Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
By my count there's at least 15 and I've got stuff to do that won't take 15 hours
i thought 15 were left b4 i went to sleep so i imagine like 8-9 now maybe

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
ok so my assessment of what just transpired is lethal just wanted to find an excuse to vote for me and preceed to dip right after

it cant be that ez man

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I never did get that Poyser read on Ekko :pour

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Poyser has better control of his team than to let this happen fwiw
You say that as if Ekko is just some soldier with no thoughts of his own lol

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Do you just forget every single game after it’s finished or what? I swear we have this same stupid conversation every single game

Trying to clear people as town is GOOD, NOT bad. I’ve had a little bit of success with it
Trying to clear people as town for actual solid reasons is good. Not arbitrarily deciding someone's town off a NAI post

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Unvote

Vote: Lethal

Im pretty content doing this for now.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
It actually makes perfect sense lol

town are generally fairly happy to just be like “yeah I don’t have a read on this dude. Null” because obviously that’s real. When a scum doesn’t want to commit to a read or doesn’t feel like that have the material to do so, they may put them null but be wary that they’ll get called out for fence sitting or otherwise providing nothing so they’ll feel the need to explain why they only have them as null
You're saying you've never explained a null read as town? (ignoring the fact that Mando's reads, which started this, were largely not nulls)

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Like that’s such a dumb post by John so to reply and be like “bingo” is hilarious. You’re just agreeing with him because he’s fallen where you want him to fall :heston

John is basically saying that continually pushing someone = I know this guy is town but if I keep applying pressure then he might slip. Like what??? Town continually push people literally all the time
At what point did he say that all continuous pushes are like that??

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
It’s not that scum can’t, it’s just that there’s no need to. Scum can just… lie. Or make up their own data. Like she could have just said “I went and checked Blaine’s opening posts from his last few games and his post length is NAI” or “he actually seems to post longer ones as town” etc etc lol

or just not took on that line at all? Like the only pov that makes sense to me is she saw John mention his post length, get curious about whether it actually means anything or not and went to check

like I can’t see the thought process from scum lol. They see the post and think hmm maybe I can make him look bad from his post count? But then you can’t so why would you post it? I think scum would see that post and think well that’s not really something I can push a lynch on either way and skip over it
Scum couldn't lie, because it's really not that hard to check. No idea how you think they could get away with it. It being legit is not a town tell

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think an Ekko Poyser team likely hood is increasing. Poyser Seemed closer to town for me but then at some point lets Ekko convince him man is a good target mean time Ekko starts going after Evans.

Ekkos been dragging Man through the dirt almost like tmi even though everyone but he and Poyser have basically said this seems typical of Man play D1 seems to me Ekko felt that the train wasn't going to bear fruit and switched to Evans. He's called them both out for minimalistic play, but has left me alone which I find sus if this is his true motivations for going after these two? Also if this is the motivation for going after people why hasn't he gone after RDT or the two people yet to post at all?

Ekko knew Man wasn't happening and jumped on Evans .

Vote Ekko

Vote:Ekko

No one else is likely to attract my vote and he is nothing like his last few town games on WG or FV

I'm here. Maybe this is wild, but I feel like Poyser should probably be next, him and Cake.

I'd look at them regardless of if Ekko flips scum or town. Speaking of:

Vote: Ekko

In case I forget to vote, cuz work is kicking my fucking ass.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Othering a bit of recent game time offers insight, that its not the first game or mafia interactions completely since the last game he played on WS/WC.

brought up being rusty again. not sure why you would bring it up again. perhaps building up to, im just an innocent townie. dont look in this direction.

unlikely to make this comment if both are mafia. could offer an out for Barry, if Blaine flips mafia. [LOOK BACK 1]

this feels a little bit cautious. an element of wanting to survive. more of a mafia day one approach than town, who knows high percentage a town member fall in first lynch.

a personal put down is a great way to dismiss "mistakes" and "incorrect votes" later down the line.

this is fence sitting disguised as offering reads.

a tad of irony - as Blaine has been offering a lot of filler this game already himself.

if Grim is town and Blaine is mafia - this point can be circled back to [LOOK BACK 1]

town leaning, but no confidence that Grim is town? this doesn't make any sense. more fence sitting.

Not even throwing down an initial scum read or rather unwilling to - I don't understand either.

These post just feel like recycled coasting to survive the day and nothing more.

----

Honestly, its not enough for full confidence but there are certainly a few red flag here. If this was a 20-32 player game it would probably be a less cautious feeling, but I do feel this is the right move.

