Possible WrestleMania Opponents for The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar (spoilers maybe)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE officials have four potential opponents in mind to face “The Beast Incarnate” in Arlington, Texas next year: Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

September 24, 2015 – According to this week’s issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is currently considering three potential opponents for The Undertaker at WrestleMania 32: Seth Rollins, John Cena and Braun Strowman.

What do you guys think of these options?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
that last one for Taker is laughable. no chance.

the rest are the names we were likely expecting though.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Well, anything is possible in the WWE ...

I want to see Brock Lesnar wrestle Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship. As for The Undertaker, with Seth wrestling Lesnar, I guess I would want to see him wrestle Cena. That is a big match that hasn't happened yet. With Taker heel now, it could.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I want to see Brock Lesnar wrestle Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship. As for The Undertaker, with Seth wrestling Lesnar, I guess I would want to see him wrestle Cena. That is a big match that hasn't happened yet. With Taker heel now, it could.
Definitely don't want to see Brock/Seth again and for 'Mania I think they can come up with something better. Here's what I'd do with the top of the card, keeping in mind that some stars would need to align for a couple of matches to happen....

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose - WHC
Undertaker vs. John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan
Triple H vs. The Rock

I'd prefer Triple H and his boring methodical forced epic style not be on the card but if you're going to get Dwayne to be on the show then that's the obvious match. Bryan would have to be medically cleared but if he was it's hard to think of a better opponent on the grandest stage of them all.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Definitely don't want to see Brock/Seth again and for 'Mania I think they can come up with something better. Here's what I'd do with the top of the card, keeping in mind that some stars would need to align for a couple of matches to happen....

Undertaker vs. John Cena
Triple H vs. The Rock

I'd prefer Triple H and his boring methodical forced epic style not be on the card but if you're going to get Dwayne to be on the show then that's the obvious match. Bryan would have to be medically cleared but if he was it's hard to think of a better opponent on the grandest stage of them all.

this is pretty much what I'd like too. was gonna post this but completely forgot about Bryan and couldn't find an opponent for HHH as a result.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Austin Bates

Reaction score

Undertaker vs. John Cena
Triple H vs. The Rock

I would love to see Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan. I was wanting it to happen instead of Lesnar vs. Reigns (even though they turned out to be a real entertaining match)

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Apparently Brock vs. Rock or Austin is definitely off the cards. With matches with Cena, HHH & Taker already done to death, you gotta believe it's gonna be one from Rollins, Reigns & Bryan.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Apparently Brock vs. Rock or Austin is definitely off the cards. With matches with Cena, HHH & Taker already done to death, you gotta believe it's gonna be one from Rollins, Reigns & Bryan.
I want an Ambrose match then so Rollins can go with Reigns and possibly Bryan.

Taker has to take on Cena.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Man, people really need to get over the Austin thing. :lol:

That still works out well for my card though, provided they clear Bryan to compete.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Triple H vs The Rock seems like the only scenario right now. It'll be a nice attitude era throwback.

Lesnar vs Rollins would be great but after Lesnar destroyed Rollins at Battleground, it takes my excitement down a notch. Daniel Bryan is the only one I want to see Brock face. However, WWE may not want to do it cause Bryan is somewhat injury prone and Lesnar is aggressive. Hopefully it'll happen anyway.

Undertaker can face anyone but Cena is the last established star that Taker hasn't faced so go for it. Too bad the streak isn't on the line.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
the thing you gotta remember about this show (which is why I found the Strowman rumour laughable) is that they want to sell this show out and break the attendance record. So they have to go with literally the biggest matches possible.

As you said Sabs, I'd be more excited about Lesnar/Rollins had it not already happened and ended up being very one sided. I think that particular ship has sailed.

Castiel

Reaction score
The only opponent I really really want for Brock is Bryan. If he's unable to compete though, we've seen him against Reigns and Rollins, a brawl with Ambrose would rule and could for sure have a good build, Ambrose is too crazy to fear the beast.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk