Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Im in the process of reading back like 40 pages and I dont want to flood the thread with quotes but this post is fucking hilariously transparent :heston

He says Im a scum lean regardless of what Ekko flips lmao. Like legit his only 2 scum reads are me and ekko.... What do we have in common? Oh right, we are the only ones pushing him :bosque

Quality post
Because you haven’t sat back as scum and pulled strings, picking up on small things that you think people can construe as scummy before, have you?

Ekko’s play was shit and because of it I’ve been dragged into numerous debates with him, preventing me from doing much else.

Also acting like I’m the only one scum reading you

*stupid meme face*

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Anyway, Ekko’s lynch was his fault and he made it too easy for people to just jump on and there’s almost definitely scum on the wagon due to the numbers.

I’m working today all day so I’ll be back later on as it’s night anyway.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Because you haven’t sat back as scum and pulled strings, picking up on small things that you think people can construe as scummy before, have you?

Ekko’s play was shit and because of it I’ve been dragged into numerous debates with him, preventing me from doing much else.

*stupid meme face*
How have I sat back here? I made my feelings pretty clear and also made a stupidly long post about why I think Ekko is town, why I think you are scum and why I don't want Ekko to be lynched. I even implored people to give their reasons for lynching ekko which was ignored as I STILL don't know why anybody other than you and evans were voting for him

Ekko engaging with you doesn't stop you from doing anything else at all, that's a stupid point and a bad excuse. YOU chose to ONLY engage ekko and do nothing else. Funny how Ekko managed to deal with the tunnels of you and evans, and still make attempts to read the rest of the game

Why would you being the only one scum reading me or not be relevant at all in this case btw lmao? Again, such a transparent attempt to get backup. Its embarrassing

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Anyway I’ve finished reading back. Really annoying that I still don’t know why anybody was voting Ekko despite me asking people to explain. It’s kind of hard to sort things with that in mind but I’ve tried and written down some thoughts

Barry - thinks Ekko is scum, voting lethal without really pushing. But Ekko also thought lethal was scum and Barry put zero effort into workout out how likely it is they are aligned, or re-evaluate his stance on any of them. Was happy to see Ekko get lynched and in fact kept arguing Ekko was scum but kept his vote on lethal for ?? Reasons

I was already voting you before lmfao. I voted for Lethal cuz I wanted to put more pressure on him, and since no-one else wants to join me, including you and Cake... Unvote

Vote: Ekko

:Cocky2

Makes this post when both Ekko and juice point out that he should really be voting Ekko given his posts. I don’t really buy it tbh lol, he put no effort into trying to get anybody else to look into lethal, and instead spent most of his time talking about Ekko. If I’m adding this to him saying wang was “more active and lucid” than ever when he wasn’t, and then saying lethals post was “much better” and then when I asked why, he said oh i was just saying more posts was better, not the post itself. In fact me calling him out on this is probably why he voted lethal in the first place lol

He was also offered a specific game to check by juice in which her and Ekko (two of his scum reads) were scum together so he could gain more insight into how they’d play together and instead of being curious he was just like “nah, WIFOM”

I think barry just scum tbh, his opinions don’t really seem real to me

I also don’t even have a clue why he thought Ekko was scum in the first place.

If I’m dead tonight, plz look at him. I’m fairly high on him and mando. A third would probably be one of lethal or wang if I had to put a gun to my head. I feel like haza probably isn’t scum with the way he was around eod, just saying he hasn’t read and trying to start a wagon on OMB lol. There wasn’t any calculation there at all and he’s pretty good as scum so it would throw me for a loop if he’s scum and he just came in doing that lmao. He also then started disliking Barry which I also agree with! Last scum could be OMB too as he literally showed up right as he was brought up as an option after making 1 post in almost 3 days lmao and then just hammering Ekko. Amazing

I think Evans is likely town just because of how over extended he became and how hard he pushed. He basically harassed Ekko very early on D1 and then never did anything else, just zoned in and kept pushing. I feel like he’d be more likely to at least put on a show of doing something else/reading other people as scum. It wasn’t like he was inactive and just posting about Ekko here and there. Would be a pretty bizarre tactic as scum to expend so much effort and credibility to get rid of Ekko of all people. He was still going late in the day when it was obvious Ekko would be lynched anyway lol

