Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

bm: samoa joe vs paul burchill
wm: n/a
bp: opening one
wp: n/a
af: good show man, and im digging all these factions. seems kinda like dragon gate to me

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: All matches are great, but my personal pick would be the Fatal 4 Way Match. It's awesome.

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: Indeed the opening one.

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: What a great show to return in the BTB Section. All matches are action packed. Great Job man!

Reaction score
Best Match: Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aries vs. Jack Evans vs. Roderick Strong
Worst Match: Non
Best Promo: Opening Promo
Worst Promo:
Additional: Really liked the show man, The matches were awesome and looks like you really worked hard for this. I'm really a fan of the indy circuit which makes this btb an even better read. Nice job and keep it up dude :)

xtremebadass

BM: Fatal Four Way

WM: You are brilliant at match writing, great job, there weren't any bad ones

BP: The Opener

WP: None.

AC: Great return here bro, nice work

The Rated R CMStar

BM: MVP vs CM Punk, all were great but I liked this one better

WM: N/A, really great match writting

BP: The opener one, good interaction between all

WP: MVP interview, I didn't dig this new side of MVP, I prefer him arrogant as nobody

AC: Good debut, MVP and Punk were portrayed as the faces of PRIDE. I also like all the factions you have.

CP: Check out BTW, CyberSlam has been posted.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE Preview for 3/15/08

PRIDE Preview
3/15/08​

-Last week, Pro Wrestling PRIDE made a big debut. This week, they follow up as they hit New Jersey for a special matinee show before the ROH night show.

-The first set of matches in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE tournament will be held, so far, the first round matches look like this.

Untitled.jpg

-Also on the show will be the following matches...

-The New Nation (Shelton Benjamin & Elijah Burke) vs Colt Cabana & Ace Steel
Last week saw MVP and CM Punk wrestle the main event with CM Punk coming out victorious. This week, their stable partners compete in a tag match, to see who is the superior Stable.

-B-Boy vs Chris Sabin vs Rocky Romero
This will be a Triple Threat match in a mix of different styles. B-Boy, a member of the Strong Style Thugs, is aggressive and tough. Chris Sabin is the high flyer that can change the momentum of a match with one jump off the top. Rocky Romero is one of the best technical wrestlers and strikers in PRIDE, maybe even the world. Which style will be superior?

Catch PRIDE this Saturday at http://www.freewebs.com/thundastruck5/

xtremebadass

Looks like a great second show coming up, can't wait to read. Tournament is looking great as well.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE 3/15/08

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
March 15th, 2008
St. Benedict’s High School
Newark, New Jersey

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE Logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints,
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers,
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
Hurrah!
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the T.V.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!​

The PRIDE logo flashes across the screen and the camera cuts to the locker room, where Jimmy Rave is sitting with Prince Nana, discussing Rave’s upcoming match. Rave has a very serious look on his face. Nana faces the camera and begins to speak.

Prince Nana – For too long have I been fighting for what is right in the world. For many years now, I’ve raised taxes in Ghana to an incredible level. Why you ask? What I have been fighting for is a championship to come to The Embassy. All I have strived for is for this man, Jimmy Rave, to finally hold Championship Gold. But the people have always held him back. Held the whole Embassy with Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli down, when they are the True Champions. But now the time is finally here. In this Pro Wrestling PRIDE tournament, this man, Jimmy Rave, will take on and defeat Jack Evans. Jack Evans is someone that we would be proud to make a mockery of. He is someone that is just a name that will be remembered because he lost to Jimmy Rave on his way to becoming champion. Jack Evans is just someone that could break his face into 30 million little pieces with a boot to the face. It doesn’t even matter if Jimmy’s opponent is 7 feet tall or 4, this man will beat him. This man, Jimmy Rave will be the future PRIDE champion, and that reign will never, ever end.

Rave – Let’s go, it’s match time. But don’t worry, I’ll be quick, I’ll give it about 2 or 3 minutes, Evans will be out quickly.

D’Angelis – The following match is a first round contest of the PRIDE Title Tournament, Scheduled for One Fall.

House of The Rising Sun hits and Jimmy Rave with Prince Nana, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli walk to the ring, making fun of the fans. They get in the ring, and immediately they are pummeled with toilet paper. It covers the ring and they try to throw it back, but there’s too much.

D’Angelis – In the ring, with the members of The Embassy, standing in at 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighing 210 pounds, from Ghana, West Africa by way of Atlanta, Georgia, he is Jimmy Rave!

911 hits and Jack Evans stands at the entrance stage with Julius Smokes, JTG and the Human Tornado. He walks to the ring, standing on his hands.

D’Angelis – On his way to the ring accompanied by The Vulture Squad, from Parkland, Washington, weighing in at 172 pounds, standing 5 feet 8 inches, Jack Evans!

Simon – Welcome to this Pro Wrestling PRIDE show, live from New Jersey. Today we’re going to have the first 4 matches in the PRIDE Championship Tournament.

Malenko – That’s right, and it all starts with Jack Evans vs. Jimmy Rave right now.

PRIDE Title Tourney
First Round
Jimmy Rave vs. Jack Evans

*Bell Rings*

Rave and Evans lock up. Rave puts Jack in a headlock pretty quickly. Before Evans can do anything, Rave starts to punch Evans in the head stiffly. The ref tells Rave to open his fists, and Rave releases the hold, with Evans falling to the mat. Rave starts to stomp away at Evans, and Evans kips up, dropkicking Jimmy Rave in the chest in the process. Evans whips Rave against the ropes, and Evans attempts a leg lariat. Rave holds the ropes and Evans falls to the mat with a thud, landing on his back and head. Rave just wipes his boot against Evans’ face, a major sign of disrespect. Rave then turns Evans over and starts banging Evans’ face against the mat. He yells at Evans “How’s your face now?” Rave now locks in a modified camel clutch, pulling Evans’ nostrils and mouth as much as he can. The ref now calls for a break. 1…2…3…4… Rave lets go, and Evans is clutching his face and yelling in pain. Rave runs against the ropes now, and he tries to baseball slide Evans in the face. Jack is able to roll away, and he slowly gets up, leaning against the ropes. Rave is up and tries a clothesline, but Evans rolls through, jumps and nails a reverse rana on Rave, with Rave landing straight on his head. Evans runs leaps and drops both his knees onto the chest of Jimmy Rave. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Jimmy Rave. Evans waits for Rave to get up. Evans stands on the ropes, charges, but misses a maneuver, and Rave catches him in a fireman’s carry. He hits the Ghanarea. Cover. 1…2… Kick out. Rave locks in a cross face, further exploiting Jack’s weak point. While the ref isn’t looking, Julius Smokes grabs Evans’ right leg and places it on the bottom rope. The fans cheer for this. Rave releases the hold, and starts to guide Evans to his feet. Rave hooks him in, and calls for the Rave Clash. Rave showed off too long, and Evans countered with a modified Code Red. Cover. 1…2… Jimmy Rave kicks out.

Masters – Wow, Jack Evans is a freakin’ idiot.
Simon – Shut up Masters. Both of these guys are trying to get an early victory, but it obviously isn’t working because they both look prepared for a fight.

Evans runs against the ropes and tried a standing 450, but Rave gets his feet up and they make an impact on Evans’ face. Rave taps his knees and yells for Evans to get up. Evans gets up slowly and Rave smashes his knee into Evans’ face. Cover. 1…2… Kick out. Rave yells at Evans and spits in his face. While still on his back, Evans kicks Rave in the shins, and he gets to his feet, wiping spit off of his face. Rave and Evans charge at each other, and they begin a pushing match. Rave slaps Evans in the face, and pokes him in the eye. Rave now hooks Evans for a fisherman’s suplex, but Evans blocks it by striking Rave in the sides. Evans gets both feet down and brings Rave up. Jack drops him back down for a suplex slam. Jack now climbs to the top turnbuckle, and he yells “630.” He jumps, but Rave rolls out of the ring, going to the side of his Embassy. The Vulture Squad rushes to that side, and a brawl ensues. While the action is focused on the outside, Jack Evans looks ready to hit something big. He yells something in Japanese, runs against the ropes and cartwheels out of the ring. He twists his body several times and lands on everyone. The fans start a “Holy Shit” chant as all men are down. The ref starts to count. 1…2…3…4…5… Evans and Rave start to get up, and Rave grabs a weak Evans by the do-rag, and throws his head into the ring post. 6…7… Rave tries to go for another, but Evans counters and does the same to him. Rave, still with his head next to the post, gets hit with a dropkick, banging the side of his face against the post. Evans rolls back in the ring. 8. Prince Nana and the rest of the Embassy pick Rave up and roll him into the ring just as the ref counted 9. Evans goes for a Somersault Leg Drop on the weak Rave, and he nails it. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Rave. Evans looks a little tired, and he signals a standing Shooting Star. Rave rolls out of the way, and Evans is hit with a knee to the back of the head from Rave. Rave goes for another, but Evans kips up and hits some strikes to Rave. Both crews are still fighting. Rave is leaning against the ropes and Evans backs for another move. Rave ducks and Evans flies out of the ring over the top rope, and he’s able to turn it into a corkscrew. He hits Julius Smokes, Claudio, Hero, JTG and Tornado. Prince Nana is the only one still standing on the outside, and he pulls Evans to his feet. Jimmy Rave distracts the ref. Nana is able to grab a chair and drilled Evans in the face with it. Nana rolls Evans back in the ring. Rave picks him up and he hits Greetings from Ghana! Cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, and moving on to the next round, Jimmy Rave!

Masters – That is what managers do; too bad Evans’ Peacock Squad didn’t help him at all.
Malenko – Rave will have to face the winner of Shelley/Quackenbush, and if he’s able to beat them, he’ll be closer to his goal, the PRIDE Championship.
Simon – Up next is another match in the tournament, Ken Dykstra will take on Samoa Joe. But first, let’s throw it over to Lena Yada, who is with Joe backstage.

(The camera now cuts to the interview area, and Samoa Joe is standing with Lena Yada, towel around his neck and with a face beaming with confidence.)

Lena – Thanks guys. As you can see, I’m with Samoa Joe, who is scheduled to wrestle Ken Dykstra in the next match. Joe, you had the number one seed in the PRIDE Title Tourney, why did you choose Ken Dykstra and what are your predictions for the rest of the tournament?

Joe – You see Lena, it’s pretty simple. During my years wrestling, I’ve been told that I need to bulk up, that I don’t have the look, or the body of a superstar. They said I would never make it in wrestling, anywhere. Now, a few championship runs later, those people have shut their mouth. Those people, even the fans, became my fans. Those people are the people that I hate, they criticize me one day, but like a sheep, they all jump on my bandwagon as soon as I gain popularity. And the other guys in the locker room still look at me with disapproval. The Muscle Militia, particularly Ken Dykstra is the perfect example of “a body.” He’s just a person that gained all his credit because he looked good. That’s why I picked him. To show the fans that muscle doesn’t matter in winning a match. And Dykstra is a horrible wrestler too, another factor in my decision in picking him. It really doesn’t matter, whether it’s by Muscle Buster, Choke or rollup, Ken Dykstra won’t ever be close to winning the PRIDE Title. For the rest of the tournament, it’s the same thing, and I will become PRIDE Champion. I will be the face of this promotion. With the Homicide and B-Boy, the world will not be safe. As PRIDE Champion, I’ll show everyone why I’m the one man to carry this company for years to come. Kenny Dykstra, if you heard that, you’d better be scared, because I’m ready right now and I’m going to kick your head off.

Lena – Ok Joe, good luck.

Joe walks away, and the camera now cuts back to the center of the ring.

D’Angelis – The following is a first round match in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Title Tournament, scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit.

Sky High hits and Kenny Dykstra makes his way to the ring, getting cheers from the fans.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, from Worcester, Massachusetts, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, weighing 225 pounds, Ken Dykstra!

Mama Said Knock you out hits and Samoa Joe walks through the curtain with mixed boos and cheers from the crowd.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring from Huntington Beach, California weighing in at 280 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall, Samoa Joe!

Simon – Last week we saw both these men in action. Ken Dykstra was pinned in the 6 man tag against The Dynasty, but he really had no choice after getting low blowed by Larry Sweeney.

Malenko – Also last week, Samoa Joe was in a tough battle with Paul Burchill, a very good back and forth match. But now Joe’s going to take on Dykstra, who was handpicked by Joe to be his opponent today.
Masters – I can’t really say I have a favorite in this match, because I hate both of them, and I really don’t think either deserves a title.

PRIDE Title Tourney
First Round
Samoa Joe vs Ken Dykstra

*Bell Rings*​

Immediately Joe starts to strike Kenny, ignoring an attempted tie up. Joe starts to unload, throwing palm strikes and kicks. Kenny blocks a left hand and throws his forearm into Joe’s face in desperation. Joe shrugs it off and continues his assault. Kenny jumps and evades a low round kick, and he punches Joe straight in the face a couple of times, with snaps being heard with every shot. This only makes Joe angry, and he hits a short arm clothesline. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Kenny. Joe starts to kick Kenny in the face, and he follows up with a football kick to the midsection. Kenny rolls away and gets up. Joe charges at him, but he moves out of the way and Joe’s right arm gets caught up in a rope. Kenny capitalizes and dropkicks the arm, and Joe winces in pain. Dykstra now puts Joe in a wristlock, hitting Joe’s elbow while in the hold. Instead of rolling out or trying to counter, Joe just picks the smaller Dykstra up by the arm and just drops him in a modified side slam. Joe still clutches his arm as he hooks the leg for a cover. 1…2… Dykstra got a shoulder up. Joe waits for Kenny to get up, and he kicks him and screams to force him to his feet. Dykstra gets up and Joe spins him around, and pulls him in for The Choke. The attempt is blocked though, as Dykstra grabbed Joe’s weak right arm to prevent the full choke. Joe looks frustrated, and he sends left elbows to the neck of his opponent. Joe backs up and is holding his right arm up and goes for a Northern Lariat. Dykstra bends down to unintentionally evade the maneuver, and Joe holds his arm in pain after the miss.

