawl. They go around the ring, hitting each other onto the apron, ring post and timekeeper’s table. MVP kicks Burchill in the balls while the ref wasn’t looking, and he slides back into the ring. Austin Aries slowly starts to get up and MVP starts to attack him. MVP grabs the head of Aries and he starts to drive his knee onto his face. Porter spins over and drops to the mat with a neckbreaker. MVP gets on top of Aries now and starts to punch him in the face with big haymakers. Paul Burchill rolls back into the ring and he kicks the attacking Porter in the back. Burchill grabs MVP in and it looks like he’s going for a powerbomb. Burchill uses his strength to pull Porter off of Aries and up to his shoulders, and he backs up for the moment of impact. Burchill runs with MVP on his shoulders and drops him down with a running sit down powerbomb. Cover. 1...2… Burchill gets to his feet and brings MVP up with him. He calls for the C-4, but MVP elbows the back of Burchill’s head to avoid the move.

The two men separate and they both go for the smaller Aries. They both boot him on the face, and Burchill immediately follows up with a standing moonsault. As Burchill got off of Aries, MVP dropped his knee onto Austin. Aries is brought to his feet, and he can barely stand. He then gets hit with a spin kick from Burchill, and a legsweep from MVP. Burchill springboards against a middle rope and it looks like he’s going to hit Aries. But instead, he dropkicks MVP. Porter falls back and he’s leaning against a rope. Aries gets up and Burchill grabs him in for the C-4. MVP recovers and pushes Burchill away, and he wants to hit the Playmaker. Both Burchill and MVP argue while they leave Aries alone. Austin Aries capitalizes on this distraction and double clotheslines the two. Paul Burchill ducked the clothesline, but Aries quickly kicked him in the stomach with a spinning heel kick. Aries grabs him for a bulldog, but Burchill picks him up and drops him hard to the mat with a backdrop suplex right on his head. He covers. 1…2… MVP broke up the pin. MVP stomps Burchill in the face, and he picks up Aries again for another Playmaker.

Simon – Austin Aries is the most beat up man in this match in my opinion, he’s taken so much punishment.
Malenko – Everyone’s been double teamed at least once during this match.
Masters – Austin Aries is a dwarf, so he can just get stomped on.

Austin Aries countered the supposed finish into a crucifix bomb. But when Austin got up, he got hit with a backbreaker from Paul Burchill. Burchill covers. 1…2… MVP broke up the cover. Paul Burchill looks furious, and he superkicks Porter in the jaw. Burchill climbs to the top rope, facing the outside of the ring. He goes for a moonsault on Porter, but MVP got his knee up and Paul Burchill is standing, holding his midsection while screaming in pain. Austin Aries hooks the arms of Paul and brings him over with a Tiger Suplex, bridged into a cover. 1…2… MVP slid into the chest of Burchill to break up the pin. Austin Aries gets up and he chops MVP, and then whips him against the ropes. Aries catches him and drives him face first to the mat with a forward Russian legsweep. Paul Burchill comes in and German Suplexes MVP right off of the mat, and his back lands on the turnbuckle. Burchill and Aries exchange elbows, and Aries lands a stiff one right on the big man’s mouth. Aries throws him over with an exploder suplex. MVP runs towards Aries and he gets hit with a big right hand. Aries calls for the Brainbuster, and he picks MVP up. Porter lands right on his head and Aries points to the top turnbuckle. He climbs, but Paul Burchill is there to knock him off of his feet. Burchill wants to hit a super rolling cutter, but Austin Aries grabbed the arms of the bigger, stronger Burchill and he throws him OUT OF THE RING with a crucifix bomb. Aries gets his attention back to MVP, and he holds his hands up for the 450 Splash. He jumps off, spins and he hits it! Cover.
1…2…3!​

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Austin Aries!

Simon – So we have our first semifinal match confirmed. It will be Austin Aries taking on CM Punk.