VOTE: BLAINE

Go fetch data on it

Vote: Ekko

Unvote

Vote: Lethal

Im pretty content doing this for now.
srangersblue.png

Welcome to Gatlin Lake: The Strangers Mafia!
A family's road trip takes a dangerous turn when they arrive at a secluded mobile home park to stay with some relatives and find it mysteriously deserted.
Under the cover of darkness, three masked psychopaths pay them a visit to test the family's every limit as they struggle to survive.

e723bf2034ba07b21ecf58e1fc7ed81bcbbd122e.gif

Midday 1 Vote Count

Ekkologix (5) - Evans, Sky, Mandalorian, John McKringle, Lethal Tiffy
Mandalorian (1) - Poyser
Evans (1) - Ekkologix
TOP GUY TIME (1) - Brit Caker
Lethal Tiffy (1) - Bobby Barrows

With 14 players remaining in the game, it takes 8 votes to reach a lynch.

Day 1 will end on Sunday at 7:20 PM ET.

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
How long do we have left? Can we lynch mando instead?

I don’t see Ekko as scum and tbh I’m pretty clueless as to why he’s being lynched at all. What has he done that’s scummy? It seems most people are voting because they disagree with his mando push but why exactly has it been scummy?

I see Ekko get lynched basically every single game for the same reasons by the same people. He flails about and he rubs people up the wrong way but that’s literally his town game kek

If he’s scum then where’s his team? I’m the only one pushing against his lynch and there’s literally not one single other person in this game that has even softly talked in his defence. Nobody tried to stop his wagon taking off, nobody tried to push an alternative direction in order to take the wagon off him without directly defending him and nobody has made any effort to stop his lynch from being pushed over the side. If Ekko flips town then who have y’all got as scum? At what point did his team decide to bus or cut him loose? Immediately?

I seem to be the only one that sees it and idk but Ekko has far more right in his exchange with mando than mando does. Mando is basically pushing Ekko because Ekko is pushing mando. That’s literally it. Every single one of his reasons revolve around the fact that Ekko is pushing him and he “just decided he was scum and pushed him” yet Ekko has actual reasons for reading mando scum that don’t revolve around himself kek.

Mando has come across so calculated in his push. He spent a lot of time talking about how Ekko was scummy, but then made a show of not voting because Ekko himself would accuse him of OMGUS. Like what? In what universe do you not push your scum read because your scum read might accuse you of OMGUS lmao. It’s ridiculous. He then voted him 5 minutes later. Why? Because he got support and Ekko called him out for not voting. Why did that suddenly make mando vote? When Ekko called him out for not voting despite calling him scummy, mando replied “did I say you were scummy??” I responded that well you spent ages implying he was scummy and his response was that of course he implied he was scummy lmao. So why say that to Ekko? It’s because he’s just trying to make Ekko look bad. He wanted to contradict what Ekko was saying despite the fact that his contradiction made no sense. I said it at the time but he was very much trying to outmanoeuvre Ekko rather than solve him. His entire play has revolved around trying to look better than Ekko rather than figure out Ekko’s alignment. I can’t recall a single man post where he has actually tried to solve Ekko. They’ve all been about just making sure Ekko is lynched over himself lol

I disagree that Mando's been calculated, if anything he's looked genuinely frustrated at Ekko especially during the initial interaction. Like this here:

I’m not nervous? I don’t think I’ve had any issues replying to or combating anything you’ve said. I think you’re under the impression that you’ve rattled me or something when you really haven’t.

And yes, you’ve been trying to trip me up. You literally told me that I HAD to do something and tried to steer my own course and gave the implications of how I’d look if I didn’t.

“If you don’t take this view now then you’re definitely fence sitting”, which happens to perfectly play into the angle you’ve been trying this entire time. It was those acts of trying to put me in a position where I was doing what you wanted me to do to justify yourself that landed you where you are with me now.

also this is kind of ingenuine cuz i made my post around same time around ur vote so i obviously didn't see it b4 my post

Now that the traps aren’t working and other people have called him out, you can see that Ekko is now attempting to bait me with sarcasm and condescension. Unfortunately, it will not work.

And before I get accused of running away, it’s 1:35am and I’m tired so I’m going to bed.

Poyser, where do you fall on this post:

Wang has been in here which is usually a good sign but nothing from his posts have given me much of a lean yet unless I’ve missed anything. Wang needs to be consistently brought up though due to his tendency to fly under the radar. He’s a very good player when town and there’s a spotlight on him.

I agree that there wasn’t anything wrong with Sky’s pressing on McHenry so don’t think that’s cause for concern on her at the moment. Need to check whether her pushback on him was before or after you said you didn’t take issue with his post. Definitely don’t see someone coming in and pushing like that as scum if people have already said they’re fine with it.

Grim is looking okay at the moment as well. Asking a lot of questions and getting things going, not scared to share thoughts. Either town or doing a good job to appear to be so far.

Is it fence sitting? Or do you think Mando looking for town behaviour in Wang, Sky and Grim is theatre?

Do you just forget every single game after it’s finished or what? I swear we have this same stupid conversation every single game

Trying to clear people as town is GOOD, NOT bad. I’ve had a little bit of success with it

Cos, you've said this and I'd like to know where you fall on it.

