Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Yeah Evans is winning this one. Ekko asked for receipts, got them, and now changes it around. His thoughts just don't seem to be consistent. They're almost intentionally confusing
you have no idea what u r talking about. evans gave something totally different from what i asked

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
But is this NOT challenging him omgusing? Cos you clearly care about it since you've gone on about it for so long
uh yeah nobody cares about the fact that he is omgusing

the point here that u and evans are casually ignoring is that mando is afraid of his scum read calling him out for omgusing. why the fk do that?

wanna discuss that? cuz evans fail to address it

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
uh yeah nobody cares about the fact that he is omgusing

the point here that u and evans are casually ignoring is that mando is afraid of his scum read calling him out for omgusing. why the fk do that?

wanna discuss that? cuz evans fail to address it
Evans more than addressed it. I thought you said you didn't accuse him of omgusing though? What is it?

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Because your play was getting increasingly scummier and it eventually arrived at a point where I became more confident you weren’t just acting on a bad read and we’re more likely just scum.
How was it increasingly scummier?

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
a one post hello and then nothing else is just stranger behaviour from someone who isn't shy from being active in mafia games. I'd ask Sky as the host of the last game on OLF - if she thinks the start is suspect considering he was one of the top posters in the game.
:pogba

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
At this point I think Lethal has a mafia crush on me.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
you accuse people of not reading posts when it doesn't suit your narrative. this strategy is growing tiresome

Evans made solid points. Clearly playing as a member of town.
Good point. Ekko's reply is weak also. Asking you to state Evans points in your own words. Ekko/Cake are not aligned.
Tell me you've got something on him that isn't just OMGUS (it will be a lie tho)
I like this aggression.
barry and sky said they dont see anything wrong with mandos initial post so i presumed its the norm for him here

i belive i explained the rest of this. we can agree to disagree

i see mando hasnt done shit tho since i left so the strong scum read is back
So the lean scum/null read goes back to strong scum because he hasn't "done shit?" Interesting turn of events

You linked Barry to Blaine and then you unlinked them. That's a walkback
Town.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I mean, there's certainly something to be said for an Ekko/Poyser team lol
Poyser has better control of his team than to let this happen fwiw

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I think an Ekko Poyser team likely hood is increasing. Poyser Seemed closer to town for me but then at some point lets Ekko convince him man is a good target mean time Ekko starts going after Evans.

Ekkos been dragging Man through the dirt almost like tmi even though everyone but he and Poyser have basically said this seems typical of Man play D1 seems to me Ekko felt that the train wasn't going to bear fruit and switched to Evans. He's called them both out for minimalistic play, but has left me alone which I find sus if this is his true motivations for going after these two? Also if this is the motivation for going after people why hasn't he gone after RDT or the two people yet to post at all?

Ekko knew Man wasn't happening and jumped on Evans .

Vote Ekko
Where does this come from?

This Ekko/Poyser team thing is a huge stretch. Barry and Sky pushing it as well. Would laugh if they played their cards like this.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Can see more of a Cake/Barry team ngl

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
You've now used activity as a reason to suspect two players that have good scum range and no history of completely no showing as scum.

The poyser town read is bad because it completely reduces his scum range.

The read on me is bad A) because it takes a one game sample and turns it into a linear argument of me being a scum lean because I've not posted as much as I did in that game and B) because you bring sky into it for no reason other than to try and lead her into the read so that you can abstain responsibility.

I'm going to assume you're just scum here unless this was simply a spite read for getting you D1'd last game.

I'll reserve my vote since I haven read more than a handful of posts this game and would rather try and do that first
SLAPPED

Town

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Yeah this is why haza immediately saying he looks town stuck out to me lol. I don’t see where that’s come from but could be tmi
Because his entrance wasn't just a running commentary of the game and he wasn't talking in riddles. Posting more naturally while coming to conclusions and asking questions rather than just saying what had happened. Particularly evidenced by him saying he can't read Juice only to then come to a natural read of her. Doesn't seem very agenda driven to do that as you'd just read her scum in the first place as scum.

Don't know why it's shocking that I would have a read on him when I typically read him extremely well.

Especially odd that sky found it noteworthy given that she just saw me nail him as scum in about 4 posts during her game

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
What's up folks and fellas alike?

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Alright folks, I'm ready to discuss now. Was playing some Town Of Salem 2, just got off a game where we lost four townies in one night and still managed to win.

I don't really have any significant reads. Poyser's huge just push on behavioral patterns on Day 1 just throws me off slightly. I feel it is way too early to even discern what someone's role with from when he started his speculation.

I'm rusty on mafia in general so I'm not fully aware on what everyone's patterns of playing are, so I am not setting anything in my mind as factual at all, just going through my way of managing sus and whatnot

Othering a bit of recent game time offers insight, that its not the first game or mafia interactions completely since the last game he played on WS/WC.

Yeah. I'm rusty but I think I got my brain in place.

brought up being rusty again. not sure why you would bring it up again. perhaps building up to, im just an innocent townie. dont look in this direction.

Oh Barry, I know you don't forget
unlikely to make this comment if both are mafia. could offer an out for Barry, if Blaine flips mafia. [LOOK BACK 1]

I guess I misconstrued my point. I got nothing against finding alignments, I love it. I just thought Poyser's way of doing it near immediately (I believe post I was referencing was Barry's intro) threw me off slightly.

this feels a little bit cautious. an element of wanting to survive. more of a mafia day one approach than town, who knows high percentage a town member fall in first lynch.

These were the two I was thinking about when I wrote that up, I kind of hated the way Poyser followed Barry on this, but I'm willing to chalk that up to my bad intuition.
a personal put down is a great way to dismiss "mistakes" and "incorrect votes" later down the line.

Alright that's fun.

Now that we've talked more, I feel more confident on Barry and Poyser. I'm glad I got to clear the air about what I mean with PoyPoy and Barry just kind of has this natural pro-town vibe to him.

If I want to connect some more town leads, I feel like Cake going through and picking at some of my starter posts feels a lot like what I can recall she has done in the past.

Right now, Wang, Sky, McHenry, Man, and Evans are the rest of the posters that I do not carry any strong feelings on. This isn't because you voted me Sky, I just don't really have a strong opinion on you in general. Wang's post on me felt like nothing, as others have stated, and was just a regular reply. McHenry, Man, and Evans just haven't done a whole lot for me to even consider them outside of Neutral.
this is fence sitting disguised as offering reads.

Just completely basic filler. I don't know if I'd put him anywhere outside of neutral, but I think it stinks that these were his only posts.
a tad of irony - as Blaine has been offering a lot of filler this game already himself.

I've been on and off reading during Smackdown, but what exactly has made you change your mind on me and Grimmy being opposing alignments? I know you've posted a lot and a lot of it has merged together in my brain, but this feels so out of nowhere because Grim to me hasn't made any huge relevations that have changed my stance on him.
if Grim is town and Blaine is mafia - this point can be circled back to [LOOK BACK 1]

That's a very weak reasoning to paint Barry as town no matter what I align as. My brain works differently than yours but looking at that, I don't gain any confidence in Grim being town, despite me town leaning him.
town leaning, but no confidence that Grim is town? this doesn't make any sense. more fence sitting.

I really wish I could label anyone as scum. I just haven't heard enough from anyone to have that scum viewpoint.

From my last read post, I've moved Cake down to neutral. Hearing other points about her post about me, it just kinda ... does nothing for me in terms of confidence. As for you, I just can't place my finger on where to put you. I'm kinda leaning NullScum, but that's just me and how I think about things.

Not even throwing down an initial scum read or rather unwilling to - I don't understand either.

I'm so sorry I lost complete track of time today. I've read through but I probably need to do a complete overhaul of all my thoughts before I can offer anything useful at all the table. I'm going to go page by page and react to things in that order, so I'll be longer to getting around to more current events, kapiche?
These post just feel like recycled coasting to survive the day and nothing more.

----

Honestly, its not enough for full confidence but there are certainly a few red flag here. If this was a 20-32 player game it would probably be a less cautious feeling, but I do feel this is the right move.

VOTE: BLAINE

Reactions: Ekkologix