Malenko – It’ll be a rematch of a few years ago back in ROH.
Masters – Yeah, a rematch three years after the first match happened. Both guys are different now.

D’Angelis – The following match is the last second round match in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship Tournament. It is scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Tear Away hits and Kevin Steen walks to the ring with a focused look. He reaches the ring steps out and yells a battle cry.

D’Angelis - In the ring, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada, weighing in at 244 pounds, standing in at 5 feet 11 inches, Kevin Steen!

Mama Said Knock you out hits and Samoa Joe walks through the curtain with mixed boos and cheers from the crowd. He stands with one foot on the guardrail and yells The Champ is Here.

D’Angelis – His Opponent, from Huntington Beach, California weighing in at 280 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall, Samoa Joe!

Simon – Here we go, we’re going to see Alex Shelley’s opponent for later tonight.
Malenko – I’ve been looking forward to this match ever since these two advanced.
Masters – Hey look, it’s the Fat and the Furious!

SteenvsJoe.jpg

Second Round
Kevin Steen vs Samoa Joe

*Bell Rings*

Steen and Joe stare each other down in the middle of the ring, face to face, or as Chris Masters would say fat stomach to fat stomach. Samoa Joe backs up and slaps Kevin Steen on the face, but Steen doesn’t even flinch. Kevin Steen retaliates with a big slap to Joe’s face, and Joe moves back, holding the side of his face. Kevin Steen turns and raises his hands, and the crowd is behind him. When Steen turns back around, he is hit with a big dropkick from Samoa Joe. Joe starts to stomp on his opponent, and Steen crawls back to a corner. Samoa Joe backs up and he goes for a boot to the face of Steen. The Canadian moves out of the way instinctually, and he grabs the leg of Samoa Joe and gets a quick rollup. 1... Joe kicked out with a kick to the side of Steen’s head. Kevin Steen falls back after the impact of that kick, and he leans on a rope holding his ear. Samoa Joe gets up and he pushes Steen to a corner, and he starts to attack Mr. Wrestling. He piefaces Kevin Steen, and he starts to hit several stiff strikes. Punch, chop, punch, chop again and again to his opponent’s head. Finally Kevin Steen falls forward into Joe’s grasp, and the Samoan throws Steen out of the corner with an exploder suplex.

Samoa Joe waits for Steen to get up, and when the weakened big man does, Joe runs at him and drives him back down to the mat with a hard swinging neckbreaker. Samoa Joe rolls over and back up, and he follows with a vertical suplex, with the middle of Kevin Steen’s back absorbing lots of the pain. Samoa Joe tries to go for a third move, and he yells out for a Brainbustah. As Joe brings his opponent up, Kevin Steen gets out of the nasty predicament, falling to his feet not facing Samoa Joe. Steen still holds his sore back, and Samoa Joe runs against the ropes. Joe swings his arm at Steen for a Northern Lariat, but Kevin Steen avoids the attempt by spinning and kicking the chest of Samoa Joe, sending him backwards, and Joe is sent running across the ropes. A surprised Kevin Steen gets hit in the face with a big boot from Samoa Joe, and Joe runs against the ropes again, looking for a combination. He jumps high into the air, and Joe drops his knee onto the throat and sternum of Kevin Steen. Steen is sandwiched between the mat and the knee of Samoa Joe, and he’s forced into a pin. 1…2… Steen kicked out, but he’s still in trouble gasping for air with a huge man stopping his breaths. Samoa Joe gets off the chest of Steen, and he starts to stand on him. He jumps up and drops both knees onto Steen’s battered chest.

Masters – That will hurt, getting squashed by such a fatass, that move really could kill you.