Not sure what to make of juice. I can see the case for her being scum and thinking she’d look good off of Ekko’s flip but I that doesn’t feel right to me. She also kept posting about people coming at her for tmi so I don’t even think she thinks she would look good, she seemed to think it would make her look bad lol. I don’t really see the point of changing like that so late in the day. I think she’s just town tbh. She also made a point that resonated with me which is that Ekko probably would have been hammered earlier if he was scum as his team likely would have pulled the trigger on him. Also that most people voting were happy to just stand behind Evans and let him do the work. I agree

Barry is easily my top town read rn, our brain cells are vibrating in similar directions

This made me belly laugh but I won’t say why

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
1. McHenry
2. Lethal
3. Juice
4. Sky
5. Barry
6. Wang
7. OMB
8. Pendex
9. Evans
10. Man
13. Blaine
14. RDK

This is probably about where I'm at and its frustrating that I don't have many town reads but I'm struggling with sorting through that day with how it was dominated and most people being lazy. GTH I'd say I think Sky is probably town as well, and I had an early town lean on McHenry but my problem is he just sank into the background as the day went on so I can't really hold it up. I'd probably have him, sky and blaine as people I'm not really interested in pushing at this moment though. Obv want to focus on Mando and Barry, then I really do think the last one will be in wang/lethal/OMB. Wang rubbed me up the wrong way with the way he just kept avoiding to take a stance on the main issue and spent time instead explaining how he thinks one of those 3 were scum but never actually decided which one it was lol. The OMB stuff towards the end of day obviously sticks out more than anything else I'd say. It's so obnoxious lmao but then OMB isn't exactly a subtle player

Pendex

Reaction score

*stupid meme face*
You did say that you thought his lynch was informative - what information have you gleaned from his flip? Scum on the wagon, sure, but that seems like a good bet anyway.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
How have I sat back here? I made my feelings pretty clear and also made a stupidly long post about why I think Ekko is town, why I think you are scum and why I don't want Ekko to be lynched. I even implored people to give their reasons for lynching ekko which was ignored as I STILL don't know why anybody other than you and evans were voting for him

Ekko engaging with you doesn't stop you from doing anything else at all, that's a stupid point and a bad excuse. YOU chose to ONLY engage ekko and do nothing else. Funny how Ekko managed to deal with the tunnels of you and evans, and still make attempts to read the rest of the game

Why would you being the only one scum reading me or not be relevant at all in this case btw lmao? Again, such a transparent attempt to get backup. Its embarrassing
You’ve literally admitted to me in the past that you’ve pushed a lynch on me when you’ve been mafia and “found” a reason. I don’t remember what game it was but it’s happened. I’ve said multiple times this situation is reminiscent of that to me, that’s why you’re scum read by me.

If you are scum you know that me and Ekko aren’t and playing us off each other is just going to end up in both of us getting lynched for it eventually. And yes I’ve already stated that a similar argument can be made for Evans.

I had limited time to play this weekend and I was tagged several times by Ekko and had several of my posts quoted. Plus - and this is very important - I thought he was scum. Working to get someone I think is scum out is still contributing to the game isn’t it?

And you’ve breezed past the times I did offer thoughts on other players. Admittedly it wasn’t much but Ekko can’t high horse me when he refused to claim after being on -1 for ages and leaving us little choice as he wasn’t willing to try to clear himself so we’d have a chance to discuss other option.

Ekko’s play was wank mate and enough people agree that was the case. You’re obviously allowed to disagree but I wasn’t alone on that. And yeah, I’m not close minded enough to just assume that he HAD TO BE mafia just because I think he is. I considered an outcome of him being town and believed it doesn’t clear anyone. He didn’t play well and he was pissing everyone off and acting like he was better than everyone, plus people did have reasons for scum reading him based on his first comments on my reads. Reasons that if I recall correctly you initially went with before going after me instead before you said that I’d lost you or whatever.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
You’ve literally admitted to me in the past that you’ve pushed a lynch on me when you’ve been mafia and “found” a reason.

.... As opposed to when Im town and I push lynches on people when I don't find a reason? :swaggyp

I also wasn't playing you and ekko off each other at all. Doing so assumes I played both sides, or egged you both on to go at each other. Can you point to any posts where I did this? I have been pretty consistent since pretty early that I thought you were scum and I thought Ekko was more likely to be town. Isn't that like... What Im supposed to do? Or are you saying it would have been better if I avoided the issue?

