Previous Impact Previews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
Re: UWF Presents: Impact 9/5/13

That was an enjoyable show! Some coding issues but those really dont matter much in the scheme of things.

Will say I got lost in the Kilq Bladerunners tag match too. not a knock on the writing at all, but I just was like, wait, what? Kliq goes through regardless though and these tournaments are shaping up nicely.

The Judge Judy stuff was a laugh. Didnt expect, was a bit fresh compared to just the GM coming out and saying, YOU FOUR DONT LIKE EACH OTHER SO TAG MATCH AT THE PPV. So I'll take it.

Lesnar goes through, Aries goes through as well in KOTR. Continues to get hotter in those brackets thats for sure.

Who plays Otunga and Maddox? Thats a cool pairing. Very "young blood" to me, I liked it.

Anyway, Mike retains and it'll be interesting to see who he faces at the PPV for a defense as well. Im guessing.. given the current roster and who will probably not be in a match at the ppv.. Bully Ray, Christian or um, the Mexicools. Dont ask me why, but that'd work probably.

Good show orange crew, cant wait to read the preview

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Not on iMPACT! But that was a hell of a show!

Otunga/Maddox pairing is interesting and I look forward to that.

I enjoyed the Judge Judy segment, was played out well.

Poor Lub couldn't manage to win thanks to Kane but if I see a RVD/Kane feud I will pop.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC

Very solid show.

Not gonna lie the judge judy stuff was pretty damn funny and I enjoyed it. I am trying to figure out who is Maddox and Otunga. Really did like the show this week. Interesting to see who Khali will face in the near future.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole

Was a good show indeed from the staff.

Tough lost for Bully Ray, thought I had it but oh well.

Congrats to all the winners & advancees in the KOTR for iMPACT.

Dash

Reaction score

Great show!

I honestly marked out for that Judge Judy segment, anyone who was a part of that should give themselves a tap on the back because that was gold!

The matches were great too. I was wrong in almost all of my predictions for who would win so that made it a lot more entertaining to read.

Onto my own match, I really feel like me and Fetter were pretty close in the TT Thread so I wasn't sure how it would go down. The way that Rey wrote that match made it perfect, you just didn't know when it was going to end. For example that Powerbomb, I thought it was over for Aries after that, and then came the last chancery, surely Bully wasn't going to tap out?! Then that set up for the bubba bomb from the top rope, all I could think in my head was GG Aries. Of course I was wrong and I marked the hell out as soon as Aries knocked Bully off the top rope and hit that 450 splash. Glad to be advancing in the tournament and thanks fetter for giving me the best TT session I've had here. :)

I didn't really see Khali losing his championship so soon after winning it, but RVD brought one hell of a fight to the giant and left me believing that we could actually see a title change here, especially after that Vandaminator that knocked Khali off the stage! Was sure we would see a five star frog splash from RVD for the win there, but I guess Kane didn't agree. Will be interesting to see where Kane, RVD and even Khali go from here on the road to glory.

Killz

Reaction score

Well ladies and gents say hello to my new pickups: BrOtunga <3

I enjoyed the show quite a lot. The Judge Judy stuff was fun to do, that's what fantasy wrestling is about, creating segments and opportunities as far from creative 101 in WWE as possible. Booking 101 should be followed but creatively we should always be looking for new ways to create scenarios and tensions. I enjoyed being a part of it.

Bully/Aries was the standout match for me. Seemed to go the distance and make KOTR look important.

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

Another solid show, Impact is off to a flyer.

Particularly enjoyed the Bully Ray/Austin Aries match, had me guessing right to the end. RVD/Khali was a good main event. I've never really watched Judge Judy but anything with Hassan is brilliant.

Congrats to the Hoov for advancing into KOTR, that ending is intriguing, looking forward to seeing what's next for Kane.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose

Complete lack of organization on my part, and I hope that it didn't hurt the show too much.

Anyways it was am exellent second show WWS. We got a stellar main event already for Summerslam already (Khali vs Kane vs RVD) and Otunga/Hassan vs Warrior and Sting. I really can't wait to see what you got planned next bud.

Also that Judge Judy promo was well done... too well done imo. :p

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Just a quick explanation - I initially wrote the whole of the Hassan, Grado etc match, tried to send it to WWS and my window had timed out. Lost the whole damn thing. Thankfully I'd copy and pasted it half the way as I'd had to go out. I forwarded that on to WWS and he finished it off. I was pretty bummed as it was the first match I'd written for UWF and I was pretty happy with it. Unfortunately I didn't have time to re-write it completely. Anyway - skip to the end - I enjoyed writing it and when time allows will try to offer my services to write a match here and there when it's needed.

Now to business, I also enjoyed the show. Similar small issues as have been mentioned above with the flow of the Kliq match, but it was still a neat ending. Some good promos helped it along. All thing considered, given it's a brand new show, which is populated by a lot of characters which people are kinda "giving a go" with, I think it's done really well so far.

Reaction score
Preview for UWF Impact 09/12/13

UWF Impact Preview for 09/12/2013, live from Barclay's Center, Brooklyn, NY!
TNAWrestlingBanner_zpsc7179fb5.png

The Goliath known as The Great Khali managed to overcome the David known as Rob Van Dam thanks to another UWF Impact Goliath known as Kane but the David wasn't slain and he's back and he's ready to go at it when he takes Kane in search of Redemption with only 3 weeks to go before Bound For Glory which of the three competitors in the UWF Global Championship Match will get the momentum going forward. Also Joseph Park has gotten to work on bringing the UWF Intercontinental Champions with another four man tournament, while The Watchmen do battle with Raw's 3 Live Kru in a spot of the next round of the Tag Team Tournament and the faces of the Impact King of the Ring will take place.

UWF Intercontinental Championship Tournament:
ICTournyChristianRay_zps87e9fb53.png

ICTournyJuventudPerkins_zps7581ca8b.png

Christian vs. Bully Ray
Juventud vs. TJ Perkins

Four Men, one championship gold as the Intercontinental Champions returns to UWF. Christian, Bully Ray, Juventud and most surprisingly TJ Perkins will be enter this tournament. Captain Charisma will be looking to spring back from his lost in the King of the Ring Tournament alongside Bully Ray while Juventud will be making his Impact singles début and TJ Perkins will be testing himself without his mask. Which two will make it through to Bound For Glory for the UWF Intercontinental Championship?

UWF Tag Team Tournament Match:
TTT3LKvsTheWatchmen_zps8fa96775.png

The Watchmen (Manik & Chris Sabin) vs. 3 Liv Kru (R-Truth & Rey Mysterio)
Last week, Manik and Sabin managed to get through to the next round of the tournament with an unwelcome assist from Brock Lesnar but noticeably Manik has a small crisis of confidence when he was unmasked and will this inflict on this week's performance or TJ Perkins wrestling earlier in the night help his confidence, more importantly what kind of influence will the 3LK have on Impact when they show up looking to advice?

Hardcore Brawl:
KanevsRVDHxC_zpse8e28647.png

Rob Van Dam vs. Kane
Kane has been robbed two weeks in a row, one week by Roman Reigns and the second week by Jim Cornette and a low-blow by Brock Lesnar but Kane ultimately got his revenge by costing Rob Van Dam and making a statement leading to RVD demanding he get's revenge on multiple levels and this week he get's some against Kane but what will the wild card the UWF Global Champion The Great Khali have to say when these two go to war.

Main Event, Impact's Bracket Finals Contest:
FinalsKotRAriesvsLesnar_zps7135b0f6.png

Brock Lesnar w/Jim Cornette vs. Austin Aries w/Grado
Last week both men walked away victorious, Brock Lesnar earning his spot in the King of the Ring finals by defeating Kane with a small distraction with Jim Cornette while Austin Aries beat Bully Ray with the 450 Splash and now these two collide. Lesnar also has a side-issue with Grado, a small vendetta after Grado cost Lesnar his Gauntlet for Gold and the UWF Global Championship. How will this match turn out and who will make it to Bound For Glory and the King of the Ring Semi-Finals?

WE WILL ALSO HEAR FROM:

Sting & Muhammad Hassan will confront each other in the middle of the ring, with David Otunga and the Ultimate Warrior providing support for thier respective teammates, this match will surely be electric.

The Great Khali will talk about successfully defending against RVD but now he has both RVD and Kane to face; what are his thoughts?

The King of the Ring Impact Finalist on the big opportunity.

Anyone else who wants to hand in a promo!

Last edited:

Dash

Reaction score
Re: Preview for UWF Impact 09/12/13

Stacked card. All of these Trash Talk threads should deliver, and I personally am looking forward to competing against Hoov's Lesnar. Should be a great iMPACT.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

I'm lookin forward to what me and Dres are gonna cook up. The Facepain Brigade will be running wild. RAWR!

