Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Ekkologix (8) - Evans, Sky, Mandalorian, John McKringle, Lethal Tiffy, Noir, RDK

I’d said that it was informative, sure, but that’s when I believed that he was going to flip mafia. Whilst giving consideration to the possibility that he could have been town, I was operating predominantly under that basis because it seemed highly likely to me that’s what was going to happen given how he was playing.

Evans - I’ve said that him pushing Ekko and not me can be viewed in a similar lens to Poyser pushing me and not Ekko. However I know that I’m town so Poyser is wrong to be pushing me. Plus, as I’ve explained, Poyser has done this to me before. Of course, Evans could have done it to Ekko. So he’s not cleared, no.
Man - I’m not acting as if I’m above suspicion.
Sky - I’ve felt fine about Sky for most of the game.
John - Again, I’ve not had issue with anything John has said really and I liked his entrance.
Lethal - I don’t have much of a read because admittedly I can’t recall many posts. Was it lethal that wanted to go for Haza after one post or someone else?
OMB - Absent and then voted because he was told to. Not a great look.
RDK - Wanted to go for inactive OMB which I didn’t like and I don’t recall him responding to any questions I asked.

Then there’s Grim and Cake who were previously on Ekko but switched out. Potentially to split votes and get a no lynch but Cake presented her case for not voting Ekko which I didn’t necessarily agree with but refused to acknowledge she wasn’t getting support on that day for Blaine. I thought it strange she wasn’t pushing Ekko to claim to get himself off the table.

That’s my thoughts on Ekko’s town flip. Out of all of them I’d say OMB looks the worst and an argument can be made that Evans hedged his bets on me and Ekko and pushed the one more people would buy.

But my original stance stands. I don’t think anyone comes out looking great from that or can be cleared from it.
Wasn't Evans pushing Ekko before you were?

From memory Evans had ekko as scum long before you said so or voted, as he jumped on Ekko as soon as Ekko called out your post for fence sitting lol.

Again, I just don't think your opinions are real

Pendex

Reaction score
I think Ekko absolutely has to be the lynch today. I’m more than confident that he’s scum and regardless of flip that’s the one that gives us the most information.
and regardless of flip that’s the one that gives us the most information.
Yeah it doesn't really stand - you quite clearly argue for his lynch because you say no matter what he flips, it gives us the most information. You can't pretend to have analysed the risk of his flipping town here and then after he does so, argue that there is no information to be had.

Only real sticking point here is that this is incredibly careless if scum - you'd surely be aware of your position around Ekko and you'd know what he was going to flip, so perhaps you'd be more careful after his flip to not directly contradict yourself as you are now.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
.... As opposed to when Im town and I push lynches on people when I don't find a reason? :swaggyp

I also wasn't playing you and ekko off each other at all. Doing so assumes I played both sides, or egged you both on to go at each other. Can you point to any posts where I did this? I have been pretty consistent since pretty early that I thought you were scum and I thought Ekko was more likely to be town. Isn't that like... What Im supposed to do? Or are you saying it would have been better if I avoided the issue?

Tbh I'm not really sure what exactly it is that you're accusing me of. It's all word salad and doesn't make much sense kek. Just say you're pushing me because you don't like the way I'm pushing you. It's ok. You don't need to lie to me
I’ve based this on a past experience. Are you denying that experience happened?

And yes, you were initially on board with what I was saying more and then went along with the whole image consciousness bollocks that Ekko was spouting. You have been on both sides of this issue in this game.

I don’t like the way you’re pushing me, no, but it’s not because it’s directed at me. I’ve been debating and arguing with a town player for the majority of a 50 hour day and from my own admission not been able to do much else. It’s because it’s reminiscent of play I’ve seen before from you when you’ve been scum and it’s just a coincidence that I’ve been the target both times I’ve experienced it.

Hang on, I’ve been liking your responses to Ekko so far but this post is so strange. You’ve clearly been implying that he’s scummy? Or what was the point you were trying to make about him deciding you were his lynch and scrambling to think of reasons?

Here
Yeah this is the vibe I got as well, the last bit I mean
And here

You agreed with what I was saying about Ekko at the start but changed tacts when I correctly pointed out that I’d not outright called him scummy yet. As I said several times, I could have initially chalked off his responses to my thoughts on Wang,Grim to bad town play or a bad read but then his continued attempts to trip me up is what just convinced me that he was more than likely just mafia.

And there was (to me, anyway) a sense that Ekko felt empowered by you agreeing with him and pushing me too. So yeah, from where I’m sitting there’s something in the thought of you contributing to the escalating tensions. Again, the same can be said for Evans but the difference is that neither you or I resorted to insults like those two did. I’m not going to stand here and defend Evans for escalating tensions because he did.

You’re acting like I’m worried about having to fight my case but not considering at all that I know that’s what I’m going to have to do and I’m fine with it.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I need to clarify something - on this site I have been lynched as town for asking how long was left and for a vote count.

I am under absolutely NO illusion that people can,
will use ANY reason to lynch someone. I don’t sign up to a game of mafia to get lynched immediately so no fucking shit I am careful about what I say and conscious about how it comes across. What’s the point in playing if not to you know, play?

If Ekko was more concerned about how his 500 posts were being perceived and how he was coming across he probably wouldn’t have been lynched on day 1 and taken up the time of myself and other players.

I understand that he was town and I contributed to his lynch significantly but it’s not like I didn’t set my reasons for doing our multiple times and those later votes on his train (those not from myself, Sky and Evans) could arguably be more because of how Ekko was coming across and his antagonistic stance towards anyone disagreeing with him.

