Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Forbes Top Earning American Idols 2011

Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">Oh Goodie. Forbes magazine has updated their Top Earning American Idols list. Here’s the latest:

1. Carrie Underwood – 20 million
2. (tie) Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry – 6 million
4. Fantasia Barrino – 4 million
5. Jordin Sparks – 3 million
6. Kelly Clarkson – 2.5 million
7. Jennifer Hudson – 2 million
8. Kellie Pickler – 1.8 million
9. Clay Aiken – 1.5 million
10. (tie) Katharine McPhee, David Archuleta, David Cook – 1 million

Recent contestants Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze, Crystal Bowersox and Ruben Studdard narrowly missed the list this year.

The top ten money-making Idol alums combined to earn $50 million over the past year alone.

These numbers are based on estimated pretax income earned from May 2010 to May 2011, before subtracting agent and manager fees. The totals were compiled with the help of data from Pollstar, RIAA and others, as well as extensive interviews with industry insiders including managers, concert promoters, publicists, agents and, in some cases, the musicians themselves. </td></tr></tbody></table>
Forbes Top Earning American Idols 2011 | mjsbigblog

4. Fantasia Barrino ($4 million)

Season Three’s champ cashed in on new album Back to Me and 38 shows; will star in film Mahalia! later this year.

5. Jordin Sparks ($3 million)

The youngest winner in the show's history, Sparks debuted at age 17 and broke out with "No Air," a duet with Chris Brown that has sold 4 million digital copies to date – making it the best-selling single ever by any American Idol contestant.

7. Jennifer Hudson ($2 million)

Hudson’s yearly take is a bit low due to a paucity of tour dates, but she remains one of Idol's greatest successes, winning an Oscar in 2006 for her role in Dreamgirls. She recently signed on as spokeswoman for Weight Watchers.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;Q-gu1KETjVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-gu1KETjVY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Vanilla Ice predicts Bieber failure <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Vanilla Ice has warned teen sensation Justin Bieber to enjoy his success while he can because his fame won't last.
The one-time rapper, real name Rob Van Winkle, was catapulted to fame thanks to his hit 1990 track Ice Ice Baby - the first hip-hop single to top the U.S. Billboard charts.
But the star's fame was fleeting and he struggled to maintain his success and Ice predicts the Canadian superstar will suffer the same fate.
He tells the Huffington Post, "I mean, I did 'Ice Ice Baby' when I was 16. So I can kind of relate a bit. Sold over a hundred million records. And I had a weekend that lasted about three years, and I didn't know who I was, what's my purpose in life.
"So my prediction about Bieber is that he's going to go through one of those weekends that lasts a few years because he's had such success as a child act.
"Then something else new will come along and he'll be forgotten and he can try to put all the pieces back together, so it's going to be entertaining to watch."

Kairi

Reaction score
Britney Spears Accused of Sexually Harrassment, Drug Use, & Lack of Hygiene by Former Bodyguard. <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
A former cop who worked for Spears claims the singer made his life a living hell -- sexually harassing him, doing drugs and failing to shower for days, according to a new report.
Fernando Flores, who worked as a bodyguard for the pop princess last year, has sued Spears' conservators for $10 million alleging a series of complaints, including sexual harassment.
Flores alleges that he faced a series of unwanted advances from the 29-year-old Britney, who "paraded naked in front of him and often beckoned him into her bedroom for sex," according to RadarOnline.com and Star magazine.

He also claims the pop superstar used drugs -- including methamphetamines and medicine used to treat heroin or morphine overdoses.
In the lawsuit, the former bodyguard claims Spears was a rude boss -- farting, picking her nose "unapologeticall y" and failed to shower for days.
"Spears was generally personally unkempt," according to the suit.
Flores, 29, also described "repeated, unwanted sexual advances and harassment" -- detailed in court papers filed in Los Angeles how the chart-topping diva craved a cocktail of drugs during the time he worked for her.

"Based on his former experience as a police officer, [Flores] is informed and believes and alleged thereon that ... Spears was often under the influence of illegal prescription and non-prescription drugs, such as Ritalin, Narcon ... and methamphetamines," the lawsuit claims.
Lawyers for Spears have filed a motion saying the allegations are false.
Spears has topped the charts with a variety of popular songs in her career, including the hit "Baby One More Time" in 1998 and "Toxic" in 2004.
Flores worked for Spears for nearly six months. He stormed out of her Calabasas, Calif., mansion in July 2010 after she allegedly bent over in a short nightie to expose herself.
"Spears made repeated unwanted sexual advances to [Flores], summoning [him] to her room at her residence for no other purpose or reason than to expose her naked or near naked body to [Flores]," according to the suit.
Flores said "the sexual advances of Spears were unwanted for a variety of reasons."
"Spears had obnoxious personal habits, such as chain-smoking cigarettes, which made her smell continually of stale tobacco," he wrote in court papers.
"She broke wind or picked her nose ... unapologetically before [Flores] and others and she was constantly and gratuitously loud and profane in her speech."

(NYPOST.com)

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;lYfkl-HXfuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYfkl-HXfuU&ob=av2e[/video]

happy birthday jlo - 42 years of sexy

Kairi

Reaction score
In what will come as exciting news for her ever loyal RihannaNavy, Pop starlet Rihanna has just announced what the next single to be lifted from her ‘Loud‘ album will be.
Find out what it is below…
Raise your glasses because the next single will be ‘Cheers‘.
Here’s to hoping this single does what she and her team are hoping it will. For with ‘Man Down‘ and ‘California King Bed‘ failing to enjoy chart glory, ‘Cheer’s could ultimately be the single that helps push ‘Loud’ back into a favorable position on the Billboard 200.

Kairi

Reaction score
Last week, Lady GaGa caused a media frenzy when she was snapped shooting scenes for her latest music video and her Little Monsters will be pleased to know that she has now given further details on the video in an interview given just hours ago.
She also surprised those interviewing her by speaking candidly of her on/off lover who inspired the song ‘You & I‘ lifted from her record breaking ‘Born This Way‘ LP

Lady GaGa Reveals Concept For Brand New Video | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net:: .. || Thirsty?

The interview is on the site, 21 mins long....enjoy.