Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Not really, I don't think it's fair to call my read list "how it's done" because it's honestly barebones and unimpressive :rosemary
no it's good, to be unimpressive is fine, to try and force it to be impressive when u have nothing but nulls is bad

ur post was concise and to the point, i didnt need to read extra text for a null read, or read a player's history from 2021 for a null read

in anycase, ur post came after the discussion we r having about the nulls so u dont get much brownie points because u cud have intentionally said it like that xd

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I think people are gonna vote Wang because he has a reputation of being very subtle as scum, but I don't think it's a good wagon. Wang has been the most active and lucid he's been at mafia in years (not joking btw), and his thoughts frankly don't feel to me like he's reaching or grasping at small strings to tug.

Blaine is very much similar. An active Blaine is a good Blaine, and I do like his inquisition towards yourself, it has shades of independent thought and taking initiative.
what does this tells u about the gamestate, in terms of whose mafia

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
what does this tells u about the gamestate, in terms of whose mafia
I'd say at least one of the stronger players, and possibly some of the inactives are among the scum team.

We have another whole day to post and have users make posts, so I actually am eager to see folks like Lethal post and see how they react. Haza just posted so gotta see how he posts as well.

The barn door hasn't closed quite yet, I still wanna see how the game goes before I so willingly throw my vote down.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I see a lot of town reads from you, Barry. Who don't you like?
McHenry and Ekko are probably the two who I have some hesitations about, but Ekko also has several votes on him already and I still wanna see the inactives post some before I vote.

I imagine Haza is reading back and Lethal will come in and post eventually.

I'm not sure if Pendex will post tho.

Also inb4 OMB says I'm scum :jade

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
McHenry and Ekko are probably the two who I have some hesitations about, but Ekko also has several votes on him already and I still wanna see the inactives post some before I vote.

I imagine Haza is reading back and Lethal will come in and post eventually.

I'm not sure if Pendex will post tho.

Also inb4 OMB says I'm scum :jade
I'll have a lil peek at McHenry, he's not done much

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
i think mando staying up late to defend himself early day 1 is more townie/indie than scummy tbh, as scum he'd know his team got his back and that the wagon will not grow overnight without a solid reason so he can sleep and just defend himself later to waste more time of the day

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Oh wow, he hasn't made any posts since the last one I remember, the one where he accuses me of always misconstruing his posts.

I understand why he might be self-conscious, but it's not a good look. Self-consciousness is not towny

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
i keep thinking the game is only 10 players lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Oh wow, he hasn't made any posts since the last one I remember, the one where he accuses me of always misconstruing his posts.

I understand why he might be self-conscious, but it's not a good look. Self-consciousness is not towny
I don't know if I agree with that, depending on the role, self-consciousness and restraint might be necessary to benefit town.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock

do u think the same about mando's self conciousness? worried about being called out for omgus and for running away?

these r often player dependant. some townies get very worried about being sused. i never thought mando was one of them, but i dont recall him being this worried as scum either sooo it's weird behavior i can't explain it

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I don’t see what’s fence sitting about his post tbh Ekko

he says nothing about Wang sticks out and then says it’s worth keeping a way on him?

his points on Sky & Barry also are looking for town readings but being cautious about committing a read too early in the game

I don’t see it as fence sitting tbh
I haven't played with Evans in probably a few years and what I remember is he has tossed team mates under the bus and I believe we were masons once in a game and he was close on the scum team.

Not sure if this is him calling out Ekko or trying to buddy up to Mando in this post. His posts after this seems to be following Mando or supporting him. He then votes Ekko first after supporting Mando.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
You seem to be misinterpreting Ekko's "dispose of ASAP" as "end day early" rather than the more logical "I think Mando should be the D1"

Which is honestly typical of someone who's afraid to die, which I'd associate more with non-town
Just like Sky is backing Ekko here in this post.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Vote Ekko

The amount of times this man’s chased me reads and asked for reasons. Now he’s here pushing Mando and saying he shouldn’t have explained his reads and just said null is nonsensical
I am assuming this is based upon other games not here as we haven't played together in awhile.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I was asked to share thoughts and that’s what I did.

I explained my position on players and why I felt that way with some other comments. That, to me, is more helpful than

Sky - town
Blaine - mafia

etc.

Because by just listing a bunch of names and a read next to them doesn’t tell anyone why I’m thinking what I’m thinking. Whether you think that’s necessary or not, I frankly don’t care. Because I can almost guarantee if I just listed names and a read I’d get asked why I felt that way about certain players.

How have I given people an out, can I ask? You’ve said me commenting on a player being active and making good posts and that I like they’re doing that is a bad thing. I couldn’t say for sure at that point in time that Wang, Grim, Sky or anyone was town with great confidence as the game had just started. There wasn’t exactly much to go off.

Just because I’m not as gung-ho as you and mark someone (incorrectly, I must add) as nailed on scum based on about 7 posts does not mean that there’s anything wrong with how I choose to play.
Did you specifically state why Blaine was scum?