Ken pulls Joe’s arm and takes him to the turnbuckle. He tries to smash the arm, but Joe uses his strength to stop it and pushes Kenny against the turnbuckle. Joe chops him once, twice, and starts going with Kobashi like chops. Joe finishes it off with a kick to the midsection and a clothesline on Kenny. Joe picks Dykstra up and might be setting up for the muscle buster. Instead, he turns, and drops him on his head with a Running Brainbuster. Cover. 1…2… Kenny grabbed a rope. Joe covers again. 1…2… A kick out. Joe pulls up Kenny’s legs and tries another cover.1…2… Joe was expecting the kick out, turns Dykstra over and locks in a Boston Crab. He releases the hold and stomps Kenny in the head. He pulls Kenny up and goes for the Choke once again, but Dykstra blocks it and puts Joe in a keylock.

Malenko – Kenny really has shocked some people, he’s blocked That Choke twice already, and he’s working Joe’s arm like a pro.

Masters – If that was me, Samoa Joe wouldn’t have an arm by now.

Joe gets to his feet, and powers Kenny down with a back suplex, finally releasing the hold. Joe covers.1…2… Kick out by Kenny. Joe pulls Kenny to his feet, and he hooks Kenny in for an attempted suplex. Kenny worms his way out of it, and pushes Joe backwards into the turnbuckle. Kenny runs towards the other turnbuckle, hops to the middle buckle for momentum and goes for a running knee smash. Joe catches him and plants him down with the ST-Joe. Joe climbs to the second turnbuckle and attempts a diving knee. Kenny rolls out at the last second, and Joe kicks out his feet and lands on his feet to save himself. Samoa Joe catches his breath, and Kenny capitalizes with a spinning neckbreaker. Joe is lying on his face now, and Ken weakens the right arm again by locking in a grounded hammerlock. Kenny bridges over and applies more pressure on the weak arm of his opponent. Joe tries to find a rope, and he reaches out with his free arm and his leg. Samoa Joe uses his power to push to reach a bottom rope, but it took alot of energy from him. Kenny releases the hold and pins Joe. 1…2… Big kick out by Joe, and he kicks Kenny as he gets to his feet. Both men get up and are standing in the middle of the ring. Joe runs against the ropes and goes for a shoulder tackle, but Kenny jumps up and saves himself from the attack. As Kenny falls to the ground, Joe catches him and slams him down hard to the mat with a powerbomb. Joe picks Kenny up and powers him down again, and Joe looks to go for the trifecta. He picks him up with ease, but Kenny punches Joe in the head, then flips out of the attempt, and surprises Joe with a Sunset Flip.

Cover. 1…2… Joe kicked out by clapping his legs on the sides of Kenny’s head. Joe rolls back and gets up, and Dykstra does too. Dykstra chops Joe in the chest, and he runs to the ropes, springboards, and hits Joe with a back elbow. Joe is sent back to the turnbuckle, and Dykstra goes for a running move like before. Joe catches Dykstra for the ST-Joe again, but the move gets countered when Kenny holds the arm and drives it down to the mat in a unique counter. Kenny jumps to the top turnbuckle and signals for the leg drop. He soars high into the air, sticking his leg out, waiting for the impact. Joe rolls out of the way, and Kenny drops to the mat with a thud. Kenny stands up, and holds the back of his upper leg in tons of pain. Joe grabs him and puts him in a sleeper, then hits a Sleeper Suplex, with Kenny landing on the back of his head. Joe scissors the move, and Kenny has nowhere to go. He drifts in and out of consciousness, and the ref holds his arm up to check. Kenny is conscious, and he holds his arm up barely. Joe puts the choke in tighter, shaking Dykstra and yelling “Tap!”
The ref checks again, and this time Kenny is out. The ref calls for a stoppage.

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner by submission, Samoa Joe!

Masters – Good effort by Dykstra, but he lost. Too bad, I have a feeling he’s going to cry right now.

Simon – Both guys struggled to take down their opponent, but Joe put away Dykstra, and he’s advancing to the second round.

Malenko – Ken Dykstra really gave Joe a tough time, and he was personally picked as the easiest win in his mind, really good showing by Dykstra. But Right now, we’re going to throw it backstage to Leticia Cline, where she’s with the members of the New Nation

The camera cuts to the backstage area, and Leticia is with MVP, Shelton Benjamin, and Elijah Burke.

Leticia – I’m here with the members of the New Nation. Guys, many people have been wondering why you guys formed this faction. What were your motivations to join together, and what message do you want to send to the fans watching this right now?

Burke – You see, it’s simple enough that even a dumb, blonde bimbo like you could understand. As you can see, all 3 of us are black, or what some people can say, African American. We were all WWE Superstars that were being groomed to become future World Champions. We were on the fast track to become the faces of WWE, but it all came to a screeching stop. It’s all because the assholes backstage said, to all 3 of us, the same thing. ‘A black champ isn’t credible’, ‘You’re not big enough,’ ‘Bobby Lashley is a better fit ’and‘ Triple H wants the top spot.’ No matter how impressive our skills were, a championship run would never be in our sights.

MVP – Though I did hold the US Title for a long amount of time, I could and should have been the World Heavyweight Champion. They did not see the real Montel Vontavius Porter, and now that MVP is unleashed. I’m still the Franchise Player, the most important man in this company, but now, I’m not wearing a spandex suit and I’m more aggressive, with more fire than ever. There were tons of other racially fueled teams in the past, but this New Nation will rise up and take back the top spots. The power will return to the Chosen People, us three.

Shelton – We are the strongest, fastest, most technically gifted, and smartest wrestlers in the world. This time around, we’re going to use our skills to the fullest, because we have the chance. The fans who opposed us before will finally open their eyes, see that it’s time for a change. The New Nation will take over Pro Wrestling PRIDE, we will show them the power and the force, of an all Black Attack. This isn’t the second coming of the Nation of Domination, this is something new, something that everyone will remember for years to come.

Leticia – Later tonight, two of you will be taking on Ace Steel and Colt Cabana. What do you have to say to them?

MVP – Last week, CM Punk defeated me in the main event. His teammates in the Second City Saints are taking on Shelton and Elijah. This week, the New Nation gets their revenge on CM Punk and his Saints. The score will be evened up, and we will come out on top. From now on, the New Nation will get their revenge on the Saints. There’s nowhere to run, and they will experience the strength of the Nation. Whether it’s in an alley, or in the PRIDE Title tournament, CM Punk will taste defeat at our hands. After that, The New Nation will finally become rightful champions.

They throw down the microphone, and abruptly walk away. The camera now goes back to the action.

D’Angelis – The following is a Three Way Match, scheduled for one fall under a 45 minute time limit!

Lo Qué Paso Paso blasts throughout the area and Rocky Romero steps through the curtain, doing his signature dance. He’s booed by the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – First, from Los Angles, California, standing in at 5 feet 9 inches, weighing in at 185 pounds, Rocky ‘Azucar’ Romero!

Real Mother F’n G’s echoes through the venue and B-Boy is standing at the ramp with a serious look on his face.

D’Angelis – Next, from San Diego, California, standing 5 feet 11 inches, weighing in at 211 pounds, B-Boy!

Offbeat Bare-Ass blasts through the speakers, and Chris Sabin walks to the ring, with cheers of approval from the fans.

D’Angelis – Finally, from Detroit, Michigan, standing at 5 feet 11 inches, weighing 212 pounds, Chris Sabin!

Malenko – A potentially good matchup featuring 3 of PRIDE’s top Junior Heavyweights.
Simon – B-Boy came out of retirement just to wrestle here in PRIDE and be a member of The Strong Style Thugs. Let’s see if he can win, just like his teammate Samoa Joe.
Masters – Little People, Great.

Three Way Match
B-Boy vs Rocky Romero vs Chris Sabin​

*Bell Rings*​

B-Boy and Romero stare each other down. Romero chops B in the chest, and B-Boy doesn’t miss a beat and answers with his own chop. Romero puts B-Boy in a side headlock. Chris Sabin breaks it up by taking Romero’s arm and putting it in a wristlock. B-Boy recovers quickly and clotheslines both men to the mat. He jumps in the air and drops both feet on both chests. He covers. 1… Easy kick out by both men. He starts to stomp at Romero, but Rocky rolls out and sweeps Boy’s legs. He locks in a simple leg lock. Sabin is up and takes the other leg and puts it in the same hold. Romero and Sabin release the hold simultaneously, and the two argue a little bit. Romero shoves Sabin backwards, and starts kicking away at his leg with super stiff roundhouses. Sabin fights back with his own kicks, and hits a big forearm to the face. Romero weakens Sabin enough to get him in a front facelock to set up a suplex. Romero hits the snap suplex, and bridges upward for a pin attempt. 1…2… Sabin kicked out. B-Boy kicks Romero in the face, and stomps at the face. He pulls Romero up and says ‘You call yourself stiff?’ B-Boy follows up with a flurry of forearms and elbows, and Romero comes back with more stiff kicks and straight punches. Chris Sabin comes from the corner, running at his two opponents and attempts a double neckbreaker. B and Rocky see this, and they stop striking each other, catch Sabin at the same time and drop him down with a double side slam. The two continue to strike and Romero stops B-Boy by gouging the eye, which sets up a Romero offensive. Romero pulls him down with a double leg takedown, and pulls his arms back into a modified surfboard stretch. B-Boy is moaning in pain, until Chris Sabin dropkicks B-Boy in the face to break the stretch. Sabin covers. 1…2… Romero breaks it up. Romero and Sabin square off now, and Sabin dodges a Romero right hand, and attempts a belly to back suplex. Romero blocks the attempt, but the move is executed once B-Boy assists Sabin by dropkicking Romero to weaken him. Sabin rolls Romero over and locks him in a camel clutch with a half nelson on the right arm. B-Boy runs against the ropes, grabs Sabin’s head and drives him down with a West Coast Cutter.

Simon – That’s the whole handicap for a three way match. It’s harder to get a pinfall with the other man in the ring.

Malenko – But if you buddy up with someone, you can put the other man away easily, and then it’ll just be a fight between two.

B-Boy covers. 1…2… Sabin kicks out. B-Boy ushers Sabin to his feet, and hooks his arms. He picks him up for a butterfly suplex, but B-Boy holds on, runs and drops Sabin with a double arm brainbuster. Sabin holds his head, and is seated now. B-Boy runs against the ropes and hits a football kick to Sabin’s back. Romero is up now, and he challenges B-Boy to a kicking contest. Romero kicks Sabin hard in the chest, and it makes a very loud noise. B-Boy pushes Romero away and hits his own kick, even louder than the previous one. Romero slaps B-Boy in the face, and kicks Sabin in the back, leaving an imprint on his back. B-Boy runs towards Romero and hits a spinning neckbreaker. He runs against the ropes, and hits a HUGE Shining Wizard onto the face of Chris Sabin. He covers. 1…2… Sabin still has the energy to kick out. As B-Boy gets up, Romero spins Boy around and takes him over with a German Suplex. He rolls and goes for another. He executes it, and releases B-Boy. Boy flips over and lands on his feet to save himself. Romero is unaware that B-Boy recovered, and he does his Azucar dance. B-Boy pushes Rocky into the ropes, and gets him in a rollup. 1…2… Kick out, with Romero shoving his boots in B-Boy’s face. Sabin is finally up, and he takes a groggy B-Boy and slams him down with a Side Slam Backbreaker. Romero springboards against the ropes, and he sends Sabin flying with a Missile Dropkick. Romero now makes his way to the apron, and he looks to hit a slingshot maneuver on B-Boy. He rolls in for a splash, but B-Boy gets his knees up to stop the impact. Romero walks around the ring holding his chest. Sabin charges at B-Boy, but his attempt at some damage is blocked when B-Boy catches Sabin and drives him down with a spinning sitout Spinebuster. He naturally covers. 1…2… Romero breaks it up by kicking B-Boy stiff in the back. Romero follows up by running against the ropes and kicking B-Boy hard in the face with his boot. Sabin rolls out of the way and he leaps to the top rope. Romero sees Sabin, and he goes to the middle rope and starts to weaken Sabin with Stiff punches to the midsection. Romero hooks him in for a superplex, and Rocky steps up to the top rope to add more impact. B-Boy is up and staggering, favoring his head and neck. Sabin gets out of the Suplex Attempt and hooks him for a DDT. Sabin spins off, and on his way down, he grabs B-Boy’s head and drives it down in a Double Tornado DDT.

Masters – Big DDT by Chris Sabin, too bad he will never make it to the world of the big boys.

Simon – That could’ve finished both men. Here’s a cover.

1…2… Both men kick out simultaneously. Sabin has a frustrated look on his face, and he picks Romero up for the Cradle Shock. Romero spins out of it, and drives Sabin down with an Inverted DDT. Romero picks Sabin up, and he picks him up for a Snap Suplex. Sabin is able to move around, and Romero can only hang him on the ropes, looking for a DDT. B-Boy is up and bounces off a corner, driving both of his feet onto the back of Sabin with a Double Stomp. Romero drops Sabin into the DDT. He covers. 1…2… Kick out by Sabin. Romero immediately takes Chris’ leg and puts it in an Ankle Lock. Rocky pulls Sabin back to avoid a rope break. B-Boy grabs Romero and throws him over with a Dragon Suplex, and Sabin goes flying as well, hitting his chest on a turnbuckle. B-Boy tosses him to a corner, and he charges. B-Boy hits a corner Shining Wizard and Rocky drops to a seated position. B-Boy backs up and hits a running dropkick. Sabin charges too, and hits his own Hesitation Dropkick. Sabin and B-Boy exchange blows, and Chris jumps up for a hurricanrana. B-Boy catches him and holds him up for a powerbomb. Sabin fights to escape, and Rocky Romero is up, and standing on the Top Rope. He flies and crossbodies Sabin to the mat. Romero and B-Boy both have a cover on Sabin. 1…2… B-Boy pushes Romero off of Sabin. B-Boy and Romero are standing parallel to each other. B-Boy runs against the ropes and goes for a Lariat onto Rocky. B-Boy’s move doesn’t come through when Romero hits a Monster roundhouse kick to the side of B-Boy’s head. He is legitimately out and he falls to the mat face first. Sabin sees Romero, and pulls him in for the Future Shock. Romero slips out, and Sabin turns and strikes Romero. Chris is hit with several stiff elbows, and then a very stiff kick. Romero goes behind Sabin and hits his Tiger Suplex. B-Boy is still out cold. Cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here’s your winner, Rocky Romero!

