Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Janet Jackson, is about to slay and show you wanna be pop h*es how to do it, As she preps for her new album.

Shes been working hard this year and she shall release it some time soon.

Next up, time permitting, is a new album shes been working on during 2011.
“I’ll just have to fit it in while on tour,” she says, stressing that her new project will not be looking backward or forward. Instead, she plans to stay in the moment.

“No rush, no deadlines, just create, see what I’m feeling, see where the music goes,” she says. “I want to see where I am in my life at that moment.”

Her world tour ends September 1st, In Los Angeles, California. (IN THE USA.)

Kairi

Reaction score
Michael Jackson makes it into Guiness book of records again!!!

Michael Jackson holds the Guinness World Record for the longest span of US Top 40 singles = 39 years and 2 months!

He first charted on the Billboard Hot 100 on November 6, 1971 with "Got To Be There" and last with "Hold My Hand" on January 1, 2011.

https://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson

http://www.guinnessworldrec ords.com/...gles/75258.htm

and
The most valuable jacket sold at auction was the black and red calf leather jacket with winged shoulders worn by US singer Michael Jackson in his renowned 1983 Thriller video,

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...tion/56848.htm

Most expensive jacket sold at auction

Who

Michael Jackson

Where

United States

When

June 26, 2011

Details

The most valuable jacket sold at auction was the black and red calf leather jacket with winged shoulders worn by US singer Michael Jackson in his renowned 1983 Thriller video, which was sold to Milton Verret of Austin, Texas, USA, for £1.1m ($1.8m) at a sale organised by Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills, USA, on 26 June 2011.
<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;b3fpbsr6kUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3fpbsr6kUo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
In what will be sure to have everyone and their psychic scratching their heads, Adele’s album ‘21‘ is back to #1 in the UK, for the 17th time.
The album, which now seems to have a mind of its own, is the highest selling album of the week in its domestic market.
Find out more below…

Beating Beyonce’s ‘4′ to the top position, ‘21′ sits two places above ‘19‘, the debut effort from the same singer. Lady GaGa’s ‘Born This Way’ enjoys this weeks #4 position whilst Rihanna’s ‘Loud‘ sits at #10.

Meanwhile, Chris Brown’s ‘FAME’ slides two places down to #18 and GaGa’s ‘The Fame‘ crept up by two spots to sit comfortably at #16.

It seems that not even the fact that it was released months ago is stopping Adele’s ‘21′ from chart supremacy.

Kairi

Reaction score
The super talented Bruno Mars covers Billboard magazine’s latest issue, celebrating 50 years of the Adult Contemporary chart. Relatively new to the scene as an artist, Bruno talks to the magazine about what it was like being dropped from Universal Motown; where he scored his first deal, his new found fame, being caught with illegal drugs and his future plans. Check out a few highlights from the interview below.
On getting dropped by his first label, Universal Motown
I wasn’t ready for it. I did nothing. And the lesson was — why are you waiting for someone to come and write a song with you? You know how to play the freakin’ guitar. Do it on your own.
“There was a lot of rejection. A lot of other labels saying, ‘You don’t know who the hell you are. You’re doing all this reggae, R&B, rock stuff. How the hell do we market that? Are you pop? Are you urban?’ Elektra gave me a shot and trusted my vision.”
On how he became a songwriter first
Brandon [Creed, then VP of A&R at Epic Records] was always saying, ‘You need a story. You need to be in the studio writing for people.’ At the time I was like, ‘You’re crazy. I’m amazing!’ But he was absolutely right. Working and interacting with other artists and being so involved with the business aspect; understanding A&R, understanding radio, understanding music videos meant that when it came to my time, I’d seen how it goes.”
On being caught with cocaine
It’s something that I wish would go away. It’s a cloud that constantly follows me no matter how many achievements. I’d like to move on. To show that I’m here for my music. Not to be in a tabloid.
On his success
It’s a rare thing that happens, especially in this day, where it’s real hard to sell albums. I’m traveling to places that I’ve never even heard of and there are all these people singing the songs back — and English is not even their first language. It’s like, what the hell happened?
On who he would like to work with in the near future
I’m just a mixed-up dude. I want to work with the Kanyes, the Jay-Zs… a Rihanna, a Gaga, Kings of <nobr style="color: rgb(149, 24, 28);" id="itxthook1w4nobr" class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Leon </nobr>, Mumford & Sons. I want to do all those things. As proud as I am of “Doo-Wops,” I feel like, ‘Oh, man. People haven’t seen nothing. They don’t even know what I’m about to do,’ and that’s what I can’t wait to show the world.
Words of Wisdom for Artists
“When people fall is when they’re like, ‘OK. Now I’m here, what’s next? A clothing line?’ That’s not what I’m trying to do. It’s like, ‘Don’t be a slut. Remember your dream. Do your music and keep it special.