The whole basis of Mando being a target right now is because of Ekko pushing this as NAI and scummy and refusing to read it as Mando looking for reasons to try and build town reads. Ekko's initial push was nonsensical and you even liked my posts here which means you agree with my stance.

so basically you want him to say “null” instead of explaining?

:pogba

Vote Ekko

The amount of times this man’s chased me reads and asked for reasons. Now he’s here pushing Mando and saying he shouldn’t have explained his reads and just said null is nonsensical

yes

People explaining their thoughts and reasonings provides receipts and reasons why the game progresses ffs

Mando's responses may not have been the best defence ever but he's clearly combative and there's plenty of conviction in what he's saying.

But Ekko hasn't just pushed him over just "fence sitting on null reads", Ekko's been targeting stupid shit like Mando not knowing Blaine had changed his username:

- blain lean scum, you don't really just mistake alignment for role, but the actual reason for the scum read is mando saying he didn't know who blain was in an over reactive manner in post 112 which seemed like a classic scum distancing post. i also don't like blain's reaction to barry here. gives me impression that blain isn't really interested in solving barry's slot:

Not a fan of Blaine based on comments about Poyser. Would be going there atm with a gun to my head.

Right, just saw as well that Ekko tried to use this post as a basis for a distancing accusation for me and Blaine. Blaine's username is 'TOP GUY TIME', I did not know that was Blaine's current username. Funnily enough, someone else asked who 'TOP GUY TIME' was in the FWA discord earlier this evening as well.

I know who Blaine is as he is a longstanding member of the e-fed I run and I have played mafia with him many times before. I do not understand how that post could have been construed as me pretending not to know who Blaine was?

Ekko is grasping at straws and describing his play as that is being generous to be honest.

Or the fact he was defending himself at 2am in the morning as a reason to push an indie narrative early game :bosque

do u think he can be indie?

i didnt think town mando would be worried about being called out for omgus or running away, so he is very image concious and concerned about his survival more than voting out what he thinks is scum

at the same time seems to have no team otherwise didnt need to spend time defending himself at 2am this early in the day when he cud just waste town time

that wud make him indie then

the ball is on his court anyway. dont confuse "looking better" as me not scum reading him. he just went from lean scum to null/scum or indie territory

To answer where's Ekkos team, he probably has a weak team and he's taken a leadership role. I'd actually suggest if Ekko's scum, we focus on Wang next. The moment I started challenging Ekko, Wang starts dropping random stuff like this which I challenged as it seemed like he was setting me up and then BAM suddenly Ekko OMGUSes my vote and is pushing me as his top scum read despite reading me town before hand.

I haven't played with Evans in probably a few years and what I remember is he has tossed team mates under the bus and I believe we were masons once in a game and he was close on the scum team.

Not sure if this is him calling out Ekko or trying to buddy up to Mando in this post. His posts after this seems to be following Mando or supporting him. He then votes Ekko first after supporting Mando.

This is massively not true lol

aside from my last game as scum where I duelled a team mate as we were both under a huge amount of pressure. I’m always a team player

Alright, I've been up a long time, but I will say I am null on Blaine he seems pretty invested in the game and giving thoughts, which is good for him. Null but town side.

Mando- null because his defensiveness I have seen before as both alignments and I can't lean that either way.

Sky- town lean atm. What I see is typical town Sky.

John- I need more from him no read at all.

Evans- null but I am trying to determine if he was buddying up to Man or just wanted to argue with Ekko.

Ekko- null as I can never read him and not sure I have seen a scum Ekko ever. I have seen Indy Ekko. What I am seeing is what I usually expect from ekko in a game.

Grim/Barry- he is here, not overly helpful like he usually is as scum, hasn't said let's go no lynch on day one or some weird off the wall thing.

Cake- she has what 3 or 4 posts nothing to get much from

Poyser- is another I struggle to read as well. I have played scum with him before so I know what he is capable of, but he was only here for a short period today.

If anyone else has posted I don't remember them posting at all.

We do have like 2 more full days in day 1. So I will need more interactions to hopefully garner more reads.

Why does it feel like you’re setting up some narrative here Wang lol

Why does it have be just those two options? It’s like you’ve decided I’m scummy and you can’t see any town motivation

Also @Ekkologix why did you not criticise Wang's readlist here for overexplaining his null reads?

It's much more fence sitty than Mando's post, especially around Mando, you and Poyser lol.

i think wang can go down to null/scum tbh, idk what the fk is he even trying to do here. he's not giving a comment on whats going on and just want to lynch us like he's completing a checklist or something.

thoughts on wang and watever gymnastics he is doing during the time im talking to evans?

You think he's null/scum but you're not pushing him like you did Mando who was a top scum read for you for the exact same thing?

When Ekko flips scum, this is clearly distancing between team mates.