Malenko – Rocky Romero came out with a big victory today, showing everyone what he can do in the ring.

Masters – Did you see B-Boy? He really was knocked out.
Simon – We head to intermission after that wild match.

---------INTERMISSION---------

Mick Foley is in the ring, and has a mic in hand. His music stops playing and he begins to speak.

Foley – Last week, I was having a great Kodak moment with Ricky Steamboat. But we were suddenly attacked by 3 men. Those three men were The Age of The Fall. During the attack, I honestly didn’t know what was happening because one, I was being beaten up by some guy in black, and two, I was out of it. For the past few days, people have been asking me if I was OK, and if I would come back here. All I said to them was that I felt great, and that is a fact. The Age of the Fall did give me a wake up call, just what they wanted. I realized that there are so many sick people in this world, the Age Of The Fall being one of them. To randomly attack people and call it part of this so called “Revolution” is just odd. And to attack little old Mick Foley is even weirder. Because last time I checked, I was a Hardcore Legend, who would want to hurt me?

The lights turn out for a moment. When the lights go back on, The Age of the Fall of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Harry Smith and Lacey are standing on the entrance stage.

Jacobs – Mick, you just don’t get it, do you? You are wrestling’s equivalent of a prostitute, going from promotion to promotion for money. Doing things you don’t want to do, just because the paycheck at the end looks better than all the work you wanted to do. Traveling and making appearances at the most random places on earth, because you’re a quick paycheck, and you’ve whored your name to the point where it’s become legendary. That’s why we attacked you last week, to show all the people watching that you’re not the hardcore Legend that you say you are, you’re just a whore. Resorting to anything not to satisfy the fans, but to satisfy your needs and your bills. It’s actually very sad, seeing someone like you, who I idolized growing up and show how sick and demented you are. That’s another reason why, to show the people that someone like you is just a washed up shell of his former self, looking for a quick check because he wasted it all.

Foley – Jimmy, Jimmy. You’re the one that doesn’t get it. Why do I sacrifice my life, travel thousands of miles and pride. It’s because of the people in the stands right now. If they want me to be there, I will give them 200% every time in the ring, do anything to make the fans want more, make the fans wake up the next morning and say ‘I’ll never forget that match I saw with Mick Foley.’ Me putting the butts in the seats, that’s what I hope to accomplish everywhere I go. Its passion, it’s me wanting to take on the toughest opponents, and whether I get tangled in barbed wire or thrown off a cage, I still love this sport. And money doesn’t matter at all, as long as there are fans to entertain and a ring to wrestle in, I’m fine.

Black – Real cute, it was really touching. It’s you whoring yourself out to the fans again. All the people here should listen to what I say right now. Mick Foley is a liar, he is a whore. He’s something that never, ever goes away, like a parasite, or a virus. Mick Foley, you will become another person that is in the way of our Revolution. You are an incarnation of exactly what we’re against. Whatever you stand for, we are the opposites. With you being the whore of wrestling, and us being the Saviors. And once everyone forgets you, the Age of the Fall will continue to spread. The words on the lips of every man, woman and child will be ‘Do It for The Age Of The Fall.’

They run to the ring, and immediately start to beat on Foley, a three on one attack. The security forces of Mark Jindrak and Lance Hoyt restrain the Age of the Fall from continuing their assault. They are forced to the back, and Mick Foley gets up. He gets a standing ovation from the fans as he limps to the back. Steven D’Angelis gets in the ring and announces the next match.

Steven D’Angelis – The following match is a first round match in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Title Tournament, scheduled for one fall, under a 30 Minute time Limit!

Break it Down Again hits and Mike Quackenbush makes his way to the ring, slapping hands with fans.

D’Angelis – On his way to the ring from West Lawn, Pennsylvania, weighing in at 192 pounds, standing at 6 feet tall, Mike Quackenbush!

Six Barrel Shotgun blasts through the speakers and Alex Shelley makes his way through the curtain, posing with the fans’ cheer.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Detroit, Michigan standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 215 pounds, Alex Shelley!

Simon – Mike Quackenbush is here, without a Stable to back him up, and has come here to become the holder of the PRIDE Title.

Malenko – Alex Shelley wants to stop Quackenbush, and he wants to take Quackenbush. The winner of this match will take on Jimmy Rave in the next round of this tournament.

Masters – Quack and Shelley would not stand a chance in the future of the tournament with guys like Samoa Joe, they’d better enjoy it now.

PRIDE Title Tournament
First Round
Mike Quackenbush vs Alex Shelley

*Bell Rings*

Shelley quickly goes for a clothesline, but Quack ducks it. Shelley grabs his head for a snapmare. Mike rolls through and Shelley goes for another, but he repeats what he just did. Shelley charges at Quackenbush, and Quack goes on all fours, and sweeps Shelley down. Shelley rolls to avoid the impact, and the two stare each other down in the middle of the ring, and the fans applaud in the draw. The two run across opposite ropes, and Quackenbush gets Shelley in a headlock. Shelley pushes Quack away, Shelley leapfrogs a Mike attack. Shelley sends Quack against the ropes, and Quack flips and hits an inverted headscissors. Shelley quickly recovers, and Quackenbush goes quickly to the top rope. Shelley charges and Quackenbush flies. Shelley evades it and flips Quack over with a deep arm drag. Quack quickly gets up, and he hits a forward palm strike, runs against the ropes, headscissors and drives Shelley’s head to the mat with a DDT. Shelley rolls out of the ring, and takes a breather. Quackenbush runs against the ropes, springboards, but doesn’t jump out of the ring, he flips and lands back in his feet inside the squared circle. Shelley slides back in the ring, and the two exchange chops. The two lock up, and Shelley is put in a headlock. Shelley sweeps Quack’s legs, and Shelley covers. 1…2… Kick out. Quack now gets a rollup. 1…2… Kick out by Shelley, and he rolls Quack up. 1…2… Kick out by Quackenbush, and they both get up and stare down again. Quackenbush puts Shelley in a wristlock, and takes him down. Quack now locks in a Fujiwara armbar. Shelley’s foot reaches the rope, and the hold gets broken. Quack pulls Shelley to a standing position, and he still has a wristlock on. Mike climbs the ropes, walks them, jumps and flips Shelley over with a hurricanrana and Shelley lands on his feet. Quack runs and springboards on the middle of the ropes, and jumps off going for a double axe handle. Shelley counters with a boot to the face, and he breaks out of the hold and quickly pulls Quack over with a Spinning Fisherman’s Suplex.

Malenko – Good offense by Mike Quackenbush, but you can’t go wrong with Shelley’s reversals and counters.

Simon – Quackenbush showing us that he can fly and he can take Alex Shelley apart.

Cover by Shelley. 1…2… Kick out. Shelley starts to stomp on Quack, and Shelley misses a stomp when the grounded opponent rolled over. Quack gets a small package on Shelley. 1…2… Kick out, and both get up quickly. Quackenbush runs at Shelley and hits a great running DDT. Quackenbush goes to the top rope, and looks to go for a flying move. Shelley gets up and pushes a rope, knocking Quack off of his feet. Shelley grabs him in a cutter set up, and wraps him around him. Shelley runs out of the corner and hits a big backpack stunner. Shelley gets to his feet with Quack still locked, and he runs against the ropes for the Sliced Bread #2. Quackenbush blocks it and pushes Shelley chest first into the turnbuckle. Mike picks Shelley up for the Quackendriver. Shelley flips over and out of it, and kicks Quack in the stomach. Shelley runs toward Quack and hits an enziguiri. Shelley now runs against the ropes and attempts a springboard moonsault. Quack rolls over and puts Shelley in a Cloverleaf. Shelley crawls to the ropes and gets the break. Quack bounces off a turnbuckle, flips and lands on Shelley’s back with a moonsault. Shelley gets to his feet and Quackenbush hooks him in for a suplex. He holds Shelley up for a bit and then drops him down. Quack rolls over and brings him back up again. He calls for a brainbuster, but Shelley counters with a quick Suplex to Mat Slam. He covers. 1…2… Kick out by Quack. Mike Quackenbush gets up and attempts a headscissor, but Shelley counters by dropping Quack on his head. Shelley brings Quack to his feet and yells for the Shellshock. He hooks him in, and he hits it! Cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner and advancing to the second round, Alex Shelley!

Simon – Nice win by Alex Shelley, and he will take on Jimmy Rave during the tournament in a few weeks.

Malenko – Good try by Mike Quackenbush, but he’ll be going back to Philadelphia empty handed, but he did impress some people.

Masters – Like I said before, flippy stuff will not win a match. Mike Quackenbush, you lose. But this next match will have two of my favorite guys, the New Nation.

D’Angelis – The following is a tag team match, scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

Don’t Waste My Time hits and Shelton Benjamin walk to the ring, yelling profanities at the fans and talking smack about The Second City Saints.

D’Angelis – First, weighing in at a combined weight of 450 pounds, Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke, The New Nation!

Copa Cabana hits and Ace Steel and Colt Cabana make their way to the ring, strutting and sing to the entrance theme.

D’Angelis – Their opponents, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing in at a combined weight of 450 pounds, Colt Cabana and Ace Steel, the Second City Saints.

Malenko – A very intriguing matchup, I’m looking forward to who gets the upper hand first.

Simon – The New Nation sent a message to the Saints earlier, let’s see if they can deliver.

Tag Team Match
The New Nation vs The Second City Saints

*Bell Rings*

Elijah Burke and Ace Steel start off the match. Burke immediately starts to rain left and right hands on Steel. Burke spins and attempts a discus elbow smash, but Steel ducks under it and puts Burke in a headlock. Burke pushes Steel away, and he grabs Steel’s head and starts to punch Steel again. A tooth goes flying and Burke whips Steel to his corner. Benjamin tags in Burke, and Benjamin chops Steel a few times, then attempting a monkey flip. He delivers and Steel goes flying halfway across the ring, and he’s able to tag Colt Cabana into the match. Benjamin gets hit with a Colt elbow, and Burke gets in and he’s hit with a lariat. Cabana runs against the ropes and hits a standing splash on Benjamin. Burke is up and he pulls Cabana into an Inverted Atomic Drop. Benjamin kips up and he throws Cabana into the air with a Belly to Belly Suplex. Benjamin tags Burke back in. Benjamin and Burke team up on Cabana, both stomping on him. They push Cabana back and forth like a pinball, and they power Cabana down with a double backbreaker. Burke covers. 1…2… Ace Steel gets in the ring and he breaks up the pinfall.

Steel takes Burke and knocks him to the mat with a leg lariat. Benjamin gets in the ring and he tries to stop a Saint offensive, but he’s hit with a lifting DDT from Steel. Cabana gets back up on his feet, and he helps to attack the New Nation. They pick both opponents up and hit stereo suplexes, then switch men and jump down with leg drops. Cabana covers Burke. 1…2… Kick out. Steel goes back to his corner as Benjamin slowly gets up. Cabana and Burke exchange chops, and Burke jumps and drives his knee into Cabana’s face, forcing him to his corner. Ace Steel gets the tag. He comes in and hits an arm drag on Burke, then following up with an armlock. Burke uses his foot to break the hold. Shelton Benjamin gets in the ring and knocks Steel to the mat with a superkick. Burke and Benjamin double team on Cabana with the two hitting an STO into German Suplex combo.

Masters – See, the Second City Saints are no match to the superiority of the New Nation.

Malenko – Chris, they could kill you if you don’t shut up.

Cabana jumps from a turnbuckle and drives Benjamin out of the ring with a missile dropkick. Ace Steel is up and he takes over, and Cabana gets back to the corner. Steel whips Burke to the corner, but Burke floats over to evade a Steel attack. Steel and Cabana make contact to signal a tag. Cabana slingshots into the ring with a clothesline, and Burke leans on a corner buckle after the impact. Cabana runs towards the corner and squashes Burke with a Flying Asshole. Cabana goes for a back elbow to the corner, but Burke gets a knee up which sends him to the middle of the ring. Shelton Benjamin is up on the apron and springboards, and he knocks Cabana down with a beautiful twisting moonsault. Burke flies off the turnbuckle and drives his elbow right into the chest and sternum area of Cabana. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Cabana. Burke pulls Cabana up and he calls for the 4-Up Combo. He hits the first few punches, but when he goes for the uppercut, Cabana does a surprising back cartwheel to evade it. Burke looks frustrated and he goes for a lariat, and Cabana dodges that one too, and powers Burke to the mat with a gutbuster. He gets the tag to Ace Steel. Ace Steel gets in the ring and Benjamin does too, but he’s not the legal man. Benjamin is caught by Steel and is driven into a STO. Benjamin rolls out of the ring. Burke is up, and he’s dazed. Colt Cabana is in the ring and puts Burke in an electric chair. Ace Steel stands on the outside apron and yells “Doomsday.” He jumps to the rope, but he is knocked off the rope by Shelton Benjamin. Burke flips Cabana over for a reverse hurricanrana, and Benjamin is back in the ring and puts Cabana in a bearhug. Burke bounces off of a rope and hits the Elijah Experience. Benjamin throws Cabana over with a spinning T-Bone Suplex. Cover.
1…2…3!

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke, The New Nation!

Simon – Great showing by the New Nation, in their first match teaming together.
Malenko – Ace Steel looks out of it, he took a huge fall straight on his back from Shelton.

Masters – I called it, the New Nation won, and it isn’t really an upset.

More, More, More hits and Larry Sweeney struts to the ring by himself, he laughs at fans and rolls into the ring. He grabs a mic and begins to speak to the crowd.

Sweeney – Last week, you saw history made, I acquired a new, revamped Dynasty. Not only do they have the future of wrestling in their hands, they now have me, who will bring them to the top even quicker. And today, in this very ring history will be made again.

Fans start to chant “Shut the F*** up” at Sweeney.