So sure, Poyser you can scum read me that’s fine. I get it. I don’t agree with the way you’ve gone about it or your reasons but considering I know that you’re wrong then I’m not going to agree, am I? Just like how you don’t agree with how I’ve gone for you because - for all I know - I’m wrong as well.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I’ve based this on a past experience. Are you denying that experience happened?

And yes, you were initially on board with what I was saying more and then went along with the whole image consciousness bollocks that Ekko was spouting. You have been on both sides of this issue in this game.

I don’t like the way you’re pushing me, no, but it’s not because it’s directed at me. I’ve been debating and arguing with a town player for the majority of a 50 hour day and from my own admission not been able to do much else. It’s because it’s reminiscent of play I’ve seen before from you when you’ve been scum and it’s just a coincidence that I’ve been the target both times I’ve experienced it.

Here

And here

You agreed with what I was saying about Ekko at the start but changed tacts when I correctly pointed out that I’d not outright called him scummy yet. As I said several times, I could have initially chalked off his responses to my thoughts on Wang,Grim to bad town play or a bad read but then his continued attempts to trip me up is what just convinced me that he was more than likely just mafia.

And there was (to me, anyway) a sense that Ekko felt empowered by you agreeing with him and pushing me too. So yeah, from where I’m sitting there’s something in the thought of you contributing to the escalating tensions. Again, the same can be said for Evans but the difference is that neither you or I resorted to insults like those two did. I’m not going to stand here and defend Evans for escalating tensions because he did.

You’re acting like I’m worried about having to fight my case but not considering at all that I know that’s what I’m going to have to do and I’m fine with it.
I was with you originally because I didn't think Ekko's initial sus of you fence sitting and explaining your null reads was any good. I switched because you were very clearly implying he was scummy but then refused to vote him because you were worried he'd accuse you of OMGUS and make you look bad. You then tried to catch Ekko out for pointing out how silly this was by saying "Did I say you were scummy???" which was a ridiculous thing to say when you had been explaining how his actions were scummy lmao. You then voted him a couple of minutes later.

I'm not denying your experience happened, Im asking what point it is you are trying to make? You seem to be implying that me making a push on somebody makes me scum but that's obviously ridiculous because I push people as any and all alignments. What about me pushing you is scummy? You just keep refencing a vague "this feels like what happened to me when you were scum one time" but you've failed to draw any specific parallels or explain why what I'm doing is scummy.

It's disingenuous to say I've been playing both sides. I was posted as I was reading back and by the time I had finished I had you firmly as scum and have been consistent ever since. Or is it me changing my mind when Im reading back that's supposed to be scummy?

Pendex

Reaction score
I need to clarify something - on this site I have been lynched as town for asking how long was left and for a vote count.
Maybe we're just different, but if I get lynched over what I know is nonsense I start to not care about pressure/possibly being a lynch candidate in later ones. If anything, I'm more interested than ever in getting to an accurate solve, because I know I could be lynched for silliness and there is a certain vindication in being right after the game. Quite possibly you just react differently but I will say over a quick skim you do seem to be very self-aware about how you will look by pushing/lynching Ekko.

Pendex

Reaction score
I would actually expect scum to be in a pool of players that didn't attach themselves to the lynch. I don't really have any inclination to root in there though, I'm likely already pushing it a bit as is. Ekko can be very tiresome to argue against across a day, it's generally better for scum to just read him town and play off him there.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Lethal - I don’t have much of a read because admittedly I can’t recall many posts. Was it lethal that wanted to go for Haza after one post or someone else?
That was Cake. I've town read Haza.

Disappointed to have not contributed more and see Ekko get lynched :/ Fact is with his style of play it can be easy for wolves to position a mislynch on him if enough people get pissed at his antics.

Pendex

Reaction score

Disappointed to have not contributed more and see Ekko get lynched :/ Fact is with his style of play it can be easy for wolves to position a mislynch on him if enough people get pissed at his antics.
So you think his lynch was scum-driven, then?

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I would actually expect scum to be in a pool of players that didn't attach themselves to the lynch. I don't really have any inclination to root in there though, I'm likely already pushing it a bit as is. Ekko can be very tiresome to argue against across a day, it's generally better for scum to just read him town and play off him there.
So everybody not on the wagon then? Cos there's 14 players, so you're trying to say it's a 6 player pool where we find wolves? Actually wait, it'd be 7 cos Ekko self voted.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score

Is this not a commentary of exactly what you did lmao

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I forgot what playing with some of you guys is like man :heston

Pendex

Reaction score
So everybody not on the wagon then? Cos there's 14 players, so you're trying to say it's a 6 player pool where we find wolves? Actually wait, it'd be 7 cos Ekko self voted.
Eh, I mean there will be I expect, yes. By attach I more mean someone who was invested in lynching Ekko - there could of course be scum joining late to secure the mislynch, I think there is probably 1-2 in each pile of voters/non-voters.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Kinda glad ekko is gone just for the post count lmao. Look at the who replied. Disgusting

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
So you think his lynch was scum-driven, then?
I wouldn't say driven exactly
Is this not a commentary of exactly what you did lmao
No? I got annoyed at him and voted his way, but well yeah I guess that is what I did. I'm not going to assume he an-heroes and does a self-vote though or can't get people off him.
Eh, I mean there will be I expect, yes. By attach I more mean someone who was invested in lynching Ekko - there could of course be scum joining late to secure the mislynch, I think there is probably 1-2 in each pile of voters/non-voters.
Well then Barry looks bad cos he was sniffing around Ekko but parked his vote on me. He's in your 'pool' as well.