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

I love the fact that TJ Perkins and Manik are both booked. If Chase is ready for it, we're going to have ourselves a good thread.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

Impact is off to a great start so far. There isn't much going on right now as far a feuds go but I expect full on explosiveness once we get past this first month of establishing characters. I really enjoyed Killz's portrayal of Brad Maddox. I thought he was going to start a power struggle with Joseph Park but it turns out he's just a manger for Otunga which was kind of a let down lol. Otunga is an off choice but with Maddox in your corner I can see myself looking forward to it every week. So Lesner is the first on Impact's side to make it to the king of the ring. I've never liked Lesner but here's to seeing someone actually stick with him. I enjoyed the tag match but like Slim said, it got confusing towards the end there but no big deal. I like that TJ is pretending to not be Manik. Also they are both booked for next weeks show which is awesome. I hope people liked my Mexicools segment. I really like the way it came off. I like the tag team of Sabin and Manik. They seem to blend well together and we may be getting a Hassan/Grado match at BFG.

The Judge Judy segment was a very neat and creative idea that worked nicely especially considering Joseph Park and Otunga are both lawyers. I would have never had thought of that idea. Aries vs. Bully was a great match up Rey. I enjoy both characters and picking a winner must have been a tough call for WWS. The main event was another good match. They both had short promos earlier on and now it looks like they'll have a rematch at BFG with Kane thrown in there as well. Kane was booked very dominantly in that battle royal and the new guy is getting a huge opportunity here. Here's to hoping these three can pull off a great session.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Impact Intercontinental Championship Tournament Juventud vs TJ Perkins

The crowd is settled in waiting for their next match until suddenly, the sound of a lawnmower runs throughout the arena.

[video=youtube;f0y5ndEtqGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0y5ndEtqGs[/video]

The crowd instantly boos as they know they are not in for a match and instead they are treated to The Mexicools coming down to the ring on their Mexican Limo 2005. They are wearing their uniforms AKA customized janitor suits and are dancing while Juventud drives them down to the ring. He parks at the bottom of the stage and Super Crazy slides into the ring and does a flip from the top of his head while Psychosis just rolls over the rope and into the ring. Juventud walks over to the time keepers table and asks for a mic. The time keep actually refuses and Juventud then kicks him in the stomach and throws him over the barricade. He then grabs the mics himself and heads into the ring and passes them out and begins to speak.

Juventud
Did you gringos just witness that? That man refused to give me a microphone? We are easily the most entertaining part of Impact every single week. We come out here and beat up the people taking our spots. It's funny right? And it looks like we've finally done enough damage and that Joseph Park has finally given us a match here on Impact.

The crowd boos loudly and Psychosis and Super Crazy make swatting motions telling the fans they don't need them.

That's right I went right up to that gringo and said, you saw what we did to that nobody on the debut show. You saw how we were mistreated in that battle royal. You didn't give your only real tag team a shot at the tag team tournament and you made us mad. So what did we do? We did what we do best and that's take out the people getting opportunities over us. We took out the legend that was William Regal and now you're going to see it our way or else. And what do you know, that gringo caved in faster than a Copiapó cave.

The fans boo Juventud

What? The Chilean Miners are still topical in our country. So Park said fine, we'll get a match but it turns out I have a chance to be the first Intercontinental Champion! We scared that gringo so much that he gave me what I wanted and more! But first I have to get through this new guy who think's it's cool to wear other people's clothes. Listen up kid, if you think it's okay for you to wear this outfit, you're mistaken. This outfit right here is a symbol of our oppression. Until we get real contracts, we'll keep coming out here dressed like your janitors. Our job is to clean and we're going to clean out all the people holding the Mexicools down. This right here, this is your debut match. You have a chance to prove to the world that you're actually worth a damn but judging by the way you talk and act, your buddy said it best. You don't have what it takes to be a man here. Us Mexicools, we got machismo is spades baby! Aint nobody more confident than the Mexicools! I don't care who you're friends with, they can't help you in this match. You may think we're just some gang who only attacks people in groups but that's only because they refused to give us matches. I'm a 29 time champion and I'm looking for reign number 30 ain't that right Crazy?

Super Crazy
Si!

That's the spirit Crazy! In case you gringos didn't know, Crazy here went to law school and has made us appearing on this show possible. According to him, all we need to do to get real contracts is win some gold so TJ, if you try and stop me, us from winning this Intercontinental Championship, it's technically a hate crime and Crazy here can sue your ass! So if you're smart TJ, you'll just lie down and let me pin you. I have no need to impress these fans, all I need is that sweet sweet money baby!

The Mexicools high five and celebrate but soon their moods become sour when...