Sweeney – Shut up! The only reason you’re lacing your words with profanities is so that you can sound hip. New Jersey is just an atomic waste dump anyways. As I was saying, history will be made as one of the members of My Dynasty; Joey Ryan will advance in the PRIDE Title Tournament. You see, Joey Ryan is someone that could make it to the top of the business, but with me by his side, things will fall into place faster. He has the looks, the fan base, and the dance moves to be a champion anywhere in the world, but I brought him here, consider yourself lucky. Because now, he has all the hookups with my services. He can get anything he wants to satisfy him, to motivate him to reach the top. Whether it’s a bodyguard, or a hot body to bang, he will get it. Very soon, you, you and you will be working for Larry Sweeney and his Dynasty. Now let me bring out the star of tonight’s show. Hit the music…

Magnum PI plays and Joey Ryan walks through the curtain, with a big smile on his face. He steps in the ring and shakes Sweeney’s hand. Larry Sweeney speaks again.

Sweeney – Here he is, praise the glory of the future Pro Wrestling PRIDE Champion. Make this match a quick one, because I have some big plans after the show which includes shots of liquor and 18 year old girls, what you want to do, it’s up to your choosing.

Tear Away hits and Kevin Steen walks to the ring with a focused look. He rolls into the ring and poses a little bit, and flips Larry Sweeney off. Steven D’Angelis steps into the ring and announces the competitors.

D’Angelis – The following is the Main Event. It is a first round match of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Title Tournament. In the white corner, from Los Angeles, California, standing 5 feet 10 inches, weighing 224 pounds, Joey ‘Magnum’ Ryan! (Ryan is booed by the fans.) In the red corner, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada, weighing in at 244 pounds, standing in at 5 feet 11 inches, Kevin Steen!

Main Event
PRIDE Title Tournament
First Round
Joey Ryan vs Kevin Steen

*Bell Rings*

Steen and Ryan lock up. Ryan gets Steen in a headlock, and Steen pushes Ryan away to break. Ryan runs against the ropes and is knocked to the mat with a shoulder block. Steen runs against the ropes and Ryan gets up. Ryan sticks his hand up and Steen crashes into it, and he falls to the mat. Joey gyrates his hips and puts Steen in a headlock. Steen battles up, and counters the headlock into a wristlock. Ryan rolls forward and gets up, and he counters with a wristlock of his own. Ryan dances a little, and Steen rolls out of the wristlock and sweeps Ryan’s legs out. Steen grabs hold of Steen’s arm, rolls and covers. 1…2… Ryan kicks out and gets Steen in a legscissors. Joey puts on the pressure, but Steen bridges for a pin. 1…2… Joey kicks out, and he stand up. As Kevin gets up, he’s knocked to the ground again with a dropkick to the back. Ryan stomps away at Steen, and he is put into another side headlock. Steen makes it to his feet and attempts a back suplex on Ryan, but Joey gets out of it and lands behind Steen. Ryan goes for a German suplex, but it is blocked and Magnum tells Kevin to lose some weight. Steen elbows Joey in the face to get out of the waistlock, and he attempts to turn around. Ryan goes for a clothesline, but Steen ducks under it and goes for a spin kick. Joey catches Steen’s foot and pushes Steen to the ropes. Joey goes for a dropkick to send Steen out of the ring, but Steen moves out of the way and Ryan lands on his stomach. Both get up and they charge at each other. They collide in the ring and hit respective arm drags. After Ryan’s second arm drag, he holds onto Ryan and holds his arm in a submission. Steen rolls backwards and escapes the hold, but Ryan is able to roll Steen up. 1…2… Kick out by Steen and the two get up in a draw. The two stare each other down, and Joey pokes Steen in the eye. Joey runs against the ropes and springboards, but he lands on his feet and gouges Steen’s eye again, tricking him. Ryan grabs Steen for a suplex, and after a few tries, he finally hits it. He bridges into a cover. 1…2… Kick out by Steen.

Joey rolls onto Steen and starts a hammering away at him, forcing the ref to separate them. Joey stands in his corner and waits for Steen to get up. Ryan runs and goes for a hurricanrana, but Steen had the move scouted out perfectly and catches him. He runs with Steen in a powerbomb position, and then throws him to the turnbuckle. Ryan is now slumped onto the bottom turnbuckle. Steen backs up and attempts a Naruki Doi –like Senton, but Ryan rolls out of the ring and Steen’s back crashes onto the bottom turnbuckle and he lands on his shoulders and neck. Larry Sweeney and Joey Ryan start to talk to each other, and Ryan walks to the corner Steen is in. He grabs Kevin’s head and attempts to choke Steen on the ropes, but Steen pulls Ryan’s hands off of his head. Steen rolls out of the ring and Joey Ryan kicks him in the hamstring. Steen limps a little bit, but he strikes back with a hard haymaker that knocked Magnum to the floor. Larry Sweeney walks towards Steen and he tries to go for a low blow. Steen turns around and slaps Sweet & Sour in the face, knocking his sunglasses off of his face. Steen knocks Sweeney in the jaw with a big superkick. Sweeney is out and Joey Ryan jumps Steen from behind and starts to assault him. He grabs him and goes for a floor German Suplex. Steen tries to fight it, but Joey Ryan takes him overhead with the suplex. Joey rolls and goes for a second, but Steen counters with a jawbreaker. Steen goes up the apron and tries to step back into the ring, but Joey Ryan recovered from the jawbreaker quickly and chop blocked the knee of Steen, and he is now kneeling on one knee at the apron. Joey Ryan steps up and tries to push Steen off, but Mr. Wrestling holds onto the ropes and keeps himself from falling. Ryan looks frustrated, and a superkick comes straight at his face. He ducks though, and hooks Steen in for a big move. Steen jabs at Ryan’s chest to counter the upcoming move. Steen lifts him up, but Joey gets back to his feet. Steen gets hit with a stiff elbow, and Joey has the advantage. Both men twist and fly off of the apron and go crashing to the floor, and Joey Ryan just hit a Moustache Ride off of the apron!
1…..2…..3…..4……

Simon – I would really be shocked if this ends in a double countout.

Malenko – I don’t think that’s happening, Joey Ryan is back up on his feet.

5…..6…
Joey Ryan crawls back to the ring, and he catches his breath as the ref counts.
7…..

Kevin Steen is back up, and Larry Sweeney is standing in front of him, Sweeney attempts to punch him in the jaw, but Steen hits an enziguiri on Sweeney, and he’s out once again.
8…..
Steen rolls back into the ring. Joey Ryan stomps the back of Kevin Steen, and then drops his leg onto the back of Steen’s neck, driving his face to the mat. He covers. 1…2… Kick out by Steen. Joey Ryan backs into a corner and calls for his Superkick. Steen gets up and Ryan runs towards him. Ryan kicks his leg up, but just before he makes contact, Kevin Steen caught his foot, sweeped him down to the mat and locks in a sharpshooter. Joey Ryan is caught in the sharpshooter, and Kevin Steen has it locked in. Joey Ryan is about to tap because of the pain, and he tries to crawl to a rope. A weakened Joey Ryan reaches the ropes, and Kevin Steen lets go of the hold. Steen climbs to the top rope while Magnum is still on his back, writhing in pain from the sharpshooter. Steen jumps off and tries a frog splash, and he hits it. The only problem is that Joey Ryan got his boot up and kicked Steen in the face. Joey rolls over onto Steen and gets a lazy cover. 1…2… Kevin got his foot on the bottom rope. Joey Ryan and Kevin Steen are both lying on the mat, both with a lot of energy burned. Joey Ryan kips up as Kevin Steen slowly gets to his feet. Joey bounces off of the ropes and goes for a spear. Kevin Steen catches him and goes for a powerslam counter. Joey Ryan grabs the arms of Steen and tries to put him in an inverted crucifix hold. Steen throws Ryan overhead with a fallaway slam, but as Ryan crashes to the mat, he catches Steen’s head and drives it to the mat with an inverted DDT. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Steen. Joey Ryan is up and he complains to the ref.

Simon – That was a two count indeed, I don’t know why Steen’s arguing with the official.
Malenko – He should turn around because Kevin Steen might knock him out right now.

Kevin Steen turns Joey Ryan around and kicks him in the stomach, and has him hooked for the Package Piledriver. Steen pulls him up, and Steen fights back. He throws Steen across the ring with a headscissors to avoid the impact of the piledriver. Joey Ryan pulls Steen towards a corner, and he wants to set up the Moustache Ride. He brings him up to the middle turnbuckle. Ryan has him hooked for the Ride. He tries to jump off, but Kevin Steen pushes him off of the ropes, and he lands on his back. Kevin Steen jumps to the top turnbuckle, splits and lands on Joey Ryan with a split-legged moonsault. Cover. 1…2… Joey Ryan gets a foot up on a rope. Kevin Steen picks Ryan up and attempts the Go Home Driver. Joey Ryan worms out of it and rolls Steen up, with both legs leaning on the ropes for leverage. 1… The ref stops the cover because of Ryan’s cheating. Both men get up to their feet. They exchange slaps to the face. Ryan spins around and goes for a clothesline. Steen ducks under it and tries a hangman’s neckbreaker. Joey Ryan counters and picks him up, then drops him for a Lifting DDT. Joey climbs to the top rope, and he jumps off for a legdrop. Steen rolls out of the way, and he has Joey Ryan hooked for the Package Piledriver. Joey Ryan counters with a backdrop. Kevin Steen lands on his feet. Joey Ryan goes for a lariat, but Kevin Steen spins Joey around. He hits a superkick to the face of Joey Ryan. He now hooks Joey Ryan for the Package Piledriver. He hits it! Cover.
1…2...3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Kevin Steen!

Kevin Steen celebrates in the ring, as his teammates in Team EGO come to congratulate him.

Malenko – Kevin Steen advances, he will face Samoa Joe in the second round in two weeks.
Simon – Congratulations to him and all the people that advanced.
Masters – Suckup.
Simon – I’m not sucking up, I’m gloating in your face because you wouldn’t even qualify for the tournament.

Malenko – Join us next week for Bracket B of the PRIDE Title Tourney. Thanks for watching Pro Wrestling PRIDE on www.pwPRIDE.com!

Updated Tournament Bracket
Untitled2.jpg

A video highlight package plays to Superhero by Jane’s Addiction. The PRIDE logo flashes again, and the show rolls to credits.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: Mostly all of the match are great that was impressive! My picks will be Evans/Rave and the Tag Match between the New Nation and the Second City Saints.

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: And not only the matches are great but as well as the promos. I'll go for the Mick Foley/Age of the Fall one and the New Nation Promo.

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: Nice show and the tourney is going alright. There are lots of guys in the roster who are champ potentials, I wonder who will be the first Champ. I am looking forward to your next show.

Qwake

bm: The new nation and SCS
bp: I can't decide so ill say all of them
af: great show ill keep reviewing, also check out heyman and dusty's WZW if you want

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE Preview for 3/22

PRIDEBanner.jpg

PRIDE Preview​

3/22/08
Washington, DC
McDonough Gymnasium​

Last week, PRIDE contested the first four matches in the first round of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Heavyweight Championship Tournament. March Madness was in the air as Samoa Joe, Kevin Steen, Jimmy Rave and Alex Shelley advanced to the next round, and inched closer to the Title. After hours of debating and thinking, commissioners Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat came up with the following matches for the right side of the bracket.

Untitled3.jpg

-CM Punk vs Jimmy Jacobs

Last week, Jimmy Jacobs and the Age of the Fall verbally and physically beat down the Hardcore Legend Mick Foley. He is out to bring his revolution to CM Punk, who beat MVP on the debut show for a number 1 seed in the tourney. The New Nation called CM Punk and the Second City Saints out last week, what role will that play in the match?

-Paul London vs Roderick Strong
Paul London has said that he would do anything to become the PRIDE Champion, including jumping off a ceiling to put his opponent away. Roderick Strong wants to bring the highflyer to the ground, and the Messiah of the Backbreaker said this. "Paul London is the type of guy that shouldn't advance past the first round, I don't even know how he got into the tournament. He can fly alright, but you can shoot a bird like him down with a backbreaker any day of the week." Will Roderick justify his words with a victory over Paul London?

-MVP vs ?????
Montel Vontavius Porter claimed that he could roll through anyone for the PRIDE Championship, and he vowed revenge against CM Punk. So this week, Foley and Steamboat put him against someone that's not even on the PRIDE Roster, the freelance bid of Bracket B. Ricky Steamboat said MVP's up for a challenge this week. Will MVP be able to show that he's the Franchise Player of PRIDE without even knowing his opponent?

-Austin Aries vs Paul Burchill
Two of the hardest hitting wrestlers in PRIDE square off for a chance to take on the winner of MVP's match. In the debut show, both men competed, and fought great battles respectively. Austin Aries won the GenNext Four Way Match to show that he is the best Generation Next Alum. Paul Burchill lost to Samoa Joe, but came very close to victory several times. Which rising star will keep flying through the tournament?

Other matches announced are...

Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero vs Human Tornado & JTG
Jay Lethal vs Joey Ryan
Chuck Taylor & El Generico vs Rocky Romero & Davey Richards

Pro Wrestling PRIDE will be live on pwpride.com this Saturday. Don't miss the next show and Pro Wrestling PRIDE action!

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Nice Preview, I wonder who will be MVP's opponent at the tournamnet. This will be an upset if he lose to a Free Agent Superstar.

Qwake

good preview, I am interested in seeing who MVP fights and I also am wondering who will win out of Birchall and Aries

The Rated R CMStar

Tournament is looking really good. I hope CM Punk advances to the next round and so does MVP, doesn't matter who he faces. Austin Aries vs Burchill should be a good match as well. I will be reviewing

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE 3/22/08

0becad6981.jpg

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
3/22/08
McDonough Gym
Washington D.C.

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE Logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints,
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers,
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

Hurrah!
Hurrah!
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the T.V.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!

LethalvsRyan.jpg

Push It by Static X hits and Jay Lethal makes his way to the ring to open the PRIDE show. He’s cheered by the fans as Steven D’Angelis announces his arrival.

D’Angelis – This is the opening contest of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE show, a singles match scheduled for one fall! Coming to the ring, from Elizabeth, New Jersey, standing 5 feet 10 inches, weighing 195 pounds, this is Jay Lethal!

Magnum P.I. hits, but no one comes through the curtain. Jay Lethal grabs the mic.

Lethal – Joey Ryan, you’d better get out here right now, before I beat your ass in the back.