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shots: Lady GaGa Bares It All In NYC

Some may say she was ‘Born This Way’ whilst others will take one look and decide that she’s just a ‘Government Hooker’.
Whatever you think, just check out these shots of Lady GaGa in her home town of NYC leaving very little to the imagination.

Here’s to hoping the only thing she was propositioned for that day was her autograph.​

Kairi

Reaction score
Gwen Stefani to design children's collection for Target <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
'It's a dream come true': Gwen Stefani to design children's collection for Target

Last updated at 7:56 PM on 18th July 2011

Cut-price cool: Gwen Stefani has designed a children's line for Target

Gwen Stefani has proved critics of celebrity-designed fashion labels wrong with the success of her high-end label L.A.M.B and Harajuku Lovers diffusion line.

Now the star, 41, is set to do the same with children's clothing thanks to an upcoming collaboration with Target.
Harajuku Mini will go on sale across the U.S. on November 13, with a second collection due to hit stores in January.

And unlike Ms Stefani's other collections, prices will be easy on the pocket, ranging from just $3.99 to $29.99.
In a release announcing the collaboration, the singer said: 'Harajuku Mini is a dream come true.
'I’ve always wanted to do a cool children’s fashion line inspired by the super-cute and playful kid’s clothing you find in Japan.'
Though images of the collection are not yet available, she hinted that the designs would echo the adventurous looks sported by her two young sons, Kingston, five and Zuma, almost three.
'The whole idea is about being creative, expressing your own individuality and having fun getting dressed,' she explained.

'Target has given me the creative freedom to design kid’s clothing that is different than most anything you usually see out there with great quality, attention to detail and most of all, available at amazing prices.'

Ms Stefani, who has been married to husband Gavin Rossdale for nearly a decade, launched L.A.M.B. (Love Angel Music Baby) in 2004. It is a favourite with fellow A-listers including Nicole Kidman and Teri Hatcher.

Small wonders: The Harajuku Mini line will hit stores across the U.S. in November

The Harajuku Lovers line, which followed in 2005, was named after the style-conscious area around Harajuku Station in Tokyo, Japan.
Trish Adams, senior vice president of apparel and accessories at Target added: 'Gwen is a creative force and her ability to create fun, wearable fashion made her an ideal partner for Target.'
Target, like Gap, has collaborated with a number of high-end designers on childrenswear ranges.

Inspiration? The star hinted that the designs would echo the adventurous looks sported by her two young sons, Kingston, five and Zuma, almost three

Past design partnerships have included Calypso St Barth, Zac Posen and Rodarte, all of which included pieces for babies and children, as well as Missoni, which is launching a cut-price line for the chain in September.
A spokesman for Target told WWD: 'Our strategy of differentiation isn’t exclusive to our more mature guests. We like to put the icing on the cake for all our guests. That is the fun, the flavoring of the assortment.'
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;2OxWD85Ngz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OxWD85Ngz4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;r_8ydghbGSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8ydghbGSg[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;swcULf1ATyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swcULf1ATyU[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
In what will be sure to have many of Lady GaGa’s Monsters roaring and hissing with contempt, Rihanna has spoken out on how she really feels about what the ‘Judas’ singer looks like.
Find out what she said below…
Speaking to We Love Pop, she said on GaGa’s look:
“I don’t think I could walk down the street wearing bubbles or a dress made of ham, but what she’s done has been kind of amazing”

Going onto reveal:
I am the opposite. I wear clothes I would wear on the street. I’m all about a real look.”

The opposite indeed.
Rihanna is certainly right when she says she and Ms. Germanotta are not the same.
For whilst one is renowned for her vocal abilities and ever intensive creativity, the other is arguably a mere puppet for chart hungry producers and over zealous record executives.