Tbh I'm not really sure what exactly it is that you're accusing me of. It's all word salad and doesn't make much sense kek. Just say you're pushing me because you don't like the way I'm pushing you. It's ok. You don't need to lie to me

Pendex

Reaction score
Because he’s a town leader level player and he posts this shite and then advocates the lynch of an inactive rather than a player based off the current game state?
Counterpoint - he tends to be more involved and enjoys the game more as scum than town. Only exception I've found was a game recently where he wanted to town core... not really seeing that here. I don't actually remember the last time I saw RDK as Town play Town leader.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
You also played your hand by saying you just think I look bad no matter what Ekko flips. There's no nuance or attempt to solve me there. Like Ekko is somebody I took a strong stance on and talked about a lot, so his FLIP has to effect the way you view my alignment. If you come to the conclusion that both ways make me look scum, then fine. But you didn't talk about how I approached Ekko at all, just yourself. You didn't consider what my motivation was if Ekko was my teammate, what you think I thought I was accomplishing by defending him etc nor did you tackle what my play was if Ekko was time, and why I was trying to stop what was a very very easy wagon to just let happen. You just decided I was scum because I'm pushing you which is why you didn't actually take ekko's flip into consideration at all

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
You did say that you thought his lynch was informative - what information have you gleaned from his flip? Scum on the wagon, sure, but that seems like a good bet anyway.
Ekkologix (8) - Evans, Sky, Mandalorian, John McKringle, Lethal Tiffy, Noir, RDK

I’d said that it was informative, sure, but that’s when I believed that he was going to flip mafia. Whilst giving consideration to the possibility that he could have been town, I was operating predominantly under that basis because it seemed highly likely to me that’s what was going to happen given how he was playing.

Evans - I’ve said that him pushing Ekko and not me can be viewed in a similar lens to Poyser pushing me and not Ekko. However I know that I’m town so Poyser is wrong to be pushing me. Plus, as I’ve explained, Poyser has done this to me before. Of course, Evans could have done it to Ekko. So he’s not cleared, no.
Man - I’m not acting as if I’m above suspicion.
Sky - I’ve felt fine about Sky for most of the game.
John - Again, I’ve not had issue with anything John has said really and I liked his entrance.
Lethal - I don’t have much of a read because admittedly I can’t recall many posts. Was it lethal that wanted to go for Haza after one post or someone else?
OMB - Absent and then voted because he was told to. Not a great look.
RDK - Wanted to go for inactive OMB which I didn’t like and I don’t recall him responding to any questions I asked.

Then there’s Grim and Cake who were previously on Ekko but switched out. Potentially to split votes and get a no lynch but Cake presented her case for not voting Ekko which I didn’t necessarily agree with but refused to acknowledge she wasn’t getting support on that day for Blaine. I thought it strange she wasn’t pushing Ekko to claim to get himself off the table.

That’s my thoughts on Ekko’s town flip. Out of all of them I’d say OMB looks the worst and an argument can be made that Evans hedged his bets on me and Ekko and pushed the one more people would buy.

But my original stance stands. I don’t think anyone comes out looking great from that or can be cleared from it.

Pendex

Reaction score
Tbh I'm not even sure Smark counts self-votes.
I think Bobby could be scum. Has nothing really to add but feels the need to talk about this which really doesn't matter as far as engaging with the game goes.

Think Evans is town, probably stuck analysing purely from a logical perspective. I think his points make sense and are fair for him to believe.

Mando... could be overselling? I think he was right in regards to Ekko not claiming, that was just silly, but the point regarding Ekko wanting RDK to post without being coloured by his (Ekko's) perspective wasn't actually describing scum-indicative behaviour at all. He was just arguing it was scummy because he attributed scum motivation to it (which you can do for just about anything). Charitably could just be stuck in a tunnel.

Reactions: Poyser

Pendex

Reaction score
I’d said that it was informative, sure, but that’s when I believed that he was going to flip mafia. Whilst giving consideration to the possibility that he could have been town, I was operating predominantly under that basis because it seemed highly likely to me that’s what was going to happen given how he was playing.
Hm, no, I think Poyser had the quote, you appealed to it being informative regardless. Let me go find it.