On the projector screen above the entrance stage, a video plays…

Dynasty.jpg

The camera shows a beautiful scene, with palm trees, the sand and the beach. There are some girls lying and sunbathing on the beach. The camera moves in closer, and the cameraman begins to speak…

Cameraman – You see that Jay Lethal, that is where your opponent is now, lying on the beach, not giving a damn about anything in the world. And if my voice sounds familiar, you know who it is. It’s Sweet and Sour Larry Sweeney, coming to you live from Hawaii, with The Dynasty. You see, last week after Joey suffered that crushing loss, I thought that it would be nice to have your favorite stable get refreshed, a mini vacation, if you will. Catching some rays, getting some bitches, and overall having a good time. Let’s see what Joey Ryan has to say about you, Jay Lethal.

Sweeney and the camera walk towards the shore, where Joey Ryan is making out with a girl. Sweeney taps him on the shoulder and he replies.

Joey Ryan – Dammit, Sweeney, you see that my mouth is currently involved in some exercise, why are you coming to me now? Oh, I see OK. Jay Lethal, you little punk. I don’t need to wrestle you ever, I don’t even care to show up to a PRIDE show. You’re pathetic, the only action you were hoping for was the beating you would suffer at my hands. The past three days have been amazing, you wouldn’t know because you’re from Jersey, the biggest garbage can on earth. Anyway, I really have to finish my exercise, my partner is asking for about 100 more reps, and then she’s going to do some more, physical exercise.

Sweeney – There you have it, the man of the hour, Joey Ryan. Now let me take you to Scott Lost and Scorpio Sky, who are just as relaxed as that man.

He walks a few feet down the shore and stops when he sees Lost and Sky, who are a few apart. Scott Lost is chilling under an umbrella, drinking something in a coconut with a girl fanning him. Scorpio Sky is lying on a towel, with women on both of his sides. Sweeney speaks again.

Sweeney – Can one of you girls please take this camera, I want everyone to see me in all my glory.

One of Scorpio’s girls takes the camera, and after almost dropping it, she holds it steady. Sweeney is now standing right in the camera’s view, sitting on the sand.

Sweeney – Jay Lethal, tell your little buddies in the Machine Guns this important news. Once we get back from here, I don’t think we ever will, I have a match planned. This is just so you can get the match you wanted this week. In two weeks, it’ll be you, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin against The Dynasty. Fans, mark this date on your calendar right now, it’ll be the return of your 3 favorite wrestlers, and the best looking man in wrestling today, me. We will all be tan, except Scorpio because he already is. Anyway, we’ll be ready, and refocused in two weeks. In two weeks, you will see why we’re called the Dynasty, it’s not just a tagline. In two weeks, you’ll know not to mess with the Dynasty ever, especially while we’re here in Hawaii. Lady, hit the power button.

The middle of the ring is shown, where Jay Lethal looks puzzled. He walks to the back, and Steven D’Angelis rolls on and announces the next match.

D’Angelis – The following is a singles match in the first round of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Heavyweight Championship title tournament! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 45 Minute Time Limit.

A Victim, A Target hits and Roderick Strong walks through the curtain, getting booed by the fans.

D’Angelis - First, from Tampa, Florida standing at 5 feet 10 inches and 218 pounds, this is Roderick Strong!

Battle Without Honor or Humanity blasts through the gym. Paul London stands at the stage and yells.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Austin, Texas, standing 5 feet 10 inches, weighing 203 pounds, Paul London!

Simon – This is the first actual match of tonight’s show, Paul London will try to fly and take out Roderick Strong.
Malenko – Both guys have to work out of their specialties. Paul London has to go the mat game to beat Roderick Strong, and Strong has to bring the high flyer to the ground.
Masters – This is an even matchup physically, but both guys are very different in styles.

StrongvsLondon.jpg

PRIDE Title Tournament
First Round
Paul London vs Roderick Strong

*Bell Rings*

Both men lock up in the middle of the ring. Strong gets the better of London and pushes him to a rope. The ref breaks it up, and they move back to the middle of the ring, where they lock up again. Strong gets a wristlock onto London and Strong really twists away at London’s left arm. London cartwheels out of it, but Strong locks London back in the hold. London walks towards the turnbuckle, walks on them, spins and arm drags Strong to escape the hold. Strong rolls back up to his feet, and London charges at him. Strong throws him over with an arm drag, but Paul gets up quickly. Strong and London run towards each other, and London throws Strong over with an arm drag of his own. London runs against the ropes, and Strong goes for a clothesline, but Paul ducks and rolls, and stands in the middle of the ring now. Strong goes for a shoulder block, but Paul London leapfrogs Roderick. When London lands, Strong gets a backslide pin onto London. 1… London rolls out and the two are back on their feet. London runs towards Strong whose back is to him. London gets an Oklahoma roll. 1… Strong counters into a small package. 1… London kicks out, and the two stand parallel to each other on opposite sides of the ring. The crowd applauds. London and Strong lock up again, and Strong gets London into a cravate. Strong wants to bring Paul to the mat with a takeover, but Paul blocks it and pushes Strong against the ropes. London attempts a round kick, and he hits nothing but air, and Roddy puts Paul back in a cravate. Strong forces London to the mat with a cravate, and he runs against the ropes. He slides and his feet make contact with the lower back of Paul London. Strong scrambles to London and brings elbows down to the shoulder and neck area of his opponent. He drives his knee to the back and puts London in a bow and arrow hold.

Strong pulls back on London, using his feet to apply pressure, switching from his knee. London fights out of it, and he gets to his knees, trying to get to his feet. London gets finally up, and puts Strong in a side headlock. Strong counters with a back suplex dropped into a backbreaker. Strong puts London in a half nelson, and he powers London to his knee again with another backbreaker. He covers. 1…2… London kicks out of it, and he pulls London to his feet. Strong still has control over London, and he attempts a belly to belly suplex. London is thrown over with the suplex, but he rotates in midair to roll in a safe position. Strong gets up and he gets nailed with a dropkick. The force of the dropkick throws Strong against the ropes, and London trips him with a drop toe hold. Strong’s face lands on the bottom rope. London gestures to the crowd and holds the ropes. He goes up and over, and dropkicks Strong in the face. Strong stands on the apron again, and he calls for a springboard move. Strong recovers slowly, and he finally gets to his feet after some struggle. London bounces off the top rope, and goes for a headscissors. Strong catches him and throws him to the mat with a spinebuster. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Paul London. London is the first to get up, and he springboards against the ropes and DDT’s Roderick straight on his head. Roderick gets up, not feeling the pain of the last move. Roderick tries to whip Paul to a turnbuckle, but Paul counters by tossing Strong against the rope. Paul runs across the body of London, a la Tiger Mask. London now runs and dropkicks Strong in the Corner. Paul London climbs to the top rope and looks like he’s going to hit a big move. London jumps up and grabs Roderick’s head for a cutter, but Roderick uses his power to catch London, pull him up and drop him on his head with an inverted brainbuster.

Masters – That’s a good move by Strong. I can’t stand high flyers. I’d rather watch Vince McMahon wrestle.

Simon – It’s all because you’re jealous that you can’t take it to the air.

Strong covers. 1…2… London kicks out. Strong rolls over and gets on his feet, then grabbing London’s legs. The Boston Crab is damaging the back of Paul London. London grabs a rope and thankfully escapes the submission. Strong stomps at the back of London, and he rolls away to avoid the feet of Strong. London uses the ropes to get up, and Strong runs and goes for a running knee. Strong misses, and London grabs the head of Roderick and drives it to the mat with a DDT. London covers. 1…2… Strong kicks out. London gets to his feet, and he springboards. He twists in midair, but has to land on his feet when Strong sticks out his hand. Paul tries to throw Strong to the corner, but he counters and throws Paul towards the turnbuckle. Strong follows, but Paul stops himself, jumps to the middle turnbuckle and bounces off. He hits Strong with a back elbow. Paul rolls back and gets to his feet. He waits for Strong to get up. Strong gets up and he sprints towards him. Paul jumps and goes for an enziguiri. He nails it, and Strong fell face first. London jumps and lands on Strong’s back with a moonsault. London rolls Strong up. 1…2… Strong kicks out. Strong gets to his feet and Paul London hits him with a flying forearm, sending Strong backwards into a turnbuckle. London goes for a corner leg lariat, but Strong moves out of the way.

Paul London is leaning against a rope, and Strong just starts to chop the hell out of him. London’s chest turns bright red, and Strong hooks London for a suplex. He picks Paul up, and uses the ropes as a slingshot. Strong spins London around and throws him forward on his back with a sitout suplex slam. Strong hooks both legs and covers. 1…2… London kicks out. Strong rolls London over and he locks in the Strong Hold! London rolls out with a lot of trouble to what could’ve been the end of the match. Strong backs to the corner and calls for a Lariat. London gets up and sees Strong coming and dropsaults him in the face. London mushroom stomps his opponent’s chest. He goes for a double jump moonsault, and London modifies it to a split leg. He lands right on Strong and covers. 1…2… Strong kicked out. London pulls Strong up to stand. London picks Strong up and hits a fallaway slam to a bridge. 1…2… London grabs the head of Strong and gets him in a Guillotine choke. The fans are on their feet now, and Strong might tap out. Strong tries to reach a rope and he does. London lets go and he goes to the top rope. Strong gets up and he sees London about to fly, and knocks him off of his feet. Strong is setting up a top rope capture suplex. London pushes Strong off of him, and Strong falls to the mat. London signals the 450 Splash. He jumps off and Strong moves out of the way. London lands on his feet to avoid hurting himself, but Strong spins him around and puts him in a fireman’s carry. London spins out and goes for a Tornado DDT, but Strong blocked it and dropped to his knees. London now hooks himself for a suplex. He lifts Strong up, but London can’t hit it when Roderick drops to his feet. London turns around and is hit with a big forearm and chops by Strong. Roderick hooks the arms of London, and lifts him up. He pulls him up and hits the Gibson Driver! Cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*​

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Roderick Strong!

Roderick_Strong7.jpg

Malenko – Roderick Strong won by adapting to London’s style and using it to his advantage.

Simon – Look what he’s doing now, he’s just slapping London in the face.

Masters – He won, so he can do whatever he wants.
Malenko – Jimmy Jacobs and The Age of the Fall are backstage and they have something to say, so we’re going to throw it over to them.

AOTF.jpg

Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Lacey and Harry Smith are shown backstage now, in a darkly lit area, with a blank white wall. All 4 members are in street clothes, all black.

Lacey – For the past 2 weeks, The Age of the Fall have made a splash here in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. Though there’s only been 1 match featuring my men, we have made a bigger impact outside of the ring. Because we’re the reason why PRIDE has been called the hottest promotion in the world right now. The fans aren’t there to see Samoa Joe, CM Punk or Austin Aries wrestle; they are the soldiers of our revolution. Our revolution against the plastic Barbie dolls we see in WWE and TNA. A revolution against people that completely whore themselves out for a paycheck. A revolution against the cookie cutter, generic people that you see walking down the street, that have no mind of their own, just following the trends of today’s messed up world.

She stops speaking and lets Jimmy Jacobs do the talking now.

Jacobs – When you mentioned the word sellout, I know just who to mention. As a matter of fact, he’s my opponent tonight. The man I’m talking about is CM Punk. Here is a guy with a perfect dose of Mick Foley Syndrome. A guy that was different, someone that was getting critical acclaim everywhere he went, from the lifestyle that he lived and the matches he wrestled in, he was already a star. But one day 3 years ago, he signed a contract with the WWE. He signed the contract that would end his life and credibility as we know it. He was the King of the Indies, why would he leave? He already knew what Vince McMahon would do with him, but he still did it. But I guess money and glory was all that was on his mind, and he accepted the turmoil that was about to go his way. So he went down to Ohio to train, to lose his style, and lose who he was. They made him Ashton Kutcher-lite, punking people out like a teenage girl. And after a few months there, he was called up to WWECW.

Tyler Black speaks and continues the story.

Black – In ECW, he was being touted as the next big thing in the world of ‘sports entertainment.’ Next big Thing was right, because he was now a WWE robot. Wrestling the WWE style, becoming an object, not a person. He lost all his former personality, the old CM Punk was no more. All he became was a t-shirt, or an action figure, or a Pay Per View buy for all the people of the world. As I saw this, I became sick to my stomach. A man I once looked up to for help in this business was now among the likes of such people as Triple H and the Undertaker. After a few more months of whoring himself, he became champion. He was already dead. And eventually, he left the WWE. He came here, never to regain the respect he once had.

Jimmy Jacobs begins to speak again.

Jacobs – That was the true story of how much people will do for a buck. And when I take him on later, I will show him why he shouldn’t have sold him self out. But it all really doesn’t matter, because the Age of the Fall is above wrestling. This revolution is getting bigger and bigger with every minute that passes by on the clock. The PRIDE title will just be a figure of our power. The world is watching us now, the Age of the Fall is why everyone pays for a ticket. We’re not selling ourselves like prostitutes, we are being who we are, showing our true personalities. Fighting for a cause that will be won in the distant future.

Harry Smith starts to speak now, and he has an angry look on his face and his body language.

H. Smith – No, we’re not forgetting about Mick Foley. Foley was too scared to come today, and his co-commissioner Ricky Steamboat is here to oversee today’s show. But I have a proposition, to tie things up. I know that CM Punk and Ricky Steamboat are pretty close, to the point where The Dragon probably could’ve gotten Punker a job with WWE. So tonight Ricky Steamboat, I want you to come to the ring and watch Jimmy Jacobs take on CM Punk. You’ll be quite impressed, your friend and student will see defeat come like a whirlwind. And so what if you see yourself and Punk get beat down, that’s fine. You’ll see and realize that the Age of the Fall is more than just a team, we are a Revolution.

The camera fades out and the middle of the ring is now shown. Steven D’Angelis announces the next match.

D’Angelis – The following is a tag team match, scheduled for one fall, under a 30 minute time limit!

We are the Champions plays through the speakers. Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli walk to the ring, with Prince Nana by their side.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, weighing at a combined weight of 475 pounds being accompanied by Prince Nana, Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero, The Kings of Professional Wrestling!