Simon – Yeah, let’s see if you could take that move.
Samoa Joe rolls Kevin Steen over, and he puts him in an abdominal stretch, inflicting more damage to Kevin Steen. Steen struggles for air as he is trapped in the hold, but he tries to fight back. Samoa Joe lets go of the hold, and he runs against the ropes. He tries to go for a running knee strike to the seated Steen, but he misses when Kevin Steen gets up and rolls over. Kevin Steen runs at Samoa Joe at full speed, and he hits him with a stiff running forearm. Steen sends Joe across the ropes. He picks the speeding Joe off of his feet and drives him hard to the mat with a big powerslam. Steen runs against the ropes and looks for a combo of his own. He jumps off of his feet, and his back lands on Samoa Joe with a back senton. Kevin Steen grabs the legs of Samoa Joe now, and he drags him to a corner. Samoa Joe is brought to his feet by Steen, and Steen punches Joe in the corner. After a few more strikes, Steen backs up and he stomps the ground, calling for a big move. He runs towards the corner, but Joe put both feet up and sent Steen flying backwards towards the middle of the ring. Samoa Joe climbs to the second rope and he flies off, looking to attack Kevin Steen from the air. Samoa Joe lands on the shoulders of Kevin Steen, and surprisingly Steen has control and throws his opponent headfirst into the turnbuckle.

Kevin Steen runs towards Samoa Joe, who is slumped in the corner, sitting. Steen flips and his back area lands on Samoa Joe, with a corner running senton. A weak Samoa Joe is crushed in between the turnbuckle and Steen’s fat ass. Steen rolls back to his feet, and grabs the legs of Samoa Joe and drags him back to the middle of the ring. He covers. 1…2… Kick out at 2. Samoa Joe finally gets back to his feet, and Kevin Steen was waiting for him. He grabs him by the waist, looking to hit a German Suplex. Steen brings him up, but in mid-air Samoa Joe broke the waist hold and grabs the head of Kevin Steen. He falls back to the mat, with Kevin Steen falling on his shoulder with a big counter. Samoa Joe jumps back over and locks in a Dragon Clutch on Kevin Steen. Steen tries to bite the fingers of Samoa Joe to break the hold, and Samoa Joe gets to his feet with Steen still in the hold. Joe lifts him up and he wants to go for an inverted brainbuster. As Joe brings Steen up, he got out of it and falls to his feet, hitting an Inverted DDT to Joe as a counter. The back of Samoa Joe’s head hits the mat a few times in recoil after the big move.​

Malenko – Beautiful counter by Kevin Steen, let’s see if he can continue his attack.
Simon – Surprised he didn’t go for the cover there, but he could be waiting to hit a big move.

Samoa Joe is back on his feet, and he gets hit with a dropkick in the chest. Kevin Steen grabs Joe on his shoulders. Samoa Joe falls out to his feet, but Kevin Steen quickly turns before Joe could attack him. Joe swings his arm at Steen for a lariat, but the member of Team EGO ducked the move. Kevin Steen grabs Samoa Joe in a front slam setup. Samoa Joe strikes Steen’s back, trying to get out of the predicament. Samoa Joe reverses as he gets to his feet, and he has Steen up in the same hold. Kevin Steen quickly gets control back getting to his feet with a reversal. He drops Samoa Joe across his knee with a backbreaker. Steen covers. 1…2… Samoa Joe got a shoulder up. Steen gets back up to his feet and doesn’t waste any time, going for a standing somersault leg drop onto his big opponent. Samoa Joe moves out of the way and Kevin Steen landed hard on the mat. Samoa Joe is battered and bruised, holding his back and ribs, with Steen still sitting on the mat. Samoa Joe refocuses on his opponent, and he walks towards him. He kicks Kevin in the back a few times, and follows up with a chop to the back. Joe boots Steen in the face, which knocked him to the mat on his back.