Trauma Squad echoes through the arena. JTG and Human Tornado walk through the ring, hyped up, with Julius Smokes.

D’Angelis – Their opponent, weighing in at a combined weight of 415 pounds, coming to the ring with Julius Smokes, The Human Tornado and JTG, the Vulture Squad 2.0!

Malenko – Last week, Jack Evans and Jimmy Rave fought a fairly even match, but when Prince Nana got involved, he knocked Evans out with a chair. It cost Jack a spot in the next round of the tournament.
Simon – So this week, we’ll see the rest of their crews battle it out.

KOWvsVS2-0.jpg

Tag Team Match
The Kings of Wrestling vs the Vulture Squad 2.0

*Bell Rings*

Tornado and Claudio start it off. Claudio doesn’t lock up, and he flexes, saying he’s too strong. He grabs Tornado’s arm and puts it in a wrist lock. Tornado cartwheels to get out of it, and he dances and does an arm wave, and Claudio passes it back. Tornado lets go and he dances some more, then he challenges Claudio to top him. Claudio does some fancy footwork, then clotheslines Tornado. He holds the legs of Tornado, and he starts to swing him around. After about 10 seconds of spinning, Human Tornado gets let go, and he lands on his butt, in the corner of Claudio and Hero. Claudio looks a little dizzy, and he almost tagged JTG, but he turns around and gets the tag to Hero. Hero gets in and stomps at Tornado, and Claudio and Hero double team. Claudio monkey flips his opponent, and when Tornado lands, Hero splashes down on him, covering him in the process. 1…2… Kick out by Tornado. Hero pulls Tornado up and puts him in a signature cravate. Chris Hero pulls Tornado up for a Cravate Suplex, but Tornado counters with a kick to the top of Hero’s head while he was held up. Tornado falls to his feet and runs against the ropes. Hero catches him and goes for the Hero Sandwich. The Human Tornado counters with a beautiful arm drag to send Hero away. Hero runs towards Tornado, but the Vulture Squad member drops to his back and throws Hero over with a monkey flip. Tornado kicks up and gets the tag to JTG. He comes in and cleans house, hitting a leg lariat on Hero and throwing Claudio over with a hip toss. Prince Nana gets in the ring now too, and JTG picks him up over his head and throws him out of the ring. Chris Hero takes Advantage of the distracted JTG, and he spins him around and grabs his head. He kicks his leg and brings JTG’s head to the mat with a DDT. Cover by Hero. 1…2… Kick out by JTG. Both wrestlers get to their feet. JTG runs against the ropes and the Human Tornado gets a blind tag in. Tornado jumps off the top rope and sends him backwards with a Liu Kang flying kick. Tornado and JTG knock Claudio off the apron and they aim for Chris Hero now. JTG whips Hero against the ropes. JTG pulls him up in a powerslam position, and Tornado spin kicks the face of Hero, and JTG slams him to the mat. Tornado dives and drops both legs on Hero, and he covers. 1…2…

Masters – Don’t worry, black Bruce Lee will be disciplined by the Kings of Wrestling in a couple of seconds. And they’ve got Prince Nana backing them up, so it won’t be a problem.

Simon – Don’t forget about Julius Smokes on the Vulture side, he could kill Nana.

Tornado drags Hero to his corner and tags JTG back in. the two try to double suplex Hero. They pull him up, but he slips out. Chris runs against the ropes and sticks both arms out, clotheslining JTG and the Human Tornado. Hero gets up and tags in Claudio Castagnoli. Claudio runs in and uppercuts JTG and Tornado. Claudio slams JTG to the mat and boots Tornado out of the ring. Castagnoli pulls JTG up and he spins and hits him right in the jaw with a very strong uppercut. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by JTG. Claudio tags Chris Hero in. Hero and Castagnoli make their Wonder Twins power activate and double elbow drop a downed JTG. They team again and pull JTG up for a double Ricola Bomb. Before they could get him up, The Human Tornado springboards into the ring and corkscrew kicks both of his opponents. Tornado and JTG are double teaming now, and they’re on the offensive. Claudio gets up and Tornado dropkicks him. JTG catches him falling and drives him to the mat with a Russian legsweep. Tornado springboards against the second rope and drops a leg on Claudio. Hero is up and Tornado gets him with a Pimp Slap. Tornado whips him against the ropes and JTG catches him and drives him to the mat with a spinebuster, with Tornado assisting with a reverse DDT to add more impact. Hero rolls out of the ring.

Julius Smokes tells them to finish it up, and they wait for Claudio to get to his feet. When Claudio finally gets up, the Vulture Squad sets up for a DND/G-9 combo to finish him off. Tornado goes behind him and hooks the leg. Claudio counters by breaking the leg hook and elbowing him in the face. Claudio keenly gets out of the ring as fast as he can. JTG follows, and they brawl outside the ring. The Human Tornado is the last man left in the ring and he somersault sentons out of the ring and hits his partner and the opponent. Chris Hero slides back into the ring. He distracts the ref by commenting on his very shiny shoes. While this is happening, Prince Nana gets to Tornado and kicks him in the balls. JTG is up and Nana does the same to him. JTG is slid back into the ring by Prince Nana. Julius Smokes rushes over and knocks Nana down, and starts to unload with big punches on him. Claudio Castagnoli is up and he slides back into the ring. Hero and Castagnoli pick JTG up again. Just for safety, they kick him in the balls again, with the ref not looking. They flip him over and hit the K.R.S.O.N.E! Double cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*​

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero, the Kings of Wrestling!

Chris_Hero2.jpg

Claudio_Castagnol2.jpg

Masters – Way to return for the Kings of Wrestling, getting the victory and defeating the Vulture Squad.

Malenko – And they can only win with Prince Nana’s help, thankfully Julius Smokes finally got to him.
Simon – And the two fought all the way to the back, I want to see who won that brawl.

MVPvsUnkown.jpg

D’Angelis – The following is a first round singles match in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Heavyweight Title Tournament scheduled for one fall, under a 45 minute time limit!

I’m Comin’ hits and MVP steps through the curtain. MVP gets booed by the fans as he heads towards the squared circle.

D’Angelis – Coming to the ring, from Miami, Florida, standing 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing in at 243 pounds, Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP!

He stretches in the ring, waiting for what’s to come. Ricky Steamboat walks through the curtain, with a microphone in hand.

Ricky – So MVP, you made it clear when you said that you could beat anyone on your way to the PRIDE Championship. So for the past two weeks, I’ve been doing some research, doing some scouting to see who you could match up with in this tournament. After some struggle, I finally got it. I can truly say that your opponent tonight is a Warrior.

Steamboat walks to the back, with a smile on his face. MVP looks puzzled to who his opponent will be. The lights go dim. Lights begin to flash. And a song starts to play, ‘Fighter’s Passion.’ A man familiar to some, unknown by others steps through the curtain.

Low_Ki7.jpg

Low Ki stands at the stage, and the fans go wild. He walks to the ring and yells.

Simon – What an announcement by Ricky Steamboat, by bringing in Low Ki, one of the stiffest, the most passionate, the most competitive people in the world to face Montel Vontavius Porter.

Malenko – MVP’s style isn’t really that of a striker, he’s more of a grappler, more of a psychological master. I want to see if MVP can match up with Low Ki strike for strike.
Masters – I’m surprised, I actually think MVP has a challenge today. Ki’s been a champ everywhere he’s been, he might just get an upset tonight.

PRIDE Title Tournament
First Round
MVP vs Low Ki

*Bell Rings*

The two opponents circle each other in the ring for a little bit, and the two then get in a low test of strength. Low Ki kicks MVP in the hamstring quickly, and breaks up the hold. MVP hops around the ring clenching his leg. The two lock up in a test of strength again, and Ki tries to get a quick kick back to MVP, but Ki gets brought to the mat with a double leg takedown. MVP tries to punch at him, but Ki blocks it, pushing the face of Porter away. MVP rolls out and puts Low Ki into a cross arm breaker, but Ki gets to his feet and grabs the rope. MVP pulls him back to the middle of the ring and gets him in a headlock. Montel knocks him to the floor and Ki switches positions and rolls him over, and he starts to punch MVP very stiff in the head and face. Ki gets a modified armbreaker on him, and MVP rolls to his stomach with Ki wrapping him up in a body scissors, still locked. Ki forearms MVP brutally, and it busts MVP’s nose open in a bloody mess. MVP rolls to a seated position, and Ki tries to go for a rear naked choke, and he elbows and forearms the head area of Montel Vontavius Porter. He has him and MVP’s head is rattled with headbutts from Low Ki. Ki locks in the rear naked choke. MVP elbows the arm of the Warrior and neutralizes the choke. MVP breaks out of the body scissors and gets Low Ki in a camel clutch. MVP pulls Low Ki by the nose, and he starts to bring his arms across Ki’s face with cross forearms. A tooth flies out of the mouth of Low Ki with the last forearm. MVP rolls to his back and tries to lock in a rear naked choke, but Low Ki turns to his stomach and bridges out.

Both Porter and Low Ki get to their feet. MVP pushes Ki towards the ropes and tries to pummel him with hand strikes. Ki holds the head of MVP and starts to smash his palm against his nose. MVP gets Ki’s hands off and goes for a forearm, but it’s blocked and Low Ki pushes MVP backwards and goes for a big roundhouse kick. MVP blocks it, and the two catch their breath on opposite turnbuckles. They attempt to lock up, but MVP tries to strike at Low Ki again. Low Ki knocks him to his stomach and gets a front headlock on him. Ki drives both of his knees towards the head of MVP. Ki lets go and runs against the ropes. He jumps up and stomps the FACE of MVP, further damaging the nose of MVP. He covers. 1…2… Kick out by MVP. Low Ki pulls MVP up to a seated position. Low Ki hits several quick, stiff kicks to the chest of MVP. Low Ki pauses, and then hits a big roundhouse kick to the face of MVP. Low Ki gets on MVP and starts to strike his body. MVP catches one of Ki’s arms and puts it in an armbreaker. Low Ki bridges out of it. Both get to their feet. MVP tries to get Low Ki in a cobra clutch, but Low Ki elbows back at the face of MVP. To counter getting hurt, MVP dropped Ki to the mat with a very emphatic back suplex. Porter waits for Ki to get back to his feet, and when he does, he snapmares Ki to the mat and starts to chop at his back. MVP runs against the ropes and tries the Player’s Boot. He hits Low Ki square in the face perfectly. MVP covers. 1…2… Kick out by Ki. MVP is up and drops his knee on the newly kicked face of Low Ki, and MVP pulls Low Ki up to their feet. Montel gets a waistlock onto Low Ki, and he powers him overhead with a German suplex. He rolls over and up and tries another and releases, but Low Ki landed on his feet. Ki runs towards MVP and goes for a Mongolian chop, but the attempt is blocked by Porter and Low Ki is brought overhead with a belly to belly suplex. MVP goes for a cover, but Low Ki kicked MVP on the side of the head before he could get the cover. MVP falls to his face and Low Ki tries to capitalize with a double armbar. MVP gets a foot on the ropes before the hold I fully synched in. The two separate and get to their feet.

Simon – Still an even matchup with a lot of time already passed.

Masters – MVP doesn’t even need to pin Low Ki, he just has to get the victory any way possible.

MVP and Low Ki go at it again on their feet. MVP goes behind and goes for a back submission, but Low Ki flips over and makes contact with the back of MVP’s head. Low Ki whips MVP against the ropes now, and he cartwheels. Low Ki tried to go for a high kick, but MVP moved out of the way. MVP taunts Low Ki and this just gets the Warrior angry. MVP runs towards his opponent, and Low Ki round kicks MVP so hard that you could hear bones crack. Montel was hit straight in the face with that kick, and he is knocked out, and falls to the mat. Low Ki goes to the top rope and calls for the Phoenix Splash. He jumps off, but his chest meets the knees of Montel Vontavius Porter. MVP gets up and he runs against the ropes. He tried to smash his knee into Low Ki’s face, but Ki caught his leg and chops MVP in the chest. Low Ki now spins the leg to drive MVP to the mat. MVP rolls out of the ring. He catches his breath and Low Ki just waits. When MVP decides to get back in the ring, Low Ki grabs his body and hangs it on the middle rope, and locks in a Dragon Clutch. He yells for MVP to tap, but MVP punches upwards and hits Ki right in the face and breaks the painful submission. Low Ki staggers backwards and MVP gets to his feet. Porter runs towards Low Ki and he clotheslines him with all he had. A bloody MVP covers. 1…2… Big kick out by Low Ki. MVP runs against the ropes and goes for an elbow drop, and as he falls to the ground, Low Ki kicked the back of his head. Low Ki gets up to his feet and he hits some martial arts strikes to MVP. He pulls him up and he goes for the Ki Crusher. MVP strikes Low Ki’s head and worms his way out of the deadly move. Low Ki kicks MVP again, but he blocks it. Low Ki hits MVP with a stiff forearm, and Porter falls straight to the floor. Suddenly, Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin run in from the crowd and slide into the ring. They pick MVP up and punch him in the face. The ref calls for the bell.

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner by disqualification, Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP!

MVP12.jpg

MVP, Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke congratulate each other in the ring, taunting Low Ki. They attack him, and they do their Black Attack finisher on Low Ki, and they leave the ring, laughing and making fun of the fans.

Malenko – What a cheap win by MVP, costing Low Ki what should’ve been a victory and a chance to advance in the PRIDE Title Tournament.
Masters – You might not have liked it, but he got the job done.

Simon – Low Ki showed everyone that he could’ve beaten MVP, but now Low Ki has to go back home empty handed.

--------INTERMISSION--------​

CM_Punk17.jpg

CM Punk is shown, warming up for his match, wearing his ring jacket. He’s outside in the dark D.C. night, and a small light from the door shines on him. He sees the camera and begins to speak…

CM Punk – For my whole life I’ve been fighting. From the streets of Chicago as a kid to today, I’ve been fighting people that doubt me, people that think I’m just a street kid that is going nowhere. And since the day I’ve been born, I’ve been proving people wrong. Even today, people call me a sellout, people call me overrated, and so much more that it can’t fit in a 3 hour show. And tonight I begin the biggest fight of my professional wrestling career. It all begins tonight against Jimmy Jacobs. I make my way towards the PRIDE Championship. And this isn’t only a fight against my opponents, this is a fight against the fans that lost interest in me when I went to that good old promotion based in Stamford.

He pauses and paces back and forth.

CM Punk – Later tonight, I take on Jimmy Jacobs. Jimmy Jacobs is a man I once called my friend a couple of years ago, when he was running around the ring shouting Huss. In fact, we even used to travel together, sharing stories about our life while driving from one town to another from the nicest places we’ve ever seen to carnivals and bars. When I agreed to wrestle here at PRIDE, I actually was looking forward to speaking to my old friend again. But at the first show, I saw that he changed. He didn’t even acknowledge me or anyone else, he just stuck with his new friends in the Age of the Fall. I saw that one of my best friends in this business a couple of years ago had turned his back on his past, he turned his back on the people he once called friends, people he was so thankful to. Him and the Age of the Fall thought they were above everyone else, proclaiming their Revolution like a preacher in a church. The only words he’s said to me are ‘I hate you’ and ‘you sold out Punk.’ And when I won that match against MVP at the first show, I knew he was the one I wanted to wrestle for this tournament. Show him that I am not a sellout, just someone who tried to make a good decision for himself in the future. Jimmy Jacobs’ Revolution is just a way for him to gain revenge on the people who were better than him. He just wants the world to be like him, to strive on our losses. But the only way I can combat that is not fight it or join it. All I say to that is that he can take his goddamn revolution and stick it up his ass. Because I’m part of another, better Revolution. That Revolution is called straight edge. Discipline, pride and strength are what it calls for, unlike Jimmy’s bitching and whining war. My revolution is against those like Jimmy Jacobs that have been sent down the wrong path by addictions like drugs, because ever since Jimmy got knee surgery, that’s when he started to change. Later tonight, Jimmy Jacobs, the Age of the fall and their Revolution will be brought down by me. Because that’s what Straight Edge is, it means that I’m better than you, Jimmy Jacobs.

The camera now shows the middle of the ring, where Steven D’Angelis announces the upcoming match.

D’Angelis – The following match is a first round contest in the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship tournament scheduled for one fall, under a 45 minute time limit!

Personal Jesus starts to play and Austin Aries busts through the curtain with energy. He is booed by the fans as he walks to the ring.

D’Angelis – First, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 207 pounds, Austin Aries!

Immigrant Song hits and Paul Burchill stands at the stage, getting a big reaction from the fans.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Chelsea, England weighing 241 pounds, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, Paul Burchill!

Simon – This will be competitive, but Austin Aries could have trouble trying to knock down the much bigger Paul Burchill.

Malenko – Aries has fought his battles with big men before, and he’s held his own. Burchill could be the less confident one, seeing that Aries has the stronger track record.

AriesvsBurchill.jpg

PRIDE Title Tournament
First Round
Austin Aries vs Paul Burchill

*Bell Rings*

Aries immediately jumps Burchill, hitting wild left and right hands onto him in the corner. Aries hits a knee and backs up. He runs and it looks like he’s going to go for a corner forearm smash. But he abruptly stops and pokes Burchill in the eye. Aries moves the bigger Burchill to the middle of the ring and whips him against the ropes. Burchill picks Aries up and drops him with a flapjack. Burchill quickly goes for a figure 4 neck lock, trying to wear down his opponent. Aries rolls over and bridges over and out, pulling the legs of Burchill unnaturally. The two are kneeling on opposite sides of the ring, and they get to their feet and lock up. Aries gets put in a headlock by Paul, and he’s taken down to the mat. Aries tries to get his leg in for a reversal, and he uses both legs to get him in a legscissors. Burchill rolls to his left and gets on both of his feet and he tries to escape it. Burchill stands on his head and knocks Aries to his back and covers. 1… Kick out. The two get to their feet in the middle of the ring. Aries gets Burchill in a side headlock, and tries to take him down, but it’s blocked. Aries tries to take Burchill to the mat again, but he blocks once more. Burchill grabs the close leg of Aries and picks him up, driving him down with a back suplex. Aries is seated, holding the back of his head. Burchill dropkicks that area, and runs against the ropes and goes for a knee drop. Aries rolled out of the way and gets up, and he kicks a kneeling Burchill in the right shoulder. Aries goes back to the headlock. Burchill pushes Austin away, and after he hits the ropes, puts Burchill back in a side headlock.

Malenko – Nice strategy by Austin Aries, he knows that he can’t overpower Burchill with his impact moves, and he wants to soften Paul Burchill up to get a victory.
Masters – Or he could just kick him in the balls, that always gets them done.

Burchill pushes Aries out of the headlock again. Aries bounces off the ropes and tries to shoulder block Burchill to the mat. He hits him but Burchill doesn’t budge and Aries runs against the ropes again. Burchill jumps up and dropkicks Aries in the face. Burchill runs against the ropes and Austin gets up. Burchill runs against the ropes again, and Aries runs against the opposite set of ropes. Aries dropkicks the knee of Paul Burchill to bring him down. Aries kicks Burchill stiff in the chest, and he stomps at the knee he just dropkicked. Burchill rolls to his stomach, and Aries ties up his legs and puts him in an STF. Burchill grabs the rope and Aries backs away, and waits for Burchill to get up. Austin runs against the ropes and dropkicks Burchill’s knee again. Aries goes to Burchill and hooks his leg and picks him up. He brings him back down and drops him across his leg with a kneebreaker. He follows up with the same move again, and takes him back with a side suplex. He bridges with a cover. 1…2… Burchill kicks out. They get to their feet, and Burchill favors his knee. Aries starts to chop Burchill, and he counters with some forearms. Aries is sent backwards after a final shot, and Burchill gets Aries on his shoulders. He throws him over and kicks him hard in the midsection. Aries is breathing short breaths, and is winded after that move. Burchill gets Aries up and sets up for a move. He brings him over his head with a Northern Lights Suplex and he rolls with Aries across his back. He gets up and walks a few steps, then drops him down with an Air Raid Crash.

Simon – Nice move by Paul Burchill, that was straight out of the Hollywood Nova playbook. That will get an opponent hurt anytime, anywhere.

Malenko – Burchill’s just using his power now, and isn’t using that weak upper leg as much as Aries thought.

Burchill covers. 1…2… Kick out. Aries is still lying on his back, trying to get some air. Burchill stands and plays to the crowd, and then splashes onto Aries with a moonsault. Paul covers Aries. 1…2… Kick out by Aries. Burchill brings Aries to his feet, and he lifts his knee onto Aries’ face. Burchill grabs Austin and he goes for a vertical suplex move. A tired Aries retaliates, and he counters with a big DDT, driving Burchill’s head hard onto the mat. Aries is still trying to breathe properly, and can’t cover Aries. Burchill is first to get up, and Aries follows, and he jumps back up with a stiff forearm to the face. Aries explodes onto Burchill and starts to forearm the bigger man, and they make it to the middle of the ring. He chops, knees and punches Burchill, and he hooks him over for a suplex. He hits it and rolls over and attempts a brainbuster. Burchill fights out of it and swing over and falls to his back with a neckbreaker on Aries. Cover. 1…2… Aries kicks out emphatically. Burchill gets to his feet and stands in the corner, waiting in the corner for Aries to get up, like a bird watching its prey. Aries gets up, clutching the back of his head. Burchill bounces off the second turnbuckle and goes for a flying spear, but Aries moves out of the way. Burchill rolls through and Aries tosses him against the ropes. Burchill hangs onto the ropes to avoid running into Aries. He charges at Paul, and he gets sent up and over the rope by Paul Burchill. Burchill turns around and tries to knock Aries off the apron, but Aries gets a low shoulder block on him and he looks weak. Aries forearms Burchill and he falls to the mat. Austin Aries slingshots into the ring and drops his leg onto the knee of Paul Burchill. He covers. 1…2… Burchill reached a rope with his left hand. Aries gets up and drops his signature spinning elbow drop on Burchill. He covers again. 1…2… Burchill kicks out. Aries isn’t fazed by the kickout and he runs against the ropes. He baseball slides the legs of Burchill and Paul falls out of the ring. Burchill gets up and Aries runs full speed against the ropes. He flies out of the ring between the middle and top ropes, and hits Paul Burchill like a missile. The ref starts to count.
1…..2…..3…..
Both men are down, and they took lots of pain from the last move. Burchill gets up first and he tries to get back in the ring, but Aries pulls his leg and brings him back to the floor. Aries is up and the two exchange stiff chops. Burchill throws in a headbutt but Aries is still standing. Aries throws Burchill to the guardrail, and Burchill’s back hits hard against it.
4…..5…..
Aries runs quickly towards his opponent, but Burchill goes to the fan’s side of the guardrail to avoid the move. Aries’ chest hit the guardrail and made a big impact. Burchill throws Aries to the fan’s section, and Aries is standing on weak legs. Aries lands on a chair, and he’s sitting on it.
6…..7…..
Burchill climbs up on the guardrail, and he looks at Aries to see what he can do. Aries is back up on his feet and tries to knock Paul off, but Burchill gets to the ground just in the nick of time. Burchill grabs Austin and drives him to the hard floor with an STO. Burchill gets back up on the guardrail, and he struggles to get balanced. Burchill finally stands straight on the rail, and he moonsaults off. He lands on the chest of Austin Aries, and both men are down. The fans are on their feet for what they just saw. The ref continues his count…
8…..9…..10!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – As a result of a double count out, this match has been ruled a draw!

Simon – Both guys could’ve gone a lot longer, but because of the double count out, they can’t.

Malenko – I’m wondering what happens next week in the rest of the tournament. The winner was supposed to face MVP, but because of the draw, I have no clue how Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat are going to fix this.
Masters – All they need to do is kick them out of the tournament, no one was victorious, and they were going to lose to MVP anyways, so it’s sparing them a plane ticket and seeing their ugly faces.

Simon – But fans, stay seated because up next we’ve got another big match. It’s the NRC of Davey Richards and Rocky Romero against Team EGO, with Chuck Taylor and El Generico.

A Victim, A Target blasts echoes through McDonough Gym as Davey Richards and Rocky Romero walk through the curtain, getting booed loudly by the fans.

D’Angelis – Making their way to the ring, weighing in at a combined weight of 390 pounds, Rocky Romero and Davey Richards, the No Remorse Corps!

Ole! Blasts and the fans sing along. El Generico and Chuck Taylor jog to the ring, and Chuck Taylor screams at a little kid in the front row.

D’Angelis – Their opponents, weighing at a combined weight of 380 pounds, El Generico and Chuck Taylor, Team EGO!

Malenko – This is a match with very conflicting styles. The NRC are psychological, stiff wrestlers that can strike someone’s head off, and Team EGO is the team that can fly and pick up the pace of a match.

Simon – Romero & Richards have more experience together, as they’re the reigning ROH Tag Champions. But from what I’ve been hearing, Chuck Taylor and El Generico have been working hard on the road learning each other’s styles with Kevin Steen. It’s a fairly even matchup.
Masters – I hate little people…

NRCvsEGO.jpg

Tag Team Match

No Remorse Corps vs. Team EGO

*Bell Rings*

Davey Richards and El Generico start this one up, and they circle each other in the ring. The crowd chants Ole and Rocky Romero does his Azucar dance on the apron, and tries to start an NRC chant, but they boo Romero. Richards and Generico circle each other, and they finally lock up. Davey Richards gets the quick ad vantage as he goes behind Generico and puts him in a waistlock. Generico tries to break it, but Richards still holds on strong, no pun intended on their captain Roderick. Generico blocks a takedown attempt and there is a standing switch. Richards elbow at Generico’s mask, and Generico takes the stronger Richards down on his stomach. Generico runs against the ropes and baseball slides the face of Davey, and then gets him in a headlock. Davey Richards counters into a hammerlock, and Generico fights to his feet. Generico counters with a wristlock, and tries to Russian Legsweep Davey Richards to the mat. This attempt doesn’t work, and Davey Richards breaks the wristlock and snap suplexes El Generico. Richards gets up and tags Rocky Romero in. Romero stomps at the body of Generico, and then he spins his foot around the face of Generico as a sign of disrespect. Romero pulls Generico up and whips him against the ropes. Romero runs against the opposite ropes and uses his momentum to dropkick Generico in the face. Romero tags Davey Richards back in.

El Generico gets up and gets lifted up by Davey Richards in a suplex. Rocky Romero jumps off the second rope and dropkicks Generico in the chest, and Davey drops him down with the suplex. Rocky Romero gets up and he does his Azucar dance to the dismay of the fans. Davey Richards covers. 1…2… Kick out. Both opponents get to their feet, and El Generico is holding his midsection. Davey Richards kicks Generico in the legs, and he picks the Generic Luchadore up for a gut buster. Before Richards could drive him down, El Generico slipped out of it, and he rolls through and kicks up. Davey Richards runs against the ropes and goes for a lariat, which is ducked by El Generico. Generico runs at Richards and knocks him down with a short arm clothesline, and he follows up with another. Richards is back up and Generico bounces off the ropes again. Richards caught him and tried to go for a tilt-a-whirl, but Generico turned what could’ve been bad news into a bulldog. Generico lunges to tag in Chuck Taylor, and Davey Richards is there to stop him. Generico gets to his feet and dropkicks Davey Richards to stop from breaking up the tag. Generico reaches and gets the tag to Chuck Taylor.

Malenko – Good tag into Chuck Taylor, his first taste of in-ring action here in PRIDE.