Joe goes for the cover. 1…2… Kick out by Steen. Samoa Joe goes to the corner, waiting for Kevin Steen to get to his feet. Kevin Steen is finally up to his feet, facing Joe. Samoa Joe shuffles towards Kevin Steen and kicks his leg up for a superkick, and Steen gets his own leg up quickly, and both men fall to the mat parallel to each other. The opponents lie on the mat, not even moving after the double kick. Kevin Steen is the first of the two to get up, but he still feels the affects of the match, holding his back and his jaw, while leaning on a rope to hold him up. Samoa Joe gets to his knees, and he also favors some of his body parts. Kevin Steen scoops Samoa Joe and he wants to drop on his head with a piledriver. Samoa Joe grabs the middle rope and scissors the head of Steen to prevent him from hitting the devastating move. Samoa Joe breaks the hold of Kevin Steen, and he’s back on his feet. Samoa Joe now hits some offense on Kevin Steen, chopping at his chest, pushing him to the ropes. Samoa Joe sends him running, and wants to bring him around and down for a powerslam. Kevin Steen reverses, using his weight to force Samoa Joe to his back, sandwiching him on the mat.

Kevin Steen gets up and climbs to the top rope. He balances himself, and he yells for a Senton Bomb. He jumps off, and flips towards Samoa Joe. He lands, but on the mat, and he stands up, holding the back that had been damaged throughout the match. Samoa Joe is up on his feet now, and Kevin Steen still holds his back, not looking at his opponent. Samoa Joe capitalizes, jumping onto Steen and bringing him down with The Choke. Kevin Steen is fading fast, and the ref checks him out. He says no to the ref, not wanting to lose such an important match. Samoa Joe headbutts the back of Steen’s head, making him weaker moment by moment. The ref is about to check once again, and Kevin Steen rolls to his stomach. He gets to his knees, and finally his feet, and the hold on him is loosened. Steen holds the head of Samoa Joe, and Steen walks forward and drops down with a stunner on Joe to break the hold. Kevin Steen is freed, and he hooks Samoa Joe in for the Package Piledriver.

Simon – It could be over right now, but would you consider this an upset?
Masters – Not an upset to me, but both men will probably be upset that Orlando has the worst buffets in America.

A weak Samoa Joe is brought up, and then driven down with the Package Piledriver! Steen covers… 1…2….. Samoa Joe barely kicked out. Kevin Steen looks angry, and he brings Samoa Joe to his feet for a second Package Piledriver. Samoa Joe gets out of the attempt, and he peppers Kevin Steen with open handed slaps. Samoa Joe scoops the weak Kevin Steen up, and he hits the Island Driver, and Steen lands right on his head. Joe covers. 1…2….. Samoa Joe kicked out, and he picks Steen back to his feet, wasting no time. He picks him up with a suplex lift, and he wants to finish it with the Muscle Buster. Kevin Steen gets out, and pushes Joe backwards. Joe runs towards Steen, with full force. Kevin Steen tries to get a superkick, but Joe ducked it. Samoa Joe grabs Steen, and he calls for the Muscle Buster. He brings him up, runs forward, and hits it. A tired Samoa Joe covers…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Samoa Joe!

Simon – Wow, what a match. Samoa Joe got a big victory from Kevin Steen.
Malenko – But he still has another match coming up, I’m wondering how the damage he took from this match will affect how he does later tonight.
Masters – We’re heading to intermission now, and I’m going to pick myself up a sandwich. I’m as hungry for some food as Samoa Joe is for eating people.

Tourney4.jpg

Still to come…

CM Punk vs Austin Aries

Alex Shelley vs Samoa Joe
The Finals

----------FIRST INTERMISSION----------

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Great show so far and I think I should give you a review on this part.

Best Match: All of the matches are really great but I am going to pick the Punk and Strong match as my fave one.

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: I'll go for MVP one

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: Nice show so far, The Age of the Fall is really nowhere to be found but I don't believe that they will just stay on their home since they were banned. I see them going to wreck something on the second part.

Qwake

bm: I liked MVP Vs Aries Vs Burchill along with the m/e the most
wm: All were very good.
bp: The MVP promo was done good, quick lol
wp: n/a
AF: Great show and im lookig forward to the semi finals