Chuck Taylor runs into the ring and double stomps the downed Richards, then knocks Rocky Romero off of the apron. Chuck Taylor springboards on the ropes and drops his leg on the throat of Davey Richards. Chuck plays to the crowd, and looks pumped. Davey Richards gets up and Chuck Taylor picks him up from behind and drops him to the mat with a Blue Thunder Driver. Taylor gets up and climbs to the top rope. As Davey Richards gets to his feet, Chuck Taylor flies off of the turnbuckle. Richards is brought to the mat once more with a flying spinning neckbreaker. Rocky Romero gets in the ring now and round kicks Taylor right in the face, and Chuck lands on top of Davey Richards, causing a cover. 1…2… Richards kicks out, and he struggles to his feet, then pulling Chuck Taylor up with him. Richards whips Chuck Taylor across the ropes, and Chuck Taylor goes for a hurricanrana. Davey Richards blocks this attempt, and powerbombs Chuck Taylor to the mat as a great counter. Cover. 1…2… Kick out by Chuck Taylor. Davey Richards tags in a fresh Rocky Romero. He wants to slow the match down in favor of him, and he grabs the arms and locks the legs of Chuck Taylor and puts him into a Surfboard Submission hold. Chuck Taylor yells in pain, and his partner El Generico rushes in the ring to help him. Generico breaks the submission by pushing Chuck Taylor off the tabletop surfboard, then landing on Romero with a standing moonsault. Generico gets back to the apron on his side of the ring, pretending like nothing happened. Chuck Taylor slowly gets up, and Rocky Romero gets up after him. Chuck Taylor takes Romero and attempts to suplex him. Romero fights out of the attempt and brings some MMA like strikes to Chuck Taylor. Rocky Romero tries to kick Chuck in the head, but Chuck gets a big duck to save his face. Chuck Taylor whips Romero towards a buckle, and Romero is leaning on it, trying to catch his breath. Chuck Taylor backs up and tries a flying corner forearm, but Romero kicks his foot up and it meets the jaw of Chuck Taylor. Romero chops Taylor repeatedly, and Chuck is cornered with nowhere to go. Rocky Romero finishes his attack and backs up, going for something big. He cartwheels in the style of Low Ki and goes for a kick to the head, but Chuck Taylor evades it and he jumps to the outside apron. Romero’s chest hit the turnbuckle and he backs up, bent over. Taylor springboards and double stomps the back of Romero, and he rolls through and gets the tag in to El Generico.

A weak Rocky Romero gets the tag in to Davey Richards. Richards goes low and steps on the foot of El Generico and then pokes his eye. Richards hooks Generico in a waistlock for a German suplex, and it is reversed by Generico into a T-Bone Suplex. Richards is seated, and Generico runs against the ropes. He misses a dropkick to the back of the head when Richards rolled over. Richards kips up and kicks Generico hard in the midsection and the head. Richards picks him up and throws him to a corner. Richards runs at full speed and just crashes into Generico. It did more damage to Richards then Generico, as Richards is holding his chest trying to catch his breath. Generico jumps to the top turnbuckle and then springs off, going for a Tornado DDT, but it’s blocked by Richards who then kicks Generico with an enziguiri that was heard around the whole gym. Richards tries to tag in Rocky Romero, but Generico holds onto his leg and puts him in a half Boston crab. Richards grabbed the rope and the ref forces Generico to let go of the submission. Generico lets go and he tags in Chuck Taylor. Davey Richards is up now and lariats the incoming Davey Richards with big impact. He covers. 1…2… Taylor kicked out, and Richards looks frustrated. He tries to tag in Rocky Romero again, but Taylor pulls him back to the middle of the squared circle. Richards kicks Chuck on the side of the head, and Davey gets up and moves in for the kill. He hooks the arms and has him up for the DR Driver. Suddenly Richards falls to his back and is pinned by Chuck Taylor, an inside cradle. El Generico comes flying into the ring to stop Rocky Romero from breaking up the pin. The ref counts….
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, El Generico and Chuck Taylor, Team EGO!

El_Generico5.jpg

Chuck_Taylor.jpg

Simon – A big win by El Generico and Chuck Taylor, they just beat one of the hottest tag teams in the independent scene.

Malenko – They could go far in this promotion, it was a very convincing victory.
Masters – Convincing? They won with a goddamn rollup; those are the toughest to kick out of and the dirtiest tactics in wrestling.
Simon – Because Masters is currently having a bitch fit, we’re throwing it over to Leticia Cline, and she is with Austin Aries.

The camera shows the PRIDE backstage interview area, where Leticia Cline is standing with a tired looking Austin Aries…

Austin_Aries15.jpg

Leticia – I’m here with Austin Aries, who just fought Paul Burchill to a Double Countout. Austin, how do you feel after that grueling match with The Ripper?

Aries – Well Leticia, I feel great. I’m perfectly fine, the British Bastard couldn’t put me away, so it’s his loss.

Leticia – What do you think will happen next week with no winner coming out of your match?

Aries – That’s an easy question. Next week, Commissioners Ricky Steamboat and Mick Foley will put me, not Paul Burchill against Montel Vontavius Porter. Everyone knows that I’m better than Burchill, and he just started to fight on the outside because he knew he couldn’t pin me clean. And when that match with MVP comes, you will see me beat him, and the next man, and then win the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Championship. I already showed everyone that I can beat not only one opponent, but 3, just watch my match against my former Generation Next teammates. And today I showed that I can take a bigger opponent easily. And I’ve already shown to everyone why I’m a deserving champion. Because you see, I’m a Wrestling Machine, no one can doubt me on that. I’m superior to every single person in this place, and only my teammates Erick Stevens and Matt Cross are even close to my dominance. Next week, you’ll see me become champion, and I don’t care what the fans say, I will be the man that brings prestige to that belt.

Leticia – Thanks. That was Austin Aries, and now, back to you guys in the announce booth.

Sirius hits and the fans get on their feet. Ricky Steamboat walks to the ring. He grabs a mic and slides into the ring. He begins to speak…

Ricky – Tonight, I’m here as a fan. Even though I’m the so called commissioner of Pro Wrestling PRIDE, I’m also one of their biggest supporters and followers. For the past 3 weeks, I’ve been watching all of the matches, and it made me want more, all of the wrestlers in the back are stars. For the first time in a long time, I’m just a wrestling fan, not a critic. And tonight, I’ll be seated right there, ringside to watch the next match, the main event. It’s Jimmy Jacobs against CM Punk. Jimmy Jacobs thinks he has to score to settle with me, but I never did anything to him. So I’ll be here watching the match, and I will see that wrestling still is a sport.

He steps out of the ring and sits at the timekeeper’s table. Screams play through the giant speakers. Jimmy Jacobs and the Age of the Fall step through the curtain, looking angry. Jacobs slides into the ring and yells at the fans.

Miseria Cantare echoes through the gym and the fans clap along. CM Punk stands on the stage, and walks to the ring, with Colt Cabana and Ace Steel. He slides into the ring, and stands in one corner, warming up.

D’Angelis – The following is the Main Event. It is a first round contest in the PRIDE Championship Tournament. This match is scheduled for one fall, under a 45 minute time limit. First, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 219 pounds, standing 6 feet 1 inch tall, CM Punk! His opponent, from Grand Rapids, Michigan, weighing 178 pounds, standing 5 feet 7 inches tall, Jimmy Jacobs!

PunkvsJacobs.jpg

Main Event
PRIDE Championship Tournament

First Round
CM Punk vs Jimmy Jacobs

*Bell Rings*

CM Punk and Jimmy Jacobs lock up in the middle of the ring. Punk pushes Jimmy to the ropes, and Jacobs lets go of the lock, and he slides out of the ring. CM Punk looks at Jimmy Jacobs as he tries to catch his breath. Jacobs gets back into the ring and CM Punk picks him up and throws him against the ropes. Punk tries to back body drop him, but Jacobs kicks Punk in the face and starts to pummel him. Jacobs pushes Punk to a turnbuckle and continues his stiff attack. Punk falls and leans on the corner. Jacobs starts to stomp on him, and Jacobs uses the bottom of his boot to bring across the face of Punk. Jacobs runs and steps off of the opposite turnbuckles, and he runs at full force towards Punk. Jacobs tries to for a boot, but Punk rolled out of the way and into safety. Jacobs’ right leg got jammed against the ring post, and Punk runs against the opposite pair of ropes. Jacobs got hit in the back with a running dropkick. The right leg of Jimmy Jacobs gets jammed against the metal post once more after the dropkick, and Punk gets up and waits for Jacobs to get up, wanting to wrestle him. Jacobs gets his leg out from between the ropes and he stands up, walking with a limp around the ring.

Punk and Jacobs circle each other in the ring, and Jimmy Jacobs hobbles towards CM Punk. He attempts to dropkick Punk, but the Straight Edge superstar just backs up and evades the kick. Punk pulls Jacobs to his feet and puts him in a wristlock. Jimmy Jacobs kicks CM Punk in the shins to get him away. Jacobs runs and tries a clothesline, but Punk ducks and grabs the arm of Jimmy Jacobs. He quickly puts the left arm of Jacobs into a hammerlock, and he turns it around, sweeps Jacobs’ legs and drives his head to the mat with a Devil Lock DDT. Punk quickly attacks the downed Jacobs, locking in an inverted figure four leglock onto him. Punk grabs the arms of Jacobs and falls all the way to his back, getting a modified tabletop surfboard on him. The move adds more pressure to the weak legs of Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs attempts to roll to escape the hold, and he does, taking the pain away from his legs. Jacobs now takes Jacobs’ weak leg and puts it in a seated half Boston crab on the right leg. Jacobs reaches and crawls as far as he can to escape the hold and reach the rope. After struggling a little, he finally does, and the ref makes Punk back away. Jacobs slides out of the ring and starts to breathe, holding his leg while Harry Smith and Tyler Black hold him up. The ref starts to count Jacobs out, and after a count of 4, Jimmy Jacobs gets back into the ring.

Jimmy Jacobs lets CM Punk come to him, and when Punk tries to knock him down with a leg lariat, Jacobs backs away and lets Punk hit nothing but air and come falling hard to the mat. As Punk gets up, Jacobs stomps at the back of CM Punk’s head, and he throws Punk hard against the ropes. Jimmy Jacobs takes the charging CM Punk down with a spear, and starts to forearm the helpless CM Punk. The referee tells Jacobs to use open hands, and Jacobs gets off of Punk and starts to yell at the official. CM Punk gets up and tries to attack the distracted Jacobs. He attempts a back suplex, but Jacobs gets a standing switch on Punk and he drives his knees onto the head of his opponent. Jacobs then drives Jacobs’ head to the mat with a hard inverted DDT. Jacobs covers. 1…2... Kick out by Punk. Jacobs climbs to the middle rope and tries to drop his elbow on Punk. He does, and the elbow of Jacobs hit the chest of Punk hard. Jacobs gets up and rolls Punk over, and he stomps the back and neck of his opponent. Jacobs runs against the ropes and drops his knee onto the upper back of Punk. Jimmy Jacobs is booed by the fans after the move, and he tells the fans to shut up emphatically. Jacobs picks Punk up and whips him against the ropes. Jacobs catches him and goes for a sidewalk slam. Punk battles to his feet and grabs the far arm of Jacobs and wraps it around Jacobs in a half straight jacket. Punk stands on the side of Jacobs and sweeps the leg of Jacobs and falls back with a cobra clutch Russian Leg Sweep. Punk covers. 1…2… Jacobs kicks out.

Malenko – CM Punk could be making a comeback here, that move could’ve changed the tide in the match.

Simon – But Punk needs to focus on that injured leg. Remember that Jacobs and the Age of the Fall can greatly affect the ending of this match.

CM Punk probably heard Mike Bucci’s advice and starts stomping on the leg of Jimmy Jacobs. Punk sprints across the legs and drops his leg quickly on the right leg of Jimmy Jacobs. Punk grabs the leg of Jacobs and puts him in a Texas Cloverleaf. Jimmy Jacobs counters before Punk can get it fully in, and Jimmy gets a rollup on Punk. 1…2… Punk got the shoulder up, but he’s pinned again. 1…2… Another kick out, and the two separate, and stand on opposite sides of the ring, staring each other down. Jimmy Jacobs runs past CM Punk and across the ropes, and he stops and chops the chest of Punk, and then he pokes Punk’s eye, and Punk moves back holding his face. Jacobs runs across the ropes again and goes for a lariat, but Punk jumped up and nailed Jacobs with an enziguiri to the side of Jimmy Jacobs’ head, but he is still standing. The Straight Edge wrestler spins and hits Jacob in the face with a spinning fist, and Jacobs gets hit with it, and Jacobs moves backwards holding his sore face. Punk walks towards a pair of ropes, and gets the fans to watch the next move. Punk springboards on the middle rope, and he tries to go for a crossbody. Jacobs caught him and dropped him with a hard front powerslam. Jacobs covers Punk. 1…2… Kick out, and Jacobs motions for Punk to get up, calling for the finish.

A weak CM Punk gets up, and Jimmy Jacobs runs towards him, and he gets a leg scissors on Punk. He locks in the End Time, and Punk falls to his knees. Jimmy Jacobs wrenches the hold in with more force, and Punk tries to fight out of it. Punk crawls on his knees closer and closer to the rope, and after a few moments of Jimmy trying to block it, Punk reached the ropes. The ref forces Jacobs to release the hold, but he lets him count it out. 1…..2…..3…..4….. Jacobs finally lets go. Jimmy Jacobs football kicks CM Punk in the face, and yells for him to get the F up. CM Punk gets kicked by Jimmy again, and he is then brought down to the mat with a very hard running boot. Jimmy Jacobs climbs to the top rope, and he says it’s over. CM Punk quickly got up, and he grabbed a rope, and Jimmy Jacobs fell to his ass on the top turnbuckle. CM Punk rushes towards Jacobs, and he hits him in the back. Punk climbs to the middle ropes, and he continues to attack Jacobs. Out of nowhere, Jimmy Jacobs grabbed Punk’s head and put him in a modified End Time. Punk fights out of it, and hits several slaps to Jacobs’ face. Punk climbs to the top rope now, and he gets Jacobs hooked. He hooks both arms of Jimmy Jacobs, and he yells Pepsi Plunge. The fans are on their feet, and he’s about to jump off. Both men go flying off the turnbuckle, and CM Punk just nailed a picturesque Pepsi Plunge! Cover…
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, CM Punk!

CM_Punk8.jpg

Simon –
What a match, Jimmy Jacobs manned it up and took the pain.

Masters – But the emo freak still lost, he’s probably going to post a sad blog on the internet or something.
Malenko – Next week is the PRIDE Championship Tournament. Eight, maybe Nine men will enter with aspirations of being champ, but only one man can be crowned the first PRIDE Champion. Join us next week for that exciting tournament. Thanks for watching.

A video package plays to Superhero by Jane’s Addiction. After that, the credits roll.

0becad6981.jpg